PDA

View Full Version : Guess the ethnicity of this girl

alnortedelsur
06-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Lets see who is the first one who guess correctly her ethnicity:

http://g1.img-dpreview.com/61ED136F5A1B4B7EB1644D5829E89BF5.jpg

TCDA1986
06-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Is not really a case of how good, because she can look like one thing and be from somewhere else. So if you say I look german you'#re not "wrong" because maybe I do look German even if I am not.

I think her best fit is SE Europe because hse mixes South European coloring with slightly Russian "flat" features that suggest reduced Mongoloid influence, eg Balkans, maybe Serbia, she reminds a little to Ana Ivanovic.

But no doubt she also could pass in Argentina and most of Southern Europe as well.

alnortedelsur
06-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Is not really a case of how good, because she can look like one thing and be from somewhere else. So if you say I look german you'#re not "wrong" because maybe I do look German even if I am not.

I think her best fit is SE Europe because hse mixes South European coloring with slightly Russian "flat" features that suggest reduced Mongoloid influence, eg Balkans, maybe Serbia, she reminds a little to Ana Ivanovic.

But no doubt she also could pass in Argentina and most of Southern Europe as well.

Nice try, but she is not from there. Thank you for trying, anyways.

You can try again:)

nose
06-10-2014, 02:13 PM
norway

TCDA1986
06-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Nice try, but she is not from there. Thank you for trying, anyways.

You can try again:)

Is not a "try" lol I am just saying where I think she fits best. I guess she could be from anywhere but Taxonomy is not to guess where someone was born.

alnortedelsur
06-10-2014, 02:17 PM
You got it!

How did you guessed so quickly that she was from Norway:icon_eyes:

I didn't expect that somebody would guess is that quickly:icon_eyes:

alnortedelsur
06-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Is not a "try" lol I am just saying where I think she fits best. I guess she could be from anywhere but Taxonomy is not to guess where someone was born.

OK no worries. Probably I didn't chose the appropriate words.

But you don't need to be so defensive about this. That's fine.

EDIT: And I was not meaning to guess her born place (wrong choice of words from my part), I was meaning to guess her ethnicity. And when I mean "guessing", I don't mean to "guess for guessing" without any knowledge, but to say what do you think could be her ethnicity, based on your knowledge, and see if somebody "guesses" correctly the exact ethnic group where she belongs.

In this case I thought that nobody would be able to guess her true ethnicity (at least not immediately), because she is not Nordic looking, as many people would expect that all Norwegians, or almost all Norwegians, are supposed to look like.

That's why I opened this thread, because that Norwegian girl is somewhat atypical in Norway. She differs from the stereotypical Norwegian with sharpened features, square jaw, deep blue eyes (though the girl has blue eyes), and blonde hair. But "nose" figured it out by googling, much sooner than I expected that somebody would do.

nose
06-10-2014, 02:31 PM
You got it!

How did you guessed so quickly that she was from Norway:icon_eyes:

I didn't expect that somebody would guess is that quickly:icon_eyes:

i searched the image in google

alnortedelsur
06-10-2014, 02:50 PM
i searched the image in google

Yeah, that's what I supposed.