PDA

View Full Version : Classify Pasquale Cassalia

MINARDOWICZ
04-10-2014, 03:25 PM
He is from Calabria.

I do not think he is confined to the extreme south of Italy. I think he passes as far north as the south-central area (such as Campania or EVEN Lazio).

http://deweylightfoot.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/pasquale-cassalia.jpg
http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/04/gcelebrities/Pasquale_Cassalia-3.jpg
http://static.cinemarx.ro/poze/persoane-poze/2009/04/Pasquale_Cassalia_1240417780_1.jpg

Sikeliot
04-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Something Berber-ish in the eye region.

Someone is going to come in and say Berbers today are mixed and nonwhite, but in year 0 they probably looked like this.

MINARDOWICZ
04-10-2014, 03:31 PM

Someone is going to come in and say Berbers today are mixed and nonwhite, but in year 0 they probably looked like this.

You know... I do not see Berber and all but what you say IS probably right. For me, that element looked more like Paleo-med (Sardinian/Iberian type) which can be found throghout much of Italy AND Iberia. I found quite a few with this look in central Italy online BTW. Possibly more than the south. This makes sense though. I bet quite a few Amalfi coast people have a similar look BTW.

Old berbers probably looked like sardinians, or something of that nature. Maybe a little different though.

Peyrol
04-10-2014, 03:38 PM

It's more paleosardinian than berberid.

IMHO that's a good example of indigenous sud-italic people before foreigner settlements (romans, normans, etc).

Sikeliot
04-10-2014, 03:45 PM
It's more paleosardinian than berberid.

IMHO that's a good example of indigenous sud-italic people before foreigner settlements (romans, normans, etc).

There are Greeks who look like this too, usually islanders.

Sikeliot
04-10-2014, 03:45 PM
You know... I do not see Berber and all but what you say IS probably right. For me, that element looked more like Paleo-med (Sardinian/Iberian type) which can be found throghout much of Italy AND Iberia.

He doesn't look Iberian. They have a different look than this. Even if he is heavily Cromagnid I would be able to tell the difference.

Hadouken
04-10-2014, 03:47 PM
East-Med

MINARDOWICZ
04-10-2014, 03:59 PM
He doesn't look Iberian. They have a different look than this. Even if he is heavily Cromagnid I would be able to tell the difference.

I didn't say he looked fully paleo-med type. I said the "berber" element was likely that. Because, the berber influence on Calabria is not super significant, and he doesn't look levantine or anything.

GrebluBro
04-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I belive he can pass as White in the US..

Sikeliot
04-10-2014, 04:16 PM
I didn't say he looked fully paleo-med type. I said the "berber" element was likely that. Because, the berber influence on Calabria is not super significant, and he doesn't look levantine or anything.

He looks Sardinian more or less to me.

Tooting Carmen
04-10-2014, 04:29 PM
I belive he can pass as White in the US..

Oh ffs, you aren't still holding on to the "Italians aren't seen as White in the US" nonsense, are you?

Tooting Carmen
04-10-2014, 04:30 PM
He looks Sardinian more or less to me.

Probably.

Sikeliot
04-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Probably.

My first impression was Sardinian, in fact. Peyrol is probably right that this look probably predominated in southern Italy and then was overridden to some extent by other types (both northern, and eastern).

Tooting Carmen
04-10-2014, 04:33 PM
My first impression was Sardinian, in fact. Peyrol is probably right that this look probably predominated in southern Italy and then was overridden to some extent by other types (both northern, and eastern).

Interestingly, genetic studies show that Sardinians are the purest West Meds while Cypriots are the purest East Meds. Meanwhile, Italy is a blend of both.

Sikeliot
04-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Interestingly, genetic studies show that Sardinians are the purest West Meds while Cypriots are the purest East Meds. Meanwhile, Italy is a blend of both.

On the new Eurogenes, southern Italians (and Greeks, too) got 20% West Med and 26-30% East Med. Cypriots even get 16% West Med, and Moroccans got 20-25%.

GrebluBro
04-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Oh ffs, you aren't still holding on to the "Italians aren't seen as White in the US" nonsense, are you?

To me, most Italians are White..
I always say what White Americans over here would think of. :shrug:

Tooting Carmen
04-10-2014, 04:40 PM
To me, most Italians are White..
I always say what White Americans over here would think of. :shrug:

Italians are very varied. In this thread I posted the two extremes - both of whom come from Liguria, NW Italy: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?111301-Which-of-these-two-young-male-MPs-from-Liguria-NW-Italy-looks-more-typically-North-Italian&highlight=simone+valente

GrebluBro
04-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Italians are very varied. In this thread I posted the two extremes - both of whom come from Liguria, NW Italy: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?111301-Which-of-these-two-young-male-MPs-from-Liguria-NW-Italy-looks-more-typically-North-Italian&highlight=simone+valente

Southern Italians descendants form minimum 25% of North Italians, so second guy can't be ethnic-Northerner.

I'd say first one.

Tooting Carmen
04-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Southern Italians descendants form minimum 25% of North Italians, so second guy can't be ethnic-Northerner.

I'd say first one.

Oh dear. Dark Brits and French are all Jews, dark Spaniards are all Gypsies, dark Turks are all Kurds, dark Northern Italians are all Southerners...

Peyrol
04-10-2014, 05:15 PM
25%? They're something as 50-60% with peaks of 90% in some cities.