PDA

View Full Version : Origin and Spread of Y-DNA haplogroup J2a

Black Wolf
04-30-2014, 11:32 PM
I am quite interested in the origin and spread of haplogroup J2a. Most believe that J2a originated in either the Levant or northern Mesopotamia and was part of the first human groups to domesticate plants and animals in this region. From these areas of the Near East J2a then began migrating to other lands initially in search of more fertile lands to farm. Obviously later migrations during the Copper and Bronze ages right up until the Middle Ages probably also helped spread J2a into Europe and parts of North Africa and Central Asia. I have a feeling that many of the the early J2a men mainly were speakers of languages that are today related to languages in the Caucasus such as Ingush and Cnechen (Nakh). There is also a good chance then I think that the originators of the Sumerian and other ancient Near Eastern civilizations may have initially been dominated by haplogroup J2a. One thing that is interesting and important to point out I think is that so far the dominant Y-DNA haplogroup of the early Neolithic farmers in Europe has turned out to be haplogroup G. No J2a has been found at all so far. I think this may point to J2a being a rather late entrant into continental Europe from the Near East. On the other hand maybe some J2a was present in the Mediterranean areas of Europe since Neolithic times. Here is a link with some good background information on haplogroup J2a.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_J-M172

Prisoner Of Ice
04-30-2014, 11:42 PM
I am quite interested in the origin and spread of haplogroup J2a. Most believe that J2a originated in either the Levant or northern Mesopotamia and was part of the first human groups to domesticate plants and animals in this region. From these areas of the Near East J2a then began migrating to other lands initially in search of more fertile lands to farm. Obviously later migrations during the Copper and Bronze ages right up until the Middle Ages probably also helped spread J2a into Europe and parts of North Africa and Central Asia. I have a feeling that many of the the early J2a men mainly were speakers of languages that are today related to languages in the Caucasus such as Ingush and Cnechen (Nakh). There is also a good chance then I think that the originators of the Sumerian and other ancient Near Eastern civilizations may have initially been dominated by haplogroup J2a. One thing that is interesting and important to point out I think is that so far the dominant Y-DNA haplogroup of the early Neolithic farmers in Europe has turned out to be haplogroup G. No J2a has been found at all so far. I think this may point to J2a being a rather late entrant into continental Europe from the Near East. On the other hand maybe some J2a was present in the Mediterranean areas of Europe since Neolithic times. Here is a link with some good background information on haplogroup J2a.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_J-M172

Megalithic farmers were the earliest farmers and their only dna to date is I2a.

I think I2a didn't come from anywhere, it's simply native to europe and has always centered in balkans.

J2 and J and E1B and N and C are all through europe in low levels. Probably they have "always" been there as well, not spread by any particular civilization like we think of it today. Even city states did not really exist until 9k years ago, before that once a own got too many people or a bad weather spell some or all of the people just packed up and moved somewhere better. But mostly I figure they were pastoralists and that's when they started to show up. The N and C are even thinner on the ground and probably are various HG tribes that made it far from their original territories, which still make up a tiny percentage of modern people in europe.