PDA

View Full Version : History Channel: A Life After People

The Lawspeaker
01-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Imaginative account of a life after people.

Phil75231
01-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Fascinating, but grim show. 10,000, or even 1,000 years later, almost all traces of human civilization will be hidden from any but (were they to exist) archaeologists. Goes to show that no matter how powerful humans become, nature always finds a way to overwhelm us.

Piparskeggr
01-23-2010, 02:33 PM
"History shows again and again, how nature points out the folly of man..."

- Blue Öyster Cult, from the song "Godzilla"

A fascinating look at the topic, having witnessed some of what they show as the factories, which once drove the economy of my home region, closed and have worn away without any upkeep.

Eldritch
01-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Alan Weisman's The World without Us sure is a good read.

Daos
01-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Life After People: The Series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_After_People:_The_Series) is a documentary television series that began premiering on April 21, 2009 on the History Channel. The program is a spin-off of the documentary film Life After People. The series features material not previously mentioned in the original documentary film.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the episodes in streamable video, however I'm sure those of you that are interested could find a way (http://thepiratebay.org/search/Life%20after%20people/0/99/0) to get their hands on them...;)

Sigrid
01-28-2010, 08:15 PM
I've seen this show on television. It's really fascinating how they go about showing how certain aspects of structures on Earth will be damaged or destroyed, and what will happen to vegetation and wildlife. One fascinating aspect was how an aquarium in New Orleans, Louisiana would be affected if no one was able to take care of it. It mentioned how, during Hurricane Katrina, its fish and other sea animals were killed off in just one week span, but that a certain type of animal lived through it all. I really enjoy the show.