PDA

View Full Version : Syrian Democracy: The farce

Fear Fiain
05-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Ramz nails it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqQ_ZGnf5-k

nihilsciens
12-17-2014, 04:28 AM
The way he started off the video with the repeated quote "Assad has no place in Syria's future" almost made me turn off the video, since I'm weary from all the precarious political allegories dealt by the political figures of modern times, that was quite a risky move on his part, heh. He's a fun guy though, and he seems to get the picture that even the US with their exceptionalism; their burden to spread the wondrous sermon of democracy to the unknowing populace of the third world. Even they have fundamental flaws, and Western foreign policy is not so simple as to spreading just cause, even if it costs trillions of dollars, which the brainwashed American drone-like citizens would gladly fork out. (He missed a few powers of ten by simply stating "millions of dollars".)

I think it's more fair to look at society pragmatically, which the US so proudly used to do; if limited democracy leads to a stable country then why burst that provisional, yet valid solution? Libya was doing all right before NATO bombings took place; nowadays the media is dead-silent on the status of Libya. It's obvious that it's heading for a disaster over there, and it would look bad for the EU and NATO if their oh-so benevolent contributions for the welfare of the Libyan people turned out to be a fiasco.