PDA

View Full Version : Chinese-americans do not represent chinese people

Hexachordia
04-06-2014, 10:53 AM
I found a sad thread of chinese urbanization. Let me tell you as a common chinese, we hate it with a passion, the OP is a chinese-american using Chinas image to boost its pathetic self-esteem overseas. I am not pleased. :picard1:

Chinese urbanization is a disaster, it is non-scientifically planned, short-sighted, merit driven national development frenzy that helped a lot of corrupt officers get hands into national reserve and tax money. It fuelled corruption and destroyed precious natural environment. But somebody just sit oversea shamelessly boasting about what China does never realizing we honorable chinese are suffering. Chinese-americans are not chinese, but cultural nomads or neo-nomads as I term them.:thumb001:

zhaoyun
04-06-2014, 03:51 PM
This is your from another thread.

I am planning to kill as many as possible, like 900 million.

That's why I honestly find you crazy.

But anyways, I do agree with your points about the downsides of rapid industrialization in China. That's one side of it. The other side is that no country has gone through the type of massive industrialization in such a scale in such a short period of time. That's what I was referring to in that thread. If you took time to read my other postings here, you'd see I'm actually not very pro-PRC government at all.

About me not being a real Chinese, yeah, I agree. My personality is very American, that's why I wouldn't ever fit into Chinese society to be honest, even though I still have family in China and have travelled all around it. The US is my country and I'm American, despite being ethnically Chinese and being able to speak Chinese/knowledgeable about Chinese culture.

Hexachordia
04-06-2014, 05:13 PM

But anyways, I do agree with your points about the downsides of rapid industrialization in China. That's one side of it. The other side is that no country has gone through the type of massive industrialization in such a scale in such a short period of time. That's what I was referring to in that thread. If you took time to read my other postings here, you'd see I'm actually not very pro-PRC government at all.

About me not being a real Chinese, yeah, I agree. My personality is very American, that's why I wouldn't ever fit into Chinese society to be honest, even though I still have family in China and have travelled all around it. The US is my country and I'm American, despite being ethnically Chinese and being able to speak Chinese/knowledgeable about Chinese culture.

The only thing you need to do is to be a good american. Fight for america.

Hexachordia
04-06-2014, 05:16 PM

Or destroy its hypocrisy, fight for american people, consummate the promise of human right, freedom.

zhaoyun
04-06-2014, 07:09 PM
The only thing you need to do is to be a good american. Fight for america.

First of all, I distrust almost all governments because I understand the nature of politics.

Secondly, I do not have any other goals except to improve my own personal circumstances every day and to be a productive citizen of the United States. I do not use any social services, I am economically productive, law abiding and pay far more than my fair share of taxes to this government (although I disagree with their wisdom in using it).

Thirdly, you have no understanding of the issues in American society. There are massive problems and challenges facing the US as well.

Unome
04-06-2014, 07:54 PM
It is unwise to burn such a bridge when it comes to ethnocentricism/racism.

Hexachordia
04-07-2014, 09:16 AM
It is unwise to burn such a bridge when it comes to ethnocentricism/racism.

free will above racism, let people be what they want to be.

zhaoyun
04-08-2014, 06:38 AM
free will above racism, let people be what they want to be.

To be quite frank, my statement was not about free will, what I want to be, nor is it about burning bridges.

The fact is that I am American, whether some people may not see me as one is rather irrelevant, nor is the question of whether I want to be one. It's simply a fact, my personality, my experiences, my body language, my speech, my worldview were all shaped by this country, plus the fact that I'm an American citizen. So it's rather plain to say.

It doesn't change the fact that I'm also ethnically Chinese, and frankly, I was raised with a great deal of traditional Chinese culture in the home. I'm proud of Chinese culture and civilization, as there is a lot to be proud of. I'm also glad to see that China is advancing forward in its development. However, fact is, I'm not authentically Chinese and am not similar in most ways to people from China, though I can communicate with them and understand their POV because of my Chinese upbringing and knowledge of Chinese language.

But mainly, my response was to Hexachordia who came on this site with great assumptions based on one thread, and made this specific thread to ridicule me. Fact is, I'm not trying to claim to be someone I'm not. I'm actually pretty damn comfortable with who I am, I'm pretty individualistic actually.

Hexachordia
04-13-2014, 11:47 AM
To be quite frank, my statement was not about free will, what I want to be, nor is it about burning bridges.

The fact is that I am American, whether some people may not see me as one is rather irrelevant, nor is the question of whether I want to be one. It's simply a fact, my personality, my experiences, my body language, my speech, my worldview were all shaped by this country, plus the fact that I'm an American citizen. So it's rather plain to say.

It doesn't change the fact that I'm also ethnically Chinese, and frankly, I was raised with a great deal of traditional Chinese culture in the home. I'm proud of Chinese culture and civilization, as there is a lot to be proud of. I'm also glad to see that China is advancing forward in its development. However, fact is, I'm not authentically Chinese and am not similar in most ways to people from China, though I can communicate with them and understand their POV because of my Chinese upbringing and knowledge of Chinese language.

But mainly, my response was to Hexachordia who came on this site with great assumptions based on one thread, and made this specific thread to ridicule me. Fact is, I'm not trying to claim to be someone I'm not. I'm actually pretty damn comfortable with who I am, I'm pretty individualistic actually.

Being proud is a great idea, I do not feel here. In fact I feel difficulty in understanding the pride of emigrant chinese anywhere. I had been to Thailand, Vietnam countries weaker than China I still never feel such way. I feel more responsibility, melancholy, indebtedness. This is why I feel uncomfortable with the pride of emigrants.

Being an american by constitution itself is very idealistic, I hope you understand the basic ideals and show your strength.