PDA

View Full Version : "whitest" near eastern peaple in your opinion

Yehiel
05-27-2014, 12:24 AM
I think it a tie between the palestinians and the lebanese what, what about you?

zhaoyun
05-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Came in to say Lebanese, though Palestinians and Syrians are right there.

Yehiel
05-27-2014, 12:27 AM
Came in to say Lebanese, though Palestinians and Syrians are right there.

yeah its a hard one, ive seen lebanese palestinians and syrians who can easily pass on european

Also
05-27-2014, 02:23 AM
Israelis.

Annihilus
05-27-2014, 02:24 AM
Israelis.

this, converts

Mortimer
05-27-2014, 02:32 AM
levantines, kurds, persians, berbers

arcticwolf
05-27-2014, 02:34 AM
Isrealis. That isn't even for debate.

cally
05-27-2014, 02:39 AM
Lebanese Christians

Black Wolf
05-27-2014, 02:39 AM
French.

War Chef
05-27-2014, 02:47 AM
South Ossetians are genetically the most European.

Some Turks are as well.

arcticwolf
05-27-2014, 02:49 AM
French.

That's mean! LOL

randomguy1235
05-27-2014, 03:03 AM
If Anatolians aren't considered Middle Eastern, then I'd say Syrians. If they are, then it's Anatolians.

Yehiel
05-27-2014, 03:05 AM
If Anatolians aren't considered Middle Eastern, then I'd say Syrians. If they are, then it's Anatolians.

interesting so you say a average syrian is lighter then a Pali or druze or lebanese?

Sikeliot
05-27-2014, 03:06 AM
Palestinians and Lebanese.

randomguy1235
05-27-2014, 03:07 AM
interesting so you say a average syrian is lighter then a Pali or druze or lebanese?

In my experience, yes

Yehiel
05-27-2014, 03:08 AM
In my experience, yes

In my expierence they are almost just as "white" as palis so i think its logical

Alessio
05-27-2014, 03:09 AM
Albino people from the Near East. :ranger:

StonyArabia
05-27-2014, 05:19 AM
Syrians from the Arab speakers, Anatolians from the non-Arab speakers that is if they are considered Near Eastern. If the Caucasus is part of the Near East it would be North Caucasians.

Anglojew
05-27-2014, 05:31 AM
Druze

Incal
05-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Lebanese Christians

This.

Isleño
05-27-2014, 09:44 AM
I think the Lebanese people would probably be the "whitest". People saying Israel/Jews.....but Jews are mixed with European heavily, so that should disqualify them. But with that said, I've seen equally "white" Syrians and Palestinians. But maybe Lebanese takes the cake. If Turks count as Near Eastern, they would probably be the whitest, but like the Jews, they have heavy European admixture. So I guess I'll stick with Lebanese.

wvwvw
05-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Probably Turks

wvwvw
05-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Lebanese, Syrians, Israelites Palestinians,
Berbers, Armenians and Georgians.

Armenians and Georgians aren't Middle East

wvwvw
05-27-2014, 09:56 AM
I think the Lebanese people would probably be the "whitest". People saying Israel/Jews.....but Jews are mixed with European heavily, so that should disqualify them. But with that said, I've seen equally "white" Syrians and Palestinians. But maybe Lebanese takes the cake. If Turks count as Near Eastern, they would probably be the whitest, but like the Jews, they have heavy European admixture. So I guess I'll stick with Lebanese.

The Lebanese are whitest but a great many of them have Syrian, Turkish, Circassian, Greek and even French ancestry and they aren't whiter than Syrians

Turks don' have 'heavy' european admixture. Only a minority do, they are clearly a middle eastern population both racially and culturally.

Isleño
05-27-2014, 09:58 AM
The Lebanese are whitest but a great many of them have Syrian, Turkish, Circassian, Greek and even French ancestry and they aren't whiter than Syrians

Possibly so. I know all the ones I've seen were pretty white.

wvwvw
05-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Possibly so. I know all the ones I've seen were pretty white.

I forgot Armenians. There are large Armenian communities in Syria and Lebanon. The whitest lebanese, Syrians, Assyrians etc I have seen did have some Armenian ancestry.

Isleño
05-27-2014, 10:06 AM

Turks don' have 'heavy' european admixture. Only a minority do, they are clearly a middle eastern population both racially and culturally.

I guess I was thinking more about western Turkey. But I guess for an overall Turkish result, they are probably around 20-25% combined Euro.

Isleño
05-27-2014, 10:07 AM
I forgot Armenians. There are large Armenian communities in Syria and Lebanon. The whitest lebanese, Syrians, Assyrians etc I have seen did have some Armenian ancestry.Well most all people have some admixture from neighboring populations.

Dombra
05-27-2014, 10:24 AM
Israelis and Levantines

The Illyrian Warrior
05-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Jews and Levatines, in specific Lebanese.

Leliana
05-27-2014, 04:57 PM
Ashkenazi Israelites.

War Chef
05-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Ashkenazi Israelites.

It is sweet of you to pay off your karmic debt, Leliana, but I think the submarines (http://www.thelocal.de/20120603/42917) were enough.

Maleficent
05-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Georgians, Chechens, Circassians, etc.

Duh.

Smeagol
05-28-2014, 09:39 PM
North Caucasus is part of Europe, not Middle East. This is a geographic fact.

Yehiel
05-28-2014, 09:47 PM
Georgians, Chechens, Circassians, etc.

Duh.

Hello, have not talked in a while. I just started posting again also, but what about middle East?

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 04:11 PM

That's not what you really believe. That's what you want to believe and spread because you're butthurt and full of hatred. Fucking whore.

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Syrians, Lebanese and Palestinian people are probably the whitest. Some Jordanese, also.

StonyArabia
05-30-2014, 05:19 PM
We are all White

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AitTPI5U0&feature=kp

Sikeliot
05-30-2014, 05:28 PM
I forgot Cypriots. I count them as Near Eastern, and they are the whitest.

Smaug
05-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Israelis, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese.

Maleficent
05-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Hello, have not talked in a while.Hello, have not talked in a while either.

I just started posting again also, Took a break 'cause the forums are psycho, but now I'm back and psycho again.
but what about middle East?The nations I mentioned are Middle East, unless you have a set definition in this thread.

StonyArabia
05-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Israelis, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese.

We are all White. It's the Whiteness within yo. Gotta Whitefy them all.

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 06:04 PM

They count themselves as Greek islanders and as Europeans, traditionally all islands in the Mediterranean count as European. genetics is not everything you know.

You can think whatever you like, but Cypriots feel no kinship to Middle East whatsoever.

I view them as Greek islanders too, no Greek view them as 'Levantines'

By insisting on calling them something they don't identify with, you are showing great disrespect towards them. They belong to the periphery of Europe but culturally they are still Europe.

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 06:05 PM

Ah, yea, I forgot about them as well. Cypriots compete with the Lebanese.

Sikeliot
05-30-2014, 06:06 PM
You can think whatever you like, I am stating the fact that Cypriots feel no kinship to Middle East whatsoever.

I am referring to genetics/appearance in this thread. Of course they are culturally European.

StonyArabia
05-30-2014, 06:10 PM
You can think whatever you like, but Cypriots feel no kinship to Middle East whatsoever.

Yes true, because they are part of Occidental civilization.

Maleficent
05-30-2014, 06:10 PM
That's not what you really believe. That's what you want to believe and spread because you're butthurt and full of hatred. Fucking whore.Raine is a strange little girl but calling her a 'fucking whore' is rather uncalled for.
Syrians, Lebanese and Palestinian people are probably the whitest. Some Jordanese, also.You yourself are Whiter-Near Eastern than that. Anatolian-Turks are Middle Eastern, not European. Come back down to earth, sweetie.

Sidi Atlas
05-30-2014, 06:12 PM
levantines, kurds, persians, berbers

Berbers are not Near Eastern.

StonyArabia
05-30-2014, 06:13 PM
You yourself are Whiter-Near Eastern than that. Anatolian-Turks are Middle Eastern, not European. Come back down to earth, sweetie.
+1

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 06:17 PM

By insisting on calling them something they don't identify with, you are showing great disrespect towards them. They belong to the periphery of Europe but culturally they are still Europe.

What you say also applies to Turks. Not that they consider themselves European; but Turks don't wanna get associated with the Middle East either. Anatolia is a region on its own, it's at crossroads.

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Anatolian-Turks are Middle Eastern, not European.

I don't say they are European. But they are not Middle Eastern either. If Turks don't feel Middle Eastern you can't count them as Middle Eastern. Geographically Anatolia is a different region that shouldn't be included in the Middle East, just like Caucasia. It's called "Asia Minor".

Geographically Turks are Eurasian. Culturally diverse, not homogenous. Racially diverse too. There's nothing that makes Turks Middle Eastern. If a few elements make them so; then what about European influences? why are they ignored?

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 06:42 PM

It's better to compete with the Lebanese than with indo-iranians, and arabomongols and gypsies that Mongrelized Turks compete with

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 06:47 PM
What you say also applies to Turks. Not that they consider themselves European; but Turks don't wanna get associated with the Middle East either. Anatolia is a region on its own, it's at crossroads.

That does NOT apply to Turks asshole. Turks are not only genetically Middle Eastern, but culturally, historically, and traditionally Middle Eastern. And the vast majority of Turks look more middle eastern than any Cypriot.

Europe started to define itself as a reaction to the appearance of Turks. Europanized =/= European. But you are not even that.

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 06:52 PM
I don't say they are European. But they are not Middle Eastern either. If Turks don't feel Middle Eastern you can't count them as Middle Eastern. Geographically Anatolia is a different region that shouldn't be included in the Middle East, just like Caucasia. It's called "Asia Minor".

Geographically Turks are Eurasian. Culturally diverse, not homogenous. Racially diverse too. There's nothing that makes Turks Middle Eastern. If a few elements make them so; then what about European influences? why are they ignored?

Who said Turks don't feel middle eastern? ask the turkish men that marry child brides, the vast majority of the turkish populace that vote for islamic parties, ask your politician who often talk about the decadent west, and finally ask all your neighbours.

How " you" feel is irrelevant if your history' traditions' etc show otherwise

Visitor_22
05-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Israelis...

Are they Near East? if they are, then them.

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Who said Turks don't feel middle eastern? ask the turkish men that marry child brides, the vast majority of the turkish populace that vote for islamic parties, ask your politician who often talk about the decadent west, and finally ask all your neighbours.

How " you" feel is irrelevant if your history' traditions' etc show otherwise

Turkish men don't marry child brides. It's unfortunately a common practice in the Eastern parts of the country that Kurds form the overwhelming majority.

Germans vote for Christian democrats does it mean they hate secularism? no. Turks have the very right to vote for conservative parties just as Europeans do.

Sorry but your argument was about how Cypriots felt non-Middle Eastern, but when it comes to Turks it's irrelevant? your posts are all contradictory. It's not the first time.

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 07:01 PM
That does NOT apply to Turks asshole. Turks are not only genetically Middle Eastern, but culturally, historically, and traditionally Middle Eastern. And the vast majority of Turks look more middle eastern than any Cypriot.

Europe started to define itself as a reaction to the appearance of Turks. Europanized =/= European. But you are not even that.

Oh, come on, who gives a shit about your groundless statements? it's obvious that your butt has a deep scar.

Hadouken
05-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Turkish men don't marry child brides. It's unfortunately a common practice in the Eastern parts of the country that Kurds form the overwhelming majority.

are you out of your mind or what ? we dont do such things

neither in my family nor in people from my region I have ever heard of such a thing happen ...wtf

neither have I heard other kurds doing it

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 07:06 PM
are you out of your mind or what ? we dont do such things

neither in my family nor in people from my region I have ever heard of such a thing happen ...wtf

No I didn't mean that all Kurds practice that; only a small minority of them does, I know. Kurdish political figures have done well to reduce that. No need to be offended bro.

Hadouken
05-30-2014, 07:09 PM
No I didn't mean that all Kurds practice that; only a small minority of them does, I know. Kurdish political figures have done well to reduce that. No need to be offended bro.

like I said I have never heard of it happening

some people have done idiotic things like "honor killings" etc. but child brides ? nah

but anyway ...back to topic

sometimes it seems that lebanese and other people are the "whitest" only because of the Levantine influence of certain european places :rolleyes2:

not that it is a big deal ...they can have it

but it seems a little weird to me

Kiyant
05-30-2014, 07:10 PM

some people have done idiotic things like "honor killings" etc. but child brides ? nah

There were several cases in Eastern Turkey (both Turks and Kurds) but those were isolated cases that assholes want to blow big to insult Turkey/Turks and Kurds

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 07:15 PM
I am referring to genetics/appearance in this thread. Of course they are culturally European.

This thread did not specify genetics only but I see you didn't miss a beat nevertheless

Like the snake you wait to hear the word cypriot to strike

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 07:17 PM

sometimes it seems that lebanese and other people are the "whitest" only because of the Levantine influence of certain european places :rolleyes2:

I know bro these assholes are condemned and despised by most Kurds. I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought that up. Kurds are my brother. ;)

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 07:17 PM
There were several cases in Eastern Turkey (both Turks and Kurds) but those were isolated cases that assholes want to blow big to insult Turkey/Turks and Kurds

Those people weren't from Eastern Turkey, they were from the Antalya region and elsewhere in Turkey. And don't separate Kurds from Turks. The vast majority of turks are kurdified and iranofied.

Kiyant
05-30-2014, 07:20 PM
Those people weren't from Eastern Turkey, they were from the Antalya region and elsewhere in Turkey. And don't separate Kurds from Turks. The vast majority of turks are kurdified and iranofied.

No they arent

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 07:20 PM

Oftest the whitest "Lebanese" and "Syrians" turn out to be armenians, greeks, lebanese with french ancestry, circassians etc

levantines used to be darker not lighter. You can see that in the ancient depictions that show them with darker skin and hooked noses.

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 07:26 PM

Polygamy and child brides is widespread in large parts of Turkey. The Europanized Turks are actually the minority. Even in pakistan and in egypt there is a Europanized minority but that doesn't make their countries European.

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 07:34 PM

Germans vote for Christian democrats does it mean they hate secularism? no. Turks have the very right to vote for conservative parties just as Europeans do.

Sorry but your argument was about how Cypriots felt non-Middle Eastern, but when it comes to Turks it's irrelevant? your posts are all contradictory. It's not the first time.

Secularism does not make a country European. Iraq used to be a secular country just like Turkey. Iran also used to be a secular country before the islamic revolution of 1979.

German Christian democrats are still Germans with everything that entails. Secular or not they are Europeans.

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 07:35 PM
Secularism does not make a country European. Iraq used to be a secular country just like Turkey. Iran also used to be a secular country before the islamic revolution of 1979.

German Christian democrats are still Germans with everything that entails.

None of those countries had "secularism" or "laicite" mentioned in their constitution. Turkey's case is different; it has acquired many stuff from France and Switzerland. Turkey uses the Swiss Civil Code for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Civil_Code

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Polygamy and child brides is widespread in large parts of Turkey.

And do you have source for that? let me guess; your scarred butt.

Kiyant
05-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Polygamy and child brides is widespread in large parts of Turkey. The Europanized Turks are actually the minority. Even in pakistan and in egypt there is a Europanized minority but that doesn't make their countries European.

That is simply not true

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 08:00 PM

Geographically only 3% of Turkey lies in Europe. And before you mention Cyprus again, Cyprus is in the European continent because all the Mediterranean islands are considered part of Europe, as all of them had a common history and civilization with their european continental brothers. (the brother here is Greece)

Turkey is diverse in the Middle Eastern context only. All its diversity is Middle Eastern. Europe is quite diverse too but all European countries are diverse in the European context (and that includes Bosnia)

Turkey would be diverse in the Eurasian context, if it hadn't exterminated every Greek, Bulgarian, Armenian etc from its soil. According to Helsinki Watch only 2000 Greeks are left in Turkey. You have burned all your bridges with Europe, and now you have none.

You can become as much europanized as you want, you are not European, never were and never will be. You may join the Europanized African and Asian countries and celebrate your Europeaness together -when you become Europanized enough- but don't expect any European to consider you European.

You are not Eurasian either. Eurasian are countries like Kazachstan, countries of the former Soviet Union. Those countries are indeed Eurasian because they are heavily influenced by Russia and large numbers of Russians/Europeans still live in those countries. They are diverse in the Eurasian context.

Sikeliot
05-30-2014, 08:02 PM
In some ways DNA testing did Cypriots a disservice. If not for that we'd just assume they are like any other Greek island, like Rhodes, Lesbos, Euboea, etc.

Hadouken
05-30-2014, 08:13 PM
That is simply not true

it really isnt but people will think what they wanna think

next someone will say that we fly on carpets , eat camels , and every family has a personal genie

btw. I find it funny that a european person accuses others with polygamy lol

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 08:21 PM
And do you have source for that? let me guess; your scarred butt.

Polygamy widespread in Turkey, study shows
21/01/2011
http://www.euractiv.com/enlargement/polygamy-widespread-turkey-study-news-501454

New focus on child brides in Turkey
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/01/turkey-marriage-child-brides-poverty-education-religion.html#

3 Evangelicals Found Slain in East Turkey
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/19/world/europe/19turkey.html?_r=1&

Italian Catholic priest stabbed in Turkey
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2007/12/16/uk-turkey-priest-idUKL1663948920071216

After Turks annihilated every minority from their soil now they declare:
Erdogan: assimilation is crime against humanity
http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=24314

Erdoğan: "Turkey Is Not a Country Where Moderate Islam Prevails"
http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2004/06/erdo287an-turkey-is-not-a-country-where

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-the-mosques-are-our-barracks-the-domes-our-helmets-the-minarets-our-bayonets-and-the-faithful-our-recep-tayyip-erdogan-227625.jpg

Hadouken
05-30-2014, 08:26 PM
only because there were certain incidents it doesnt mean much

Kemaliste did the mistake to ask you for links since you love to quote from other sites to prove something but the thing is that it is possible to find a lot of things by using uncle google (also untrue and dubious sites/sources) ....if I wanted I could find a link where a sack of rice fell over in tokyo

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 08:31 PM
None of those countries had "secularism" or "laicite" mentioned in their constitution. Turkey's case is different; it has acquired many stuff from France and Switzerland. Turkey uses the Swiss Civil Code for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Civil_Code

Uganda uses the English Civil Code and plenty of other African (and Asian) countries use European Civil Code. Add Turkey to the list.

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Polygamy widespread in Turkey, study shows
21/01/2011
http://www.euractiv.com/enlargement/polygamy-widespread-turkey-study-news-501454

New focus on child brides in Turkey
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/01/turkey-marriage-child-brides-poverty-education-religion.html#

3 Evangelicals Found Slain in East Turkey
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/19/world/europe/19turkey.html?_r=1&

Italian Catholic priest stabbed in Turkey
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2007/12/16/uk-turkey-priest-idUKL1663948920071216

After Turks annihilated every minority from their soil now they declare:
Erdogan: assimilation is crime against humanity
http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=24314

Erdoğan: "Turkey Is Not a Country Where Moderate Islam Prevails"
http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2004/06/erdo287an-turkey-is-not-a-country-where

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-the-mosques-are-our-barracks-the-domes-our-helmets-the-minarets-our-bayonets-and-the-faithful-our-recep-tayyip-erdogan-227625.jpg

None of these links proves polygamy is widespread in Turkey. Some even has nothing to do with that topic. Why am I even wasting my time with a retarded down syndromed girl anyway.

Maleficent
05-30-2014, 08:35 PM
In some ways DNA testing did Cypriots a disservice. If not for that we'd just assume they are like any other Greek island, like Rhodes, Lesbos, Euboea, etc.

I don't know, it should have been self-explanitory considering the geographic proximity to the Lebanon/Turkey area and not so much to Greece.

Kemalisté
05-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Uganda uses the English Civil Code and plenty of other African (and Asian) countries use European Civil Code. Add Turkey to the list.

Swiss Civil Code is much better, I think. Turkey is the only one using that except Switzerland. These African or Asian nations are mostly former British colonies. Turkish reforms were realized out of our own accord.

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 08:41 PM
I don't know, it should have been self-explanitory considering the geographic proximity to the Lebanon/Turkey area and not so much to Greece.

Cypriots still carry significant Greek DNA, and that is also reflected in their looks. So, it's not like they are a completely alien population that got Hellenized.

wvwvw
05-30-2014, 08:58 PM
None of these links proves polygamy is widespread in Turkey. Some even has nothing to do with that topic. Why am I even wasting my time with a retarded down syndromed girl anyway.

A Story of War and Polygamy
As Syria's civil war bleeds into a third year, a rise in polygamy is taking place on the Turkish side of the border

Author: Elcin Poyrazlar
Posted: 12/13/13 08:30 EDT

As the civil war in Syria continues to rage, a spike in polygamy has taken place on the Turkish side of the border. The reason: Desperate young women are fleeing their battle-scarred nation, and there are plenty of Turkish men who want a second wife.
http://www.vocativ.com/world/syria-world/story-war-polygamy/

legolasbozo
05-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Raine sorry but you are full of hatred, seriously you need a partner for relaxing. You know what i mean?

Ice
05-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Laz/Georgians are "whiter" than turks. Turks are "whiter" than Armenians. armenians are "whiter" than kurds. Kurds are "whiter" than arabs etc..

this doesn't make them white or european ofcourse..

StonyArabia
05-30-2014, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=Raine;2685514] Iraq used to be a secular country just like Turkey/QUOTE]

Iraq is doing pretty well for a country that went through 3 decades of war and societal meltdown.

Dzihadovic
05-30-2014, 09:23 PM
+1

∫1 dx

Isleño
05-31-2014, 04:11 AM

I still believe Turks do have substantial European admixture, in the range around 1/3, closer to 30%.

I found a few things on Turks:

"Turkey has experienced major population movements. Population structure and genetic relatedness of samples from three regions of Turkey, using over 500,000 SNP genotypes, were compared together with Human Genome Diversity Panel (HGDP) data. To obtain a more representative sampling from Central Asia, Kyrgyz samples (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan) were genotyped and analysed. Principal component (PC) analysis reveals a significant overlap between Turks and Middle Easterners and a relationship with Europeans and South and Central Asians; however, the Turkish genetic structure is unique. FRAPPE, STRUCTURE, and phylogenetic analyses support the PC analysis depending upon the number of parental ancestry components chosen. For example, supervised STRUCTURE (K= 3) illustrates a genetic ancestry for the Turks of 45% Middle Eastern (95% CI, 42–49), 40% European (95% CI, 36–44) and 15% Central Asian (95% CI, 13–16), whereas at K= 4 the genetic ancestry of the Turks was 38% European (95% CI, 35–42), 35% Middle Eastern (95% CI, 33–38), 18% South Asian (95% CI, 16–19) and 9% Central Asian (95% CI, 7–11). PC analysis and FRAPPE/STRUCTURE results from three regions in Turkey (Aydin, Istanbul and Kayseri) were superimposed, without clear subpopulation structure, suggesting sample homogeneity. Thus, this study demonstrates admixture of Turkish people reflecting the population migration patterns."

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-1809.2011.00701.x/abstract

Here's a bar graph on autosomal results from Dodecad Ancestry Project, looks like around 30% Euro for Turks:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h4kHKxJlJj0/TfEheyAdBgI/AAAAAAAAAh0/e9afB3EgOzc/s1600/ADMIXTURE_10.png

Here's a spreadsheet from Dodecad Ancestry Project, here the Euro is almost 30% (Turks are #14):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArAJcY18g2GadDc3bEI3ek1uSHBRdnREN1JoYkozX 3c&authkey=CPiC1coM&hl=en&authkey=CPiC1coM#gid=0

As for Lebanese and Syrians, it seems Lebanese are more Levantine than Syrians on average according to this admixture analysis (autosomal result) from a DNA Tribes study, with Syrians having a larger Arabian component than Lebanese and around the same European, which is barely any (that's why I said I think Lebanese seem whiter, Syrians have more Arabian):

http://i58.tinypic.com/2070ot2.jpg

Kemalisté
05-31-2014, 01:52 PM
I still believe Turks do have substantial European admixture, in the range around 1/3, closer to 30%.

I found a few things on Turks:

"Turkey has experienced major population movements. Population structure and genetic relatedness of samples from three regions of Turkey, using over 500,000 SNP genotypes, were compared together with Human Genome Diversity Panel (HGDP) data. To obtain a more representative sampling from Central Asia, Kyrgyz samples (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan) were genotyped and analysed. Principal component (PC) analysis reveals a significant overlap between Turks and Middle Easterners and a relationship with Europeans and South and Central Asians; however, the Turkish genetic structure is unique. FRAPPE, STRUCTURE, and phylogenetic analyses support the PC analysis depending upon the number of parental ancestry components chosen. For example, supervised STRUCTURE (K= 3) illustrates a genetic ancestry for the Turks of 45% Middle Eastern (95% CI, 42–49), 40% European (95% CI, 36–44) and 15% Central Asian (95% CI, 13–16), whereas at K= 4 the genetic ancestry of the Turks was 38% European (95% CI, 35–42), 35% Middle Eastern (95% CI, 33–38), 18% South Asian (95% CI, 16–19) and 9% Central Asian (95% CI, 7–11). PC analysis and FRAPPE/STRUCTURE results from three regions in Turkey (Aydin, Istanbul and Kayseri) were superimposed, without clear subpopulation structure, suggesting sample homogeneity. Thus, this study demonstrates admixture of Turkish people reflecting the population migration patterns."

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-1809.2011.00701.x/abstract

Here's a bar graph on autosomal results from Dodecad Ancestry Project, looks like around 30% Euro for Turks:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h4kHKxJlJj0/TfEheyAdBgI/AAAAAAAAAh0/e9afB3EgOzc/s1600/ADMIXTURE_10.png

Here's a spreadsheet from Dodecad Ancestry Project, here the Euro is almost 30% (Turks are #14):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArAJcY18g2GadDc3bEI3ek1uSHBRdnREN1JoYkozX 3c&authkey=CPiC1coM&hl=en&authkey=CPiC1coM#gid=0

As for Lebanese and Syrians, it seems Lebanese are more Levantine than Syrians on average according to this admixture analysis (autosomal result) from a DNA Tribes study, with Syrians having a larger Arabian component than Lebanese and around the same European, which is barely any (that's why I said I think Lebanese seem whiter, Syrians have more Arabian):

http://i58.tinypic.com/2070ot2.jpg

According to the map; Turks seem more or less similar to Americans.

StonyArabia
06-03-2014, 11:32 PM
According to the map; Turks seem more or less similar to Americans.

what do you think of it?

Kemalisté
06-03-2014, 11:56 PM
what do you think of it?

Well; it's cool. Obviously Turkey is a heavily heterogeneous nation just like the US. The difference being the US mostly has come to that point thanks to immigrations and such so I think Turkey's case is naturally unique. That's why we Turks get pissed off about narrow classifications.

EyeOfTheTiger
06-04-2014, 12:43 AM
lebanese, palestinians, kurds

Yehiel
06-04-2014, 12:47 AM
I change my answer to druze

MarkyMark
06-05-2014, 02:58 AM
Syriacs, meaning Syrian Jacobites, Syriac Catholics, and Syriac Maronites of Lebanon, and even many Levantine Arabs(either muslim or christian).

StonyArabia
06-05-2014, 03:03 AM
I change my answer to druze

Yeah they are very light but the question is nonsense it's like asking how is the brownist European.

Yehiel
06-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Yeah they are very light but the question is nonsense it's like asking how is the brownist European.

yeah thats exactly what im asking lol

robertsmith
06-07-2014, 07:03 AM
1) Lebanese, Syrian
2) Palestine

armenianbodyhair
06-07-2014, 07:16 AM
Druze, LC, kurds

robertsmith
06-07-2014, 07:28 AM
I wonder if near eastern people wish their skin-color is lighter, since the people they allegedly dislike is White.

Maleficent
06-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Druze, LC, kurds

PC.

ASSYRIAN_Libra
06-07-2014, 02:56 PM
I would say Turks since they are mix anyway.

ASSYRIAN_Libra
06-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Syriacs, meaning Syrian Jacobites, Syriac Catholics, and Syriac Maronites of Lebanon, and even many Levantine Arabs(either muslim or christian).

You mean Assyrians

randomguy1235
06-07-2014, 03:25 PM
PC.

Why Christian counterparts? I'm sure my immediate family and relatives are lighter-complexioned than the vast majority of Christian Palis I've seen.

MINARDOWICZ
06-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Mizrahi Jews? Lebaneze Druze? Maybe? Also, some groups of Palestinians are quite white, most, actually, despite what people say. The K15 results obviously had one of these samples. Not very mixed AT ALL.

Hubal
06-07-2014, 07:24 PM
alawites, druze and west syrians

Arcadefire
06-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Nordo Iranians?

Maleficent
06-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Why Christian counterparts? I'm sure my immediate family and relatives are lighter-complexioned than the vast majority of Christian Palis I've seen.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

I've seen plenty of natural blonde and redheaded Palestinian-Muslims, whereas most of the fair Palestinian-Christians are dark hair/white skin/light eyes types.

Anyway, I am still under the belief and theory that all Levantine-Muslims cluster together and also all Levantine-Christians cluster together. Don't be surprised if you end up with cousins from allover the Levant when you finally do 23andme.

Morford
06-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Why does it matter? They're all rug merchants. Iranians are supposed to be Aryans. Check the Nuremberg laws from 1935.

Kemalisté
06-07-2014, 11:47 PM
alawites, druze and west syrians

Yea Syrian Alawites are quite white and modern as well. My favorite Arabs ever.

StonyArabia
06-08-2014, 12:00 AM
Yea Syrian Alawites are quite white and modern as well. My favorite Arabs ever.

They are not, they follow mainstream 12er Shiaism which was brought to them from the clergy of Najaf and Musa Al-Sadr a prominent Shia missionary. Very few of them follow their original Nusari believe. They are not White as people often assume they are. Their origins is mixture of Iranic, Semitic, and possibly Crusader origins intermixed together. Their sect originated in Southern Iraq but was rejected and it gained following in the coastal areas of Syria.

MarkyMark
06-08-2014, 12:58 AM
You mean Assyrians

No, I mean Syriacs. No family in Iraq, no relations to Nestorians or any former Nestorians who going to Syriac churches.

Smeagol
06-08-2014, 01:01 AM
Kurds, Turks, Lebanese.

Dynamo
06-28-2014, 04:14 PM

No they don't, Cypriots are way lighter than levantines ffs. People are seriously whitewashing the fuck out of the levantines and darkening Cypriots. This is a joke.

Kemalisté
06-28-2014, 04:23 PM
No they don't, Cypriots are way lighter than levantines ffs. People are seriously whitewashing the fuck out of the levantines and darkening Cypriots. This is a joke.

Go stone your mom dude.

Dynamo
06-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Go stone your mom dude.

Shut the fuck up, your mom is sucking my dick right now. I'll tell her to Skype you once I slap my piece on her face.

Styrian Mujo
06-28-2014, 04:46 PM
Georgians and Armenians. They are slightly more European than southern Italians.

ASSYRIAN_Libra
06-28-2014, 05:22 PM
No, I mean Syriacs. No family in Iraq, no relations to Nestorians or any former Nestorians who going to Syriac churches.

Syriacs are Assyrians

MarkyMark
06-29-2014, 01:45 AM
Syriacs are Assyrians

Well you're wrong.

StonyArabia
06-29-2014, 02:07 AM
Well you're wrong.

I don't know much about Syriacs, but they do cluster with Assyrians based on the genetic tests that I have seen their genomes are identical. Some Syriacs from Turkey identify as Assyrians, as well from Iraq, they belong to the Syrian Orthodox church, the majority of Iraqi Christians are Chaldean Catholics who are Assyrians who joined communion with Rome, and Nestorians, I believe most are the latter though.

ASSYRIAN_Libra
06-29-2014, 03:15 AM
Well you're wrong.

How I am wrong? Have you ever meant these claimed Syriacs? Syriac is basically a name of a Assyrian language and church and those that do say Syriac are actually Orthodox and you will find them in New Jersey or in Mass they all say Assyrian from the Syriac Orthodox church. A Great Assyrian nationalist and poet who pass away last year, Ninos Aho is Syriac Orthodox from Syria. Assyrian have different church sects.

MarkyMark
06-29-2014, 05:04 AM
I don't know much about Syriacs, but they do cluster with Assyrians based on the genetic tests that I have seen their genomes are identical. Some Syriacs from Turkey identify as Assyrians, as well from Iraq, they belong to the Syrian Orthodox church, the majority of Iraqi Christians are Chaldean Catholics who are Assyrians who joined communion with Rome, and Nestorians, I believe most are the latter though.

How do you know who we are testing here? From what I've seen there are no Syriac genetic tests. Only genetic tests of Assyrians from the Syriac Orthodox church.

StonyArabia
06-29-2014, 05:08 AM
How do you know who we are testing here? From what I've seen there are no Syriac genetic tests. Only genetic tests of Assyrians from the Syriac Orthodox church.

Well I thought Syriacs were just Assyrians who follow the Syriac Orthodox church rather than being a different ethnic group. I have seen an Assyrian from the Syriac Orthodox church and he did not differ much from other Assyrian, but had more Levantine affinity compared to them who had more Anatolian one.

MarkyMark
06-29-2014, 05:21 AM
Well I thought Syriacs were just Assyrians who follow the Syriac Orthodox church rather than being a different ethnic group. I have seen an Assyrian from the Syriac Orthodox church and he did not differ much from other Assyrian, but had more Levantine affinity compared to them who had more Anatolian one.

These are good questions. I understand exactly where you are coming from. However there is a rift within the Syriac church itself. The Iraqis identified as Assyrian whereas the Syrians identified as Suryanni. However, Iraqi christian immigration into Syria and Turkey during the past 200 years has only given the Assyrians the opportunity to confuse people and blur lines. The reality is there was an eastern group of Christians in Iraq/Iran/and some parts of Turkey like Hakkari who are Assyrians, and there is a western group of Syrians in Syria/Tur Abdin, and pretty much anything west of that. By Syrians I mean the indigenous natives of the land. The Assyrians came under the orbit of the Syrian church akin to the French under the Roman church.
Some Assyrians however branched off into Nestorianism whereas others stayed under the Syrian church(Almost like the situation of Protestantism and Catholicism in Germany minus all the wars and witch hunts). It's easy to get confused when one hasn't delved deep into these subjects, which is why people always assume the wikipedia page for Assyria has to be correct.

ASSYRIAN_Libra
06-29-2014, 04:59 PM

He wants attention. Syriac language have a lot of Akkadian words and mix of Aramaic that makes it a modern Assyrian language. This mark guy must not know about that! Firstly, I have family that are within a Syriac church and this guy is an idiot. It's an ethnic-religious propaganda started by corrupted church leaders from the 1960s in Europe, which is in small numbers. Syriac language is nothing like the original Aramaic language. However, it's true that Assyrians are mix of Aramean who are also Chaldean and since Chaldean is basically aremean person that were astrologers. Assyria was a melting pot as you may already know, and modern day Assyrian basically are all that came from different people that lived in ancient Assyria.

There are great Assyrian nationalist that came from the Syriac church. That speaks enough for itself. Nothing more that I can say because I've seen this debate before.

Yuffayur
06-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Greek and Turks, then Israelis