PDA

View Full Version : Most commonly spoken language (other than English) in each London borough

Graham
05-17-2014, 12:23 PM
For anyone interested in maps and demographics.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnyAI0fCEAAIwlF.jpg:large

Kiyant
05-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Interesting didnt know that there are so many Turks in London
(But what really is interesting is how Scottish is not on the list)

Graham
05-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Scots is just considered a dialect of English. Irish, Welsh & Gaelic is near anonymous.

Caismeachd
05-17-2014, 12:45 PM
I lived in Epsom when I was younger. I'd guess it would be mostly Tamil there as well. From what people tell me, it's turned into a real s-hole since I lived there.

Styrian Mujo
05-17-2014, 12:49 PM
I didn't know there were so many east Euros in London.

Longbowman
05-18-2014, 12:30 PM

Scots or Scots Gaelic? The latter has only about 60,000 speakers worldwide and the former is an English dialect.

Smaug
05-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Łondonski.

Longbowman
05-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Łondonski.

I like the Poles. Decent people.

Äijä
05-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Londonistan

♥ Lily ♥
05-18-2014, 01:18 PM
It's very interesting.
Also, the English language itself is constantly evolving with the times and continously changing planet, and for a small island, there's many more English speakers (1.5 billion speakers of English, either as a first or second language worldwide) than the amount of English speakers in the British Isles (over 6000 British Isles, plus we still try to preserve the various Celtic languages too).
Today, there's officially over 300 languages spoken in London, and Polish is now officially the second most spoken language in the UK, due to the amount of Polish settlers that have arrived.
In my original homeland of the West County of England, some of the Celtic languages there recently died, (such as Devonian), but Cornish is still preserved.
London is an Alpha++ city and officially the most multi-cultural and multi-racial city on the planet. 40% of the people now living in London are British (Scottish, Welsh, NI and English... of various races) and the city of Birmingham is going the same way.
I hear so many different languages being spoken in London on a daily basis, but English remains the official language, and English currently remains the official international language of aviation, business, computer programming, science, engineering, technology, the internet and diplomacy. It has the widest vocabulary of any known language. It's the main lingua-franca in global travel and it's the lingua-franca between the 22 languages spoken in India too (a nation of over 1.2 billion people and the worlds 3rd largest English language book producers. They also help to keep English as a major global language over Chinese Mandarin). Foreign people living in London tend to be bi or mono-lingual; they speak a different language with their relatives and they speak English in places of business, transport, hospitals, schools, etc. I made videos about the importance of the English language spoken across the Anglo-Celtic sphere nations of the world and spoken in many other countries too as a legacy from the British Empire days, the evolution and origins of the English language, and also the Celtic languages on YT, but I found these videos made by someone else there to show that Polish is now officially the 2nd language of Britain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3_NFDvomBg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qibpt58x2nc

Ivan Kramskoï
05-18-2014, 01:21 PM
London is lucky to have so many french and poles living there to hamper non european invasion.

Sky earth
05-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Wow I didn't know that there are about 350.000 Turks living in London. We are everywhere!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_community_of_London

I love the name "Londonistan". It sounds beautiful

Alphawolf
05-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Polish people taking over London. :D

♥ Lily ♥
05-18-2014, 02:00 PM
A large influx of immigrants fleeing from the EU economic crisis in Spain have moved to London too. News reports stated that immigrants flooding through the open EU immigration borders from Spain and other EU states in financial crisis have moved to London. Spanish immigrants were reported in the news as now being the 2nd highest amount of immigrants coming to Britain. I think a lot of Romanians plan to flood the UK too via the open-borders.

We have no control over our immigration borders in the EU and we don't have the jobs (many British people already born and living here are seeking those jobs), the financial benefits, the road space (high congestion charges in London), the tubes are overcrowded (London is the largest but the most populated city in Europe with a total of over 16 million people) and the hospitals are overcrowded. We don't have the spare houses.

It's a small island, and yet millions more immigrants from Romania and Bulgaria now want to come to the already overcrowded UK. I can understand their reasons, and I don't blame them, but it will harm our infrastructure. The Brits are moving out to Australia for opportunities now instead. The UK gives £1 billion a month in foreign aid (whilst our own national services are crumbling) and trying to help other nations, plus £375 million each week to fund the EU cities, plus we help millions of immigrants.

Britain is like a small boat that's about to capsize. If the population gets too much, they might introduce a one-child policy like with China.

Consider this: The population of Britain is more than the total populations of Canada, Australia and New Zealand combined!
And look at the geographical differences of the size of these nations!
And most of that population in Britain is concentrated in the south-east, ie: London, the most populated city in Europe. Twice as many people as the second most populated city in Europe.

I have been to hospitals in London where I saw about 2 English people in the building and many of the staff could just about speak English. Sometimes I feel like an alien being English and living in London. We have cultural festivals every year from Russia, Poland, Spain, France, Italy, Latin America (the carnival), the biggest Chinese Town in Europe with big Chinese New Year festivals.... it's like the world in one city, but it keeps an English core and traditions to it still. It's exciting meeting people from around the world in one place in a way, and I like eating foods from around the world here too and hearing so many different accents.

The immigrants head to cosmopolitan and multicultural and diverse London and the big cities, whilst the countryside where I grew up remains English, which I like too. My relatives love Scotland a lot and find it more traditional there. I'd love to know how things are up in Scotland and also in Wales too. I saw there's a large Hindu community in Wales, but they tend to be more peaceful than muslims at least. I know a lot of the big cities across Europe, like Paris and London and Malmo in Sweden are heavily Islamified and that's something which I worry about as Islam is fascist.

Longbowman
05-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Britain is like a small boat that's about to capsize. If the population gets too much, they might introduce a one-child policy like with China.

Ha, no they won't :rolleyes:

This is like something off a UKIP flyer.

And most of that population in Britain is concentrated in the south-east, ie: London, the most populated city in Europe. Twice as many people as the second most populated city in Europe.

No it isn't. Paris has about as many people, for instance.

Graham
05-18-2014, 04:04 PM
We wont have a one child policy. The problem of over-crowing's something that can be proven. A housing bubble. The continuous rise of home pricing. Britain's middle class & working class will get poorer in certain parts of the UK. The rich will still do ok.

Infact even the very Liberal Guardian Newspaper has the housing problem as number one story today.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk

Empecinado
05-18-2014, 04:13 PM
A large influx of immigrants fleeing from the EU economic crisis in Spain have moved to London too. News reports stated that immigrants flooding through the open EU immigration borders from Spain and other EU states in financial crisis have moved to London. Spanish immigrants were reported in the news as now being the 2nd highest amount of immigrants coming to Britain. I think a lot of Romanians plan to flood the UK too via the open-borders.

Notice that many of these "Spanish" immigrants are South Americans with Spanish citizenship.

Graham
05-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Notice that many of these "Spanish" immigrants are South Americans with Spanish citizenship.

We have quite a few Spanish speaking migrants in Edinburgh, & none are Americans. Infact we even have Mexican restaurants, but no Mexican in sight. lol

Windischer
05-18-2014, 04:19 PM
London boroughs? You mean gminy londynskie :laugh:

phew, already asslicking your new masters? ;)

Longbowman
05-18-2014, 04:24 PM

Yesterday I met 2 Spanish engineers at my gym, from Valencia and Bilbao.

Longbowman
05-18-2014, 04:24 PM
London boroughs? You mean gminy londynskie :laugh:

phew, already asslicking your new masters? ;)

I wish :rolleyes: tight Polish arses. That's the dream.

Incal
05-18-2014, 04:25 PM
LOL at polish.

Graham
05-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Where does Mordid live? ;)

Empecinado
05-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Yesterday I met 2 Spanish engineers at my gym, from Valencia and Bilbao.

In my gym there is one English too xD though overall the number of British working in Spain has decreased a lot over the last years.

Graham
05-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Have a friend from Andorra who lives on my Estate play football sevens with. But he grew up in Australia, so has an Aussie accent.

Longbowman
05-18-2014, 04:29 PM
In my gym there is one English too xD though overall the number of British working in Spain has decreased a lot over the last years.

These two were new here. One was a first-timer to the gym and spoke limited English. The other one was very proficient, but his English was overly clinical; he hadn't been here long either. But they were pleasant. I do not mind the presence of the Spanish here.

Graham
05-18-2014, 04:36 PM
I do not mind the presence of the Spanish here.

That's because you look like a Spaniard. All your twin brothers united.

Longbowman
05-18-2014, 04:45 PM
That's because you look like a Spaniard. All your twin brothers united.

Yes that is the main reason. My main motivation for doing everything is achieve my goal of living in a society entirely populated by Longbowmen. Replacing Nigerians with Spaniards is an excellent start.

♥ Lily ♥
05-19-2014, 04:17 AM
No it isn't. Paris has about as many people, for instance.

No, sorry, you're wrong. There's over 16 million people living in Greater and Central London and it's officially the largest city in Europe.

But if we look at the wiki charts for population figures of people living in the city centres, then Central London's population is over 7 million people. The next 2nd largest central city population after London in Europe (according to the wiki charts) is Berlin, with around 3 million living in the city centre. Paris has around 2 million living in the city centre.

It's easy to do the maths here when you look at the population charts on wiki for European city centres. 3 million in Central Berlin and over 7 million in central London makes London twice as populated in the city centre than the next most populated city centre in Europe.

And you should see the London tubes and traffic during rush hour. We keep our medieval street plan and the tubes and buses arrive every few minutes in zones 1 & 2 across central London and it's like sardines squashed in a tin every day. High congestion charges on the roads and high parking fees to find a parking space in central London. There's news report videos on YT also showing crowds of people on Oxford Street and in the tubes and pedestrians crowding the bridges during rush hours in London. I live here and I've seen the roads and tubes and crowds.

It's overcrowded.

I don't know why someone said 'grimey' Ldn.
London is the garden capital of the world, as well as being the official theatre capital of the world, a major world financial centre, etc, but it's full of green spaces, large parks bigger than Central Park in NYC (like Richmond Deer Park in London and Kew Gardens, etc), a lot of energy-efficient new eco-skyscrapers and recycling and green measures have been taken across the city, plus a massive flood defence barrier.

Incal
05-19-2014, 04:28 AM
We have quite a few Spanish speaking migrants in Edinburgh, & none are Americans. Infact we even have Mexican restaurants, but no Mexican in sight. lol

True. I met tons of Poles and Spaniards on my brief visit to Edinburgh.

alexkid
05-19-2014, 04:45 AM
Wahey! My borough's French!

zhaoyun
05-19-2014, 05:00 AM
Butlerkings probably in Bexley, Hounslaw or Hillingdon

Graham
05-19-2014, 04:53 PM
True. I met tons of Poles and Spaniards on my brief visit to Edinburgh.

Reminds me of this. Posted last year.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01702/SNN0213GX1_-620_1702615a.jpg

THE most popular destination for Iraqis moving to Britain is HULL, The Sun’s incredible migration map reveals today.

London remains a magnet but smaller cities and towns have also welcomed visitors from all four corners of the world.

Our map shows some of the areas different nationalities settle when arriving. And it throws up some surprising pairings.

For example, Herefordshire is a huge draw to Bulgarians, while Zimbabweans head to Leicester, Latvians to Peterborough, Cambs, and Slovaks to Warrington, Cheshire.

The melting pot culture of bigger cities attracts a variety of nationalities. Birmingham is popular with Chinese, Afghanis, Eritreans and Bangladeshis, while Edinburgh attracts Poles, Irish and Spaniards.

The map is based on latest Department for Work and Pensions figures showing where 600,810 migrants applied for a National Insurance number to work or study.

SKYNET
05-19-2014, 05:10 PM
lika sumbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooDEE

Longbowman
05-19-2014, 05:48 PM
No, sorry, you're wrong. There's over 16 million people living in Greater and Central London and it's officially the largest city in Europe.

But if we look at the wiki charts for population figures of people living in the city centres, then Central London's population is over 7 million people. The next 2nd largest central city population after London in Europe (according to the wiki charts) is Berlin, with around 3 million living in the city centre. Paris has around 2 million living in the city centre..

Roughly equivalent to London, if you compare Greater London to Ile-de-France.

armenianbodyhair
05-19-2014, 06:07 PM

It's okay because Poles are good looking.

Catkin
05-19-2014, 06:21 PM
[/IMG]

THE most popular destination for Iraqis moving to Britain is HULL, The Sun’s incredible migration map reveals today.

Hull?! Really? Haven't the Iraqis suffered enough?

:p

Anglojew
05-26-2014, 02:51 PM
London is lucky to have so many french and poles living there to hamper non european invasion.

I totally agree.

Äijä
05-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Aree the French speakers European or African?

Longbowman
05-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Aree the French speakers European or African?

Nearly all are French.

Äijä
05-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Nearly all are French.

Good for you.

Longbowman
05-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Good for you.

ta m8 means a lot.

LightHouse89
05-27-2014, 12:56 PM
spanglish

LightHouse89
05-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Nearly all are French.

Wogistan I mean France....blacks are as french as any other person living in france.... france is a land of immigrants. [we should send our puerto ricans there that do not stop growing in size here].

Marinus
02-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Interesting to see Portuguese up there! I remember many a pleasant time wondering through all the Port cafés and restaurants between Vauxhall and Stockwell.

Tooting Carmen
10-10-2018, 07:56 PM
A note to the race obsessives: in Britain a foreigner is a foreigner is a foreigner, regardless of their race.

Dandelion
10-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Poles should spread to other parts.

Ülev
10-10-2018, 08:08 PM
Poles should spread to other parts.

but look how close are they to their R1a Indian brothers, R1a über alles