PDA

View Full Version : How healthy is your diet

armenianbodyhair
04-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Overall and for your specific needs?

I think I am around a 4-5. But compared to most Americans I am probably around a 7.5. I could do a hell of a lot better but for someone my age I am by no means bad.

Also, how much do you cook for yourself? please state both statistics in addition to voting in the poll, I'd like to see if there is a correlation.

I cook a little over half the time. I don't have a great kitchen, if I lived in a house of my own design I would cook all the time.

SardiniaAtlantis
04-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Compared to Americans I am a Solid 10.

My diet is strictly Mediterranean. I avoid the GMOs found so much in the US avoid processed foods. Make everything myself, and dont eat the fast food.
I dont have the heavy breakfast just a pastry..maybe a cheese and honey panino in the morning or just a croissant and coffee. I have also cut off sugar from my diet since I bought 5 Stevia plants and will produce my own natural sweetener. My people have been living to a 100 years so I am not going to ruin that diet. Cannonau every day once or twice a day keeps the age away.

Prisoner Of Ice
04-11-2014, 09:32 AM
The combination of bacon maple syrup and raw alcohol coursing through my veins would instantly kill a lesser man.

Mark
04-11-2014, 09:33 AM
My diet is usually excellent but I have the tendency to overindulge on junk from time to time.
I learned a lot about nutrition reading The Lancit and other peer-reviewed publications. I still go to PubMed for the latest university studies, etc.
These days, I mostly cook for myself and have always been quite handy in the kitchen. I focus on Proteins and Vegetables and take Fish oil and other core supplements.

Overall, an 8-9.

cally
04-11-2014, 09:34 AM
When I'm with my parents, it's sooooo healthy. But living as a student, not that much right now :) I have gym membership so I'm keeping fit physically :)

armenianbodyhair
04-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Compared to Americans I am a Solid 10.

My diet is strictly Mediterranean. I avoid the GMOs found so much in the US avoid processed foods. Make everything myself, and dont eat the fast food.
I dont have the heavy breakfast just a pastry..maybe a cheese and honey panino in the morning or just a croissant and coffee. I have also cut off sugar from my diet since I bought 5 Stevia plants and will produce my own natural sweetener. My people have been living to a 100 years so I am not going to ruin that diet. Cannonau every day once or twice a day keeps the age away.
I don't think GMO's are necessarily bad, we've been doing it for a very long time after all, but I'd rather just avoid it. It might be worse it might be better, but if you don't buy gmo products at least you know what you're getting. How does stevia compare to normal sugar for you, for some reason the stevia you can buy in stores turns my stomach if I have too much, how do you do it (I hate the effect sugar has on me most of the time). I eat fast food once a week or less...sometimes I'm just drunk and its hard to resist.

Mortimer
04-11-2014, 09:39 AM
probably not very healthy but compared to americans im a 8 but just it is too much what i eat, but not neccesarily unhealthy

armenianbodyhair
04-11-2014, 09:40 AM
My diet is usually excellent but I have the tendency to overindulge on junk from time to time.
I learned a lot about nutrition reading The Lancit and other peer-reviewed publications. I still go to PubMed for the latest university studies, etc.
These days, I mostly cook for myself and have always been quite handy in the kitchen. I focus on Proteins and Vegetables and take Fish oil and other core supplements.

Overall, an 8-9.
I hear you, I think I love proteins a little too much though. . For a woman its worse than for a man, so you should be fine, but it can fuck up your cholestoral if you're not careful. (that's what my dad's doctor told him anyway).

Mark
04-11-2014, 09:41 AM
How does stevia compare to normal sugar for you, for some reason the stevia you can buy in stores turns my stomach if I have too much,

There are a few types of Stevia, and the heavily processed and cheaper ones are bitter and can leave you with an upset stomach. T.J's has one that's 100% natural and unrefined and it tastes decent and agrees with me.

armenianbodyhair
04-11-2014, 09:42 AM
When I'm with my parents, it's sooooo healthy. But living as a student, not that much right now :) I have gym membership so I'm keeping fit physically :)
Same here, but I bet it's a lot better than being a student in the US. There has been somewhat of a food revolution here but to get the normal quality foods you get un Europe you have to pay a lot more in the US...a lot more than most students here can afford.

Mark
04-11-2014, 09:44 AM
I hear you, I think I love proteins a little too much though. . For a woman its worse than for a man, so you should be fine, but it can fuck up your cholestoral if you're not careful. (that's what my dad's doctor told him anyway).
The body will produce cholesterol even in the absence or Cholesterol containing foods. In fact, studies have shown that certain foods help raise HDL (the good levels) along with exercise. Most contemporary cardiologists and endocrinologists are aware of this now.

armenianbodyhair
04-11-2014, 09:46 AM
probably not very healthy but compared to americans im a 8 but just it is too much what i eat, but not neccesarily unhealthy

I think you'd be presently surprised with how healthy people live in California, to be honest. I had a friend who had a similar problem they were able to fix the issue and they said it was something about looking at food in a different way...I don't really know the details, but I love food, even more than I love alcohol so I feel you.

cally
04-11-2014, 09:47 AM
My main problem is that I'm addicted to doughnuts.

armenianbodyhair
04-11-2014, 09:47 AM
There are a few types of Stevia, and the heavily processed and cheaper ones are bitter and can leave you with an upset stomach. T.J's has one that's 100% natural and unrefined and it tastes decent and agrees with me.

What's it called? I will try it next time.

armenianbodyhair
04-11-2014, 09:48 AM

SardiniaAtlantis
04-11-2014, 09:49 AM
I don't think GMO's are necessarily bad, we've been doing it for a very long time after all, but I'd rather just avoid it. It might be worse it might be better, but if you don't buy gmo products at least you know what you're getting. How does stevia compare to normal sugar for you, for some reason the stevia you can buy in stores turns my stomach if I have too much, how do you do it (I hate the effect sugar has on me most of the time). I eat fast food once a week or less...sometimes I'm just drunk and its hard to resist.

If you buy Stevia in the Raw then that would probably be alright.. it should be a dark powder like a spice.. then you are getting the real stuff. Not that white stuff called Truevia that is not Stevia it is a product made by CocaCola using Stevia but very much processed and not good for you. Stevia in its natural format is just an herb the leaf is sweet so you dry it and crush it into a powder and replace sugar that way naturally. It is 30x sweeter than sugar without any adverse glucose effects, and infact has medicinal properties. As far as GMO's are concerned the links to Cancer are very troublesome best to avoid like you said most processed foods in the US though contain GMO's which is why I avoid them altogether the Cancer epidemic in the US is frightening.

Mark
04-11-2014, 09:50 AM

http://i.imgur.com/SWfwN2Y.jpg

armenianbodyhair
04-11-2014, 09:51 AM
The body will produce cholesterol even in the absence or Cholesterol containing foods. In fact, studies have shown that certain foods help raise HDL (the good levels) along with exercise. Most contemporary cardiologists and endocrinologists are aware of this now.
I think it's a genetic tendency because he works out an hour and a half a day. I know they tell you to avoid eggs though so I hope I don't inherit it, because I could never.

Mark
04-11-2014, 09:53 AM
I think it's a genetic tendency because he works out an hour and a half a day. I know they tell you to avoid eggs though so I hope I don't inherit it, because I could never.

Egg yolks help raise HDL (good cholesterol levels) In the famous 1959 study, they didn't distinguish between HDL and LDL levels. We have come a long way since then. Eat your eggs.

SardiniaAtlantis
04-11-2014, 09:54 AM
I think you'd be presently surprised with how healthy people live in California, to be honest. I had a friend who had a similar problem they were able to fix the issue and they said it was something about looking at food in a different way...I don't really know the details, but I love food, even more than I love alcohol so I feel you.

I love food like crazy!!!! It is about the kind of food you love though.. once you know the nitty gritty and you are used to eating properly the junk is not appetizing to you at all. For example I'd only keep donuts for when Alba Queen comes over lol ;)

If I feel like a sweet treat I know how to go about that as well always making yourself is best anyhow. Or knowing where to go for it of course.

SardiniaAtlantis
04-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Egg yolks help raise HDL (good cholesterol levels) In the famous 1959 study, they didn't distinguish between HDL and LDL levels. We have come a long way since then. Eat your eggs.

Adding to this 2 eggs a day for women 3 eggs a day for men along with lots of strawberries and greens help to keep your body methylated which is important if you want to avoid cancer.

Lithium
04-11-2014, 09:59 AM
I suffer from an eating disorder but at the same time I am vegan. So it could be something in the middle :D

Mark
04-11-2014, 10:01 AM

I will add that there is indeed a genetic propensity toward lipid disturbances, not just Cholesterol by high Triglycerides levels as well (which are even worse to have.) It is good that your Father is exercising regularly because that can help mediate the condition greatly.

SardiniaAtlantis
04-11-2014, 10:05 AM
More on Stevia

I need to emphasise that the only natural way to have it in the US is to have your own plant... the FDA unfortunately has not approved its resale in its pure form. The reasons for this are mainly because the FDA is not your friend. It is the same FDA which approves food colorings, and all forms of health harming additives in our food, because it is the same FDA that has the cure for the things they are making you sick with. It is all a money game. Perhaps in a few years a pure form of Stevia will be available at the store, as of now in the US that is not the case. It is easy to keep as a plant and easy to use.. best way is just buy your own.

Armando Esteban Quito
04-11-2014, 10:11 AM
http://memeblender.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/close-enough-meme-healthy-eating.png

SardiniaAtlantis
04-11-2014, 10:15 AM
http://memeblender.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/close-enough-meme-healthy-eating.png

This is more like it.
http://www.lakinzica.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/sagre-pisa-festa-pizza-oren.jpg

Siberian Cold Breeze
04-11-2014, 10:27 AM
what is a diet? I don't have one

I only have eating habits
basicly

I don't eat anything packed ( bisquits ,chips etc)
I don't eat dairy products from market .I buy milk and make at home or buy from local farmers/ villagers
I am mainly carnivore/ milkyvore and I can't eat/ digest raw veggies ..or directly drink unfermented milk
Butter is my sweetheart. Eggs are my lifesavers
i only drink beer ,wine or soft drinks ..i can't drink spirits
i m not fond of cakes cookies macaroni pizza patatoes ..a lot ....Unlike typical Turk I don't eat bread with meal.
seafood anything comes from sea
I am a soup addict , I don't like food grilled or baked long time and dried ,lost it's juice. Better if it floats in my plate.
I can't eat one more bite once I am full up ..
I love damn streetfood ..ALL !! Esp suspicious looking things ..one day one of them may kill me :D but then ,I die happy

http://i.imgur.com/WVgsRwc.jpg

SardiniaAtlantis
04-11-2014, 10:31 AM
what is a diet? I don't have one

I only have eating habits

I think here the word Diet was meant to be used as "eating habits" I tend to use them interchangeably myself.

Kalimtari
04-11-2014, 10:31 AM
numero 7

Siberian Cold Breeze
04-11-2014, 10:39 AM
I think here the word Diet was meant to be used as "eating habits" I tend to use them interchangeably myself.

probably I took it as " diets given or suggested by experts" ..

Hadouken
04-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Mine always fluctuates ...like my weight -.- A few weeks i eat totally unhealthy and feel like shit (also gain fat :() then a few weeks i eat better , feel better , loose some fat and that shit goes on again and again

At least in the past it was like that . I love to eat and can eat a lot ...you wouldnt believe it how much I (can) eat sometimes ....people sometimes thought i am crazy . I remember eating 2 whole Big King xxl menues with big fries and also 2 smaller burgers more added ....I have eaten it all at once . My friend didnt say anything the whole time and just watch me during the slaughter :lol:

If I didnt work out and had a rather Mesomorphic built i would look like sumo wrestler by now

I think I finally have found my rythm though and i eat healthier since a few days and i think this time I will keep on going like this for good

so now i would say 8/10

Stimpy
04-11-2014, 11:19 AM
I only eat organic, unprocessed foods and I never drink soda or eat candy/snacks. I also only use healthy fats in my cooking and I eat alot of vegetables.
I would put myself as a 10 if it wasn't for the fact that I drink large amounts of alcohol every weekend and I smoke sometimes.

Bobby Martnen
04-15-2018, 09:02 AM
2. It's horribly unhealthy, but at least I'm not eating like 8,000 calories a day.

Tom Cat
04-15-2018, 04:59 PM
I'm very muscular with low body fat. Aside from performing a workout regimen three times per week involving circuit training, my healthy physique reflects a relatively healthy diet that is free of most white flour products, saturated fat, dairy products, and, of course, so-called fast food. I also use protein supplements, and take vitamins.

Baked fish, chicken and turkey, with occasionally some properly prepared red meat in modest quantities are a part of my regular diet.

Not bragging. Just informing. This is all part of my chosen lifestyle. :)

amoora
04-15-2018, 07:01 PM
I don't always eat the most healthy things but I try to most of the time. I actually like veggies so I eat a lot of salad, Brussels sprouts, and stir fry. Sometimes I get carried away with cheeses though. I don't eat a lot when I do make an unhealthy choice, like if I go to McDonald's (which is v rare) all I'll get is a small order of fries. I was a bit chunky in my teenage years so I have to watch it.

My bf can eat a whole pizza like it's nothing...but he goes to the gym, I don't ha

alnortedelsur
04-15-2018, 07:05 PM
I try to eat balanced, and making sure that I ingest enough fruits and vegetables.

I avoid eating in fast food restaurants like Wendys, McDonnalds, Burger King, or KFC. I like eating in those places sometimes, but I try to don't do it more than once a month, or some like that.