PDA

View Full Version : Severed Ways, The Norse Discovery of America

Birka
01-26-2010, 06:21 PM
http://www.severedways.com/

I just rented and watched this interesting movie. Has anyone ever seen it?

anonymaus
01-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Is there a website behind that flash intro? Could you provide the link if you have it in history?

Lars
01-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Looks good. I'm downloading it from thepiratebay.org. =)
The trailer is extremely well made and the music and the sound of the ax hitting that tree is like mesmerizing.

Ax trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlvmqJBlyQc

Arne
01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Is it like pathfinder ?
Btw .. Pathfinder was very harsh

Brännvin
01-26-2010, 07:43 PM
-32V9bgkY-4

Birka
01-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Is it like pathfinder ?
This is more like a documentary of 2 Norse men left behind in Vinland.

Lars
01-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Is it like pathfinder ?

Jesus fucking Christ, man, what made you watch that movie? I remember when I first heard of it. It looked like a piece of shit. Uwe Boll meets Michael Bay movie.

Beorn
01-27-2010, 02:38 AM
I get the impression this films pinnacle is its trailers.

Spoken language is swedish... not nowegian, which could explain alot, but it doesn't since it is dubbed so. The movie is american made and I've read somewhere that it's the directors first.
Allready hailed as a cult classic by those who for some reason like to watch bad movies. This movie is a turkey, and dead and decomposing one at that. You have been warned.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5063516/Severed_Ways_The_Norse_Discovery_of_America_DvDRip _XviD-tuna

I liked Pathfinder. It is only a fantasy film. What else were the Vikings other than bloodthirsty, raping Heathens from the North?

Jamt
01-27-2010, 10:02 PM
It’s quite good. The spoken Swedish is not from the actors but dialogue lifted from Ingmar Bergman’s The Seventh Seal from 1957. The dialogue has nothing whatsoever to do with the plot or the subtitles; they probably just liked the sound of Max von Sydow, it’s all very unusual. The camera work is beautiful and the music good. Heathens might like this film and you get to see a Viking head-bang and take a righteous shit. You find it at thepiratebay.

Jarl
01-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Viking head-banging and take a righteous shit.

And what in heaven's name would that mean??? :confused:

Birka
01-27-2010, 10:09 PM
You just have to see it. Galloglaich and I watched it today and he loved it. After the scene in question, we renamed one character One Leaf Orn.

Electronic God-Man
01-27-2010, 10:11 PM
It’s quite good. The spoken Swedish is not from the actors but dialogue lifted from Ingmar Bergman’s The Seventh Seal from 1957. The dialogue has nothing whatsoever to do with the plot or the subtitles; they probably just liked the sound of Max von Sydow, it’s all very unusual. The camera work is beautiful and the music good. Heathens might like this film and you get to see a Viking head-banging and take a righteous shit. You find it at thepiratebay.

I noticed that it must have been from Bergman's film. What finally made me aware of that was the little part about the spring coming up under the dead girl's head and how it was a miracle from God.

Anyway, I watched it. It was pretty boring in my opinion.