PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: How to Open a Door.

oh-nahhh
04-07-2014, 10:38 PM
In life, opening up a door is a situation that you will face a lot, like for example in school or at work or even in your own home. Literally every year thousands of people must open doors. So, it's something that you need to be good at.

Now, here are some easy steps for you to follow.
1. Walk straight up to the door that you wanna open.
2. Stop at about one or two feet away form the door.
3. Make sure that you are facing the door frontally.
4. Extend your arm and grab the handle.
5. Turn the handle.
6. In the final step - you push the door.

Watch out for if the door pushes towards you or away from you, these are the only two directions in which the door can go. And it's important that you turn before you push, if you encounter an automatic door just relax and the door will open it self so watch out for that. If you follow these steps you should be able to open doors at a success rate of about 95%.

Good Luck.

albosomething
04-07-2014, 10:42 PM
life changing thread

been openin doors the wrong way my whole life

Linebacker
04-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Thank you man I've been trying to get out of my bedroom for days!You are a savior!

Dombra
04-07-2014, 10:46 PM
I always mess up on step 3. :cry2:

Hàkon
04-07-2014, 10:54 PM
How can one be sure one is dealing with a door?

Borna
04-07-2014, 10:56 PM
6. In the final step - you push the door.

THAT WAS THE CATCH ! THAT IS WHY I WAS SLEEPING IN A PARK FOR WHOLE MY LIFE!

Rĉdwald
04-07-2014, 11:07 PM
(Note: if you are a woman)

1. Stand near door and wait for someone to open it
2. When they do, glare and tell them you could have done it yourself.

Chivalry is so dead :picard1:

Roy
04-07-2014, 11:48 PM
How can one be sure one is dealing with a door?

I had some nasty encounter with door of a shop some time ago (I am pretty it really was that as an innate visual learner). Despite my early effort it really didn't want to go into expected forward direction with use of my persistent pushing. And after that I couldn't even try the other way around because I gave up just not to miss my bus.

Now obviously I am extremely dissatisfied with myself, but not sure if more because of my lack of knowledge when it comes to openning up such doors got exposed or more because I don't know whether that the shop was working in this moment or not. Now even more puzzled after all - what if there are door originally impossible to open?

Unome
04-08-2014, 02:34 AM
This thread is going to open a lot of doors for a lot of people.

Easily one of the top 3 threads ever created on TA.com, thank you! :focus:

Smaug
04-08-2014, 02:37 AM
Great thread! Could you make one for windows too? I'm having some problems with those.

Longbowman
04-08-2014, 02:42 AM
Could you simplify this please?