PDA

View Full Version : Belgium women love Diversity

Hong Key
05-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Femme de la Rue: Sexual Harassment In Belgium - Diversity In Action!

I am Sofie, a 25-year old girl living in Brussels. I moved here two years ago. I love Brussels’ theater, I love the chocolate and waffles, I love guys treating me like a slut all the time... Wait. What?!

That’s right. Guys talk to me on the street like I have a big sign on my head that says "Whore". Even if I wear long trousers and a t-shirt, they find it appropriate to call me "baby", "slut", "doll" and other degrading names. They follow me around clicking their tongue and asking me where I live, if I’m married and how much it costs to have sex with them. It’s even worse when you wear a skirt or a dress. It can be the most innocent, knee-length flowery dress you can imagine: you are a whore and deserve to be treated that way. This name-calling happens all the time: I counted once, just for "fun". In the fifteen minutes it took me to walk from my work to my appartement in the centre of Brussels, I was called names like this eleven (ELEVEN) times. That’s almost once a minute. It drives you crazy!

TRAILER (redicecreations.com/article.php?id=30202)

Hong Key
05-18-2014, 06:41 AM
bump

Prisoner Of Ice
05-18-2014, 06:51 AM
It kind of gives me a laugh to think of all the times euros have told me "oh, we walk everywhere in europe. It's so much better than in US where you drive everywhere!". Now you know why.