PDA

View Full Version : I feel that I must dig a hole...

Mazik
04-13-2014, 11:05 PM
One day I got hit by the instinct that I have to dig a hole, the more time that has passed after that the more convinced I've become that my task really is to dig that hole!!

I'm thinking of doing it during the summer, probably on the country-side.

Now the questions are, how should I dig it? By hand? with some machine? how deep? for how long?

Something tells me that I will be very satisfied when the hole is completed, but the question is how you know that it is finished .. I suspect that my subconscious wants to give me a GRATEFUL task for once! :)

Can anyone recognize themselves in this? Imagine the thought of just going out to some random place with a spade and just start to dig. That's at least something much more rewarding to deal with as opposed to much of the everyday life. Like spending a little too much time in front of the computer :eek:

Han Cholo
04-13-2014, 11:07 PM
As long as it isn't a glory hole, it's ok.

LucvHvce
04-13-2014, 11:14 PM
As long as it isn't a glory hole, it's ok.

*dead*

Ianus
04-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Is this a sexual metaphor?

alb0zfinest
04-13-2014, 11:23 PM

I hope not. Could give a very bad mental image.

Mazik
04-13-2014, 11:26 PM

No.

larali
04-13-2014, 11:36 PM
Must be some genetic/ psychological throwback to the days when men lived in .... holes?

Or maybe not.

Prisoner Of Ice
04-13-2014, 11:39 PM
By hole you mean vagina, right? Maybe you should give it another try.

1stLightHorse
04-13-2014, 11:39 PM
I know what you mean, except i get the feeling with lumberjacking.

Years ago I cut a massive tree down in my backyard for no particular reason. It was just standing there and i had this urge to just cut it down, so i did.

It took at least 3 hours to bring the bastard down and then chop it up but damn, it felt good in the end.

LucvHvce
04-13-2014, 11:42 PM
Wasn't there a film about this?

Stimpy
04-13-2014, 11:45 PM
Dig a big pond and then fill it up with water. Then you can put some fish or something in it.
OR just dig a really big hole and then put a roof over it and put a ladder in it. You can climb down there and just hang out, maybe decorate the bottom of your hole with some furniture or something. It sounds really rewarding somehow.

Not a Cop
04-13-2014, 11:58 PM
I know what you mean, except i get the feeling with lumberjacking.

Years ago I cut a massive tree down in my backyard for no particular reason. It was just standing there and i had this urge to just cut it down, so i did.

It took at least 3 hours to bring the bastard down and then chop it up but damn, it felt good in the end.

I got such desires a cople times also, i think it's normal to get such feelings in the world of high automatisation, where the hardest work for a man is to move a couch or open a Cola bottle for a girl, i think it helps not to fell yourself a cogwell.

Now the questions are, how should I dig it? By hand? with some machine? how deep? for how long?
I would highly recommend you to use a shovel, if you will try to dig a hole with your hands, you would'nt achieve much- your hands will be injured long before you will get tired, and if you will use something more automatised it may distance yourself from the feeling of achievment.

Ianus
04-14-2014, 06:32 AM
Could be a desire to escape from the current situation, to do something alternative

Caismeachd
04-14-2014, 08:43 AM
Swedes have a strange hard labour sort of instinct I have noticed. At least when I was living there. There are easier and more productive ways to do things but they like to get down and dirty.

I've never been compelled to dig a hole before but I did a strange thing when I was a little kid and buried all my action figures. I let them sit for two weeks before I tried to dig them up again and they seemed to have completely disappeared.

Mazik
04-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Interesting that some of you have had similar thoughts! :) but about other things, like lumberjacking.

Wasn't there a film about this?

Not that I know of. But it would be nice if we could find out a name of an eventual movie about this :)

Dig a big pond and then fill it up with water. Then you can put some fish or something in it.
OR just dig a really big hole and then put a roof over it and put a ladder in it. You can climb down there and just hang out, maybe decorate the bottom of your hole with some furniture or something. It sounds really rewarding somehow.

That's some nice ideas you got there! Maybe I could dig the pond close to a creek, and then lead some of the water to go into the pond :)

Actually me and my friends used to dig deep holes in snowdrifts when we were younger. Then we added some planks to cover the top of it, and then some plywood. Then we covered the plywood with snow and we had a secret hideout :D

LucvHvce
04-14-2014, 10:10 PM
Interesting that some of you have had similar thoughts! :) but about other things, like lumberjacking.

Not that I know of. But it would be nice if we could find out a name of an eventual movie about this :)

That's some nice ideas you got there! Maybe I could dig the pond close to a creek, and then lead some of the water to go into the pond :)

Actually me and my friends used to dig deep holes in snowdrifts when we were younger. Then we added some planks to cover the top of it, and then some plywood. Then we covered the plywood with snow and we had a secret hideout :D

I figured it out. One of the southern vampire mystery novels by charlaine Harris.. The part fairy Sookie has a traumatic event and feels compelled to dig a hole. So she goes out back and does it.. Then plants a tree.

portusaus
04-14-2014, 10:15 PM
By hole you mean vagina, right? Maybe you should give it another try.

Exactly, his subconscious is trying to tell him something.