PDA

View Full Version : Did you know about Anti-Semitism

Mortimer
06-02-2014, 08:56 AM
http://global100.adl.org/did-you-know

Among people familiar with all the religions tested in the survey, more are unfavorable toward Jews (35%) than toward people of any other religion.

-do you believe that? i would think the religion least liked are the muslims, at least in america and western europe, depends on where that was surveyed

many interesting facts about anti-semitism

SkyBurn
06-02-2014, 09:05 AM
There are many Muslims in the world, and by having a great proportion of the world's population it has a greater impact on the survey.

Their other stats are interesting too. Can't say that Eastern Europe being 10% more antisemitic than Western Europe is surprising. Glad to see only 14% of Oceania is. Asia is probably bumped up in percentage by Malaysia, and the rest of the word is fairly low too. So the results, while certainly not positive, aren't horrific either (except for the 74% figure in MENA).

wvwvw
06-06-2014, 11:37 AM
As long as Jews make such a big issue of it, anti-semiticism, is going to get stronger.

I like the Jews but even I get annoyed at the term.

wvwvw
06-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Anti-semiticism exist in Europe but it's more in the form of anti-Arabism and anti-Islamism. Jews shouldn't complain as they are well integrated and liked in most countries. But if Israel continues to use anti-semiticism for political purposes there is going to be a reaction.

Myth
06-08-2014, 05:15 PM
As a Jew, anti semitism exists but I don't think it's as bad as some people are making it out to be. THese polls are highly concentrated so if you poll 50 individuals in one specific town or members of a specific political group then it will seem much worse than it really is.

Armando Esteban Quito
06-08-2014, 05:23 PM
They've essentially butchered the word 'anti-semitism'. Being merely criticial of Israel and/or Judaism would now warrant an 'anti-semite' label. I don't believe in the numbers; they're most likely inflated.

Furnace
06-08-2014, 05:30 PM
You can't really take information from organizations like the ADL seriously, their sole purpose is to combat anti-semitism, and is only kept alive by anti-semitism, so if they can't find any, they will create it themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW3a1bw5XlE

I am sure they will call me anti-semitic for mentioning this, but I don't think I have to remind you how the fable about "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" ended.