PDA

View Full Version : NATO troops and bases not welcome in Slovakia and Czech Republic

Loki
06-10-2014, 11:36 AM
NATO troops and bases not welcome in Slovakia and Czech Republic (http://rt.com/news/163784-slovakia-no-nato-troops/)

http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/27/fc/80/00/gold-bars-1.si.jpg

Two Eastern European nations, Slovakia and the Czech Republic, have refused to host foreign troops and military bases. The prime ministers of both countries have consecutively spoken against the proposal voiced by US President Barack Obama.

Following the example of their neighbor the Czech Republic, the prime minister of Slovakia stated that his country is ready to meet its obligations as a NATO member state, but stationing foreign troops on its territory is out of the question.

Slovak PM Robert Fico said he “can’t imagine foreign troops being deployed on our territory in the form of some bases.”

The proposal to host more NATO troops in Eastern Europe was voiced by Obama on his current tour of Europe.

Speaking at a news conference in Warsaw, Obama said America is stepping up its partnership with countries in Eastern Europe with a view to bolstering security.

Initially, it was Poland that asked for a greater US military presence in Eastern Europe.

In April, Polish Defense Minister Tomasz Siemoniak called on the Pentagon to deploy as many as 10,000 American troops in his country.

Three Baltic States welcomed the idea back in April. To begin with, a small contingent of American troops began to arrive in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia to take part in military training.

Two countries opposed deployment of any foreign soldiers on their territory.

On Tuesday, Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka said his country sees no need to allow foreign military presence on its territory.

Last month, Defense Minister Martin Stropinsky sparked a political storm in the Czech Republic by recalling the 1968 invasion as the biggest reason not to host NATO troops in the country in a Reuters interview.

Slovakia’s Fico joined in the debate Wednesday, saying that for his country such a military presence is a sensitive issue because of the Warsaw Pact troops’ invasion into Czechoslovakia in 1968.

“Slovakia has its historical experience with participation of foreign troops. Let us remember the 1968 invasion. Therefore this topic is extraordinarily sensitive to us,” he said.

Fico said that Slovakia is committed to fulfill its obligations towards NATO despite military budget cuts and that allies would be allowed to train on Slovak territory anyway.

Czechoslovakia split into the Czech Republic and Slovakia in 1993.

The Czech Republic entered NATO in 1999, whereas Slovakia joined the alliance later, in 2004.

Fico’s Smer party, which has an absolute majority in Slovakia’s parliament, has been advocating warmer relations with Russia.

Isleño
06-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Good for them. They don't need any foriegn bases. And the U.S. needs to stay out of people's business. My government is seeking to be a modern day ancient Rome.

Methmatician
06-10-2014, 11:49 AM
My government is seeking to be a modern day ancient Rome.
Haven't you heard that quote? "Today America is the Roman Empire and New York is Rome itself".

Isleño
06-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Haven't you heard that quote? "Today America is the Roman Empire and New York is Rome itself".

No, I've never heard that quote. But it seems like my government is trying to be like this. Everytime I see that we are in some country snooping around, I shake my head. The U.S. needs to stay out of people's business and worry about our own country only.

awyr dywyll
06-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Russia launched military maneuvers in its European exclave, Kaliningrad, on June 10, one day after NATO began its own war games near the Russian border.

The Russian Defense Ministry said military drills involving the Baltic Sea fleet, the Russian Air Force, and paratroopers are under way in Kaliningrad, Russia's westernmost region sandwiched between EU and NATO members Lithuania and Poland.

Meanwhile, NATO has launched one of its largest-ever military maneuvers in the former Soviet Baltic countries of Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia.

The exercises come as tensions between NATO and Russia have spiked over its annexation of Ukraine's Crimea peninsula in March.

Around 4,700 troops and 800 military vehicles from 10 countries are participating in the exercises, which started in Latvia on June 9, moved to Lithuania on June 10, and conclude in Estonia later in the week.

Russia has objected to the drills, describing them as an "act of aggression."

http://world.einnews.com/article/208732314/2l-cCH8GGHGAxbTx

awyr dywyll
06-11-2014, 08:46 AM
No, I've never heard that quote. But it seems like my government is trying to be like this. Everytime I see that we are in some country snooping around, I shake my head. The U.S. needs to stay out of people's business and worry about our own country only.

It is called "collective security system". It was created in the past for some reasons, which are still actual

awyr dywyll
06-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Not take away from Russains the right to call themselves only veritable successors of Rome! It is more closer to the truth btw

Siberyak
06-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Certainly these countries have the right to say if they want nato troops on their land and not just because the usa tells them they have too.

Loki
06-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Russia launched military maneuvers in its European exclave, Kaliningrad, on June 10, one day after NATO began its own war games near the Russian border.

Yes, I know. This is in response to the NATO military build-up and wargames. NATO was surprised at the quick Russian response. ;)

Maybe Russia needs to liberate Poland from NATO occupation, and depose the puppet government of Donald Tusk.

Russia can launch a two-pronged invasion from Kaliningrad and via Belarus. Land and see.

Dombra
06-11-2014, 09:11 AM
I don´t blame the Baltic states for bringing NATO, they are the first Russia would like to gobble up

Maybe Russia needs to liberate Poland from NATO occupation, and depose the puppet government of Donald Tusk.

Sounds exactly like a Russian version of "´muricah bringing democracy" :(

awyr dywyll
06-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Yes, I know. This is in response to the NATO military build-up and wargames. NATO was surprised at the quick Russian response. ;)

He-he! Russia itself need the liberation from Kremlin Kashey Bezsmertny and KGB maffia fetters

awyr dywyll
06-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Sounds exactly like a Russian version of "´muricah bringing democracy" :(
It is very interesting phenomenon btw, Europe had two different models of political structures:One is western type, where imposed to captured or loyal territories the new order, old structures must be abolished at this. And the second type is eastern, there occupied nations can still have the old authority but under one clause-this authority must be absolutely loyal to the high king of master race,or his puppet in reality. The second model is absolutely Roman by origin, but the first-absolutely not. One more detail which makes Russia closer to Roman model

Loki
06-11-2014, 10:03 AM
I don´t blame the Baltic states for bringing NATO, they are the first Russia would like to gobble up

That is exactly the NATO paranoia. Russia has no intention to invade the Baltic states. Heck, it didn't even invade Ukraine. People are severely overreacting, and it is no good for European security to rile Russia. Why not be friends rather? That is what Russia wants, but apparently not NATO.

Drawing-slim
06-11-2014, 10:14 AM

Russia can launch a two-pronged invasion from Kaliningrad and via Belarus. Land and see.

You sound like you work close to Putin. Like buddy buddies:D
Anyway Slovakia and checks are sacred of Russia since Russia rolled their tanks into their cities in the passed, but Albania kicked the shit out of Russians out of our Ionian Sea.

Empecinado
06-11-2014, 10:29 AM
US promoves Islam in Czech republic:

http://muslimove.cz/wp-content/uploads/logo.jpg

The Czech education ministry has approved a new project introduced by a Muslim group to offer free seminars and lectures to educate pupils on Islam and the life of Muslims in the European country.

The project's sponsors include the U.S. Embassy in Prague and the Anna Lindh Foundation, an intergovernmental organization.

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/europe/471131-czech-students-offered-islam-education.html

Loki
06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
US promoves Islam in Czech republic:

http://muslimove.cz/wp-content/uploads/logo.jpg

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/europe/471131-czech-students-offered-islam-education.html

The US doesn't care for Europe, only for their own geopolitical empire supremacy.

Loki
06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Albania kicked the shit out of Russians out of our Ionian Sea.

Yeah right, okay :laugh:

Siberyak
06-11-2014, 10:38 AM
The US doesn't care for Europe, only for their own geopolitical empire supremacy.

The us cares about europe like they care about Iraq, Libya and all other countries they have injected tension into. They sure as hell don't care about Ukraine

Drawing-slim
06-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Yeah right, okay :laugh:

I'm dead serious. We kicked Russia out and even took their submarines:D I swear I'm not making this up.
In fact this is exactly what happened; Russia invaded Czechoslovakia, Albania was the only European country to openly condemn Russia, and we sad bitch come at us if you have balls!
Russians came to Albania the island of corfuz and we kicked the shit out of them and even took a big submarine from them.
True story. Albania under dictator Hoxha had some power and willing to fight hard.

Loki
06-11-2014, 10:46 AM
The us cares about europe like they care about Iraq, Libya and all other countries they have injected tension into. They sure as hell don't care about Ukraine

They do care about the natural resources/gas/shale gas in the Ukraine, though. Predictable.

Dombra
06-11-2014, 12:17 PM
That is exactly the NATO paranoia. Russia has no intention to invade the Baltic states. Heck, it didn't even invade Ukraine. People are severely overreacting, and it is no good for European security to rile Russia. Why not be friends rather? That is what Russia wants, but apparently not NATO.

:rolleyes: