PDA

View Full Version : Smoking increases chances of child being gay in adulthood

1stLightHorse
05-15-2014, 12:18 AM
A neuroscientist has claimed a woman's lifestyle during pregnancy is directly linked to the development of their children, influencing whether they may be gay and having an impact on their IQ.

Women who smoke or lead a stressful life during their pregnancy can influence their child’s sexuality and IQ, a neuroscientist has claimed.

A pregnant woman’s lifestyle is believed to have an impact on the development of their babies – with drinking, taking drugs and even living in an area with a lot of pollution affecting children in later life.
Dick Swaab, professor of neurobiology at Amsterdam University, suggests drinking and taking drugs can lower a child’s IQ while taking synthetic hormones and smoking can increase the likelihood of girls being lesbians or bisexual.
Having more older brothers is also thought to increase the chance that boys will be gay, possibly because of the development of the mother’s immune system to have stronger responses to male hormones with each son born.
“Pre-birth exposure to both nicotine and amphetamines increases the chance of lesbian daughters,” Swaab told the Sunday Times.

“Pregnant women suffering from stress are also more likely to have homosexual children of both genders because their raised level of the stress hormone cortisol affects the production of foetal sex hormones.”
He said the brain in foetuses begins to develop at two weeks, with anything that introduces toxins into the body having an impact on this development. Studies show women who took synthetic oestrogen between 1939 and 1960 to reduce the chance of miscarriage had a greater chance of bisexuality and lesbianism in their daughters.
Swaab added: “In women who drink a lot, cells that were meant to migrate across the foetal brain can end up leaving the brain altogether.”

Living in an area of high pollution is linked to an increased risk of autism.
Swaab said lifestyle factors are just one influence, with genetics playing the most important role, but said the research proves that the development of the brain during pregnancy is directly linked to adult lifestyles.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10582504/Smoking-increases-chances-of-child-being-gay-in-adulthood.html

larali
05-15-2014, 12:25 AM
That's bullshit.

But I agree that drinking/ smoking is a bad thing to do while pregnant. As much as I like beer, I was able to abstain the whole whopping 9 months both times.

Dandelion
05-15-2014, 12:27 AM
Abstain from alcohol and cigarettes during pregnancy is what any decent mother does.

Stefan
05-15-2014, 12:31 AM
That's bullshit.

But I agree that drinking/ smoking is a bad thing to do while pregnant. As much as I like beer, I was able to abstain the whole whopping 9 months both times.

Not necessarily bullshit. Many studies have found a heavy correlation between prenatal hormonal development and homosexuality/bisexuality. Smoking is one of many activities that can affect the hormone levels of women, especially when they're pregnant. Remember, genes must manifest themselves in phenotypes. To say, "it is just genetic" makes little sense if you can't describe the phenotypic effects of these genes. This is especially true for polygenic traits, which homosexuality likely is (we have not found a single genotype found in all homosexuals.)

StonyArabia
05-15-2014, 12:33 AM
There needs to be more studies to confirm the finding their might be a correlation to extent, but certainly causation still needs to be found. There are several factors that might make a child be gay.

armenianbodyhair
05-15-2014, 12:35 AM
LOL what.

Rudel
05-15-2014, 12:40 AM
My mum was on crack, whiskey and Cuban cigars before she had me and I grew up to be perfectly balanced.

1stLightHorse
05-15-2014, 12:45 AM
That's bullshit.

“Pre-birth exposure to both nicotine and amphetamines increases the chance of lesbian daughters,” Swaab told the Sunday Times.

Stefan
05-15-2014, 12:49 AM
My mum was on crack, whiskey and Cuban cigars before she had me and I grew up to be perfectly balanced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability

Pjeter Pan
05-15-2014, 12:51 AM
I have nothing to worry about since my wife won't be allowed to smoke or drink.

Rudel
05-15-2014, 12:58 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

alb0zfinest
05-15-2014, 01:14 AM

..........Is what you tell yourself :D

alb0zfinest
05-15-2014, 01:17 AM
I have nothing to worry about since my wife won't be allowed to smoke or drink.

Yea right, we all know your wife will be the one wearing the pants in the relationship. :D

Pjeter Pan
05-15-2014, 01:19 AM
Yea right, we all know your wife will be the one wearing the pants in the relationship. :D
I'll find some isolated catholic village , the wife wouldn't ever dare speak against me :p

Also
05-15-2014, 01:33 AM
Women shouldn't smoke. Probably no one should but specially women.

1stLightHorse
05-15-2014, 02:01 AM
Women shouldn't smoke. Probably no one should but specially women.

I find it equally repugnant.

There is a woman at my work who smokes, an administrative assistant. She has the most horrendous cough i've ever heard in my life. Sounds like she's dying, literally. She has a baby daughter, looks about 18 months old. I'll keep an eye out for any early signs of lesbianism. She's had her mouth hanging off her mothers tits a lot lately, so i think it's already set in. :D