PDA

View Full Version : The day I decided to stop being gay

Majar
01-18-2010, 12:36 PM
The day I decided to stop being gay
Twenty years after he came out, Patrick Muirhead, 41, explains why he is suddenly feeling the appeal of the opposite sex

A minor incident in a barber’s shop last week has helped me to realise that I may no longer be gay. Not a fully fledged homo, anyway; perhaps not even a part-timer who helps the team out when it’s busy. It appears I may be going straight.

Read more: Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/men/article6990013.ece)

nisse
01-18-2010, 12:50 PM
ROFL...what a joke...he just wants a child "the easy way".

...I hope he is unsuccesseful :mad:

Murphy
01-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Faggots.

We all know why that lot want little boys.

Regards,
The Papist.

Eldritch
01-18-2010, 01:02 PM
You can't "decide to stop" being gay anymore than you suddenly can stop being left-handed, or having a certain eye or hair-color.

Just ask Ted Haggard or Richard Cohen.

Eldritch
01-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Faggots.

We all know why that lot want little boys.

Regards,
The Papist.

Not sure what you mean by that, but we all for sure know why Catholic priests want them.

Murphy
01-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Not sure what you mean by that, but we all for sure know why Catholic priests want them.

Faggotry knows no bounds. Father, teacher, politician and sadly even the sacred priesthood.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't be taken out and shot.

Regards,
The Papist.

Liffrea
01-18-2010, 01:08 PM
A minor incident in a barber’s shop last week has helped me to realise that I may no longer be gay.

That would be where you get to rest your head in a lovely wenches cleavage whilst she ruffles your hair…… I'm always thankful for the cape they give you to wear and the tissue at the end….:D;)

antonio
01-18-2010, 02:07 PM
I think adoctrination on the imposibility of a homosexual for being reformed its another blatant and revolting instance of the repugnant ideology propalated in modern schools.

Congratulations to this guy!

Osweo
01-18-2010, 02:23 PM
How queer! ;)

But be careful of converts, with their disgustingly promiscuous histories;

I once attended the nuptials of a gay male friend to a girl with whom he had unexpectedly fallen head over heels in love. It was a curious affair: the wedding party was peopled with his ex-lovers — including me, the best man and even the vicar. There is a risk that a wedding guest list of mine could have the same casting issues.
a dizzying number of casual couplings and a few trips to genitourinary medicine clinics.

I will spare you tales of exploits in the gloaming world of fast gay encounters. You would simply not believe what I have seen and done. You would not want to know.

I would want to know, if he was pursuing a sister or daughter of mine. :puke:

He has some good conservative attitudes, such as his disapproval of the word 'husband' for homosexual partners, but he still gets the 'whiff of suspicion' that he mentions from me. :disapproving:

I wonder how much of this is bullshit and just political propaganda though. :sherlock:

Skandi
01-18-2010, 02:47 PM
All sins can be repented? Actually I don't see a problem with him being gay in the first place, so I certainly don't have a problem with him finding women attractive, as to his history, well you ALWAYS need to take precautions with a new partner, so no difference here really, (and I have enough gay friends to know exactly what they get up to!)

Fortis in Arduis
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
It happens.

Many supposedly 'gay' men fall in love with women.

Some will dismiss it as heresy. I have long argued that homosexuality is natural but abnormal, to a torrent of hostility from gay friends who refuse to acknowledge that what you are and what stake you hold in society are not the same.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/men/article6990013.ece

Lars
01-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Faggotry is slang for Catholic priesthood.

Treffie
02-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I think adoctrination on the imposibility of a homosexual for being reformed its another blatant and revolting instance of the repugnant ideology propalated in modern schools.

Congratulations to this guy!

Why congratulations? He'll be back to his evil, sodomite ways in no time! :D

The bizarre world of gay-to-straight conversion

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/the-exgay-files-the-bizarre-world-of-gaytostraight-conversion-1884947.html

Germanicus
02-12-2010, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Arawn;170409]Why congratulations? He'll be back to his evil, sodomite ways in no time! :D]

Yes i agree, once a man has has entered a house by the back door he cannot enter by the front door....:)

The Ripper
02-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Faggotry is slang for Catholic priesthood.

This is getting old. :coffee:

Amapola
02-12-2010, 07:12 PM
What I would reply to that is also getting old. :D

antonio
02-12-2010, 07:26 PM
What I would reply to that is also getting old. :D

I support your firm stand. BTW, would be granted me the Nobel prize on Social Sciences if I say that Priesthood was the obvious choice for gays of pedophilic tendences? Frankly, I don't imagine them as young soldiers at the night peace of barrack bedrooms touching on their comrades without the subsequent potentially harmful counter reaction against them.:D

Or maybe it's just hate on religion. :coffee:

Amarantine
02-15-2010, 07:08 AM
It was a curious affair: the wedding party was peopled with his ex-lovers — including me,the best man and even the vicar.

:cool:

Nordish Persephone
02-15-2010, 01:38 PM
The day I decided to stop being gay
Twenty years after he came out, Patrick Muirhead, 41, explains why he is suddenly feeling the appeal of the opposite sex

Read more: Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/men/article6990013.ece)

Arghh! :eek: Gay men are icky.

Vulpix
02-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Arghh! :eek: Gay men are icky.

I like most gay men actually.

Nordish Persephone
02-15-2010, 01:41 PM
I like most gay men actually.

Well then there's something wrong with you. :( Thats very sad actually.

Vulpix
02-15-2010, 01:46 PM

:D

I even like watching them get off with each other, imagine that ;)!...

Nordish Persephone
02-15-2010, 01:48 PM

I think you need some self help if thats really true.

Vulpix
02-15-2010, 01:50 PM

Thank you, but I enjoy it this way :D.

I hope you enjoy your homophobia at least as much ;).

Bridie
02-15-2010, 01:58 PM
It happens.

Many supposedly 'gay' men fall in love with women.

Of course they can love women, and many do, I'm sure... what they can't feel for them is sexual attraction. Not much good in a marriage... and it will most likely just lead to bitter resentments and even hatred in the end...

Treffie
02-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Please, have a potato

http://www.howbigismypotato.com/potato.jpg

Crux
02-15-2010, 02:32 PM
I can't stop laughing at the primitive cavemen in this thread, haha. If you are gay you are gay, nothing to be ashamed of, however you do not need to be all in other peoples faces about your sexual orientation, it's something personal, that is why I find gay parades and such to be extremely stupid.

Amarantine
02-16-2010, 08:09 PM

Why something wrong? They are humans, two arms, two legs, they even have brain cells and (imagine that!) usually extraordinary smart...And don't forget-diamonds and gays are girls' best friends!;)

Fortis in Arduis
02-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Of course they can love women, and many do, I'm sure... what they can't feel for them is sexual attraction. Not much good in a marriage... and it will most likely just lead to bitter resentments and even hatred in the end...

Actually my mother's friend is 'gay' and married and it is an open secret, but his wife is happy and his children are great, and they have a nice house and have never had any marriage problems.

Perhaps they both have affairs. I do not know.

Yes, like lesbians are every man's fantasy... It is pretty radical of you to admit that. :cool:

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Perhaps we all need to get our facts right and stop being so politically correct for the fact that homosexuality is not a race or an ethnicity, it is a preference and a behaviour. You cannot choose your race, but you can choose your preference. This just shows that he preferred to return to the attraction of women because he so missed out on all the women therefore he decided that homosexuality was not right for him. Just like an alcoholoic eventually becomes teetotal because he realises how he has messed up his life. By the way, those who become gay were once straight and had sex with women, so there is no way that it is genetically determined. You might as well say the same about incests or polyamorists.

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 02:09 AM
Actually my mother's friend is 'gay' and married and it is an open secret, but his wife is happy and his children are great

Then he cannot be gay if he has a wife and has had sex with her which has led to offspring, so he must definitely be bisexual then.

Guapo
02-17-2010, 02:18 AM
He's just bi

Aemma
02-17-2010, 03:25 AM
Perhaps we all need to get our facts right and stop being so politically correct for the fact that homosexuality is not a race or an ethnicity, it is a preference and a behaviour. You cannot choose your race, but you can choose your preference. This just shows that he preferred to return to the attraction of women because he so missed out on all the women therefore he decided that homosexuality was not right for him. Just like an alcoholoic eventually becomes teetotal because he realises how he has messed up his life. By the way, those who become gay were once straight and had sex with women, so there is no way that it is genetically determined. You might as well say the same about incests or polyamorists.

Huh? How do you figure this exactly? :confused:

The Khagan
02-17-2010, 03:30 AM

lolNationalRetard.

He's just bi

Well, everyone's bi. Just matters to what extent.

Praam˛ius
02-17-2010, 06:22 AM
IMO everyone can become homosexual/bisexual if only he really want's it , if person stimulates hes mind body will respond , so gay ppl can stop stimulating their homosexuality by going celibate and start stimulating heterosexuality.

Fortis in Arduis
02-17-2010, 07:03 AM

Bollox.

Treffie
02-17-2010, 08:09 AM

Perhaps you need to get your facts right and realise that you haven't got a clue what you're talking about?

Bridie
02-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Actually my mother's friend is 'gay' and married and it is an open secret, but his wife is happy and his children are great, and they have a nice house and have never had any marriage problems.
Either that, or she is good at convincing everyone that she is happy... I think the latter is more likely.

Puddle of Mudd
02-17-2010, 10:46 AM

But is he?

Bridie
02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
^ The only way those two could be happy is if they had no sex drive at all and didn't need any great degree of emotional/spiritual intimacy in their relationship. Who knows? Perhaps they're robots. :p

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Huh? How do you figure this exactly? :confused:

Because gay people I have known and have learnt about once had girlfriends and even had sex with them.

lolNationalRetard.

Well, everyone's bi. Just matters to what extent.
No, not NationalRetard, just not politically correct nor believing in this stupid belief that you cannot choose it but you seriously can.

Perhaps you need to get your facts right and realise that you haven't got a clue what you're talking about?

Err, I think that I do know what I am talking about actually

Bollox.

No, not bollocks, common sense- it is about that people stop being politically correct and that is not a decent answer either

Loddfafner
02-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Because gay people I have known and have learnt about once had girlfriends and even had sex with them.

Maybe they were trying hard to be straight because that is what they were taught they should be, but had to think of really hot guys in order to accomplish the acts? Would that really make them straight?

The Khagan
02-17-2010, 01:52 PM
No, not NationalRetard, just not politically correct nor believing in this stupid belief that you cannot choose it but you seriously can.

So, you mean to tell me you've been tempted by the dark and carnal ways of the man meat before?

Gay guys can have sex with women, anyone can have sex with anything pretty much. It's social purely, they attempted the straight life because of SOCIAL circumstances. Doesn't necessarily mean they're straight for such an act.

Poltergeist
02-17-2010, 01:56 PM

You might be exaggerating a little bit, it's not so simple, but it's basically true that there are no proofs for the so-called homosexuality being genetically predetermined. But since people from this board are for the most part firm believers in genetic determinism, that teh genetics can be used to explain anything under the sun, no wonder that you have been attacked so much.

It is also one of today's fashionable beliefs, in gayness (whatever that means) being genetic. As is fashionable and widespread belief that being "gay" is a fixed quality, from cradle to grave.

Aemma
02-17-2010, 01:59 PM

No, human sexuality is a much more complex issue than saying "oh so-and-so has slept with so-and-so once so it makes him or her this." As Loddfafner mentioned, it is more the case that I know of as well that a gay man will have had sex with a woman because he felt compelled to follow the norm but in essence not being true to himself. In another instance, I also know one lesbian who has never ever had sex with a man. The mere thought of such she found quite repulsive.

You're erroneously simplifying a very complex issue I'm afraid.

antonio
02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Just a question: Why people from the same background strongly like or dislike different flavours or food-textures? It's also genetically determined? I totally dislike to eat snails -typical plate on Northeastern Spain- but I swear you I change my mind in weeks if my life or wealth or peace of mind of my relatives (or , why not, public image) dramatically depend on me eating snails. Are you seriously saying that gays feel as repugnant embracing, kissing, making love to a Greek goddess as me eating a fucking reptant snail? Sorry, but it's laughable. :D

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Maybe they were trying hard to be straight because that is what they were taught they should be, but had to think of really hot guys in order to accomplish the acts? Would that really make them straight?

No they were not trying to be straight, they had girlfriends and had sex with them, and they did so consensually.

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 05:02 PM
So, you mean to tell me you've been tempted by the dark and carnal ways of the man meat before?

Gay guys can have sex with women, anyone can have sex with anything pretty much. It's social purely, they attempted the straight life because of SOCIAL circumstances. Doesn't necessarily mean they're straight for such an act.

Of course, I have been tempted by lots of things which is something we all get but we just have the power to reject it and never tell anyone about our private thoughts because they are not the ones to prefer. I was probably tempted to the idea of kissing a cat (because we love cats, don't we?) but of course I could not do that because I am not a cat, but a human being and realise that that is not the best way at all.

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 05:05 PM

Well, then they are not exactly gay are they if they have sex with women? They must therefore be closetly straight or likewise bisexual. They attempted the straight life not just because social circumstances but of natural impulses as well which is part of the natural order to bring the two opposite genders together.

Aemma
02-17-2010, 05:09 PM
No they were not trying to be straight, they had girlfriends and had sex with them, and they did so consensually.

If that's not "trying to be straight" I don't know what is!

As for consensual sex, consenting to having sex doesn't mean anything in this case. People consent to different things in life for whatever reason; it doesn't mean that they are happy doing said thing. My dog has to poop a few times per day and I consented to being its human companion and take care and clean up after him. Doesn't mean I enjoy picking up his poop!

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 05:11 PM
You might be exaggerating a little bit, it's not so simple, but it's basically true that there are no proofs for the so-called homosexuality being genetically predetermined. But since people from this board are for the most part firm believers in genetic determinism, that teh genetics can be used to explain anything under the sun, no wonder that you have been attacked so much.

It is also one of today's fashionable beliefs, in gayness (whatever that means) being genetic. As is fashionable and widespread belief that being "gay" is a fixed quality, from cradle to grave.

Well, it is time that people stop believing in genetic determinism, genetics make up your physicality and provide every physical opportunity you can take but that does not mean that it is genetically determined. If I wish to murder someone, that has nothing to do with my genes, that is just because I got angry with someone. Not true, either, this is the liberal politically correct media which tries to point to us that homosexuality is genetic just because some research was done on the subject even though frankly no proof was made, so it is the gay power agenda being stupid.

You might as well excuse incest as genetic since siblings will have a very similar genetic code or for polyamory, since people tend to sleep with more than one person of which we call 'adultery' even though that that could argue that it is a generic term for 'closet polyamory'.

Praam˛ius
02-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Well, then they are not exactly gay are they if they have sex with women? They must therefore be closetly straight or likewise bisexual. They attempted the straight life not just because social circumstances but of natural impulses as well which is part of the natural order to bring the two opposite genders together.

Being gay is not only about having sex , it's more some kind relationship and love.Gay people are mostly gay not because they enjoy sex with other man , but because they like being in a relationship (family like) with another man and not women IMO

Liffrea
02-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Arngrim
anyone can have sex with anything pretty much.

I would stay away from pencil sharpners….ouch…..well I was told I had lead in my pencil:D:p

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 05:18 PM
No, human sexuality is a much more complex issue than saying "oh so-and-so has slept with so-and-so once so it makes him or her this." As Loddfafner mentioned, it is more the case that I know of as well that a gay man will have had sex with a woman because he felt compelled to follow the norm but in essence not being true to himself. In another instance, I also know one lesbian who has never ever had sex with a man. The mere thought of such she found quite repulsive.

No, sexuality is not so complex and it is not just based on preference of gender (i.e homosexuality, heterosexuality or bisexuality) but other bases like blood relation (i.e. incest or non-incest), quantity (i.e. monamory or polyamory) and species (i.e. zoophilia or anthropophilia). People become attracted to someone on the basis from which society benefits and with whom they find attractive; when gay men were having sex with women, they had it consensually, they were not forced at gun point, they did it because they enjoyed it and loved each other. Also, you might as well argue for the same reason why brother and sister do not have sex with each other and that is because society compells them from doing it as well, even though brother and sister could easily have sex with each other as they are from the same genetic blood relation.

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Being gay is not only about having sex , it's more some kind relationship and love.Gay people are mostly gay not because they enjoy sex with other man , but because they like being in a relationship (family like) with another man and not women IMO

Then again, you might as well argue that all male best friends are gay since they do not have sex with each other and look after each well.

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 05:24 PM
If that's not "trying to be straight" I don't know what is!

As for consensual sex, consenting to having sex doesn't mean anything in this case. People consent to different things in life for whatever reason; it doesn't mean that they are happy doing said thing. My dog has to poop a few times per day and I consented to being its human companion and take care and clean up after him. Doesn't mean I enjoy picking up his poop!

Consenting to sex does mean a lot in this case because it is built out of preferential choice and it is based on two people's wills to have sex together because they would like to enjoy it together. Yes, you consented to being its human companion which means that you chose to enjoy having a dog as a pet. Clearing its stools is perhaps not the best to enjoy with a dog, but that cannot be compared if two people have consensual sex with each other, because they simply enjoy it.

Aemma
02-17-2010, 05:33 PM
No, sexuality is not so complex and it is not just based on preference of gender (i.e homosexuality, heterosexuality or bisexuality) but other bases like blood relation (i.e. incest or non-incest), quantity (i.e. monamory or polyamory) and species (i.e. zoophilia or anthropophilia). People become attracted to someone on the basis from which society benefits and with whom they find attractive; when gay men were having sex with women, they had it consensually, they were not forced at gun point, they did it because they enjoyed it and loved each other. Also, you might as well argue for the same reason why brother and sister do not have sex with each other and that is because society compells them from doing it as well, even though brother and sister could easily have sex with each other as they are from the same genetic blood relation.

Hm I really don't know how to tell you this NC but people don't always have sex with another person because love is involved. For instance, I wouldn't call rape a very loving act but make no mistake, it is indeed quite sexual in nature. I could go on, but I'll spare us all right now....

Again as for the consensual nature of a gay man having had sex with a woman, re-read what I wrote about consensual sex.

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Hm I really don't know how to tell you this NC but people don't always have sex with another person because love is involved. For instance, I wouldn't call rape a very loving act but make no mistake, it is indeed quite sexual in nature. I could go on, but I'll spare us all right now....

Again as for the consensual nature of a gay man having had sex with a woman, re-read what I wrote about consensual sex.

Rape is unconsensual and it is not built on love but strife and domination. How do you know that love is not involved when having se, it may just be for fun but there may be some hidden love there since one of the two may want to be together, and as I have said, gay people once had girlfriends, they had sex with them and were in a relationship with them.

Aemma
02-17-2010, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=Aemma;172664]Hm I really don't know how to tell you this NC but people don't always have sex with another person because love is involved. For instance, I wouldn't call rape a very loving act but make no mistake, it is indeed quite sexual in nature. I could go on, but I'll spare us all right now....

Again as for the consensual nature of a gay man having had sex with a woman, re-read what I wrote about consensual sex.[/QUOTE

Rape is unconsensual and it is not built on love but strife and domination. How do you know that love is not involved when having se, it may just be for fun but there may be some hidden love there since one of the two may want to be together, and as I have said, gay people once had girlfriends, they had sex with them and were in a relationship with them.

:) I don't think I'm getting through. S'ok though. I think you need to re-read what I have written though. I didn't say that sex always occurs without love. That would be sheer nonsense. I was commenting on the given scenario however.

But people do have sex for reasons other than showing affection/love or for procreation. And I think I will leave it there. :)

The Khagan
02-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Of course, I have been tempted by lots of things which is something we all get but we just have the power to reject it and never tell anyone about our private thoughts because they are not the ones to prefer. I was probably tempted to the idea of kissing a cat (because we love cats, don't we?) but of course I could not do that because I am not a cat, but a human being and realise that that is not the best way at all.

LOL. Silly catfucker.

No, I hate cats, all they do is eat your food then fuck off and whore themselves around the neighborhood.

Human sexuality is a continuum, and we all fall somewhere individually on the spectrum. Which means, we're all to some degrees bisexual in that respect. That being said, anyone can have sex with either gender, regardless of how much they DESIRE to. A lot of male pornstars who star in gay pornos are in fact straight, but will have sex with other men for the money. It's not that they DESIRE to have sex with the other men, money is the object, not the sex itself.

And no, sexuality is not comparable to how much you dislike or like eating snails.

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=NationalConservative;172668]

:) I don't think I'm getting through. S'ok though. I think you need to re-read what I have written though. I didn't say that sex always occurs without love. That would be sheer nonsense. I was commenting on the given scenario however.

But people do have sex for reasons other than showing affection/love or for procreation. And I think I will leave it there. :)

I think that I have read it well enough and that is, you are saying that sex between a gay man and a woman does not mean that he is straight, when in fact he has sex with her because he enjoys with her and he is attracted to her as well, so hardly proves that homosexuality is genetically determined.

Loddfafner
02-17-2010, 06:04 PM
I think those who insist that sexual orientation is a choice are bisexuals who assume everybody else is bi as well. Sexuality is not, however, as fixed and stable as some gay activists insist, though shifts in orientation in males are much, much rarer than in females.

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 06:04 PM
LOL. Silly catfucker.

Human sexuality is a continuum, and we all fall somewhere individually on the spectrum. Which means, we're all to some degrees bisexual in that respect. That being said, anyone can have sex with either gender, regardless of how much they DESIRE to. A lot of male pornstars who star in gay pornos are in fact straight, but will have sex with other men for the money. It's not that they DESIRE to have sex with the other men, money is the object, not the sex itself.

And no, sexuality is not comparable to how much you dislike or like eating snails.

No, I am not a little cat f***er, I am saying that you can easily be attracted to something or someone but choose not to because you know/ think that it is not the right way. If people have as much sex with anyone they want regardless of their gender, then it makes it pointless to argue that they are homosexual or heterosexual but pretty much more bisexual.

Aemma
02-17-2010, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=Aemma;172676]

I think that I have read it well enough and that is, you are saying that sex between a gay man and a woman does not mean that he is straight, when in fact he has sex with her because he enjoys with her and he is attracted to her as well, so hardly proves that homosexuality is genetically determined.

No too many variables in this statement of yours and you have totally missed my point(s).

Stick a fork into me cuz I'm really done now. :thumb001:

Read Arngrim's stuff. He puts my own explanations to shame since his are bang on.

The Khagan
02-17-2010, 06:10 PM
No, I am not a little cat f***er, I am saying that you can easily be attracted to something or someone but choose not to because you know/ think that it is not the right way. If people have as much sex with anyone they want regardless of their gender, then it makes it pointless to argue that they are homosexual or heterosexual but pretty much more bisexual.

Heterosexual and homosexual are relatively recent terms. It's a sloppy way of categorizing human sexuality, but it is simple and does a relatively good job. Seeing as most people are either exclusively hetero or exclusively homo. Human sexuality is also extremely influenced by socio-cultural norms of a given place and time. Take a trip back to antiquity and you're knee deep in boy-love. It was a sexuality based more or less on ideology, at least most of it, save for Socrates.

Also, you shouldn't try to contain your cat love, live as you want to man, I'll still accept you. I don't judge, by all means if you wanna fuck cats and poop in a box full of sand, go for it man, life is too short to deny oneself.

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Heterosexual and homosexual are relatively recent terms. It's a sloppy way of categorizing human sexuality, but it is simple and does a relatively good job. Seeing as most people are either exclusively hetero or exclusively homo. Human sexuality is also extremely influenced by socio-cultural norms of a given place and time. Take a trip back to antiquity and you're knee deep in boy-love. It was a sexuality based more or less on ideology, at least most of it, save for Socrates.

Also, you shouldn't try to contain your cat love, live as you want to man, I'll still accept you. I don't judge, by all means if you wanna fuck cats and poop in a box full of sand, go for it man, life is too short to deny oneself.

Then in that case, sexuality is simply chosen as you have mentioned that it is influenced by socio-cultural norms which therefore implies that is based on nurture, not nature and it also assumes that homosexuality and heterosexuality are not fixed as are monamory or polyamory. No, gay sex was not supported in Ancient Greece with the like of Socrates, 'love' as in 'eros' meant 'love of truth'. The idea of having one's arse penetrated was described by Plato as 'para physin'='unnatural' and Aristotle described it as a man effeminising oneself as the man was seen as dominant whereas the woman is undominant.

The Ripper
02-17-2010, 06:34 PM
What is more important, I think, is to see that the gay lobbies have nothing to do with what is "natural". They are interest organizations motivated by hate towards traditional European culture and funded by anti-national cultural marxists.

The Lawspeaker
02-17-2010, 07:05 PM
I agree with the notion that homosexuality is a preference and a behavior but people that have it cannot be cured (consider it to be a mental illness). But I think that that man that "stopped being gay" merely wants to get kids the "legal way".

Homosexuality has always been there.. in one form or the other. But I believe that modern homosexuality is indeed being actively supported by the same cultural Marxist agenda that seeks to undermine and destroy European society.

The Khagan
02-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Then in that case, sexuality is simply chosen as you have mentioned that it is influenced by socio-cultural norms which therefore implies that is based on nurture, not nature and it also assumes that homosexuality and heterosexuality are not fixed as are monamory or polyamory. No, gay sex was not supported in Ancient Greece with the like of Socrates, 'love' as in 'eros' meant 'love of truth'. The idea of having one's arse penetrated was described by Plato as 'para physin'='unnatural' and Aristotle described it as a man effeminising oneself as the man was seen as dominant whereas the woman is undominant.

Opinions contrasted back then as to what was acceptable, similar as they do today. Although, homosexuality was indeed more or less accepted.

Your ignorance is mind boggling. Ones sexuality does not change, ones sexuality is not mutable. Have fun lobbying with the LBGT crew about how malleable sexuality is. I'm done.

EDIT: also, no just because it is influenced by socio-cultural norms does not determine sexuality as a whole, rather it decides which facets of your sexuality are put on display. That's backwards logic on your part.

Your sexuality is fixed, socio-cultural norms are a filter.

NationalConservative
02-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Opinions contrasted back then as to what was acceptable, similar as they do today. Although, homosexuality was indeed more or less accepted.

Your ignorance is mind boggling. Ones sexuality does not change, ones sexuality is not mutable. Have fun lobbying with the LBGT crew about how malleable sexuality is. I'm done.

EDIT: also, no just because it is influenced by socio-cultural norms does not determine sexuality as a whole, rather it decides which facets of your sexuality are put on display. That's backwards logic on your part.

Your sexuality is fixed, socio-cultural norms are a filter.

Yes, you can change your sexual preference, it changes the way you wish to interact with other human beings and that is maninly influenced by society's norms. No, it is not backwards logic to say that sexuality is determined by society because it is a behaviour just like alcoholism is and in fact, amongst cultural groups like Orthodox Jews, homosexuality, incest or polyamory does not exist amongst them.

Loddfafner
02-17-2010, 08:48 PM
I believe that modern homosexuality is indeed being actively supported by the same cultural Marxist agenda that seeks to undermine and destroy European society.

Leave 'cultural Marxists' out of it. Most of the Frankfurt school was actively homophobic (esp. Adorno and Reich). Marcuse was the exception: he did claim that homosexuality had revolutionary potential and could undermine capitalism. A few gay hippies in the late 60s followed his argument and only got laughed out of the gay bars. What is sustaining the visibility of gay culture now is not any kind of Marxism but that it has become a viable marketing niche, a very capitalist tendency.

Anthropos
02-17-2010, 09:18 PM
I think those who insist that sexual orientation is a choice are bisexuals who assume everybody else is bi as well. Sexuality is not, however, as fixed and stable as some gay activists insist, though shifts in orientation in males are much, much rarer than in females.

I think you are assuming without reason that all people are sexuals.

Amarantine
02-18-2010, 06:57 AM
I think you are assuming without reason that all people are sexuals.

Are you unsexual?:coffee:

probably I am wrong but for me homosexuality in modern time is overrated subject, it is just sexual orientation-nothing more and nothing less...in antic times people didn't spend their time on "explanation", "understanding" , "special approach" etc of some obvious things...

Anthropos
02-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Sex in itself is a priority these days to the point that people are carriers of entire philosophies of sex, without even being aware of it, and this is a novel phenomenon. 'Sexual orientation' is something that goes along with that.

Amarantine
02-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Sex in itself is a priority these days to the point that people are carriers of entire philosophies of sex, without even being aware of it, and this is a novel phenomenon. 'Sexual orientation' is something that goes along with that.

Agreed, ... ...