PDA

View Full Version : Sheep gives birth to human-faced lamb

Loki
01-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Sheep gives birth to human-faced lamb (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sheep-gives-birth-to-human-faced-lamb/story-e6freuy9-1225819071357)

A SHEEP gave birth to a dead lamb with a human-like face. The lamb was born in a village not far from the city of Izmir, Turkey.

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2010/01/14/1225819/069125-sheep-gives-birth-to-human-faced-lamb.jpg

Erhan Elibol, a vet, performed a caesarean on the animal to take the lamb out, but was horrified to see that the features of the lamb's snout bore a striking resemblance to a human face.

“I’ve seen mutations with cows and sheep before. I’ve seen a one-eyed calf, a two-headed calf, a five-legged calf. But when I saw this youngster I could not believe my eyes. His mother could not deliver him so I had to help the animal,” the 29-year-old veterinary said.

The lamb’s head had human features on – the eyes, the nose and the mouth – only the ears were those of a sheep.

Vets said that the rare mutation most likely occurred as a result of improper mutation since the fodder for the lamb’s mother was abundant with vitamin A, CNNTurk.com reports.

A goat from Zimbabwe gave birth to a similar youngster in September 2009. The mutant baby born with a human-like head stayed alive for several hours until the frightened village residents killed him.

The governor of the province where the ugly goat was born said that the little goat was the fruit of unnatural relationship between the female goat and a man.

"This incident is very shocking. It is my first time to see such an evil thing. It is really embarrassing," he reportedly said. "The head belongs to a man while the body is that of a goat. This is evident that an adult human being was responsible. Evil powers caused this person to lose self control. We often hear cases of human beings who commit bestiality but this is the first time for such an act to produce a product with human features," he added.

The mutant creature was hairless. Local residents said that even dogs were afraid to approach the bizarre animal.

The locals burnt the body of the little goat, and biologists had no chance to study the rare mutation.

Jarl
01-16-2010, 06:18 PM
OMG! Dark Ages are back!

Äike
01-16-2010, 06:50 PM
I've heard even more disgusting things. A friend of mine knows a doctor and that doctor once told her that he had to do an abortion on a woman, because the woman had a dog growing inside her.

I felt psychically ill after hearing that. Some really sick things can happen in this world.

Jarl
01-16-2010, 06:51 PM
LoL! Shouldn't this have happened in Wales or New Zealand? :P

The Lawspeaker
01-17-2010, 08:45 AM
;) We call them goat fuckers for a reason..

Baron Samedi
01-17-2010, 06:13 PM
I've heard even more disgusting things. A friend of mine knows a doctor and that doctor once told her that he had to do an abortion on a woman, because the woman had a dog growing inside her.

I felt psychically ill after hearing that. Some really sick things can happen in this world.

That can't be possible....

Äike
01-17-2010, 06:27 PM
That can't be possible....

It probably wasn't fully a dog, but partially human and partially dog. Just like this lamb, partially human(the face) and partially lamb.

Jarl
01-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Are you nuts? When I said "Dark Ages" I was referring to the media selling their bullshit to the dark, uneducated masses... beware of the media, Karl! ;)

antonio
01-17-2010, 06:36 PM

I share your sickness. But I blame on the fucking psycotic media we had to suffer: the new is simply as repulsive as the fact. And poor people that can't avoid first hand knowledge!

Stefan
01-17-2010, 06:38 PM
I would like to see studies on interordinal hybrids. I don't think this could actually happen. Even interfamilial hybrids are rare, and only seem to be present in Birds a Class that hasn't diverged much genetically or phenotypically compared to others if I am correct? I never heard of a mammal hybrid past the genus level. Though I don't read much about this subject, so I think I'm slightly uneducated here.

antonio
01-17-2010, 06:42 PM
I would like to see studies on interordinal hybrids. I don't think this could actually happen. Even interfamilial hybrids are rare, and only seem to be present in Birds a Class that hasn't diverged much genetically or phenotypically compared to others if I am correct? I never heard of a mammal hybrid past the genus level. Though I don't read much about this subject, so I think I'm slightly uneducated here.

I try to keep myself as uneducated on these repugnant matters as I can, but I presume it's simply a mutation on the gene controlling relative positions of nose, mouth and eye-orbits. As simple as repulsive.

Tony
01-17-2010, 06:58 PM
http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2010/01/14/1225819/069125-sheep-gives-birth-to-human-faced-lamb.jpg

Hey let's classify it :p

Äike
01-17-2010, 07:01 PM

The thick lips give an Arabic vibe, while the skull shape looks Dinaric to me.

Jarl
01-17-2010, 07:03 PM

Very lepto-dolichomorphic, ultra-progressive half-sapiens type... ears look a bit odd tho :P

Loki
01-17-2010, 07:06 PM
The snub nose looks East Baltic, while that is most certainly a Viking chin ... must be at least of partial Norse origins.

Tony
01-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Very lepto-dolichomorphic, ultra-progressive half-sapiens type... ears look a bit odd tho :P

I'd also like to see the face of the shepherd , that may give us a clue...

:rolleyes::D

btw I believe in this story , such monstruosity have always happened in history.

Thorum
01-17-2010, 07:35 PM
I believe now, yes I believe.

Äike
01-17-2010, 07:35 PM
The snub nose looks East Baltic, while that is most certainly a Viking chin ... must be at least of partial Norse origins.

All kids have snub noses. If the specimen wouldn't be dead, then maybe in 5 years the facial traits would have evolved more and classifying would be easier. Thus we can't be certain in any East-Baltid origins.

Although it's certain that the specimen has a long skull which is either dinaric or nordid in origin. As the specimen was born in Turkey, then dinaric is the most likely variant.

Jarl
01-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Is it smiling?

Äike
01-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Is it smiling?

Yes, thus classifying the lamb is even harder. :mad:

Agrippa
01-17-2010, 08:04 PM
I try to keep myself as uneducated as I can, but I presume it's simply a mutation on the gene controlling relative positions of nose, mouth and eye-orbits. As simple as repulsive.

I think so too. Actually there were cases of Orang Utans being used and abused for sexual desires in parts of Asia and from what we know, yet we never had such a case.

Its impossible or at least highly unlikely, since we deal with biospecies and like Stefan said, this are not just to different biospecies, but the distance being much bigger.

Therefore a very rare mutation, or a defective development in the womb will be the most likely cause.

If such hybrids would be possible, we would see more of them I guess...

Jarl
01-17-2010, 08:09 PM
PPL! Pleaze! No such thing is possible. The divergence in developmental gene function and ontogenic processes is too great. There is a research on human-animal hybrids. And no. The embryos are not viable.