PDA

View Full Version : When/Where did you receive your baptism?

Chieftain
04-11-2014, 09:25 PM
For Roman Catholic users specifically.

1)What church baptised you? What was the father's name that performed the ritual?

2) How old were you when you received your baptism?

3)Any special emotion you perceived during the ceremony?

I'll start by myself, I got baptised when I was 15 years old, by father Martin Bayliss of the British mission in Northern Albania(he is on a 10 years mission along with his british helper, Wally in the church of Saint Cole, Nord Albania)

The church of Saint Cole, was finished in 2005 completely, was run by a spanish priest for 2 years before father Martin became the supervisor.

About emotions, I felt completely relieved/embraced that night, the church was over-crowded, and there was even a line outside in the street :P

bot
04-11-2014, 09:29 PM
1) Nossa Senhora de Fatima in Bridgeport, CT USA. Priest's name "Padre Zé"

2) Itty bitty baby bot. If I can find a picture I will post it.

3) "Why are these people touching me??" I blame them for sexbot.

OK here it is, me on the far left...

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2jd4dqs.jpg

beep

Stefan_Dusan
04-11-2014, 09:31 PM
I know this was for Catholic but I never got baptized, and I don't know any Serb in my family to in our area who got baptized. And yet people here say Serbs are religious ones xD

Chieftain
04-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Bump.

Damião de Góis
04-12-2014, 11:22 AM
1) on a church near Setúbal
2) 6
3) i was too young to be feeling anything, but i was happy to dress up, etc:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/15zmmmx.jpg

Beit El
04-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Baptism?
Silly goyim fell for our Judeo-Christian plot.

Rudel
04-18-2014, 06:38 AM
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]1)What church baptised you? What was the father's name that performed the ritual?
I was baptized in the church of my father's village (where he was baptized, where most of family was, where he was an altar boy and where he married). No idea who the priest was, my grand-mother would know.

2) How old were you when you received your baptism?
I think I was around 1.

3)Any special emotion you perceived during the ceremony?
Not that I'd remember if there was any.

Incal
04-18-2014, 07:04 AM
I got baptised when I was 15 years old,

Is it common to get baptized that late in Albania or the Balkans? At that age I was getting my confirmation lol.

Trun
04-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Is it common to get baptized that late in Albania or the Balkans? At that age I was getting my confirmation lol.

During communist era baptising was forbidden so a lot of people were baptised after communism had fallen. My brother was baptised when he was 10. My mother was baptised secretly afaik, I don't know about my father. I was born after communism and baptised as a baby.

Incal
04-18-2014, 07:12 AM
During communist era baptising was forbidden so a lot of people were baptised after communism had fallen. My brother was baptised when he was 10. My mother was baptised secretly afaik, I don't know about my father. I was born after communism and baptised as a baby.

Oh gotcha. Thanx for the info.

Kazimiera
05-22-2014, 08:06 PM
I don't want to reveal the Church where I was baptised, but it is in my home town.

Father Jack Swann did my baptism. He was from Ireland.

I was three months old. :)

Minesweeper
05-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Can't find a better photo.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/14453836.jpg

ewort2
09-22-2014, 01:47 AM
St. Anthony's in Hamilton/Trenton New Jersey (USA). I was around six months old, so I don't have any emotions that I recall.

I don't know the priest because we weren't really practicing.