PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in ghosts or spirits?

Sigrid
01-29-2010, 04:43 PM
And not the spirits known as alcohol . . . :p

I've always been fascinated by peoples' accounts of seeing ghosts or other paranormal activity. I, for one, have seen and heard some things that I cannot explain away as natural sounds or natural phenomenon. In physics, there is what is known as the law of conservation of energy. As a result, energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be transformed, as such, from one state to another state, and so on and so forth.

What do you believe? Have you ever experienced anything you would consider paranormal? Did it have an effect on you?

Wulfhere
01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
I have been involved in magical orders and societies for nearly 30 years, and I know from experience that such things are very real.

Murphy
01-29-2010, 04:57 PM
I believe in the diabolic.

I do not believe in ghosts as in, the souls of people. One you die, you are judged. Heaven, Purgatory or Hell. Of course I believe that God may sometimes allow the souls in Purgatory to vist those on earth to ask for prayers. But not haunting etc.

Regards,
The Papist.

Óttar
01-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Yes I believe in ghosts and spirits. I believe the latter are emanations on the material plane, the former I believe, are disembodied aspects of the personality that are attached to a particular place for whatever reason.

Sigrid
01-29-2010, 05:05 PM
I believe in the diabolic.

I do not believe in ghosts as in, the souls of people. One you die, you are judged. Heaven, Purgatory or Hell. Of course I believe that God may sometimes allow the souls in Purgatory to vist those on earth to ask for prayers. But not haunting etc.

Regards,
The Papist.

Outside of the religious, have you ever experienced anything you cannot explain away? How do you feel about people who have experienced things they could not explain as being "normal" to themselves and to those around them?

Murphy
01-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Outside of the religious, have you ever experienced anything you cannot explain away? How do you feel about people who have experienced things they could not explain as being "normal" to themselves and to those around them?

What do you mean? I have already said I believe in the paranormal.

Regards,
The Papist.

Sigrid
01-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Yes I believe in ghosts and spirits. I believe the latter are emanations on the material plane, the former I believe, are disembodied aspects of the personality that are attached to a particular place for whatever reason.

Have you had any personal experiences? I have always wondered that if they do exist, why they do not move on, although my belief would be that they are "stuck" here for one reason or another (as in, they have unfinished business or something tragic happened and it's being "relived" over and over again, etc).

Murphy
01-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Have you had any personal experiences? I have always wondered that if they do exist, why they do not move on, although my belief would be that they are "stuck" here for one reason or another (as in, they have unfinished business or something tragic happened and it's being "relived" over and over again, etc).

No, thank God. Nor do I have any desire to gain any experience. The demonic is not something to mess around with. I have even walked out of friend's houses when the fools start messing around with Ouija boards when they're drunk.

Also, human souls are never "stuck here", though there are theories that Purgatory is actually here on earth, but I do not believe so.

The paranormal.. as in hauntings etc., are the work of the diabolic. Not human spirits.

Regards,
The Papist.

Sigrid
01-29-2010, 05:12 PM
What do you mean? I have already said I believe in the paranormal.

Regards,
The Papist.

You said you believe in the diabolic. I didn't know if you meant that you believed only things relating to, or characteristic of, the devil, as in the term "diabolic." Maybe I misread your statement besides not believing in ghosts or hauntings. I apologize if I have.

Sigrid
01-29-2010, 05:15 PM
No, thank God. Nor do I have any desire to gain any experience. The demonic is not something to mess around with. I have even walked out of friend's houses when the fools start messing around with Ouija boards when they're drunk.

Also, human souls are never "stuck here", though there are theories that Purgatory is actually here on earth, but I do not believe so.

The paranormal.. as in hauntings etc., are the work of the diabolic. Not human spirits.

Regards,
The Papist.

Thanks for explaining that to me, because I was a little confused.

Yes, Ouija boards are completely not useful and very dangerous! I knew a woman once who used her Ouija board and "contacted" someone deceased that she knew, and then started experiencing strange things around her and strange things happening to her. Now, I wasn't around her when these things would happen, but I certainly would not be trying to contact the dead, if it is at all possible.

Murphy
01-29-2010, 05:19 PM
You said you believe in the diabolic. I didn't know if you meant that you believed only things relating to, or characteristic of, the devil, as in the term "diabolic." Maybe I misread your statement besides not believing in ghosts or hauntings. I apologize if I have.

I shall explain ir further :).

I believe that the paranormal according popular understanding,, as in things like ghosts haunting, poltergeists, Ouija boards etc., are the work of the diabolic.

Regards,
The Papist.

Murphy
01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks for explaining that to me, because I was a little confused.

Yes, Ouija boards are completely not useful and very dangerous! I knew a woman once who used her Ouija board and "contacted" someone deceased that she knew, and then started experiencing strange things around her and strange things happening to her. Now, I wasn't around her when these things would happen, but I certainly would not be trying to contact the dead, if it is at all possible.

Is she still having problems? I strongly suggest she see a Catholic Priest.

Regards,
The Papist.

Sigrid
01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
I shall explain ir further :).

I believe that the paranormal according popular understanding,, as in things like ghosts haunting, poltergeists, Ouija boards etc., are the work of the diabolic.

Regards,
The Papist.

OK, I understand. :):thumbs up

Sigrid
01-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Is she still having problems? I strongly suggest she see a Catholic Priest.

Regards,
The Papist.

Oh, no, no, no ... not at all. She's not experiencing anything at all. She actually had a house blessing by a Catholic priest and also "cleansed" the house. As far as I'm aware of it, she hasn't experienced anything for some time now (at least she hasn't reported anything to me).

Murphy
01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Oh, no, no, no ... not at all. She's not experiencing anything at all. She actually had a house blessing by a Catholic priest and also "cleansed" the house. As far as I'm aware of it, she hasn't experienced anything for some time now (at least she hasn't reported anything to me).

That is good news indeed.

What alot of people don't know is that playing around with Ouja boards, even for shits and giggles at a party, well open up a window so to speak, between ones self and the demonic. From what I understand, it is not very fun!

Regards,
The Papist.

Baron Samedi
01-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Yes, and it is possible to communicate with them, as well as evoke them (even animal spirits).

Lumi
03-23-2012, 07:15 PM
I strongly believe in the paranormal and supernatural.
I have seen and heard way too many things to not believe that they exist.

Olaska
03-23-2012, 07:25 PM
so nice to lisen to :D