PDA

View Full Version : Oblivon's NEW MYORIGIN results from ftdna

oblivion
05-06-2014, 11:07 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/1zptnuv.png

I am confused about the 13% Jewish especially since it is Ashkenazi. Also my high percentage of caucasus/anatolian as well as how I plot closer to Jordan than Egypt. It would be nice to compare to other Copts or Egyptians.

oblivion
05-07-2014, 02:59 AM
Bump

MINARDOWICZ
05-07-2014, 03:06 AM
What is your exact background? Egyptian?

Iroczor
05-07-2014, 03:12 AM
does it match your pheno?

StonyArabia
05-07-2014, 03:23 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/1zptnuv.png

I am confused about the 13% Jewish especially since it is Ashkenazi. Also my high percentage of caucasus/anatolian as well as how I plot closer to Jordan than Egypt. It would be nice to compare to other Copts or Egyptians.

The Jewish is just the ME admixture that's found in the Ashkenazim. I heard this program had some criticism met, so it's not set in stone. You might plot closer to Jordan is because you have Ghassanid lineage, so it's mostly like what is pushing you there. As for the Caucasus/Anatolian this could be just Levantine from what I know they used the Mandeans as reference for it which is clearly wrong in this case.

oblivion
05-07-2014, 04:23 AM
What is your exact background? Egyptian?

Yes.

oblivion
05-07-2014, 04:23 AM
does it match your pheno?

Not really. I dont look anatolian. I look egyptian.

oblivion
05-07-2014, 04:25 AM
The Jewish is just the ME admixture that's found in the Ashkenazim. I heard this program had some criticism met, so it's not set in stone. You might plot closer to Jordan is because you have Ghassanid lineage, so it's mostly like what is pushing you there. As for the Caucasus/Anatolian this could be just Levantine from what I know they used the Mandeans as reference for it which is clearly wrong in this case.yes the pull to jordan is most likely my ghassanid lineage. I dont get the anatolian part at all. I wonder if other egyptians have similar results. In my ftdna results before it had me at 40% south bedouin but dont see how that is reflected here. Also i scored 50% levantine and the rest european and african.

StonyArabia
05-07-2014, 04:32 AM
yes the pull to jordan is most likely my ghassanid lineage. I dont get the anatolian part at all. I wonder if other egyptians have similar results. In my ftdna results before it had me at 40% south bedouin but dont see how that is reflected here. Also i scored 50% levantine and the rest european and african.

South Bedouin= Yemenites, well North Bedouins=Saudis(non-mixed), Ethnic Jordanians. So if you are partially Ghassanid this would prefect sense, as well with the Levantine component is a prefect for fit for your ancestry. The European and African might be just affinity rather than admixtures, but the first time result seem more accurate the later results. Though your pull and plot is due to your South Bedouin ie Ghassanid admix which has pushed you into Jordan, as well you have Levantine admix which might give you an Anatolian affinity but there is no way you are mostly Anatolian at all.

oblivion
05-07-2014, 04:36 AM
South Bedouin= Yemenites, well North Bedouins=Saudis(non-mixed), Ethnic Jordanians. So if you are partially Ghassanid this would prefect sense, as well with the Levantine component is a prefect for fit for your ancestry. The European and African might be just affinity rather than admixtures, but the first time result seem more accurate the later results. Though your pull and plot is due to your South Bedouin ie Ghassanid admix which has pushed you into Jordan, as well you have Levantine admix which might give you an Anatolian affinity but there is no way you are mostly Anatolian at all. I agree. It wouldnt make sense at all even based on gedmatch results I always plot closest to palestinians, bedouins and yemenis so the anatolian is probably levantine. Here is my question. If I did not have ghassanid ancestry and had a more typical egyptian dna ancestry, what would my origins then look like?

StonyArabia
05-07-2014, 04:44 AM
I agree. It wouldnt make sense at all even based on gedmatch results I always plot closest to palestinians, bedouins and yemenis so the anatolian is probably levantine. Here is my question. If I did not have ghassanid ancestry and had a more typical egyptian dna ancestry, what would my origins then look like?

I have no doubt the Anatolian in this case is Levantine really rather than true genuine. This makes prefect sense due to your given ancestry. If you did not have the Ghassanid element you will cluster more so with North African populations, but still be distinct from them, but the affinity would be more westward rather than eastwards. This from what I have seen from other Egyptians who don't have any Arabian ancestry, they seem to be a North African population, whose genetic similarity seems more similar to other North Africans. In general Egyptians form their own cluster though. Egyptians who are shifted more toward Arabia and the Levant often would have Arabian ancestry usually from the Ghassanids or from Sinai Bedouins like the Howetiat.

oblivion
05-07-2014, 04:47 AM
I have no doubt the Anatolian in this case is Levantine really rather than true genuine. This makes prefect sense due to your given ancestry. If you did not have the Ghassanid element you will cluster more so with North African populations, but still be distinct from them, but the affinity would be more westward rather than eastwards. This from what I have seen from other Egyptians who don't have any Arabian ancestry, they seem to be a North African population, whose genetic similarity seems more similar to other North Africans. In general Egyptians form their own cluster though. Egyptians who are shifted more toward Arabia and the Levant often would have Arabian ancestry usually from the Ghassanids or from Sinai Bedouins like the Howetiat.
Gotcha. Well I am proud either way! They didnt seem to do middle easterners any justice with this new myorigin thing though.

StonyArabia
05-07-2014, 04:50 AM
Gotcha. Well I am proud either way! They didnt seem to do middle easterners any justice with this new myorigin thing though.

Yes it does not sadly. I was looking forward for it myself, but it seems your result are kinda off to be honest, but this makes sense if they did use Mandeans and Levantines as part of the Anatolian reference this makes it an accurate. They should have used Anatolian Turks, Armenians, and the latter are one of the best proxies for Anatolian actually. Though the first time the results do seem to match your ancestry however.

oblivion
05-07-2014, 04:53 AM
Yes it does not sadly. I was looking forward for it myself, but it seems your result are kinda off to be honest, but this makes sense if they did use Mandeans and Levantines as part of the Anatolian reference this makes it an accurate. They should have used Anatolian Turks, Armenians, and the latter are one of the best proxies for Anatolian actually. Though the first time the results do seem to match your ancestry however.

Yes it did. Its just silly though, why dont they use better reference populations or use more of them? Also, I had no matches showing. Is that because my match must have purchased the family finder test?

StonyArabia
05-07-2014, 05:05 AM
Yes it did. Its just silly though, why dont they use better reference populations or use more of them? Also, I had no matches showing. Is that because my match must have purchased the family finder test?

I have no idea why that is the case, but the references should represent the region more accurately. They need more reference population from the Middle East and take each region diversity into account. It probably most likely the result lol, after all they want also more money lol but they should make it accurate.