PDA

View Full Version : UK has 'sexist culture' - UN rapporteur

Loki
04-15-2014, 03:41 PM
UN Special Rapporteur Rashida Manjoo says UK has 'sexist culture' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27034117)

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/74251000/jpg/_74251879_74251876.jpg

The UK has a "boys' club sexist culture", a UN investigator looking at violence against women has said.

Rashida Manjoo is on a visit to the UK, studying its approach to the issue.

She described the over-sexualisation of females as "pervasive" and raised fears that sexual bullying and harassment in schools was routine.

The Home Office said the government was committed to ending violence against women and girls.

Yarl's Wood

Ms Manjoo said she had found levels of sexism that did not exist in other countries she had visited.

She raised particular concerns about the portrayal of women and girls in the media and the treatment of girls and women in schools.

She said the British media was responsible for "negative and over-sexualised portrayals of women", with some websites and TV channels dealing in the "marketisation of their bodies".

Ms Manjoo said she had not looked at the websites, but had been "constantly" told about them by people she met on her visit.

She said it was clear "that there is a boys' club, sexist culture that exists, and it does lead to perceptions about women and girls in this country".

She also said she was worried that sexual bullying and harassment was "routine" in UK schools.

Ms Manjoo also said spending cuts were having a "disproportionate impact" on women, and raised concerns about reductions in legal aid for domestic violence victims.

She added: "Access to trauma services, financial support and housing are crucial, yet current reforms to the funding and benefits system continue to adversely impact women's ability to address safety and other relevant issues."

'Never agreed'

Ms Manjoo also said she had wanted to visit Yarl's Wood Immigration Centre in Bedfordshire, which houses hundreds of women, to "objectively seek information on violations being experienced".

But she said she believed an order to stop her gaining access to the facility had come from the highest levels at the Home Office.

She had been due to visit the site with the help of the Prisons Inspectorate, she told journalists, but was told by the centre's director that she would not be allowed access.

A Home Office spokeswoman said: "Violence against women and girls in any form is unacceptable and the government has shown its commitment to ending it.

"A comprehensive programme was drawn up for the special rapporteur's visit, including meetings with the home secretary, the minister for crime prevention, and the chief inspector of prisons.

"Several other options, including a trip to a women's refuge, were turned down by the special rapporteur.

"A tour of Yarl's Wood immigration removal centre was never agreed as part of this fact-finding mission."

LightHouse89
04-15-2014, 03:42 PM
LOL ahhhh the West [except America] is turning gayer by the day!

Loki
04-15-2014, 03:49 PM

This UN rapporteur doesn't look very "Western" to me ...

Caismeachd
04-15-2014, 04:00 PM

Women in US are FAR more masculine and feminist than they are in UK.

cally
04-15-2014, 04:08 PM
Rubbish.

portusaus
04-15-2014, 04:14 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/48569682.jpg

LightHouse89
04-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Rubbish.

exactly. only foreign eastern european women are real women ;) well some of our women are okay I will say where I live too many of them like leading men by the nose. Thats because the north east coast wants to be like UK and western europe..... thats why I like out west and the south more normal people live there with traditional values unless the place I currently live in.

LightHouse89
04-15-2014, 04:16 PM

Lesbos yes most women no. Unless your where I live then its normal for men to be on a Woman's leash.

LightHouse89
04-15-2014, 04:20 PM
meant to say unlike.......wont let me edit!

Ivan Kramskoļ
04-15-2014, 04:24 PM
She doesn't look like a woman by the way, it's perhaps the reason she is so pissed off :D

Teyrn
04-15-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm sure this hag won't be criticizing the misogynistic cretinism that immigrants like pakis bring into the U.K. but I'm certain that she's more than willing to blast native white Briton men.

I'm guessing, by her name, that she's a dot-head- mayhaps she better return to India, where the abomination of widow-burning (suttee?) is still practiced.

LightHouse89
04-15-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm sure this hag won't be criticizing the misogynistic cretinism that immigrants like pakis bring into the U.K. but I'm certain that she's more than willing to blast native white Briton men.

I'm guessing, by her name, that she's a dot-head- mayhaps she better return to India, where the abomination of widow-burning (suttee?) is still practiced.

LOL thats true. She does have an Indian sounding surname. She should criticize her own culture before pointing the finger at others.

Graham
04-15-2014, 04:39 PM
exactly. only foreign eastern european women are real women ;)

Alba Queen lives in England unlike the UN 'visitor'.

Hierarchalist
04-15-2014, 04:40 PM
The only way to end the "sexist" "boy's club" culture is to do ways with speciesm altogether. After racism and sexism, it's the next thing we must "overcome" if we are to reach enlightenment.

One day, hopefully, we can reach an age where we can't tell ourselves apart form a stone. I think we can look forward to an asexual future.

Balmung
04-15-2014, 04:40 PM

Not really, except for the better treatment towards women in the judicial system, and the pampering by a lot of media that comes out of Califonia/NY. US is one of the most sexist western countries. Have you spoken with a lot of our male citizens? lol

Teyrn
04-15-2014, 04:44 PM
LOL thats true. She does have an Indian sounding surname. She should criticize her own culture before pointing the finger at others.

India can be summed up in three words: one giant sewer.

I won't even mention what they do in the Ganges River for example. :D

LightHouse89
04-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Alba Queen lives in England unlike the UN 'visitor'.

I know the Cultural Marxist UN reporter isnt from there.....Just saying how many Westerners like to have their noses led by these types of people. I shrugg their foolish opinions off like water on my shoulders. I thought Alba Queen lived in US? But my statement was a compliment and truthful from my observations :p

LightHouse89
04-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Not really, except for the better treatment towards women in the judicial system, and the pampering by a lot of media that comes out of Califonia/NY. US is one of the most sexist western countries. Have you spoken with a lot of our male citizens? lol

Yes we should culture ourselves like European men, wear cpris and put leashes on our necks and let feminists take us good dogs for a walk LOL.

Hierarchalist
04-15-2014, 04:52 PM

It's a good thing. Not all men are buying the programming the leftist liberals are trying to feed.

Longbowman
04-19-2014, 04:12 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/48569682.jpg

The Jew definitely did this. It seems like one of those things that Jews are immune to. No Jews are ultra-feminists, that's for sure. Israel is a super non-Western country in terms of ethos right now.

Anyhow I'm ignoring this stupid women and so is everyone else in this country :)

Prisoner Of Ice
04-19-2014, 04:14 AM
Mangoo? lol

silverbell
04-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Europe has manlier guys than USA.

Incal
04-27-2014, 06:31 PM
This UN rapporteur doesn't look very "Western" to me ...

She looks peruvian actually.