PDA

View Full Version : family tree dna results

Coolguy1
05-21-2014, 12:06 AM

I am Greek from the Lakonia region, I found the results pretty interesting

Scholarios
05-21-2014, 04:05 AM

I am Greek from the Lakonia region, I found the results pretty interesting

This is a good one for Sikeliot- though it's slightly different nomenclature. Peloponessian who scores more Anatolian and Mediterranean than Eastern Europe.

What village/ area in Lakonia if you don't mind?

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
05-21-2014, 04:26 AM
cool results. Is it normal for greeks to score high on anotolia and caucaus?

HellLander87
05-21-2014, 05:30 AM
Can you post eurogenes k13 results from gedmatch?

Coolguy1
05-21-2014, 06:43 PM

These are the GED results

MINARDOWICZ
05-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Nothing odd here... 17+% Baltic... but you do have high East Med. Also quite normal.

HellLander87
05-21-2014, 06:48 PM

These are the GED results
We have similar results except i have about +4% North atlantic +2 west med -6% west asian.

Coolguy1
05-21-2014, 06:51 PM
This is a good one for Sikeliot- though it's slightly different nomenclature. Peloponessian who scores more Anatolian and Mediterranean than Eastern Europe.

What village/ area in Lakonia if you don't mind?

My father is from the northern Taygetus mountain region, my mothers village is right next to Mystra

Coolguy1
05-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Are you from Agrapha?

HellLander87
05-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Are you from Agrapha?
Half from there half from olympus.

Coolguy1
05-21-2014, 09:53 PM
I wonder whether the genetics of Arvanites differ from neighboring Greeks

Sikeliot
05-21-2014, 09:55 PM

But he still comes up 25% East European which is actually quite a lot. I am surprised you read his results as NOT being Slavicized, considering that on that same tool, the Sicilians and Greek islanders I have seen are almost 50/50 split between North Mediterranean Basin and Anatolian.

To me, his results signify a strong input from Eastern Europe, and then an additional 11% of Central European.

cool results. Is it normal for greeks to score high on anotolia and caucaus?

That's not "high" compared to Greek islanders and southern Italians who can score 50%+.

Coolguy1
05-21-2014, 10:02 PM
But he still comes up 25% East European which is actually quite a lot. I am surprised you read his results as NOT being Slavicized, considering that on that same tool, the Sicilians and Greek islanders I have seen are almost 50/50 split between North Mediterranean Basin and Anatolian.

To me, his results signify a strong input from Eastern Europe, and then an additional 11% of Central European.

That's not "high" compared to Greek islanders and southern Italians who can score 50%+.

Interestingly, there have been reports from Byzantine times that state the Slavic tribes in the Taygetus region, where I come from... The melingoi and the Ezeritai, Im guessing I get my Eastern European results from them. Apart from that, are my results fairly common among other Greeks?

Sikeliot
05-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Interestingly, there have been reports from Byzantine times that state the Slavic tribes in the Taygetus region, where I come from... The melingoi and the Ezeritai, Im guessing I get my Eastern European results from them. Apart from that, are my results fairly common among other Greeks?

Yes. You are basically East Med, with an East European/Slavic influence. Your results are like a Sicilian except Slavicized.

cally
05-21-2014, 10:10 PM
My trans-ural is only 4%. (Wtf)
I score 75% North Mediterranean.

safinator
05-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks to your thread i learned there was a PCA option at the end of the page.

Anyway your results aren't surprising for a Greek but definitely southern Peloponesse wouldn't come to mind.

More like Macedonia/Thessaly.

Sikeliot
05-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Thanks to your thread i learned there was a PCA option at the end of the page.

Anyway your results aren't surprising for a Greek but definitely southern Peloponesse wouldn't come to mind.

More like Macedonia/Thessaly.

All mainland Greeks are fairly similar with the exception of some regions being even more "northern" shifted than he is.

Scholarios
05-22-2014, 06:52 AM

Whoah Whoah there bucko. Didn't say anything about Slavic Invasions/Input. I simply said his Anatolian and Med. component is higher than East Euro (its also higher than Central Euro). The other day you said you hadnt seen any Peloponessian Greeks with higher Italian than Balkan. Soooo....

HellLander87
05-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Your k13 results are typical for Greeks also typical for peloponnesus(another peloponnesian member Raine scores nearly identical). about the ftdna calculator I don't take it seriously.
About Arvanites I haven't seen any results from them,I would expect them to be a bit more southern than you.

HellLander87
05-22-2014, 07:16 AM
My trans-ural is only 4%. (Wtf)
I score 75% North Mediterranean.

broken calculator:p

Sikeliot
05-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Whoah Whoah there bucko. Didn't say anything about Slavic Invasions/Input. I simply said his Anatolian and Med. component is higher than East Euro (its also higher than Central Euro). The other day you said you hadnt seen any Peloponessian Greeks with higher Italian than Balkan. Soooo....

On 23andme he may be more Balkan than Italian.

Scholarios
05-23-2014, 01:49 AM
On 23andme he may be more Balkan than Italian.

Possibly. Which just shows how subjective the categories are...