PDA

View Full Version : How Difficult Is Your Life?

Aurora
06-06-2014, 04:38 PM
"Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all."
- from The Princess Bride
We make our own fortunes, don't we? But that's balogna, because we're all given different opportunities. Simply the fact you're taking this test on the Internet and not on a slab of clay means that you're surviving, but still I wonder: what situation were you born into? A household with alcoholic parents? A trailer park? Or a suburb with an exceptionally bad school system? Or HELL: maybe everything was fine but you're gay in Utah.

My test will determine, quickly, how good of a hand you were dealt across the spectrum of that which affected your development: your finances, the love of your (foster? surrogate? incarcerated?) parents, etc. It does not measure success or adult difficutlies, only childhood adversity.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-how-difficult-is-your-life-test

Aurora
06-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Extremely Difficult
Your life has been 54% difficult.
Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. What does this mean?

Well, the "difficulty" of your life is a measure of how rough you had it. Relative to the world, you had a very, very difficult childhood. I'm not sure what "success" means to you, but whatever it is, you can achieve it. When you do, it'll be that much more impressive.

My life is much better now though.
At least I had food and shelter growing up.

Illancha
06-06-2014, 04:44 PM
"Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all."

- from The Princess Bride
I have to disagree with the quote.

How is death unfair? It is the greatest equaliser, the fairest of all.

Aurora
06-06-2014, 04:47 PM

I agree w/you.

Equilibrium
06-06-2014, 04:48 PM
I play on hard mode.

Han Cholo
06-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Life's easy, even when it's not:

Average

Your life has been 32% difficult.
Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was AVERAGE. What does this mean?

Well, the "difficulty" of your life is a measure of how rough you had it. Relative to the world, you had a pretty normal childhood. You probably had a typical mixture of advantages and disadvantages. At one time the disadvantanges might've even seemed impossible to overcome. But look at you now!

I'm not sure what "success" means to you, but whatever it is, you can achieve it. When you do, it'll be very impressive.

The questions are quite too general though.

Unome
06-06-2014, 05:04 PM
The Perfect Life
Your life has been 6% difficult.

Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was PERFECT. What does this mean?

Well, the "difficulty" of your life is a measure of how rough you had it. Relative to the world, you had a perfect childhood, with a pretty stable family and financial situation.

I'm not sure what "success" means to you, but whatever it is, you should achieve it. If you don't, it's probably out of laziness.

http://suzie81.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/first-world-problems1.jpg

Hithaeglir
06-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Very Easy
Your life has been 17% difficult.
Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was VERY EASY. What does this mean?

Well, the "difficulty" of your life is a measure of how rough you had it. Relative to the world, you had a pretty good childhood. I'm not saying it was really easy, just that you weren't gnawing on a belt for calories. Still though, it wasn't perfect.

I'm not sure what "success" means to you, but whatever it is, you can achieve it. When you do, it'll be that much more impressive.

Raven_
06-06-2014, 05:09 PM
I got 41%.

Self percepion also plays a role. Usually I feel apathic about my biggest troubles, tbh. Petty issues can drive me crazy though.

Armando Esteban Quito
06-06-2014, 05:15 PM
If you have the resources to spend a lot of your time posting on TA then life must not be that hard for you .

Anyway I took the test and got 55%.

Aurora
06-06-2014, 05:17 PM
If you have the resources to spend a lot of your time posting on TA then life must not be that hard for you .

The test is asking questions about your childhood. I think it should be called, "How difficult was your life" instead.

Graham
06-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Don't agree with the quiz. My cousin is adopted & her biological parents were junkies addicted to Heroin etc.. But she has a good happy life & is working hard in University on top of her job. The only difficult thing she has is her personal hard-work. That we're proud of her.

SKYNET
06-06-2014, 05:18 PM
How difficult is my life? If I would live somewhere in Africa. Since I don't live there, I don't know what does "difficulty in the life" mean.

Aurora
06-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Don't agree with the quiz. My cousin is adopted & her biological parents were junkies addicted to Heroin etc.. But she has a good happy life & is working hard in University on top of her job. The only difficult thing she has is her personal hard-work. That we're proud of her.

How old was she when she was adopted?

Raven_
06-06-2014, 05:20 PM
How difficult is my life? If I would live somewhere in Africa. Since I don't live there, I don't know what does "difficulty in the life" mean.

Are you an African?

Graham
06-06-2014, 05:23 PM
How old was she when she was adopted?
When She was a baby. Was taking from birth addicted to Heroin, and giving to my foster parent family. Due to her pregnant mums continued addiction & then was adopted.

SKYNET
06-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Are you an African?

it was an example :lol: fortunately no, I'm not an African

Aurora
06-06-2014, 05:26 PM
When She was a baby. Was taking from birth addicted to Heroin, to my foster parent family. Due to her pregnant mums continued addiction & then was adopted.

She was so young, so she was not terribly affected by her biological family. If she would've been raised by her biological family then her childhood would've been very difficult.

Beit El
06-06-2014, 05:27 PM

Not for long now anymore. We'll probably have rich people living until 90-150 and poor people still until 50-90.

The test is somewhat politically biased though, being a minority in a Western country is a free ticket and excuse to a lot of things.

Neanderthal
06-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Life is quite easy, I love it. This is much more related to what we perceive as fair or 'hard'. I don't believe in rights, and I do not believe in free things. Everything has to be earned but if someone gives you a gift, it's more than welcome. This mindset made me very positive and optimist.

Kazimiera
06-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Extremely Difficult

Your life has been 58% difficult.

Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. What does this mean?

Well, the "difficulty" of your life is a measure of how rough you had it. Relative to the world, you had a very, very difficult childhood. I'm not sure what "success" means to you, but whatever it is, you can achieve it. When you do, it'll be that much more impressive.

Struggled my behind off to get to where I am today. Life is better now than it was.

Raven_
06-06-2014, 05:40 PM
This is much more related to what we perceive as fair or 'hard'.

I am of a similar opinion. The way how you percieve your life has a great impact on your emotional condition and life quality in general. I personally regret all those momements when I felt pity for myself. It has only brought destruction.

Gauthier
06-06-2014, 05:49 PM
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2302/i0fr.jpg (http://img855.imageshack.us/i/i0fr.jpg/)

Caismeachd
06-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Difficult
Your life has been 45% difficult.

Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was DIFFICULT. What does this mean?

http://cdn.okcimg.com/php/load_okc_image.php/images/0x0/0x0/0/8267889215674456984.gif

Mortimer
06-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Your result for The How Difficult Is Your Life Test ...
Average
Your life has been 35% difficult.

Xanthias
06-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Results
Share your results »
Your result for The How Difficult Is Your Life Test ...
Easy
Your life has been 28% difficult.
Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was EASY. What does this mean?

Well, the "difficulty" of your life is a measure of how rough you had it. Relative to the world, you had a pretty good childhood. I'm not saying it was really easy, just that you weren't gnawing on a belt for calories. Still though, it wasn't perfect.

I'm not sure what "success" means to you, but whatever it is, you can achieve it. When you do, it'll be that much more impressive.

Funny that it says my life was easy, right now it's a very wrong way.

Styrian Mujo
06-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Shity test.

Drawing-slim
06-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Post of the dayxD
Not even gonna bother with the test now.

Kazimiera
06-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Why have I had the shittiest childhood here? :(

armenianbodyhair
06-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Easy
Your life has been 25% difficult.
Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was EASY. What does this mean?

rhiannon
06-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Here are my results

Very Difficult
Your life has been 51% difficult.

Kaz, I think the fact you grew up in South Africa might be relevant. Otherwise I'd guess you and I have had similarly difficult situations. I think the test could have been better.

I retook the thing to change a few answers that were a little questionable and got 56% or Extremely Difficult.

Beit El
06-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Struggled my behind off to get to where I am today. Life is better now than it was.

I'm nearing you, high five! :thumb001:

Extremely Difficult

Your life has been 54% difficult.

Seraph of the End
06-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Extremely Easy
Your life has been 14% difficult.

Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was EXTREMELY EASY. What does this mean?

Well, the "difficulty" of your life is a measure of how rough you had it. Relative to the world, you had a great childhood, with a pretty stable family and financial situation. I'm not saying it was really easy, just that you weren't gnawing on a belt for calories. While it wasn't perfect, it was healthy.

I'm not sure what "success" means to you, but whatever it is, you can achieve it.

Neanderthal
06-06-2014, 08:26 PM

Don't think so. Unless your step father knocked out your first teeth with a punch to the face. :lol:

Kazimiera
06-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Don't think so. Unless your step father knocked out your first teeth with a punch to the face. :lol:

If the only thing my stepfather did to me was knock out my teeth, I would have had a better score and a happier childhood.

Rudel
06-06-2014, 08:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iKFJau1.png

And I still bitch a lot :p

Equilibrium
06-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Your life has been 45% difficult.

Neanderthal
06-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Archaic results

What about mine bro?

Furnace
06-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Extremely Easy
Your life has been 15% difficult.

Vorpal
06-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Easy

Your life has been 30% difficult.

stupid test, too general, I would give myself 60% easily

Equilibrium
06-06-2014, 08:39 PM
What about mine bro?

Compared to modern life, Neanderthal life difficulty was probably over 9000%.

armenianbodyhair
06-06-2014, 08:41 PM

I think my results would have been different if we weren't upper middle class for the second half of my childhood.

Azalea
06-06-2014, 08:42 PM

Hahahaha #firstworldproblems

Permafrost
06-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Well I have enough time to b*tch on an internet forum, so it can't be that bad.

Difficult

Your life has been 42% difficult.
Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was DIFFICULT. What does this mean?

Some of the questions are way too subjective though. Can't take the result too seriously.

Virtuous
06-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Very Difficult
Your life has been 52% difficult.
Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was VERY DIFFICULT. What does this mean?

Vorpal
06-06-2014, 08:47 PM
verbal abuse is extremely painful btw, many times its way better to be just punched in the face than hear for 90% of your childhood (almost everyday) you are a worthless piece of shit

Kazimiera
06-06-2014, 08:55 PM
I did the test again. This time I thought hard about my answers.

Extremely Difficult

Your life has been 62% difficult.

Rhiannon, living in South Africa has nothing to do with it. I was a kid during Apartheid. During that time I was not oppressed by the government and given all the necessary opportunities to succeed. It's a different story for white kids in the system at the moment, but it wasn't an issue when I was little.

Kazimiera
06-06-2014, 09:27 PM
But for whatever did go wrong, I don't cling to it. I'm not bitter about it. And I will not let my childhood to dictate to me my adulthood. That is the most important. I don't whine or feel sorry for myself. You just have to pick up the pieces and keep going. When life deals you a bad hand (and I had more than one bad hand), you must make the best of it. Learn through the mistakes of others. Don't let others pull you down with them.

My grandmother always used to say: Kopf hoch auch wenn der Hals dreckig ist. (Keep you head held high even if your neck is dirty). No matter how hard life gets or what it throws at you, keep going and never lose your sense of self-worth.

rhiannon
06-06-2014, 09:41 PM
I did the test again. This time I thought hard about my answers.

Rhiannon, living in South Africa has nothing to do with it. I was a kid during Apartheid. During that time I was not oppressed by the government and given all the necessary opportunities to succeed. It's a different story for white kids in the system at the moment, but it wasn't an issue when I was little.

Okay I understand.

Jackson
06-06-2014, 09:49 PM

Easy
Your life has been 24% difficult.

That seems about right. My life has been relatively easy so far, although i do very much appreciate that fact, so i have great respect for people who have done well with a much harder start in life than i have had.

alb0zfinest
06-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Very easy 21%

Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was VERY EASY. What does this mean?

Some questions should have had second parts too them. Or maybe they should have included some vague choice for an explanation. I think it was harder for me then the test made it appear because Ive had to endure alot of verbal and some years ago physical abuse from my parents.

Ultra
06-07-2014, 03:12 AM
Very Difficult
Your life has been 51% difficult.
Based on your family, money, political context, and personal situation -- during the important years of your development -- it appears your life was VERY DIFFICULT. What does this mean?

I guess it's true, I had some very difficult years in my life before but I came back from that much stronger than I think I'd have been otherwise, so it may very well have been worth it, in some ways. We'll see.

Not a Cop
06-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Average
Your life has been 37% difficult.

Beside of being kinda poor and the fact that my father was a bit too much confident in educational efficiency of physical treatment my life wasn't very hard so hard.