PDA

View Full Version : 3 dead in shooting at Brussels Jewish Museum

microrobert
05-24-2014, 04:37 PM
3 dead in shooting at Brussels Jewish Museum

Attack is a result of ‘climate of hate,’ says head of Belgian League Against anti-Semitism; Belgian FM: ‘Shocked by the murders’

Three people were killed and one person was in critical condition following a shooting at the Brussels Jewish Museum on Saturday.

A Jewish community figure, Joel Rubinfeld, told AFP it clearly “is a terrorist act” as a man had been seen driving up and entering the museum before opening fire inside and running off.

Rubinfeld, who heads the country’s league against anti-Semitism, said the act was the result of “a climate of hate.”

The country’s foreign minister, Didier Reynders, tweeted Saturday that he was “shocked by the murders committed at the Jewish museum.”

“I am thinking of the victims I saw there and their families,” he said.

The La Libre newspaper said on its website that an Audi had driven up and parked outside the museum, and that both a passenger and the driver had gotten out.

It said the driver placed two bags on the ground and then opened fire on bystanders before driving off.

“A person wearing a backpack was seen opening fire before fleeing,” Radio Télévision Belge Francophone (RTBF) reported.

Twelve people were being treated for shock, according to local sources.

Police and emergency services were at the site, which was blocked off in the Belgian capital.

A bystander, Alain Sobotic, told AFP he had seen the foreign minister at the scene

No information was immediately available from police on the circumstances of the shoot-out but Sobotic said he had seen two bodies just inside the doors of the museum, a young woman and a man.

The Jewish Museum of Belgium, which was not answering calls, is located in the heart of the Sablon district which is home to the city’s top antique dealers.

Interior Minister Joelle Milquet too was in the area, a popular weekend haunt for shoppers and holidayers.

The head of Belgium’s Jewish Consistory told La Libre that “is is probably a terrorist act. For us it is an extremely serious act.”

He said the museum had received no recent threats and that its staff “are in shock”.

The police had a “serious tip”, he added, amid reports that a bystander had given the police the car’s registration number.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/3-dead-in-shootout-near-brussels-jewish-museum/#ixzz32eT9P1dF

SkyBurn
05-25-2014, 07:08 AM
Another random attack on Jews?! FFS, I hate people.

Anglojew
05-25-2014, 08:41 AM
Nazi or Muzzie?

Three people were killed on-site and another fatally wounded when a gunman attacked the Jewish Museum in the center of Brussels on Saturday, authorities said.

"Two women and one man are dead, a third person is in hospital," Interior Minister Joelle Milquet said at the scene, shortly after the attack. "We don't yet know if they were tourists or staff, they haven't been identified."

Asked whether she believed it was an anti-Semitic attack, she said it was too early to say as a police and judicial inquiry was under way but that given the target "there are strong grounds for presuming so."

Reports said the driver has been picked up within three hours of the shooting, which took place at around 4 pm (1400 GMT). There was no confirmation from police.

A bystander, Alain Sobotik, told AFP he saw the corpses of a young woman and a man just inside the doors of the museum.

A picture shows them lying in pools of blood.

Later Saturday, authorities announced that a suspect has been arrested. The injured victim was announced dead late Saturday, just before 11 pm Israel time.

"A person left the scene in their vehicle. We have identified and arrested them. But we do not know if they have a link to the events," a prosecution spokeswoman told a news conference, adding that the person was being "heard as a suspect."

The attack comes on the eve of elections in Belgium for a new federal government as well as for its regional parliaments and the European Parliament.

Crime or terror?

A Jewish community figure, Joel Rubinfeld, told AFP it clearly "is a terrorist act" after two men were seen driving up and double-parking outside the museum.

The gunman opened fire, allegedly shooting indiscriminately before getting away.

Rubinfeld, who heads the country's anti-Semitic League, said the act was the result of "a climate of hate."

Belgian Foreign Minister Didier Reynders was at the scene shortly after the attack, and told reporters that the two other victims had been shot inside the museum. "I hope we will identify those responsible very quickly," he said.

Reynders said he had been nearby when he saw people fleeing and heard shots and rushed to help. When he saw "bodies on the ground in pools of blood" he called the 112 emergency number and rounded up eye-witnesses to assist the police.

Police quickly cordoned off the area.

"I am shocked by the murders committed at the Jewish museum, I am thinking of the victims I saw there and their families," Reynders said on Twitter.

The Jewish Museum of Belgium, which was not answering calls, is located in the heart of the Sablon district which is home to the city's top antique dealers. It is a popular weekend haunt for shoppers and holidayers, hosting the city's best chocolate shops and many cafes.

The head of Belgium's Jewish Consistory told La Libre that "it is probably a terrorist act. For us it is an extremely serious act."

He said the museum had received no recent threats and that its staff "are in shock".

Milquet said the government had moved to increase protection at Jewish buildings as well as the Israeli embassy.

Belgium Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo also expressed that he was "very shocked" by the attack.

"All Belgians are united and show solidarity in the face of this odious attack on a Jewish cultural site," he added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmHhNwIEOvQ
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/180977#.U4GsniijKL0

Fortis in Arduis
05-25-2014, 09:47 AM
I think Muslim because the media have been quiet about it. I could be wrong.

Anglojew
05-25-2014, 09:58 AM

Yeah, it's suspicious the media/police aren't releasing a name.

Mraz
05-25-2014, 10:27 AM
RIP, the suspect is actually a witness, they have no suspect at the moment, except all muslims living Belgium.

Longbowman
05-25-2014, 12:22 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638282/Three-people-shot-dead-anti-Semitic-attack-Jewish-Museum-Brussels-man-backpack-opened-fire-fled.html

Gunmen shoot 4, killing three, at a Jewish museum in Belgium.

A suspected anti-Semitic terrorist and his accomplice were still on the run today following a triple murder at the Jewish Museum in Brussels.

Two Israeli tourists were among those gunned down in the atrocity, which is being linked with similar crimes carried out by Al-Qaeda linked Islamic radicals.

One man has been arrested, and remains in custody, but he is not thought to have a direct link with the actual killings.

Two men were seen pulling up outside the museum in an Audi car just before 4pm, before one took out a weapon from black bag.

He immediately targeted staff and visitors inside the museum, firing bullets into their faces and necks. None of the victims have yet been named.

An official working for the Israeli Foreign Ministry today said: ‘A couple in their fifties from Tel Aviv were among the victims.

'We trust that the Belgian authorities, including the judicial authorities and the police, will be able to shed light on this terrible crime.’

One of the men responsible was seen running away, while the second is thought to have got away in the car.

Its number plate was written down by a witness who alerted police, but the man arrested is not thought to be the getaway driver.

He remains in custody but his legal status has been downgraded from ‘suspect’ to ‘witness.’

Horrific pictures have been released of victims lying in pools of blood, while CCTV footage is also being studied by the police.

A police spokesman said: ‘Bodies were left lying on the ground inside and outside the building. There was blood everywhere and people were screaming.’

The victims were reported to be two women and one man. Another man is seriously wounded.

A suspect was arrested and was being questioned last night by security officials.

The attacker was seen jumping into an Audi after the shootings by a witness who made a note of the number plate. The car was stopped by police shortly afterwards.

Belgian Deputy Prime Minister Didier Reynders, who was nearby at the time and heard the gunfire, was among the first to reach the scene.

He said he was ‘shocked’ by the killings, but added: ‘There were a lot of witnesses and the investigation is moving fast.’

Confirming that it was an ‘undoubted terrorist attack’, Brussels Mayor Yvan Mayeur said: ‘It’s not a coincidence the target was a Jewish museum.’

Eyewitness Alain Sobotik revealed he saw two bodies in the lobby of the museum.

‘One was a young woman with her head covered in blood. She was holding a leaflet and looked like a tourist,’ he added.

Around a dozen other visitors to the museum were caught up in the carnage, suffering minor injuries and severe shock.

Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo expressed his condolences and support for the victims' families.

Anti-Semitic attacks have become all too common in Europe over recent years, with Islamic radicals often behind them.

Maurice Sosnowski, President of the Coordination Centre of Jewish organisations in Belgium, said that this one, if confirmed, would be 'the worst anti-Jewish attack in Brussels since the Second World War.'

The Brussels museum highlights the suffering of Jews who were murdered, tortured and imprisoned during the Nazi Holocaust.

In 2012 a French-Algerian anti-Semitic fanatic called Mohamed Merah gunned down seven people in and around the south western city of Toulouse before being killed in a shootout with police.

Among the victims of the 23-year-old Al-Qaeda supporter were three Jewish children and a rabbi who were murdered infront of their schools.

In the face of such savagery, security groups have launched numerous clamp-downs on extremists, including in cities like Belgium, which has a large Muslim population.

Kiyant
05-25-2014, 12:30 PM
RIP to the victims
And i hope they catch those assholes

SkyBurn
05-25-2014, 12:36 PM
Merged three threads on the same topic

I mean really. Check the forum before opening news threads :P

Longbowman
05-25-2014, 12:41 PM
I checked the Belgian forum. Not going to check everywhere.

Yehiel
05-25-2014, 12:50 PM
If we didnt have Israel this would be happening much more often... Baruch dayan emet.

Ultra
05-25-2014, 04:05 PM
Nazi or Muzzie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmHhNwIEOvQ
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/180977#.U4GsniijKL0
Probably a Mudslim who did it, because if it would have been a white nazi dude it would have been the first thing we heard.

Fortis in Arduis
05-25-2014, 04:52 PM
So pleased that it was not a Nazi. Anyway, Nazi anti-Semitism was always faintly ridiculous and overblown.

In retrospect, the whole conflagration looks like a squabble between two groups of white people.

We cannot integrate with the East, what a clever and wicked idea to suggest that we could.

Longbowman
05-25-2014, 05:14 PM
In retrospect, the whole conflagration looks like a squabble between two groups of white people.

A rather one-sided squabble, but yes.

Fortis in Arduis
05-25-2014, 05:32 PM
A rather one-sided squabble, but yes.

The European establishment ignored and side-lined the nationalist-Zionists. Do you know that part of the history?

Longbowman
05-25-2014, 05:49 PM
The European establishment ignored and side-lined the nationalist-Zionists. Do you know that part of the history?

I meant the ethnic cleansing aspect of WWII.

randomguy1235
05-25-2014, 05:52 PM
If we didnt have Israel this would be happening much more often... Baruch dayan emet.

Don't bring that shit in here.

Yehiel
05-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Don't bring that shit in here.

What? its the truth, and you know it. It was relevant for me to say that.

Fortis in Arduis
05-25-2014, 06:17 PM
I meant the ethnic cleansing aspect of WWII.

http://jtf.org/israel/israel.treason.story.beyond.belief.htm

Ze'ev Jabotinsky tried to stop it, the Brits, as always, picked a despot for their former colony.

See Zimbabwe, India, Uganda etc.

Longbowman
05-25-2014, 06:19 PM
http://jtf.org/israel/israel.treason.story.beyond.belief.htm

Ze'ev Jabotinsky tried to stop it, the Brits, as always, picked a despot for their former colony.

See Zimbabwe, India, Uganda etc.

I don't get the relevance.

Also this article is pretty erroneous.

randomguy1235
05-25-2014, 06:23 PM

Jews could have settled in many areas besides Palestine to establish a country, but, instead, chose to ethnically cleanse the natives of the Southern Levant because they could.

Yehiel
05-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Jews could have settled in many areas besides Palestine to establish a country, but, instead, chose to ethnically cleanse the natives of the Southern Levant because they could.

lol why would we want to settle anywhere else? we are from the Levant and that is our homeland.. Now the Palis can establish a country outside of the levant, right?

zhaoyun
05-26-2014, 12:18 AM
Europe should ban all guns.

Aviator
05-26-2014, 12:22 AM
Europe should ban all guns.

I don't know, take a look at Switzerland. That seems to be the best system when it comes to handling firearms.

zhaoyun
05-26-2014, 12:24 AM
I don't know, take a look at Switzerland. That seems to be the best system when it comes to handling firearms.

It was tongue in cheek, since that's the reaction of many of the Euro members here whenever something nutty happens in the US.

Longbowman
05-26-2014, 12:25 AM
It was tongue in cheek, since that's the reaction of many of the Euro members here whenever something nutty happens in the US.

Well, I don't know the law in Belgium, but they should, yeah. We don't have these goings-on.

Aviator
05-26-2014, 12:26 AM

It's always hard to tell over text. My apologies.

King Claus
05-26-2014, 12:31 AM
hmm... :)

Anglojew
05-26-2014, 02:21 AM

Jews were ethnically cleared from Arab countries. Can't we stop this blame game and solve the issues?

Let's unite and prosper. Pan-Israelism makes perfect sense.

Svipdag
05-26-2014, 03:01 AM

You COULD be wrong, but I'd bet money that you aren't.

REM ACV TETIGISTI -- TITVS MACCIVS PLAVTVS

LightHouse89
05-26-2014, 03:04 AM
They wanted diversity now suffer the consequences. I do not pity western Europe what so ever. If 50% of the population of western Europe disappears I still wouldn't care so long as they do not move here.

Fortis in Arduis
05-26-2014, 09:09 PM
I don't get the relevance.

Also this article is pretty erroneous.

There were nationalist-Zionists who encouraged Europe's Jews to arm themselves, but they were largely ignored, and the British chose to ally themselves with Marxist Zionists, favouring the traitors.

Of course, one does not learn about this at school, but, yes, the British State did terrible things, for which there has been no apology.

There might have been a better outcome had the "confound their politics" part of our national anthem not be adhered to in those instances.

http://jtf.org/israel/israel.jewish.civil.war.part.two.htm
http://jtf.org/israel/israel.jewish.civil.war.part.three.htm

Xanthias
05-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Well, I don't know the law in Belgium, but they should, yeah. We don't have these goings-on.

Well Belgium is notoriously known for having a laxist application for laws even as restrictive as they might appear.

Btw, we are the center of a flourishing sophisticated underground warfare market here, wouldn'd surprise me at all the Police or the military picks up guns froms this market.

Longbowman
05-26-2014, 09:39 PM
There were nationalist-Zionists who encouraged Europe's Jews to arm themselves, but they were largely ignored, and the British chose to ally themselves with Marxist Zionists, favouring the traitors.

Of course, one does not learn about this at school, but, yes, the British State did terrible things, for which there has been no apology.

There might have been a better outcome had the "confound their politics" part of our national anthem not be adhered to in those instances.

http://jtf.org/israel/israel.jewish.civil.war.part.two.htm
http://jtf.org/israel/israel.jewish.civil.war.part.three.htm

The article wasn't accurate or reliable though. At all. I'm not a Zionist but it was a fabrication. And I don't see the relevance of it.

gültekin
05-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Belgium is a country that supports terrorists. I'm not surprised. knife sets in a day returns to you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fehriye_Erdal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dursun_Karata%C5%9F
http://www.ekurd.net/mismas/articles/misc2010/3/turkey2559.htm
Belgium has bureau of Dhkp-c and Pkk terrorists

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-26-2014, 10:01 PM

An assumption is the truth? Attacks like these are extremely rare to begin with. You have more of a chance of dying from alcohol poisoning than being killed by an anti-Semitic lunatic. So why assume there would be an epidemic of violence against European Jews if Israel didn't exist?

Yehiel
05-26-2014, 10:05 PM
An assumption is the truth? Attacks like these are extremely rare to begin with. You have more of a chance of dying from alcohol poisoning than being killed by an anti-Semitic lunatic. So why assume there would be an epidemic of violence against European Jews if Israel didn't exist?

The only reason it is less common now is because there are barely any Jews in Europe. You are saying After ww2, everyone would stop hating Jews (if we stayed), especially among the axis populations? We arent in Europe anymore and our sites in Europe get vandalized and this has been happening a lot. It is a logical assumption.

KidMulat
05-26-2014, 10:06 PM
G-D when did all the Jews on the forum become Zionist :-P

Kiyant
05-26-2014, 10:07 PM
The only reason it is less common now is because there are barely any Jews in Europe. You are saying After ww2, everyone would stop hating Jews (if we stayed), especially among the axis populations? We arent in Europe anymore and our sites in Europe get vandalized and this has been happening a lot. It is a logical assumption.

To be true the Jewish graves here in my town in Germany are pretty nicely cared of and everyone can visit it

Yehiel
05-26-2014, 10:08 PM
To be true the Jewish graves here in my town in Germany are pretty nicely cared of and everyone can visit it

Yes, depends on the area obviously

Longbowman
05-26-2014, 10:08 PM
G-D when did all the Jews on the forum become Zionist :-P

Without your guidance these past months they have strayed from the path.

KidMulat
05-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Without your guidance these past months they have strayed from the path.

All I am saying is the last thing our people should do is round ourselves up in one place easy enough to bomb...That and the idea of more Ashkenazis migrating makes me queazy.

But yeah I will be going to Shul this Shabbat for sure now :-/

Fortis in Arduis
05-26-2014, 10:16 PM
The article wasn't accurate or reliable though. At all. I'm not a Zionist but it was a fabrication. And I don't see the relevance of it.

It is an alternative interpretation of history, with a lot of invective, and inaccurate language, but I do believe that the article is correct in revealing that the British State was complicit in some of the ethnic cleansing aspects of WWII, and that our history has been politicised to the extent that this is overlooked.

Longbowman
05-26-2014, 10:17 PM
It is an alternative interpretation of history, with a lot of invective, and inaccurate language, but I do believe that the article is correct in revealing that the British State was complicit in some of the ethnic cleansing aspects of WWII, and that our history has been politicised to the extent that this is overlooked.

I disagree. And that article isn't proof either way; it's a JTF diatribe with no actual evidence behind it. We are not saints, but we are not complicit in Germany's crimes.

Fortis in Arduis
05-26-2014, 10:20 PM
I disagree. And that article isn't proof either way; it's a JTF diatribe with no actual evidence behind it. We are not saints, but we are not complicit in Germany's crimes.

Brits did attack Jewish nationalists and they were hung with piano wire in retaliation. You must know that this really happened.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-26-2014, 10:22 PM

I'm not saying people wouldn't have antagonistic feelings towards Jews. I'm saying they wouldn't act violently towards them. If Europeans rarely go around killing and bashing third world immigrants what makes you think they'd do so towards Jews? You think these foreigners are well liked? And much, if not most, of these rare violent crimes committed against Jews is done by people whose family came from a Muslim nation rather than Europeans.

Stop being a hysteric.

Longbowman
05-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Brits did attack Jewish nationalists and they were hung with piano wire in retaliation. You must know that this really happened.

No.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-26-2014, 10:25 PM
All I am saying is the last thing our people should do is round ourselves up in one place easy enough to bomb...That and the idea of more Ashkenazis migrating makes me queazy.

But yeah I will be going to Shul this Shabbat for sure now :-/

Your Ashkenazi ancestors would agree. Wait...

KidMulat
05-26-2014, 10:39 PM
Your Ashkenazi ancestors would agree. Wait...

When I refer to Jewish people I mean the entire Jewish diaspora by birth or conversion; I only speak of Ashkenazim/Sephardic/Mizrahi directly.

Fortis in Arduis
05-26-2014, 10:39 PM
No.

Well, now you know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sergeants_affair

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Hanged_sergeants.jpg

Dingle, dangle.

Longbowman
05-26-2014, 10:41 PM
Well, now you know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sergeants_affair

Oh, I thought you meant in Britain. Yes, I knew about this. And the Jewish terrorists bombing the King David hotel, etc.

King Claus
05-26-2014, 10:42 PM
O my god , noooo!!!! How can a sacred people like the jews be so hated?:rolleyes:

arcticwolf
05-26-2014, 10:45 PM
O my god , noooo!!!! How can a sacred people like the jews be so hated?:rolleyes:

You must have your own opinion, so why do you think they are?

Killing women and children is something a coward does. I don't think you can argue that point.

King Claus
05-26-2014, 10:51 PM
You must have your own opinion, so why do you think they are?

Killing women and children is something a coward does. I don't think you can argue that point.

Who are they? You mean the attackers? Or the sacred jews? I don't really care tbh. I haven't read any of the article in question. It just seems like the average "omg we jews are under constant assault and we are the only victims in this world" news article.

Longbowman
05-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Who are they? You mean the attackers? Or the sacred jews? I don't really care tbh. I haven't read any of the article in question. It just seems like the average "omg we jews are under constant assault and we are the only victims in this world" news article.

Nah mate, some Muslim went into a Jewish museum and randomly shot people.

Yehiel
05-26-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm not saying people wouldn't have antagonistic feelings towards Jews. I'm saying they wouldn't act violently towards them. If Europeans rarely go around killing and bashing third world immigrants what makes you think they'd do so towards Jews? You think these foreigners are well liked? And much, if not most, of these rare violent crimes committed against Jews is done by people whose family came from a Muslim nation rather than Europeans.

Stop being a hysteric.

Hmm.. so if Jews stayed in germany and poland after the Holocaust, your saying hypothetically that the germans (more specifically nazis) would have just left the Jews alone, is that what your talking?

King Claus
05-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Nah mate, some Muslim went into a Jewish museum and randomly shot people.
How awfully typical... A muslim committing a terrorist attack xD

Longbowman
05-26-2014, 10:57 PM
How awfully typical... A muslim committing a terrorist attack xD

Yawn. Another Islamic terrorist attack. What else is new. Pass the sports section.

Kiyant
05-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Yawn. Another Islamic terrorist attack. What else is new. Pass the sports section.

Where does it stand that a muslim did it?
I looked in the israelitimes and saw nothing about the identity/ethnicy nor religion of the gunmen (Of course its highly possible that he is a muslim)

Oneeye
05-26-2014, 11:12 PM
Europe should ban Muslims.

Kiyant
05-26-2014, 11:16 PM
Europe should ban Muslims.

But im so likeable

Longbowman
05-26-2014, 11:17 PM
But im so likeable

Not you. You'll be an Honourary Christian.

Kiyant
05-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Not you. You'll be an Honourary Christian.

Im so happy its something i always dreamed off !!!!!!!!
(Can i now go and suck money out of the stupid goyim?)

Longbowman
05-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Im so happy its something i always dreamed off !!!!!!!!
(Can i now go and suck money out of the stupid goyim?)

Always m8.