View Full Version : Palestinians at Yad Vashem

Yehiel
06-08-2014, 01:49 AM
Nice video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-m4KnJZ2e8

Discuss.

Isleņo
06-08-2014, 02:22 AM
Interesting. I think those Palestinians are good people to take time to do what they did. I did notice that most of them, after seeing the holocaust museum, talked about their own situation within Israel. One man even mentioned when will there be a museum like that for the Palestinians. I think there should be Nakba museums in Israel and the world just like there are holocaust museums, to show the suffering of the Palestinians, just as the suffering of the Jews is presented in Museums. But for some reason I do not think there will be one (if there is, let me know about it). It would be the equivalent of Nazis allowing holocaust museums in early 20th century Germany.

Anomander Rake
06-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Nakaba - "We tried to kill all the Jews in the land of Israel, we failed, national disaster".

Yehiel
06-08-2014, 11:30 PM
Nakaba - "We tried to kill all the Jews in the land of Israel, we failed, national disaster".

exactly

Isleņo
06-08-2014, 11:34 PM

I believe they just wanted to run the Jews out of Palestine. I don't think they wanted to kill all of you. But you guys did show in their land as conquerers and disrupted their way of life. The Jews made a deal with the already colonizing British for Palestine. They took up arms because you guys showed up to take their land. I don't know why you guys have a problem admitting that. It's the truth. If white Americans can admit what they did to the Native Americans, then Jews can admit what they did to the Palestinians. I have nothing against either, but we are talking about true history.

Yehiel
06-08-2014, 11:36 PM
I believe they just wanted to run the Jews out of Palestine. I don't think they wanted to kill all of you. But you guys did show in their land as conquerers and disrupted their way of life. The Jews made a deal with the already colonizing British for Palestine. They took up arms because you guys showed up to take their land. I don't know why you guys have a problem admitting that. It's the truth. If white Americans can admit what they did to the Native Americans, then Jews can admit what they did to the Palestinians. I have nothing against either, but we are talking about true history.

We did show up to take the land but in a non violent manner, they started all these unnecessary wars. We didnt just show up and start kicking them out... We started building. It wasnt until civil war broke out that we went on the offensive. This is a fact. We could have EASILY co-existed peacefully.

Isleņo
06-08-2014, 11:37 PM
exactly

I don't understand why you guys are one sided on this issue. Did the Jews not just show up one day in Palestine and with a receipt from Britain (Balfour Declaration) as the new colonizers? I mean it's not like this is false information. This actually happened. Why do you guys deny this?

Isleņo
06-08-2014, 11:39 PM
We did show up to take the land but in a non violent manner, they started all these unnecessary wars. We didnt just show up and start kicking them out... We started building. It wasnt until civil war broke out that we went on the offensive. This is a fact. We could have EASILY co-existed peacefully.
How are you gonna just show up on someone's land after 2000 years and start building? Do you hear how that sounds? That's outrageous. If you did that in my land I'd bring war against you too! You don't see how that was wrong?

Yehiel
06-08-2014, 11:40 PM
How are you gonna just show up on someone's land after 2000 years and start building? Do you hear how that sounds? That's outrageous. If you did that in my land I'd bring war against you too! You don't see how that was wrong?

It wasnt there land, we didnt build on their property. It was never a state.

Isleņo
06-08-2014, 11:44 PM
It wasnt there land, we didnt build on their property. It was never a state.

What do you mean it wasn't their land? You show up in Palestine (where there were already people living) after 2000 years and just start building a civilization and you think that's alright? That's not alright at all. And you wonder why they and other Arab nations brought war against you? The British are just as guilty for colonizing Palestine in the first place.

Yehiel
06-08-2014, 11:46 PM
What do you mean it wasn't their land? You show up in Palestine (where there were already people living) after 2000 years and just start building a civilization and you think that's alright? That's not alright at all. And you wonder why they and other Arab nations brought war against you? The British are just as guilty for colonizing Palestine in the first place.

Lol you act as if the place was a booming economy with millions of millions of people. Before we came it was a wasteland outside of Jerusalem. We built on OUR HOMELAND, WHY IS THAT A PROBLEM THAT WE BUILD ON OUR HOMELAND?

randomguy1235
06-08-2014, 11:47 PM
http://www.destructoid.com//ul/249013-MegamanDerp-t.jpg

Yehiel
06-08-2014, 11:48 PM
http://www.destructoid.com//ul/249013-MegamanDerp-t.jpg

Prove we didnt.

Isleņo
06-08-2014, 11:55 PM
Prove we didnt.

He was pointing out that despite non-violence, you still showed up into a land that was not yours. You just show up after 2000 years and start building a civilization? I don't see how you guys can defend this and not see how that is wrong.

Yehiel
06-08-2014, 11:59 PM
He was pointing out that despite non-violence, you still showed up into a land that was not yours. You just show up after 2000 years and start building a civilization? I don't see how you guys can defend this and not see how that is wrong.

lol you do realize that Palestine had less than 1 million people living in the entire area before we came right? the place was a wasteland, whats wrong with building up a desert? We didnt build all over Arab land, we bought land (from the arabs) or just build on land that nobody owned. You've asked the same question 10 times already.

Isleņo
06-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Lol you act as if the place was a booming economy with millions of millions of people. Before we came it was a wasteland outside of Jerusalem. We built on OUR HOMELAND, WHY IS THAT A PROBLEM THAT WE BUILD ON OUR HOMELAND?
When the Jews arrived, there were a million Palestinians. They made up the majority of people. It doesn't matter if they didn't have anything but a hut and 2 goats on the land, it was still their land. You guys make a deal with Britain for the land for getting the Americans involved in the world war, the Brits give you a receipt in the form of the Balfour Declaration and you show up after 2000 years with the help of the conquering British and just start building? That's ridiculous. Just because it's the ancestral home of your ancestors, doesn't give you the right to show up after 2000 years and just start carving out a civilization in the home of the Palestinians. That's crazyness. You guys can't see that was wrong?

Isleņo
06-09-2014, 12:08 AM
lol you do realize that Palestine had less than 1 million people living in the entire area before we came right? the place was a wasteland, whats wrong with building up a desert? We didnt build all over Arab land, we bought land (from the arabs) or just build on land that nobody owned. You've asked the same question 10 times already.

C'mon man, I know the history there. You just didn't show up and asked the Palestinians to sell you some land. There was a deal struck between the Zionists and the British, that's where the Balfour Declaration came in. There were over a million Palestinians at the time, not under a million (1,033,314). And it doesn't matter the shape of the economy or the landscape, you still showed up and proceeded to carve out a civilization in the home of the Palestinians after 2000 years. That's ridiculous. You know, I try to show everyone respect and I have nothing against Jews or Palestinians, in fact my mother is always there on Christian missions, but I don't agree with colonizing. You guys would rather die first than admit you were wrong. That's terrible. It's obvious it was almost all Palestinians there and one day you guys just showed up to carve out a civilization. But this is a subject that is never ending, so it doesn't make sense to go on about it. You guys will never admit to being wrong.

Yehiel
06-09-2014, 12:09 AM
When the Jews arrived, there were a million Palestinians. They made up the majority of people. It doesn't matter if they didn't have anything but a hut and 2 goats on the land, it was still their land. You guys make a deal with Britain for the land for getting the Americans involved in the world war, the Brits give you a receipt in the form of the Balfour Declaration and you show up after 2000 years with the help of the conquering British and just start building? That's ridiculous. Just because it's the ancestral home of your ancestors, doesn't give you the right to show up after 2000 years and just start carving out a civilization in the home of the Palestinians. That's crazyness. You guys can't see that was wrong?

"When the Jews arrived, there were a million Palestinians" - this is wrong, the first great Aliyah started in 1882, and ended in 1903.. IN 1922 THERE WAS ONLY 752,000 COUNTING JEWS. (http://www.cjpmo.org/DisplayDocument.aspx?DocumentID=18)

"It doesn't matter if they didn't have anything but a hut and 2 goats on the land, it was still their land" - yes it does. 1) there was no self identifying people called Palestinians before we came 2) they didnt own every little bit, like ive said so many times. THEY DIDNT OWN EVERYTHING 2) it wasnt even a country lol.

?You guys make a deal with Britain for the land for getting the Americans involved in the world war" uhh sources

Isleņo
06-09-2014, 12:34 AM
"When the Jews arrived, there were a million Palestinians" - this is wrong, the first great Aliyah started in 1882, and ended in 1903.. IN 1922 THERE WAS ONLY 752,000 COUNTING JEWS. (http://www.cjpmo.org/DisplayDocument.aspx?DocumentID=18)

"It doesn't matter if they didn't have anything but a hut and 2 goats on the land, it was still their land" - yes it does. 1) there was no self identifying people called Palestinians before we came 2) they didnt own every little bit, like ive said so many times. THEY DIDNT OWN EVERYTHING 2) it wasnt even a country lol.

?You guys make a deal with Britain for the land for getting the Americans involved in the world war" uhh sources I'll start with posting various pieces of info from the first source you've provided, which seems to support what I've been saying:

"Ever since the founding of the Zionist movement, supporters of Zionism have downplayed the fact that historic Palestine had always had a healthy indigenous population. Zionists trumpeted the falsehood widely; "A land without a people for a people without a land". While this slogan encouraged Jewish emigration to historic Palestine, it also paved the way for one of the largest dispossessions in modern history. Both the demographic statistics themselves, as well as the history of Jewish emigration to Palestine in the 1930s tell an important story."

The report also shows there were 1,269,000 Arabs in 1946.

This is some stuff from the source you provided.

Isleņo
06-09-2014, 12:42 AM
"It doesn't matter if they didn't have anything but a hut and 2 goats on the land, it was still their land" - yes it does. 1) there was no self identifying people called Palestinians before we came 2) they didnt own every little bit, like ive said so many times. THEY DIDNT OWN EVERYTHING 2) it wasnt even a country lol."

If you don't see something wrong with showing up to a land after 2000 years, where there is an indigenous people that have been living there for for millenia, then I think you are totally biased. You see, I don't have a bias, so I'm able to see things from the outside looking in, with no side to bias toward any sides. I see a land that had an indigenous population that has been living there for thousands of years, and then I see another people just showing up who have been gone for 2000 years and all of a sudden just start carving out a "homeland" in the home of the Palestinians or whatever it is that you want to call them. That's what I see. And you know, I'd have more respect for people that could say "yeah, you know we were wrong, but what's done is done, we now have to take it from here". But you guys will die first before admitting you are wrong.

Anomander Rake
06-17-2014, 11:59 AM
I don't understand why you guys are one sided on this issue. Did the Jews not just show up one day in Palestine and with a receipt from Britain (Balfour Declaration) as the new colonizers? I mean it's not like this is false information. This actually happened. Why do you guys deny this?
You do understand that the Jews bought lands from the minor Arabic population in this land, right?

Isleņo
06-17-2014, 02:24 PM
You do understand that the Jews bought lands from the minor Arabic population in this land, right?

They bought almost 6% of it, actually 5.8%, that's it. They took the rest.

This was land ownership percentage table was taken from the Survey of Palestine (p. 566)

http://www.palestineremembered.com/images/PalestineOwnershipOfLandIn1945.jpg

Category of land
(Fiscal categories)

Palestinians
& others Jews Total

Dunums (1000 sq. meters)
Urban 76,662 70,111 146,773
Citrus 145,572 141,188 286,760
Bananas 2,300 1,430 3,730
Rural built-on area 36,851 42,330 79,181
Plantation 1,079,788 95,514 1,175,302
Cereal land (taxable) 5,503,183 814,102 6,317,285
Cereal land (not taxable) 900,294 51,049 951,343
Uncultivable 16,925,805 298,523 17,224.328

Total area:
24,670,455 1,514,247 26,184,702

Percentage
Palestinians Jews Total
& others
94.22% 5.8% 100%
Roads, railways, rivers, and lakes 135,803

Total Area including roads, railways, etc.

http://www.palestineremembered.com/Maps/New/Map5_OwnerShip.gif
http://www.palestineremembered.com/Maps/New/JewishOwnedLandInPalestineAsOf1947.gif

Yehiel
06-17-2014, 04:45 PM
lol palestineremembered.com.. these maps are such bad because Jerusalem has been Jewish majority since 1800's now on this map it is 84% palestine??

Anomander Rake
06-27-2014, 01:19 PM
They bought almost 6% of it, actually 5.8%, that's it. They took the rest.

This was land ownership percentage table was taken from the Survey of Palestine (p. 566)

http://www.palestineremembered.com/images/PalestineOwnershipOfLandIn1945.jpg

Category of land
(Fiscal categories)

Palestinians
& others Jews Total

Dunums (1000 sq. meters)
Urban 76,662 70,111 146,773
Citrus 145,572 141,188 286,760
Bananas 2,300 1,430 3,730
Rural built-on area 36,851 42,330 79,181
Plantation 1,079,788 95,514 1,175,302
Cereal land (taxable) 5,503,183 814,102 6,317,285
Cereal land (not taxable) 900,294 51,049 951,343
Uncultivable 16,925,805 298,523 17,224.328

Total area:
24,670,455 1,514,247 26,184,702

Percentage
Palestinians Jews Total
& others
94.22% 5.8% 100%
Roads, railways, rivers, and lakes 135,803

Total Area including roads, railways, etc.

http://www.palestineremembered.com/Maps/New/Map5_OwnerShip.gif
http://www.palestineremembered.com/Maps/New/JewishOwnedLandInPalestineAsOf1947.gif
You do know arabs didn't own the land, yes?

BTW, can I have a proof these maps are authentic?