PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Tolerance Test

The Lawspeaker
06-04-2014, 03:14 AM
Tolerance Test (http://uk.tolerantietest.eu/test.html)

How tolerant are you ?

Tolerance Test Certificate

Dear Lawspeaker

Thanks for doing the Tolerance Test.
This certificate gives a reaction to your test result.

Your estimated Tolerance was 79
Your score on this Tolerance Test is 85

Congratulations! Your estimated score is close to the result of the test. You know yourself well.

You showed a great deal of respect for other people. Probably you often look for balance in judging other people. You seem very good at comparing the pros and cons. Concerning tolerance this is an excellent characteristic for tolerance always depends of the situation. Keep in mind that tolerance has limits.

To express an opinion is an excellent characteristic in a democracy. By discussing with other people and by gaining new information, you will develop your own opinion. Keep in mind: who never changes an opinion, did not learn much. We wish you all the best in exercising tolerance.

Fair enough. 85 out of 150ish. I am more "tolerant" than I thought I'd be but that's probably because I think that there's more than one side to every story. But.. my "tolerance" is easily exhausted: pure malice is not something I can condone in any way, shape or form (which is exactly I don't have any respect for Islam, Communism or Nazism). However, I believe that the old original Dutch 17th recipe for pragmatism (so often misinterpreted as tolerance) is the best available recipe for a stable society: you don't bother me and I won't bother you. I don't care what God you pray to do or how you do your wife (or God knows what else you're up to).. as long as you don't shove it in my face.