PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist PKK kidnaps 331 children in six months

gültekin
05-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Ankara Today's Zaman / A National Police Department Counterterrorism Unit report indicates that the terrorist Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) has kidnapped 331 children in the last six months.

The most recent case is the abduction of 15 children from a festival held on April 23 to celebrate Children's Day in Diyarbakır's Lice district. Parents and other relatives of the 15 high school students held a sit-in protest in Diyarbakır on April 27, claiming that the students had been kidnapped by the PKK and asking for action to be taken.

According to news reports, members of the terrorist group took the students on a picnic on April 23 but the students have not returned to their homes since then. Erol Böçkün, father of 15-year-old M.S.B., said that he has no idea where his son is. "They may have killed my son. How can they kidnap a 15-year-old boy to recruit [him to the PKK]?" he asked.

Böçkün also claimed that some pro-Kurdish Peace and Democracy Party (BDP) officials spoke to members of the PKK to persuade them to allow the kidnapped boys to return to their families, but that the terrorist group refused the request. İbrahim Güçlü, a Kurdish writer and politician, has said the government has to make a statement on the issue.

After decades of violence, the PKK declared a cease-fire last year as part of a negotiation process with the state, but the settlement process was brought to the brink of deadlock when the PKK halted the withdrawal of its forces from Turkey. The PKK's recent resurgence of activity throughout the region is fueling fears of a revival of clashes.

In order to attract more people to its ranks, the Kurdistan Communities Union (KCK) and the PKK have established 48 training centers across 10 provinces where a total of 8,500 young people are being trained in PKK ideology and tactics, the police report revealed.

The report goes on to say that these centers, which have been established on the order of imprisoned PKK leader Abdullah Öcalan in such provinces as Diyarbakır, Ağrı, Batman, Bitlis, Van, Şırnak and Tunceli, are called Education Support Houses (EDEV) and that the terrorist organization has had the families of thousands of individuals sign papers stating they approve of their children joining in the activities of the PKK.

The training offered at these centers is given in just the Kurdish language and participants are encouraged to join the PKK militants based in the nearby mountains. Security forces say the PKK opened these centers to recruit more members and strengthen its support base. They also say these centers were established as part of a plan mentioned in the KCK manifesto to encourage the widespread use of the Kurdish language in the country's Southeast and to establish de facto democratic autonomy.

The funding for these centers is largely provided by municipalities administered by the pro-Kurdish Peace and Democracy Party (BDP), according to a previous police report.

Also according to the earlier report, between the years 2000 and 2012, the PKK took approximately 4,000 youngsters to the mountains to fight, peaking in 2011 at 750 children that year.
http://www.todayszaman.com/news-346992-terrorist-pkk-kidnaps-331-children-in-six-months.html

Kidnapped childrens is kurdish, their families protest Pkk/Bdp, and want their children back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP_WwfEU67A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNI5-H-KU5E

gültekin
05-26-2014, 04:21 PM
PKK kidnappings backfire among Turkey's Kurds

While the peace process may be going nowhere, the separatist militant group that has battled Turkey for over three bloody decades has deepened its dominance in the majority-Kurdish southeast and has not given up its violent tactics — including toward civilians — to accomplish its goals.

On April 23, the PKK kidnapped 25 children between the ages of 14 and 16 near the construction site of the Abali gendarmerie outpost in the Lice district of Diyarbakir. On April 28, Erol Bockum, whose son Sinan, 15, was one of those kidnapped, told Al-Monitor, “We gave permission to the school only to take our kids to the spring festival [organized by the Peace and Democracy Party (BDP)] on the Tigris riverside — not far from this Abali gendarmerie construction site.”

The PKK asserts that the construction of such outposts is a sign that the state is preparing to launch a war against the Kurds in the region, and therefore rallies the people in protest of these buildings. Erol added, “Deviating from the purpose of this trip, they took our kids to this protest site. The PKK members lined them up and questioned them. … He does not understand anything about the PKK or their violence. I want my son back.”

Bockum spoke out, incredulous, when he heard Selahattin Demirtas, the former co-chairman of the pro-Kurdish BDP, say on April 28: “These children went up to the mountains voluntarily. There is little we can do about this.”

“The part of it that these people don’t understand,” Bockum told Al-Monitor April 30, is that “my son is only 15 years old. He may have made a mistake, but I say as his guardian that I want him back. I want him back from the PKK, from the BDP, from our president and from our prime minister. I may be illiterate and poor, but I won’t turn my back on my son even if he might have made a mistake. I am the father.”

The Bockum family marked a first in the region by putting up a tent near their house the moment they realized that their son had been kidnapped by the PKK to start a sit-in protest.

“This is really a poor family. Erol has only few cows. He milks them and looks after his family — that is it, but we love our son. The state or whoever should help us to rescue him,” a close relative of the Bockum family that chose not to be identified told Al-Monitor over the weekend. “We were told in particular that one of the girls resisted so strongly — but to no avail. Her parents came to our tent. Aysel [Sinan's mother] told them to come and sit with us until we get our kids back. They never have come back. No one understands how courageous it is for this family to stand up against the PKK here, in their heartland.”

That courage brought their son back. Sinan was dropped by the PKK near his house late in the evening of May 4, 12 days after leaving his house on Turkey's 91st National Sovereignty and Children’s Day.

“He was returned to us late last night, and he is all right now,” the father told Al-Monitor on May 5. “As he is home with me, we don’t want to be on the news any longer.” He thanked all for their interest and hung up the phone. A local speaking to Al-Monitor said, “The family does not even want to show the face of their son to the media. They are fearful that this is not over yet.”

Sinan was questioned at the counterterrorism branch of the Diyarbakir police department for a few hours the morning after his return. All that is known to the public so far is that Sinan’s eyes were tightly closed during his ride from where he was held to the point where he was dropped near his house, and that he had no knowledge of his whereabouts. He was also separated from the rest of the children abducted, and therefore has no clue of their locations, either.

“Some have already returned safely to their families, and no one can really keep the account right about them here,” a local in Lice told Al-Monitor. “People know each other here, and they have a close network with the PKK. That is how it works. But this family has nobody, and they are so poor, and they created a scene out of this that made a lot of people angry.”

While this incident came to a happy resolution for the Bockum family, police reports circulated in the Turkish media May 5 that the PKK has kidnapped 331 children in the last six months. Even that is still not the whole story.

“The PKK also kidnapped my son on April 9. It’s been 27 days, do you understand that?” Ahmet Karasin asked Al-Monitor May 5. “Ali will turn 18 in August. So what will happen now? We are happy for Sinan that he was returned because he was 15, but I am at a disadvantage because my son is about to become of full legal age. I also want my son back. But how do we speak up here? Who cares about us? Write this down well, so people learn about our pain and what it means to be poor.” Karasin is a construction worker in Diyarbakir and hardly able to make ends meet. He said that Ali had been attending some meetings with PKK sympathizers.

“He may be turning 18, and then I may have less of a right as his guardian, but he is still my son and it does not change the fact that I don’t want my son to join the PKK’s fight. This kid left school two years ago, but he is still trying to finish by taking courses from a correspondence school. He goes to mosque and takes lessons to read the Quran. We have not heard from him since he went to his Quran course on April 9, and we know he was also abducted by the PKK.”

Muhsine Ucakan, the mother of 22-year-old Sultan, also came forward after Sinan’s safe return to his parents.

“We kept silent so far, but I also want my daughter back. Please, she has epilepsy. Her health is not well. Give her back to me,” she said. While those who come forward to speak to the media and rally the nation for the rescue of their children are few in number, their outcry tells a different kind of a story about the PKK’s representation of the Kurds — at least for some in the region. Unfortunately, maybe because the people of Turkey are so conflicted about Kurdish approval of PKK tactics, these abductions do not get their fair share of coverage by the mainstream media. Alas, think about this: If 25 children were to be abducted in the western part of the country, all in once, people would have already hit the streets demanding the state use all its power to rescue them. As the Kurds in the region don’t present the same kind of reaction, their silence when their children are lost can be puzzling. On the other side of the token, the state may be rightfully accused of treating its citizens unequally by failing to respond to PKK kidnappings with full force.

The Erdogan government has not accused the PKK of violating the cease-fire that was put in effect in March 2013, and has kept quite about these latest incidents. The PKK abducted two military officers in broad daylight on April 27 at a point close to Lice, in protest of a gendarmerie post under construction at Abali, a nearby village. Nine soldiers were also wounded in the fighting that broke out later that day with PKK sympathizers.

People’s Democratic Party (HDP) members negotiated with the PKK to free the soldiers, which they did May 1. The HDP's Istanbul deputy Sirri Sureyya Onder told reporters, “We recovered these soldiers and in return promised the PKK that we will resist through political channels. I promised them that we will stop the building of these gendarmerie posts.”

Also just in the last few weeks, the PKK kidnapped seven cell-phone company employees May 24 in Diyarbakir. Five were freed, but there is still no news about the two people remaining in their hands. On April 17, the PKK kidnapped four construction workers at a nearby dam in Diyarbakir and released them after three days in Elazig. The list goes on.

The path ahead for Kurdish citizens who don’t toe the line with the PKK is looking more challenging as the peace process has visibly and undeniably made the PKK the sole representative of the Kurds in the region, and their dominance does not promise the glory that many of its sympathizers believe it does.

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/05/father-faces-pkk-rescues-son.html##ixzz32q5EAbiN

gültekin
05-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Families want their kids back from PKK
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/images/news/201405/n_66743_1.jpg
A group of families holds a sit-in protest in front of the Diyarbakır Metropolitan Municipality, claiming that the PKK has kidnapped their children. AA photo
A group of families on May 20 began a sit-in protest in the southeastern province of Diyarbakır Municipality, expressing their anger at the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), which allegedly kidnapped their children.

Families carried photographs of their children and placards reading, ”Kids should hold pencils, not guns,” and “15-year-olds don’t have political ideas.”

Families told reporters they would continue their actions until their children were found.

They said in a press meeting a day earlier that two boys and one girl at the age of 15 went missing.
Safiye Gündüz said she had not heard from her daughter for 27 days.

Families say two of the children were deceived by PKK members during a picnic in Diyarbakır on April 23 and taken to join the PKK forces. Another child from southern Adana did not return from an April 4 meeting in southwestern Şanlıurfa, where the child had gone to join a demonstration to mark the birthday of the jailed PKK leader Abdullah Öcalan.
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/families-want-their-kids-back-from-pkk.aspx?pageID=238&nID=66743&NewsCatID=341

Feral
05-26-2014, 08:24 PM
Thread cleaned. This is a forum, not the street nor a battle field, so avoid insults and unnecesary violent confrontations. If the thread goes this way again, it would be deleted.

gültekin
05-28-2014, 05:09 PM
PKK ‘abductions’ heat up Kurdish bid debate
Tension grows between the AKP and the opposition over the PM’s ‘orders’ to bring back children who have reportedly been kidnapped by the PKK
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/images/news/201405/n_67074_1.jpg
A group of families make a press statement in the southeastern province of Diyarbakır for their children kidnapped by the PKK on May 27

Parliament’s pro-Kurdish bloc has moved to work for the release of children who joined the outlawed Kurdistan Worker’s Party (PKK) following threats of an operation by the prime minister, increasing the pressure on Turkey’s slow-moving peace process.

Peace and Democracy Party (BDP) leader Selahattin Demirtaş held a meeting yesterday with the families of children who were “abducted” by the PKK, eight days after the families began a sit-in protest in front of Diyarbakır Metropolitan Municipality. The number of families had risen to 16 as of May 28.

“Demirtaş told us he would speak with Kandil [the mountain range in northern Iraq where the PKK has its military headquarters],” said Mahfuze Eren, in a statement on behalf of the missing children’s mothers following their meeting with the BDP co-chair.

In Ankara, speaking at a press conference at the Parliament, Kemal Aktaş, a lawmaker for the Peoples’ Democracy Party (HDP), the BDP’s sister party, said they had been closely involved in looking for a resolution to the issue.

“At the moment, BDP leader Selahattin Demirtaş is holding talks with the families; the families have not been abandoned,” Aktaş said.

In response to repeated questions on the issue, Demirtaş said the children went to the mountains of their own will. “Going to the mountains,” is a phrase used in Turkey to refer to those who join the PKK’s armed fight in mountainous areas.

Demirtaş’s action comes amid growing public pressure which has also been fuelled by a call from Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on May 27.

“Hey BDP, HDP, where are you?” Erdoğan said, addressing a parliamentary group meeting of his ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP). “Well, sometimes you go [to Kandil], make agreements, take news and bring it back. Go and get these children, too. You know their addresses very well. You know where everything is extremely well. You will go, take [the children] and come back. If you don’t, we will operate using our plan B and plan C,” Erdoğan said May 27.

Operation ruled out

Holding a rally in the eastern Anatolian province of Ağrı, in which local elections will be rerun on June 1, Erdoğan touched upon the issue again.

BDP and HDP politicians can bring back those who have been “kidnapped” by the PKK because of their collaboration with the group, Erdoğan said.

“I believe that you will not allow the sabotage of this beautiful process, this process of serenity and security,” Erdoğan said, referring to the long-stalled government-led initiative to solve the long-running issue by ending the three-decade-old conflict, dubbed the “peace process.”

Erdoğan said the Kurdish opposition parties had been torpedoing the peace process by remaining silent in the face of the issue of the children.

In the capital city, a senior executive of the AKP told daily Hürriyet that the state bodies would not stand idly by in the case.

“An operation is not desirable in this case,” the same executive, however, added, referring to Erdoğan’s remarks on alternative plans. “Since there are children under the full legal age, they may also get harmed due to such an operation. That’s why, in order not to reach that point, every means including diplomacy will be used for the resolution of the issue,” he said.

Meanwhile, the armed wing of the PKK, the People’s Defense Forces (HPG), refuted charges that it “abducted” children, maintaining that it complies with international conventions regarding the age of those joining their ranks.

“First and foremost we stress that everyone who joins the guerrilla ranks of the PKK does so on a voluntary basis. It is not possible for us to keep anyone in our ranks who does not want to be there, and no one has been abducted against their will. There is also an age limit,” the HPG was quoted as saying yesterday in a statement by the Fırat News Agency, which is ideologically close to the PKK. The HPG also noted that Turkey is not a safe country for children.

May/28/2014
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/bdp-co-chair-to-speak-with-kandil-to-free-children-abducted-by-pkk.aspx?pageID=238&nID=67074&NewsCatID=338

Rojava
05-29-2014, 09:05 PM
HPG rejects accusations of ‘child abduction’

The HPG Central Region Command has rejected claims that ‘children have been abducted’, saying that some families are being used as a tool by those waging psychological warfare. The HPG added: "The colonialist Turkish state is not a safe country for children.”

The HPG Central Region Command responded to recent Turkish government and media claims of ‘child abduction’. The HPG emphasised that it complies with international conventions as regards the age of those joining the guerrilla ranks.
The HP statement is as follows: "In the recent period there has been an increase in the youth of Kurdistan joining the guerrilla ranks as a result of the failure of the Colonialist Turkish state to make a positive response to the process of democratic resolution launched by Leader Apo. The Turkish Psychological War Office, unable to prevent this increasing participation, has duped some families and portrayed them as ‘families whose children have been abducted’, as part of an effort to slow down the rate of this participation and confuse minds.

First and foremost we stress that everyone who joins the guerrilla ranks of the PKK does so on a voluntary basis. It is not possible for us to keep anyone in our ranks who does not want to be there, and no one has been abducted against their will. There is also an age limit. There are existing agreements that our Central Command has made with international organisations and these are binding for us. Consequently, if someone is not of the right age, they are sent back by the decision of our movement, not because someone wants it to happen. This applies to everyone, as it is well known that the colonialist Turkish state is subjecting many of our children to inhuman, immoral treatment, including rape, in its prisons. Since such a situation would be perilous for a section of our young people and lead to calamity, we educate them in areas beyond the war zone, rather than sending them back. There is absolutely no question of our placing anyone underage in armed conflict.

It is evident that these efforts of the AKP and intelligence organisations are futile and will yield no result. All patriotic families should be aware of these new tactics of the Psychological War Office to obstruct participation in the guerrilla ranks and not allow themselves to be used. We call on everyone to be aware of this black propaganda."

---------------------------

Pretty much sums up everything. Erdogan should stop playing these dirty tricks and jump off a cliff. Lets say it was true though, what on Earth makes them think it was the PKK who abducted their children anyway? And why are they on a picnic while the entire city is rioting? This is just ridiculous.

Rojava
06-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Protest family apologises to BDP

One of the families holding a protest in Amed, claiming that their children had been abducted by the PKK and holding the BDP responsible, have issued an apology. Murat Çetiner, on behalf of the family, said: “We would like to apologise to the BDP and our people. We will no longer allow ourselves to be used in this way. We call on the government to find a solution and not ruin the peace process.”

The family held a press conference with HDP MP Nursel Aydoğan, who said there was a rise in the numbers of those joining the PKK on account of the failure of the government to state in detail how progress could be made in the peace process, adding: “instead of stepping up the search for a solution to the Kurdish question, some people are using the feelings of families to put pressure on the BDP and PKK.”

We blamed the wrong people

Murat Çetiner added: “Our children joined the guerrillas, and we reacted emotionally and put the blame in the wrong place. The reason our children went into the mountains was because the AKP government has played for time over the last year. We do not want any more young people to be killed. We say to the government: ‘don’t use our pain to implement plan B or C to bomb the mountains. Don't use our children as an excuse for more killings.’ The best thing you can do is ensure there is a democratic solution to the Kurdish question.”

Case closed :)

gültekin
06-01-2014, 08:20 AM
u fucking moron and your fucking terrorrist propaganda , "15 years" old childrens are they. nothing is closed

Rojava
06-01-2014, 08:23 AM
u fucking moron and your fucking terrorrist propaganda , "15 years" old childrens are they. nothing is closed

Lol their own parents apologized for blaming the PKK when they said themselves they should have blamed the government. What's more to say? Butthurt right headed dick....

gültekin
06-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Lol their own parents apologized for blaming the PKK when they said themselves they should have blamed the government. What's more to say? Butthurt right headed dick....
of course thats you will already say u fucking terrorrists

Rojava
06-01-2014, 12:32 PM
of course thats you will already say u fucking terrorrists

Learn English.

legolasbozo
06-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Gültekin şu 16 yaşında, zamanında esmerliğinden, çirkinliğinden utanıp "babaannem ispanyol" diyecek kadar ezik bebeye niye cevap veriyorsun arkadaş sen? Lan adam türkiye'de değil, bu toprağın insanı değil, dıdının dıdısı. İnternette her böyle adama cevap vermeye kalksak ohooo, gerek yok kardeş böyle boş beleş işlere.

Rojava
06-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Gültekin şu 16 yaşında, zamanında esmerliğinden, çirkinliğinden utanıp "babaannem ispanyol" diyecek kadar ezik bebeye niye cevap veriyorsun arkadaş sen? Lan adam türkiye'de değil, bu toprağın insanı değil, dıdının dıdısı. İnternette her böyle adama cevap vermeye kalksak ohooo, gerek yok kardeş böyle boş beleş işlere.

Leave me family out of this you dick hole. I don't know Turkish much, but how about you trying talking in English? You keep on talking about my family and you insult my family but how would you feel if I was talking about yours? You fucking faggot. You don't know next to shit about who I am, so stop acting as if you do. Now go and suck your Sultan Erdogan's dick.

And to that Kemalist wanker:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/EI0FzE1aXEo/0.jpg