PDA

View Full Version : india reborn (a documentary about india)

Mortimer
06-20-2014, 04:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fqAyUwwSXA

i dont like how they say "india is challenging the west and india will rule the world (one guy says india and china will rule the world). that gives bad image to indians. but overall it is a good documentary and you see rich and poor indians and many faces of india.

GrebluBro
06-20-2014, 04:42 AM
Be ready to see some shitty comments..

Hadouken
06-20-2014, 04:58 AM
27:15 - 28:20 is very sad ....you can see the sorrow so clearly in their eyes

SardiniaAtlantis
06-20-2014, 05:13 AM
[v

i dont like how they say "india is challenging the west and india will rule the world (one guy says india and china will rule the world). that gives bad image to indians. but overall it is a good documentary and you see rich and poor indians and many faces of india.

I don't think it gives a bad image to India nor China when we hear it about them.. It might be frightening to us Westerners but looking at it objectively its all relative.

GrebluBro
06-20-2014, 05:19 AM

Well, several thousand Indians will dominate in various fields all over the world when their country remain poor.
For instance, 1/3rd of start-up computer firms in the US are founded by Indians...In coming years, their domination, along with Chinese, would be in other fields as well cuz of huge population (rather than extraordinary intelligence of avg citizen).

Mortimer
06-20-2014, 05:29 AM
I don't think it gives a bad image to India nor China when we hear it about them.. It might be frightening to us Westerners but looking at it objectively its all relative.

i think it does give a bad image, also it is wrong im sure, they wont "rule" the world, maybe they will become slightly more wealthy and gain in importance in the world. but if someone says "we will rule the world" it sounds imperialistic and fascist to me, not even americans say "usa rules the world" but they do, but it would be arrogant to say so. i didnt liked it

SardiniaAtlantis
06-20-2014, 05:31 AM
i think it does give a bad image, also it is wrong im sure, they wont "rule" the world, maybe they will become slightly more wealthy and gain in importance in the world. but if someone says "we will rule the world" it sounds imperialistic and fascist to me, not even americans say "usa rules the world" but they do, but it would be arrogant to say so. i didnt liked it

Aha.. it conjures up an Iron fisted image in your head.. I don't think they intended it that way at all. :)
Also are you going to grow a goatee?

Mortimer
06-20-2014, 05:34 AM
Aha.. it conjures up an Iron fisted image in your head.. I don't think they intended it that way at all. :)
Also are you going to grow a goatee?

it sounds like that though, to me at least. why should someone rule another etc. thats arrogant and imperialistic.
if they said india will gain internationally in importance and increase wealth for their citizens it would sound ok to me. i dont like the words they choose. maybe they did it on intention to make it sound frightening to westerners and create image that west needs to "defeat them" to keep their position, it doesnt sound about coopeartion and peace etc.

maybe i will grow a goatee dont know yet

SardiniaAtlantis
06-20-2014, 05:42 AM
it sounds like that though, to me at least. why should someone rule another etc. thats arrogant and imperialistic.
if they said india will gain internationally in importance and increase wealth for their citizens it would sound ok to me. i dont like the words they choose. maybe they did it on intention to make it sound frightening to westerners and create image that west needs to "defeat them" to keep their position, it doesnt sound about coopeartion and peace etc.

maybe i will grow a goatee dont know yet

I think that is what they meant. Basically India and China will be in control more when it comes to world affairs as the US has been for a large part of modern history. I dont think there was an ill intent on their part to be honest... You might look nicer with the Goatee more bad ass...!