PDA

View Full Version : Lithuanians' trust for Poles plummets

Hercus Monte
06-02-2014, 03:05 PM
A survey carried out in Lithuania has found that only 12 percent of respondents consider Poland to be a 'friendly state' while 27 percent characterised it as a 'hostile state.'

http://www.karikatura.lt/wp-content/uploads/lenkija_lietuva.jpg

The results show a dramatic drop in trust since 2006, when 53 percent of respondents categorised Poland as a friendly state, with only Latvia gaining a higher approval.

“We have lost a strategic partner,” commented noted Lithuanian political scientist Nerijus Maliukewiczius.

“This is a grave signal to the political elite,” he added.

Technically, Poland and Lithuania, which both joined the EU in 2004, are key allies in the Eastern Partnership, the EU initiative designed to build bridges with non-EU member states such as Armenia, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.

However, Polish-Lithuanian relations have soured since 2006, largely over squabbles concerning the Polish minority in the country.

The Polish government has objected to reforms to Lithuania's education laws that made teaching in Lithuanian obligatory in certain subjects, regardless of a given school's status as a minority one.

Likewise, Poland has backed ethnic Poles' efforts to have their names written in their passports in Polish, as opposed to in the Lithuanian transliteration.
In 2012, Lithuania's then foreign minister Audronius Azulis said that his country did not need a "big brother.

“Our government has said clearly: all issues relating to citizens, regardless of whether they relate to minorities, shall be settled by we ourselves.”
In the recent poll, which was conducted by Spinter Tytimai on behalf of the Delfi web site.

Lithuanians emerged as most distrustful as Russia, with 72.5 percent of respondents labelling Russia as a hostile state. Respondents looked favourably however on Latvia, Estonia, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland. (nh)

http://www.thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/172598,Lithuanians-trust-for-Poles-plummets

Hercus Monte
06-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I don't like Polish people and I'm not Lithuanian.

this isn't about people but our geopolitical strategies and relationships.

glass
06-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Anybody suprised? According to the plan balts should desire only american cock in their mouths and so hate every neighbour.

PolishAmerican190
06-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Sad that they cant get along since there are bigger threats in the area.

Hercus Monte
06-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Anybody suprised? According to the plan balts should desire only american cock in their mouths and so hate every neighbour.

right.... thank you for this marvellous and objective observation.

Sad that they cant get along since there are bigger threats in the area.
they can get along, this is the result of 10 years of political squabbles over nonsensical bureaucracy.

Unome
06-02-2014, 03:27 PM
But what about Poles' trust of Lithuania? That is more important.

Hercus Monte
06-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I agree but Poles try to hard to make everything around their borders Polish, and I don't like how they try to claim Kosovo Albanians as Slavs who got Albanized because that's not true.

I don't really care, that's how poles are, they care about other poles. if you can't play that game it's means you're weak.
I suppose that's their Catholicism talking.

But what about Poles' trust of Lithuania? That is more important.

I think most of them don't care.

PolishAmerican190
06-02-2014, 03:29 PM
they can get along, this is the result of 10 years of political squabbles over nonsensical bureaucracy.[/QUOTE]

Yes I have heard and agree it is mostly petty stuff.

Borna
06-02-2014, 03:30 PM
I agree but Poles try to hard to make everything around their borders Polish, and I don't like how they try to claim Kosovo Albanians as Slavs who got Albanized because that's not true.

Stop bringing this stupid argument, no one cares about you.

Polish and Lithuanians are natural allies, and have been rulers of great Commonwealth which ruled from Baltic Sea up to shores of Azovian sea.
No need to stir up trouble when there are predators waiting around corners.

Hercus Monte
06-02-2014, 03:34 PM
We don't need to play, because a pretender is weak and we aren't pretenders or weak, we would usually spit on someone's face if they told us we a Albanized Slavs.
It's not Catholicism talk for us, maybe for Lithuania but for us it's light skin and light features which is pathetic.

ok, thank you for that perspective. I never thought a balkan view on baltic affairs is relevant, but... yeah.

Hercus Monte
06-02-2014, 03:40 PM
I agree that Polish and Lithuanians are allies, that's good keep it like that, but I don't trust Polish people because I view them close to Russia and Serbia.

It's not a view on whole Baltic people but Poles in general, but I view Poles like Russians, but maybe Lithuanians know Poles better then us, to me Poles are like Catholic Russians.

poles and russians? I get that they have that Slavic unity thing going on, but Poland and Russia have been enemies since forever.
What exactly makes them close? apart from both being involved in the Katyn massacre.

Borna
06-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Justme this is my last post concerning your idiotic posts.
Stop seeing everything trough your Kosovo Serb-Albanian problem.

Hercus Monte
06-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Remember one thing... A brother may hurt a brother, but that same brother who hurt their brother will always come back and protect that brother that they hurted, Poles and Russians are brothers. Poles from who I've met in London show deep love for Russia because of Slavic roots and Russians do the same for Poland.

Poles aren't stupid, nor are they primitive little monkeys who only think about their roots. they will always think about themselves before any other.

Hercus Monte
06-03-2014, 01:11 PM
here's the rest of that survey.

http://i.imgur.com/4PklmxF.png

http://i.imgur.com/wVDERT6.png