PDA

View Full Version : The Polish didn't go home afterall.

Beorn
01-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Claims that half of Polish migrants in the UK are heading home are untrue, according to a leading expert from Poland.

A recent report claimed that around 700,000 of the estimated 1.5million eastern European migrants who have come to the UK since 2004 are still here.
And a report by the Institute for Public Policy Research in 2008 claimed that more than half of the Polish migrants who had arrived in the UK havesince returned home.
But an expert on Polish migration today claimed that there was no sign of them coming back to Poland.

Prof Krystyna Iglicka, of the Centre for International Affairs in Warsaw, told the BBC: 'From our side this is not true. We do not see them here. We do not see them in any other different countries."
She estimated that around a million Poles still live in the UK, including workers students and dependents.
Polish workers send around £4billion -a-year back to their families in Poland and this figure fell by around 20 per cent in 2009.

But Prof Iglicka said this sudden fall in the amount being sent back to Poland was due to the tougher economic climate rather than fewer workers in the UK.
She claimed that Polish workers are having to spend their money to survive rather than sending it back to parents and family because the recession.
The Polish Central Statistical Office produces its own estimates of Poles working abroad.

These official statistics show that the number of Poles working abroad only fell slightly in 2008, contradicting British figures.
Professor Iglicka said that only 22,000 Poles came home and registered at their local labour office in 2008.

All workers would have to do this to claim benefits in Poland or transfer benefits from abroad.
And while figures for 2009 are not yet available, Professor Iglicka said that an influx of Poles returning home would have affected the unemployment figures in Poland - which have remained stable
Dr Pawel Kaczmarczyk of the Centre for Migration at Warsaw University helped the Polish government set up a website designed to encourage Polish workers to come home.

He told the BBC that claims that half of Polish workers had already returned home were inaccurate.

Source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1245251/Claims-half-Polish-immigrants-returning-home-true.html)

So what other foreign people have we been told non-factual statistics and outright bloody lies about?

hereward
01-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Dont bother with the governments stats, they can give you so many different versions. Immigration is split so many ways, work permits, student visa's, illegals, euro-non euro. On top of that they use the misleading NET MIGRATION figure in most reports. Eyes in your head and the abillity for self reasoning is if far more useful in understanding the general deterioration than anything that the hate filled lot dish out as information

nisse
01-26-2010, 02:59 AM
So what other foreign people have we been told non-factual statistics and outright bloody lies about?

I won't hazard a guess, you guys have waaay too many foreign people around...could be anyone - jamaicans, indians, pakis, chinese...probably ukrainians even :ohwell:...am I close on any of them? :D

Imo, it'd be silly to believe in any mass exodus as long as living conditions in UK are better than in Poland...Solution: make Poland better before UK turns into Poland :D...:(

Jäger
01-26-2010, 09:29 AM
I know from my parents that it was considered a Neo-Nazi stance to say that our Turkish "guest" workers will never leave. Now everyone says that, as if it was always apparent and the usual thing. :D
No one will leave, most likely not even Jarl, that's the way of the parasite, no matter whether he "wants" to or not.

Jarl
01-26-2010, 11:02 AM
I can assure you that for every Polish "parastie" in a British uni, there are approx 5-10 German parasties ;)

Nationalitist
01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
It shouldn't matter since Poles belong to teh genetic Europe, just like the English (and other Britons). Unlike Pakis, Jamaicans etc.

Jarl
01-26-2010, 11:06 AM
It shouldn't matter since Poles belong to teh genetic Europe, just like the English (and other Britons). Unlike Pakis, Jamaicans etc.

Ja! We're teh genetic Zeuropeans!

Eldritch
01-26-2010, 11:21 AM

My random guess would be all of them.