PDA

View Full Version : Where could they pass

aimar
05-29-2014, 08:56 AM
I saw this picture in a similar forum, apparenty it's portuguese korfball team.
Could they pass anywhere else?

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af18/oditous2/Europe/Tugas-_zps360c732a.jpg~original

Sikeliot
05-29-2014, 08:57 AM
Spain and southern France. But they look very Portuguese so I would guess that first.

aimar
05-29-2014, 08:59 AM
I think they're too dark for Southern France, all the men have very dark brown/almost black hair

Sikeliot
05-29-2014, 08:59 AM
That leaves only Spain then as a possibility. Features collectively too western for southern Italy, and not enough Central European and Norid influence for the north. And Britain is out of the question IMO.

Hadouken
05-29-2014, 09:01 AM
they are very representative for the portuguese people I know in real life

I think they would pass also as spanish , french and maybe italian

I cant see them passing as anything else tbh

Sikeliot
05-29-2014, 09:04 AM
I think they would pass also as spanish , french and maybe italian

There is no region of Italy they can collectively pass in. Except possibly Sardinia I think, but that's still pushing it.

However, if I had to place them somewhere it'd be in the north and not the south.

Tooting Carmen
05-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Actually, some of them could pass in Britain, but collectively they look distinctly SW European.

mikeyup
05-29-2014, 05:04 PM
it's interesting how the girls are lighter than the boys... that's usually always the case here...

is that a scientific proven thing? women tend to be lighter than men on average? or does it only happen in some places?

Tooting Carmen
05-29-2014, 05:19 PM
it's interesting how the girls are lighter than the boys... that's usually always the case here...

is that a scientific proven thing? women tend to be lighter than men on average? or does it only happen in some places?

Yes I've noticed that too, it seems to be true of most ethnic groups/nationalities, including the British. Having said that, when I made this thread about dark-haired Swedish MPs, I was surprised to find more women than men with it: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?127324-Classify-these-dark-haired-Swedish-MPs-and-where-can-they-pass