PDA

View Full Version : Your IQ.

Cail
01-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Show off how smart you are :p!

Various tests seem not to be very coherent, for example look at these -
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6933/123s.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6714/234qr.jpg

I never got less than 130 and more than 145 though (took plenty of them), usually within 135-140 range.

A table of IQ-percents convertion (how many people are dumber than you :D) - http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/GREIQ.aspx. Also includes a convertion scheme for IQ tests with different deviation basis.

www.iqtest.dk

Grumpy Cat
01-24-2010, 12:02 AM
I am drunk I don't think I should take this test right now.

Beorn
01-24-2010, 12:02 AM
I average from 109 to 120. I haven't gone for a Mensa test, but would like to to find out my exact IQ number although I know I haven't a chance of making it to Mensa standard.

Cail
01-24-2010, 12:05 AM
I average from 109 to 120. I haven't gone for a Mensa test, but would like to to find out my exact IQ number although I know I haven't a chance of making it to Mensa standard.

Well, you can try at that site (iqtest.dk), it's Mensa test simulation.

Grumpy Cat
01-24-2010, 12:12 AM
When I had my IQ tested in high school I scored 129.

Svanhild
01-24-2010, 12:19 AM
At the very least I'm smart enough to know that online IQ tests are wasted lifetime. ;) I'm sure I'm not exceedingly bright or remarkable dumb thus I feel fine as an average individual. In an other board, people were comparing their online IQ results: Out of almost 30 people no one was below 125. Either there're only brainiacs writing in internet boards or the results are implausibly. Apart from the fact that no one would post his low test result.

Let's see how many little Einsteins are on this board.

Falkata
01-24-2010, 12:28 AM
At the very least I'm smart enough to know that online IQ tests are wasted lifetime. ;) I'm sure I'm not exceedingly bright or remarkable dumb thus I feel fine as an average individual. In an other board, people were comparing their online IQ results: Out of almost 30 people no one was below 125. Either there're only brainiacs writing in internet boards or the results are implausibly. Apart from the fact that no one would post his low test result.

Let's see how many little Einsteins are on this board.

You´ve just read my mind german girl

http://www.seattlechoralcompany.org/Images/applause.jpg

Pallantides
01-24-2010, 12:30 AM
I usually score from 103-115.

Grey
01-24-2010, 12:57 AM
It's not meant to change over time, but I got 135 in Middle School, and now score 140-145 consistently. Not amazingly high, but it's fine for me.

I honestly don't put too much stock in IQ tests though, because I've known people to score 155+ who were obviously much less intelligent than me, and less intelligent than most on this forum who claim to have IQ's in the 110-130 range.

Psychonaut
01-24-2010, 01:08 AM
I've taken IQ tests as entrance requirements to certain school programs, but have never shared the results with those outside of the program.

anonymaus
01-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Most people are closer in intelligence to an ape than to me, and they'll have happier lives because of it.

Lars
01-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Most people are closer in intelligence to an ape than to me, and they'll have happier lives because of it.

Yeah, the dumb get all the breaks.

Beorn
01-24-2010, 01:13 AM
I've taken IQ tests as entrance requirements to certain school programs, but have never shared the results with those outside of the program.

Why the hell not?

Okay, aside from the fact that having an IQ below 250 means you're Gay, what's to stop you? :swl

Groenewolf
01-24-2010, 03:37 AM
I am a member of mensa. So I score above a certain percentile. Which of course is the only good way to compare scores, because different tests use different scoring-scales :coffee: .

The Khagan
01-24-2010, 03:49 AM
Haha said fuck it to the last few questions and a few before that, still got 107 though. For doing this pretty half assedly with 22 minutes to spare I say I did pretty well.

Way too tired to care. I'll probably take something like this again when I actually feel like sitting down and concentrating, but I wouldn't put too much stock into this, one because I don't put stock in IQ tests in general and two because it's a free online one.

EDIT: paid attention slightly more, got a 120

Fintorah
01-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Took an IQ test couple years ago when I was 14 and scored 140. My sister scored slightly higher. My dad's a very liberal Sociologist at a high profile college and has an IQ of 138. Doesn't surprise me it look a few more points to realize the profession is bullshit :).
The test itself is bullshit, but holds some truth when you look at the below average scores. Anyone with an IQ under 100 barely qualifies as the same species IMO.

Guapo
01-24-2010, 05:24 AM
I wish I was special / You're so fucking special / But I'm a creep / I'm a weirdo / What the hell am I doing here? / I don't belong here ...

Pallantides
01-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Haha said fuck it to the last few questions and a few before that, still got 107 though. For doing this pretty half assedly with 22 minutes to spare I say I did pretty well.

I scored the same, I have concentration problems and it usually affects my results a bit, the highest I have ever scored is 125, but on avarage I score 103-115 on these type of tests.

Jarl
01-24-2010, 12:28 PM
1500100900!!! Wooohooo!!!

December
01-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Online IQ tests are completely faulty, as you must have someone to control questions, time, certain answers, and you have to do things with your hands.

These online tests will give almost everyone scores around 130. I've tried to tamper them many times and it's always the same thing. The point of them is for you to feel awesome and mail them to other people, in order to feed advertising.

The most reliable IQ test is probably the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale. It has been developed since the 50's based on the Wechsler-Bellevue tests and it is one serious thing used worldwide.

I did version III in 2007 and it took me a full afternoon to accomplish. Version IV is out there already. The complete kit is something to cost 1000€ but it's a must have for a good psychologist. Make an appointment with one and go through it. You'll have a reliable evaluation which assesses your fundamental vectors of intelligence and compares it to millions of samples made throughtout decades.

Treffie
01-24-2010, 01:53 PM
1500100900!!! Wooohooo!!!

I had -6, beat that :p

December
01-24-2010, 01:57 PM
In an other board, people were comparing their online IQ results: Out of almost 30 people no one was below 125. Either there're only brainiacs writing in internet boards or the results are implausibly.As I said, online IQ tests are completely bogus :)

It's not meant to change over time, but I got 135 in Middle School, and now score 140-145 consistently.It changes. IQ tends to lessen above a certain age. You can also train and improve it. It's dynamic although some people have what is called in psychology "crystalized intelligence"... something which has more to do with personality and resistance to change and adapt.

Haha said fuck it to the last few questions and a few before that, still got 107 though. For doing this pretty half assedly with 22 minutes to spare I say I did pretty well.Some of the tests in the WAIS battery take pretty much more than 22 minutes. ;)

To complete the all WAIS, most of the times you'll have to make it in 2 or 3 days, a couple of hours each. And you shouldn't repeat it in 6 to 18 months, because you'll memorize some patterns.

Ariets
01-24-2010, 01:58 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/murzynzglowa/testIQ.jpg

Falkata
01-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Considering that the standard IQ is around 90 and that everybody in the internet is over 120... I suppose there´s a big bunch of retardeds hidden somewhere? :blink:

Pallantides
01-24-2010, 02:23 PM
The avarage IQ for a Norwegian is 100 according to 'IQ and Global Inequality' .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_and_Global_Inequality

December
01-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Considering that the standard IQ is around 90 and that everybody in the internet is over 120... I suppose there´s a big bunch of retardeds hidden somewhere? :blink:
Nope, population' standard IQ is precisely 100, that's why the extremum of this bell's curve is precisely where X=100 :)

The avarage IQ for a Norwegian is 100 according to 'IQ and Global Inequality' .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_and_Global_Inequality

That is what is supposed to be normal. Also IQ tests must be done in the local language and compared to the local 100.

Ariets
01-24-2010, 02:34 PM
The others say that they are above the average, but why they dont post their result huh ? :D

Ariets
01-24-2010, 02:40 PM
btw.

IQs in various countries

Country City Mean IQ Holland Amsterdam
Germany Hamburg
Poland Warsaw
Sweden Stockholm
Yugoslavia Zagreb
Italy Rome
Austria Vienna
Switzerland Zurich
Portugal Lisbon
Great Britain London
Norway Oslo
Denmark Copenhagen
Hungary Budapest
Czechoslovakia Bratislava
Spain Madrid
Belgium Brussels
Greece Athens
Ireland Dublin
Finland Helsinki
Bulgaria Sofia
France Paris
From V. Buj, Person. & Individ. Diff., Vol. 2, pp. 168 to 169, 1981
Subjects >16 yrs. old tested on the Cattell Culture Fair Test 3 (16 SD), standardized in the USA (IQ=100).

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/Images/Image2.gif

December
01-24-2010, 02:47 PM
^ The referential 100 in these multi-national assessments is the arithmetic mean of the entire population studied (all results from all countries summed).

But man... the disparity from Hamburg to Paris... :confused:

Loki
01-24-2010, 02:50 PM
But man... the disparity from Hamburg to Paris... :confused:

It must be that Paris's mean IQ figure is dragged down by a substantial non-European demographic. Same with London. I suspect London would be almost at the top, if not on top, if IQ figures of inhabitants from Africa and the Indian subcontinent were disregarded.

Octothorpe
01-24-2010, 03:51 PM
December is completely correct. Among us psychology types, we determine the usefulness of any test by looking at the validity and the reliability--in other words, does the test actually test what it says it does, and can the results be replicated in different settings with similar results?

No online test passes the validity/reliability test. I concur with December that the Weschler tests are very good, but I also recommend the Stanford-Binet test or the Terman test. Both very good, particularly if administered correctly.

So, if you're truly curious, hop on over to your local college or university and check in at the Psych department. For a fee, they'll administer an IQ test. They frequently do so in order to train grad students in test administration (a needed skill).

Liffrea
01-24-2010, 04:10 PM
I’ve had two test done in my time, one at school where I scored 126 another when I was undergoing treatment for OCD where I scored 146. Apparently OCD sufferers generally do have high IQ scores, both my brother and nephew have/had OCD and scored high. My father also passed the Mensa exam.

Personally I don’t set much store by IQ tests.

Germanicus
01-24-2010, 04:39 PM
I am drunk I don't think I should take this test right now.

I also cannot take the test right now, there is an FA cup match on TV i am half watching...:)

MarcvSS
01-24-2010, 04:40 PM

Jarl
01-24-2010, 05:52 PM
I had -6, beat that :p

Damn! You've put a square where there should be a circle??? You stupido!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/murzynzglowa/testIQ.jpg

LOL! What?! "Murzyn z glowa"??? Well. That's about it for that test...

Arne
01-24-2010, 05:55 PM
The Average IQ Result in Germany is around 102.

Fortis in Arduis
01-25-2010, 03:41 AM
When tested at 11 years old:

Verbal IQ 153

+

Non-Verbal IQ 104

= 128

Fintorah
01-25-2010, 06:05 AM
The Average IQ Result in Germany is around 102.

Average IQ in Sweden is over 108 (according to some European league of IQ scores). Wonder if the advantage lies in Nordicism :).

Pallantides
01-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Average IQ in Sweden is over 108 (according to some European league of IQ scores). Wonder if the advantage lies in Nordicism :).

I think the avarage IQ for a Sami is in the 80's range though. :p *jk*

Rachel
01-25-2010, 12:07 PM
While i think i should take an IQ test just to see what it is, i am also awear that it may not be the answer i want and because i feel i am plenty smart ill just wait till after i have my masters to check it.

Treffie
01-25-2010, 12:25 PM
I’ve had two test done in my time, one at school where I scored 126 another when I was undergoing treatment for OCD where I scored 146. Apparently OCD sufferers generally do have high IQ scores, both my brother and nephew have/had OCD and scored high. My father also passed the Mensa exam.

Personally I don’t set much store by IQ tests.

Same here. Eg, people with dyslexia are going to score poorly in IQ tests - doesn't mean that they lack intelligence.

SuuT
01-25-2010, 02:27 PM
IQ tests certainly are not the be-all-end-all of all possible intelligences (I should think that coupling IQ with creative capacity and emotional intelligence nicely round-out any and all possibilities).

However, most people who rail against IQ testing as a reliable means of measure - relative to what it measures - usually just suck at Mathematics or suffer some pathology that makes the test more difficult for them.:D

:coffee:

nisse
01-26-2010, 03:06 AM
I usually get the typical Internet score on these things, but they are obviously fake "feel-good" tests...like "Who's your A-list lover?" and "What Greek God/Goddess are you?" tests :D

I'm not against feeling good, so I've done quite a few ;). One thing I've noticed is that many are so tedious and boring I feel it takes half my consciousness just to keep awake. I sort of wonder is the real tests are the same :ohwell:

Phil75231
01-26-2010, 04:17 AM
Oceans of cyber-ink have been spilled on the Internet about IQ and its relevance, which anyone can read about from both sides of the argument. So I'll just say that the skills IQ measures is only one slice of relevant intelligence at best; biased in favor of education attainment at worst.

Having said that, I was formally tested twice, with my higher score on the most comprehensive test being 117, the lower one being 112. Even then, there were a fair bit of variation among the subfactors. Still, I did score pretty low on the short-term memory part and on the (basically) "rapid adaption to a different set of rules" part (both around the upper 80s). High scores come from what is basically "book knowledge", the upper 120s IIRC. The rest, I scored mostly in the low to mid 110s.

Guapo
01-28-2010, 03:34 AM
I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for intelligence. I only respect people for their actions. By the way, why is it that most of the high IQ society web sites suck so bad?

Northern_Paladin
01-28-2010, 07:50 AM
I don't think those online tests are very accurate. And IQ is not a perfect measure of Intelligence.

I scored 135 on tickle. The top score being 144 which my room mate achieved.

I took a Verbal IQ test online and got 149. Took another general one and got 130.

I'd estimate my general IQ at 130-140. I'd like to take a Stanford-Binet one day. Professional tests account for reaction time, and other factors giving a more accurate result.

I have a friend with an IQ of 155. He got a B in College Chemistry 101 which is pretty challenging studying more than 30 mins a week. It was recommended by the Professor for us to study 40 hours+.

I studied for 1 hour a week and ended up with a C-.

The Greatest European Geniuses had IQ's of 200+. Goethe and Da Vinci both had estimated IQs of 200+. Though one wonders how they arrive at that.

Ariets
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't think those online tests are very accurate. And IQ is not a perfect measure of Intelligence.

I scored 135 on tickle. The top score being 144 which my room mate achieved.

I took a Verbal IQ test online and got 149. Took another general one and got 130.

I'd estimate my general IQ at 130-140. I'd like to take a Stanford-Binet one day. Professional tests account for reaction time, and other factors giving a more accurate result.

I have a friend with an IQ of 155. He got a B in College Chemistry 101 which is pretty challenging studying more than 30 mins a week. It was recommended by the Professor for us to study 40 hours+.

I studied for 1 hour a week and ended up with a C-.

The Greatest European Geniuses had IQ's of 200+. Goethe and Da Vinci both had estimated IQs of 200+. Though one wonders how they arrive at that.
Come on, you're American, who are you trying to lie? LOL

Northern_Paladin
01-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Come on, you're American, who are you trying to lie? LOL

Its a lie. Fine I'll admit to it. Its 80. And that's a generous estimate.

Northern_Paladin
02-04-2010, 07:18 PM
For everyone who says Online IQ tests are give over inflated Scores and that they are inaccurate, I bet you guys don't score very high even with the supposed Inflation that these Online Sites are giving out.

I will take this test when I get some Sleep. A High IQ alone does not Guarantee Success in Life.

I am Willing to bet someone on this forum can Score a 150+.

Tony
02-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Please some take this test (http://www.testq.com/education/quizzes/show/121?page=1) too , I scored 140 , since my last test a few years ago was a mere 119 I suspect this new one is too easy or some sort of fake.
Let's try so we can get an average (at the end of the test a registration is required in order to see the results)

Lars
02-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Please some take this test (http://www.testq.com/education/quizzes/show/121?page=1) too , I scored 140 , since my last test a few years ago was a mere 119 I suspect this new one is too easy or some sort of fake.
Let's try so we can get an average (at the end of the test a registration is required in order to see the results)

I got 140 too. The test is so ridiculous easy, that morons will get a high score and send it to their friends so the creators can collect even more information about users and get advertising $$$. Just look how tedious the registration process was...