PDA

View Full Version : Iran Police Arrest 6 After 'Happy' Video Featuring Women Without Hijabs Goes Viral

EyeOfTheTiger
05-22-2014, 10:36 AM
UPDATE: May 21, 2014, 1:45 p.m. ET: At least five in the group of six Iranians arrested on Monday have apparently been released.

Iranian authorities arrested on Monday at least six people who starred in a viral YouTube video that shows them dancing to Pharrell Williams' "Happy," according to multiple reports.

In the video, three men and three women without hijabs are seen dancing to the hit song in an apartment and on a Tehran building rooftop. It went viral in the past few weeks, attracting nearly 200,000 views on YouTube, according to a Facebook post published by the video's art director, Reihane Taravati. No official explanation has been given for the arrests yet, though some believe the content runs afoul of Iranian law.

Negar Mortazavi, an Iranian freelance journalist based in Washington, D.C., told Mashable that she wasn't surprised the six people were arrested. When Mortazavi first saw the video, she thought it was dangerous to upload it online, considering its content. "Not wearing hijabs and dancing, boys and girls together — that's three big red flags," she said.

SEE ALSO: Inside the Push to Get All 32 World Cup Teams on Twitter

Iranian state television broadcast a video of the six people in custody on Tuesday, only showing them from behind; it also quotes a police officer who says that they "should try to avoid ... this kind of problems," according to the subtitles of a shortened version of the broadcast uploaded to YouTube.

full article - http://mashable.com/2014/05/20/iran-arrests-viral-happy-video/

the video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg5qdIxVcz8

Äijä
05-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Are they Persians or Jewish? Hope they get out of the hell hole, these are the types that should come as refugees to Europe.

Ianus
05-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Islamic madness, simply.

StonyArabia
05-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Islamic madness, simply.

More like Shia Persian madness. Anyways I did not find anything offensive in the video, they are arrested for this, no wonder why the neo-Safavid government of Iran is a joke.

EyeOfTheTiger
05-22-2014, 08:08 PM
the video dancers got free today.
president rouhani also tweeted a support -http://i.imgur.com/3LyBqQg.png

Minesweeper
05-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Good news, I wish those uncreative hipster morons were arrested in Belgrade too.

StonyArabia
05-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Good news, I wish those uncreative hipster morons were arrested in Belgrade too.

People should have a right to fun dude.

Minesweeper
05-22-2014, 08:29 PM
People should have a right to fun dude.

I know, I wasn't really serious. Just find people who do those videos annoying.

Also
05-22-2014, 08:32 PM
"Not wearing hijabs and dancing, boys and girls together — that's three big red flags," she said.

Wow, so that's how it works.

Annihilus
05-25-2014, 02:39 AM
Sorry to say but them religious leaders there do have a point. If females are so ugly you better hide them.

Bit strange since all the "holy" men buttfuck each other there,

hmm, they don't want competition from females that look like men.

All I can think of.

EyeOfTheTiger
05-25-2014, 10:56 AM
Sorry to say but them religious leaders there do have a point. If females are so ugly you better hide them.

Bit strange since all the "holy" men buttfuck each other there,

hmm, they don't want competition from females that look like men.

All I can think of.
lol, i don't know any iranian women who look like men.

Vorpal
05-25-2014, 10:59 AM
horrible brainwashing song, they should be shot.