PDA

View Full Version : Islamic States Condemn Armenia

Musso
06-20-2014, 05:01 AM
The Organization of Islamic States has continuously condemned Armenia, in both the OIS and also at the UN. They have also routinely armed and supported Azerbaijan in every way possible politically, economically, and militarily. During the Karabakh War weapons flowed from heavy weight Sunni States, Taliban, and other Islamist groups to fight the Armenians. Pakistan till this day doesn't recognize Armenia as a State and Armenia lacks relations with several Islamic states as a result.

The 41st Session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) saw the adoption of resolutions on NK conflict.
Entitled “Exploring Areas of Islamic Cooperation”, the session took place in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, AzerTag reports.
In his remarks at the session, OIC Secretary General Iyad Ameen Madani touched upon the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. He reiterated his support for Azerbaijan, saying the county`s lands had still been under Armenia`s occupation. Mr. Madani called on the OIC member states to support Azerbaijan`s “just position” on the dispute. He also expressed OIC`s readiness to contribute to efforts to find a solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh problem in compliance with Azerbaijan`s territorial integrity and sovereignty.
Azerbaijan`s special envoy Agshin Mehdiyev said Azerbaijan was in solidarity with Muslim countries, and expressed the country`s keenness to strengthen cooperation with the OIC member states.
He also noted the importance of strengthening efforts to prevent and combat international terrorism and Islamophobic trends.
Mr. Mehdiyev provided an insight into Armenia`s aggression against Azerbaijan. He thanked the OIC member states for continuous support of Azerbaijan’s position on the dispute.
The Council of Foreign Ministers adopted resolutions called “The aggression of the Republic of Armenia against the Republic of Azerbaijan” and “Destruction and desecration of the Islamic historical and cultural heritage and places of worship in the occupied Azerbaijani lands as a result of the aggression of the Republic of Armenia against the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
The resolution also features a special paragraph on the “Justice for Khojaly” campaign, which was presented by the Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation.

http://news.az/articles/karabakh/89469

StonyArabia
06-20-2014, 05:08 AM
Quite interesting to see Saudi taking Azerbaijan's side with the sectarian difference between the two.

Musso
06-20-2014, 11:48 AM
Quite interesting to see Saudi taking Azerbaijan's side with the sectarian difference between the two.

Saudi Arabia and all the Sunni Gulf States have always strongly supported Azerbaijan over Armenia.

The Lawspeaker
06-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Fuck those Islamic states then.

Musso
06-20-2014, 12:07 PM
During the Karabakh War between Armenians of Karabakh and Azerbaijan, while Armenia was pretty much alone in the conflict, the Azeris were supported by:

-Turkey
-Grey Wolves (Nationalistic/Turkic group)
-Afghan Mujahideen (Hezb-e-Islami)
-Chechen Islamic Militants (led by notorious terrorist Shamil Basayev)
-Al-Qaeda elements were active in Azerbaijan
-Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and other Gulf States sent considerable military aid
-Numerous fatwas and calls for jihad against Armenians

As you can see, if you are a Muslim nation, you are well supported, while as a Christian nation, you are pretty much on your own.

Musso
06-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately, Christian solidarity between nations has pretty much died, while Muslim solidarity is alive and strong.

Hayalet
06-20-2014, 03:57 PM
During the Karabakh War between Armenians of Karabakh and Azerbaijan, while Armenia was pretty much alone in the conflict, the Azeris were supported by:

-Turkey

As you can see, if you are a Muslim nation, you are well supported, while as a Christian nation, you are pretty much on your own.
That's just delusional. Armenia was (and indeed still is) a satellite state of Russia.

Dandelion
06-20-2014, 04:00 PM
The Russo-Armenian brotherhood isn't that strong today, I suspect. No expert on the matter nonetheless.

Yehiel
06-20-2014, 04:00 PM
welcome to the club

StonyArabia
06-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Saudi Arabia and all the Sunni Gulf States have always strongly supported Azerbaijan over Armenia.

I see it's quite interesting because of Azerbaijan being Shia, one would think they would not lend any support to it. However cross over sectarian alliances often do occur from time to time, I believe that Azerbaijan despite being Shia is supported because it's a Muslim nation that is seen to be attacked or versus a Christian one. Also Azerbaijan is not pro Iran despite being Shia also helps in that regard, though it's interesting still to see Sunni nations helping a Shia nation since I did not expect that.

Musso
06-20-2014, 04:16 PM
That's just delusional. Armenia was (and indeed still is) a satellite state of Russia.

Delusional? Russia matter of fact was supporting both sides, Azeris still had initial Soviet Support since Armenia had succeeded from the Soviet Union before Azerbaijan did.

The Russo-Armenian brotherhood isn't that strong today, I suspect. No expert on the matter nonetheless.

Our closest relations are with Russia without a doubt, not sure though if Armenians consider Russians their "brothers".

I see it's quite interesting because of Azerbaijan being Shia, one would think they would not lend any support to it. However cross over sectarian alliances often do occur from time to time, I believe that Azerbaijan despite being Shia is supported because it's a Muslim nation that is seen to be attacked or versus a Christian one. Also Azerbaijan is not pro Iran despite being Shia also helps in that regard, though it's interesting still to see Sunni nations helping a Shia nation since I did not expect that.

Azerbaijan is not that religious actually. They are heavily secular so religion plays little role. They have played the Islam card to gather sympathy and support, but in reality Azerbaijan is religiously apathetic.

Scholarios
06-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Well, basically anything the Islamic States Organization says is nauseating hypocrisy , I think we can safely ignore them. Member nations Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Somalia talking about human rights is like a whino talking about temperance.

Fortis in Arduis
06-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Bring on the fracking and the renewable energy.

StonyArabia
06-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Azerbaijan is not that religious actually. They are heavily secular so religion plays little role. They have played the Islam card to gather sympathy and support, but in reality Azerbaijan is religiously apathetic.

Yes I know that, but still they are Shia nation, and Shiaism probably plays a role in their culture. Anyways I think Arab countries should not support Azerbaijan.

random
06-21-2014, 08:39 PM

-Turkey

If this was true Armenia would've been defeated in one week.

The Lawspeaker
06-21-2014, 08:40 PM
Bring on the fracking and the renewable energy.

Hear hear !

LightHouse89
06-21-2014, 08:46 PM
ah the old world and their usual retardation.

StonyArabia
06-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Musso btw you should take it with a grain of salt, Armenians are highly respected in the Arab world. Despite being Christians and non-Arabs, they always have successfully integrated even in Kuwait and UAE.

Yaroslav
06-21-2014, 08:57 PM
welcome to the club

Israel is funded and armed to the teeth by the West, including with nuclear and biological weaponry, despite their illegal invasion, occupation, settlement, and ethnic cleansing of a land they were kicked out from by God nearly 2000 years ago! Completely different from Armenia, which only has tepid Russian support.

Maleficent
06-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Lol. Armenia will prevail, that's for sure. Armenia is superior to all of those Islamic States put together.

Musso
06-21-2014, 09:05 PM

When I say supported by Turkey or Saudi Arabia doesn't mean Turkish armies were fighting, but rather sending military aid and advisers. But it's beyond a doubt that Chechen and Afghan Mujahedeen were used against Armenians. Fighting against a determined people in their native mountainous homeland, is tough to accomplish.

Maleficent
06-21-2014, 09:14 PM
Israel is funded and armed to the teeth by the West, including with nuclear and biological weaponry, despite their illegal invasion, occupation, settlement, and ethnic cleansing of a land they were kicked out from by God nearly 2000 years ago! Completely different from Armenia, which only has tepid Russian support.Good one!

Shah-Jehan
06-21-2014, 09:21 PM
What are you talking about? Russian soldiers to this day have military bases in Armenia and even guard Armenia's borders. The only reason Turkey did not intervene was because of Russia.

AND OIC allegedly supporting Azerbaijan is probably because OIC president is Turkish.

AND what about Iran? To this day on, Iran supports Armenia diplomatically.

Musso
06-21-2014, 09:24 PM
What are you talking about? Russian soldiers to this day have military bases in Armenia and even guard Armenia's borders. The only reason Turkey did not intervene was because of Russia.

AND OIC allegedly supporting Azerbaijan is probably because OIC president is Turkish.

AND what about Iran? To this day on, Iran supports Armenia diplomatically.

Yes, but Russia still arms Azerbaijan and during the Karabakh war aided both sides. There is definitely no "Christian Solidarity" between Russia and Armenia just a convenient alliance for both sides.

Iran similarly supported both sides, Northern Iran has a large number of ethnic Azeris that are increasingly viewing themselves as part of the larger Azeri nation. Iran has good relations with Armenia, but it's not like they choose Armenia over Azerbaijan out right.

Yuffayur
06-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Yes I know that, but still they are Shia nation, and Shiaism probably plays a role in their culture. Anyways I think Arab countries should not support Azerbaijan.

I personaly dislike Saudi politic, I don't have any problem with Saudis, but the guy up is exaggerating, do you really think that a small poor country like Armenia is abble to beat Azerbaijan if this last is supported by all this pseudo-muslims states ?? KSA is clearly anti-shia they will never help them.

Yuffayur
06-21-2014, 09:37 PM
Lol. Armenia will prevail, that's for sure. Armenia is superior to all of those Islamic States put together.

In what exactly ?? Armenid nose yes.

Maleficent
06-21-2014, 09:41 PM
In what exactly ?? Armenid nose yes.

You're an atheist Berber. What do you have against Armenia?

Yuffayur
06-21-2014, 09:46 PM
You're an atheist Berber. What do you have against Armenia?

I love all people"not all lool" but I hate your stupid religions. an this thread is talking by a religious view.

Gaston
06-21-2014, 09:50 PM
I love all people"not all lool" but I hate your stupid religions. an this thread is talking by a religious view.

Because islam IS actually an indirect threat to Armenia. Just like it is to Berbers, except you don't even have a country of your own.

Azalea
06-21-2014, 09:52 PM

1+1 = 2

Armenia + Iran = onelove
Iran + Saudi Arabia = hate
Iran + Azerbaycan = hate

So what side could the Saudis possibly pick?

Yuffayur
06-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Because islam IS actually an indirect threat to Armenia. Just like it is to Berbers, except you don't even have a country of your own.

lol it's not the same thing bro, Armenians are a small people in a small country surrounded by Muslim country, so your partly true, Islamist are their ennemies, but mine are muslims, still the majority and have all the land even if we have stupid regimes.

Anatolian Eagle
06-21-2014, 10:19 PM

-Turkey

Only volunteer groups such as Grey Wolves, Chechen militants (both in low numbers) and Afghan militants lend their aid, that's about it. Others who provided some aid Azerbaijan were Turkey and Israel and they didn't get directly involved in the war. Although Russia provided aid to both sides, it's no secret that their support towards Armenia has been greater than it was to Azerbaijan and eventhough not in the war, Armenia generally has diplomatic support of Islamic Republic of Iran against Azerbaijan.

Anatolian Eagle
06-21-2014, 10:21 PM
Unfortunately, Christian solidarity between nations has pretty much died, while Muslim solidarity is alive and strong.

Joke of the week.

Anatolian Eagle
06-21-2014, 10:22 PM
Musso btw you should take it with a grain of salt, Armenians are highly respected in the Arab world. Despite being Christians and non-Arabs, they always have successfully integrated even in Kuwait and UAE.

And with this what else left out there that is not "highly respected in the Arab world"? Damn you're such a brown-noser lol.

roro4721
06-21-2014, 10:26 PM
And with this what else left out there that is not "highly respected in the Arab world"? Damn you're such a brown-noser lol.

My god, you're so hateful

Xanthias
06-21-2014, 10:27 PM
-Turkey

I would rightfully massmurder them all.

Anatolian Eagle
06-21-2014, 10:37 PM
My god, you're so hateful

Yeah sorry, I try my best to become a peaceful angel of heaven like you, but unfortunately I'm not really good at it.

Either way, I know the guy long enough here to base my statement on something and you're not the one judge it with such accusation.

roro4721
06-21-2014, 10:57 PM
Yeah sorry, I try my best to become a peaceful angel of heaven like you, but unfortunately I'm not really good at it.

Either way, I know the guy long enough here to base my statement on something and you're not the one judge it with such accusation.

It seems you're not only hateful, but also a hypocrite.

roro4721
06-21-2014, 11:03 PM
Also, Nabtea was right in what he said. There are a good amount of Armenians in the UAE and Kuwait and I've never heard any of them speak of being treated badly. You obviously don't know much about the Gulf countries, but yet you insisted on insulting somebody because they wrote an opinion you don't agree with.

Anatolian Eagle
06-21-2014, 11:12 PM
It seems you're not only hateful, but also a hypocrite.

Considering you're the greatest expert of all time about me, I'll take your conclusion into consideration.

Anatolian Eagle
06-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Also, Nabtea was right in what he said. There are a good amount of Armenians in the UAE and Kuwait and I've never heard any of them speak of being treated badly. You obviously don't know much about the Gulf countries, but yet you insisted on insulting somebody because they wrote an opinion you don't agree with.

Bla bla bla I don't care about how your precious Armenians not being treated that badly, everyday something becomes "highly respected in Arab world" based on the interlocutor and that's what I'm commenting on.

StonyArabia
06-21-2014, 11:18 PM
1+1 = 2

Armenia + Iran = onelove
Iran + Azerbaycan = hate

This probably true, but the Saudis and other Arabs should not help Azerbaijan. Although the support most likely is not important to even mention. Arabs should focus on their own issues rather than supporting alien nations that probably dislike them.

roro4721
06-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Bla bla bla I don't care about how your precious Armenians not being treated that badly, everyday something becomes "highly respected in Arab world" based on the interlocutor and that's what I'm commenting on.

hivant

StonyArabia
06-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Armenians are cool, and are good to have as their often quite the loyal people.

legolasbozo
06-22-2014, 12:28 AM

Those countiries see muslim immigrants as a slave, let put aside armenians.

Azalea
06-22-2014, 12:37 AM
It's the dark ethnic groups they treat like shit. Pakistanis, Asians and Africans are treated worse than dogs in the UAE.

StonyArabia
06-22-2014, 12:49 AM
It's the dark ethnic groups they treat like shit. Pakistanis, Asians and Africans are treated worse than dogs in the UAE.

Not true.

Azalea
06-22-2014, 12:56 AM
http://www.spittoon.org/archives/10174

First hit. Simply google 'UAE racism' and you'll get tons of sites and sources. Racism against Africans, East and South Asians is a big problem in the UAE.

StonyArabia
06-22-2014, 01:00 AM
http://www.spittoon.org/archives/10174

If that was true Balochies would be discriminated but their highly respected. Also Sudanese and Somalis are treated very well. It has to do more with soci-economic stand more than anything. You don't have to thumb me down for stating that Arabs should mind their own business. Azerbaijan can manage on it's own.

Musso
06-22-2014, 02:43 AM
1+1 = 2

Armenia + Iran = onelove
Iran + Azerbaycan = hate

We have good relations with the Iranians, but people forget that Northern Iran is majority Azeri, and increasingly those Azeris are anti-Armenian. While the average Iranian in Tehran is not usually anti-Armenian, the average Azeri that is only a few miles from Armenian border and listens to Azeri news, can be anti-Armenian. That's the major issue. Unfortunately, Iran in all these resolutions still votes against us, I don't know why.

Only volunteer groups such as Grey Wolves, Chechen militants (both in low numbers) and Afghan militants lend their aid, that's about it. Others who provided some aid Azerbaijan were Turkey and Israel and they didn't get directly involved in the war. Although Russia provided aid to both sides, it's no secret that their support towards Armenia has been greater than it was to Azerbaijan and eventhough not in the war, Armenia generally has diplomatic support of Islamic Republic of Iran against Azerbaijan.

I never said Turkey got directly involved in the war. Indirect help, of course occurred. Russia's support to Armenia and Azerbaijan was a bit complicated. At first, they aided Azerbaijan, then they began to aid Armenia more. Russia wanted to bring about a balance. Azerbaijan had Soviet support at the beginning since Armenia had declared independence from Soviet Union. Hence Azeris still had a good amount of Soviet weapons at their disposal.

I'm not sure that Armenia had full diplomatic support of Iran. Actually Iran threatened Armenia, when fighting got close to their border. Iran did help us by providing our country with gas, but they also gave humanitarian help to the Azeris (one of the first countries to do so).

Shah-Jehan
06-22-2014, 02:46 AM
We have good relations with the Iranians, but people forget that Northern Iran is majority Azeri, and increasingly those Azeris are anti-Armenian. While the average Iranian in Tehran is not usually anti-Armenian, the average Azeri that is only a few miles from Armenian border and listens to Azeri news, can be anti-Armenian. That's the major issue. Unfortunately, Iran in all these resolutions still votes against us, I don't know why.

Stupid logic. You do know that Iran's Supreme leader is an Azerbaijani right? He still supports Armenia, not Azerbaijan because the latter has very good relations with Israel.

Musso
06-22-2014, 02:49 AM
Stupid logic. You do know that Iran's Supreme leader is an Azerbaijani right? He still supports Armenia, not Azerbaijan because the latter has very good relations with Israel.

He is half-Azeri, but obviously he is not brainwashed by the Azeri propaganda coming from Baku that is brainwashing many Azeris in Northern Iran. I said Iran and Armenia have good relations, but I don't see evidence that the Ayatollah or Iranian Government specifically chooses Armenia over Azerbaijan. They want to play a mediator role and increase their prominence in the region. President of Azerbaijan was recently in Tehran actually.

Shah-Jehan
06-22-2014, 02:51 AM
He is half-Azeri, but obviously he is not brainwashed by the Azeri propaganda coming from Baku that is brainwashing many Azeris in Northern Iran. I said Iran and Armenia have good relations, but I don't see evidence that the Ayatollah or Iranian Government specifically chooses Armenia over Azerbaijan. They want to play a mediator role and increase their prominence in the region. President of Azerbaijan was recently in Tehran actually.

but, then you see some Muslim countries doing so right?:lol:

I don't know why bigotry is so popular in this world.

Musso
06-22-2014, 02:56 AM
but, then you see some Muslim countries doing so right?:lol:

I don't know why bigotry is so popular in this world.

I don't have anything against Muslims or Islam. But the OIS and many Muslim countries in the UN unfortunately gang up on Armenia in support of pro-Azeri resolutions. The sense of Muslim solidarity is much stronger than Christian solidarity in modern politics.

Axios
06-22-2014, 08:56 AM
I'm not pretending to ofend anyone but in my opinion ALL religions are bullshit, and religions make us believe that there is a supreme god, and we have to follow their stupid rules. Man invents them (and what does not suit you modify it), every human being with power needs money and if that means stupid fake rules with lies who cares right?. Religion = synonymous mind control of the owners of this world.
They Only set back human intelligence.

Anatolian Eagle
06-22-2014, 10:20 AM
hivant

Seems like you yourself are nothing different than what you accused me of in first place with these personal attacks now in your native language which you think I'm not supposed to understand while I'm preventing myself from doing any of those towards you. You obviously don't get my point nor you have intention of doing so just keep silent if you have nothing better to say.

roro4721
06-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Seems like you yourself are nothing different than what you accused me of in first place with these personal attacks now in your native language which you think I'm not supposed to understand while I'm preventing myself from doing any of those towards you. You obviously don't get my point nor you have intention of doing so just keep silent if you have nothing better to say.

lol, i called you ill because i worry for your mental stability. i advise you express your anger with a psychiatrist, not me.

templumForasticus
06-22-2014, 10:32 AM
welcome to the club

As far as I know, Armenia cannot defend with drones/atomic bomb.

kisses to Armenians.

Anatolian Eagle
06-22-2014, 10:42 AM
lol, i called you ill because i worry for your mental stability. i advise you express your anger with a psychiatrist, not me.

I know what you said there. I appreciate your kind concern, but I'm far from having any mental instability or anger issues.

Peyrol
06-22-2014, 10:52 AM
MOHAMMED: ''Jihad, Jihad!''

PETER: ''oh, a salmon helmet, thanks!''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQgtY-EVwo

Kamal900
06-22-2014, 11:05 AM

-Turkey

Well, Syria and Lebanon arent against armenia or anything, but then again, those countries are secular and the people there(despite the majority of them are muslims) do support Armenia rather than Azerbaijan as i do(I mean, hell, there are over 150,000 armenians living in Lebanon alone). Iran also supports armenia despite being a muslim country, because they also have beef against Azerbaijan which in the past used to be part of Iran.

StonyArabia
06-25-2014, 06:16 PM

There is nothing brown noser here, I am just stating the facts that the decision of the Islamic states or whatever does not reflect reality on the ground. As well the Arab nations should mind their own business and don't get tangled into this conflict that they have nothing to do with.

Anatolian Eagle
06-26-2014, 07:19 PM
There is nothing brown noser here, I am just stating the facts that the decision of the Islamic states or whatever does not reflect reality on the ground. As well the Arab nations should mind their own business and don't get tangled into this conflict that they have nothing to do with.

Yes, it's indeed right, if it was up to me I would make entire OIC dissolve itself. Arabs barely get involved in others' conflict anyway, and I don't believe there have been any kind of Arab support to Azerbaijan. It's mostly other way around, others get involved in Arabs' countless number of conflicts/wars they have nothing to do with.

I was merely stating the fact that everyday you state you "highly respect" something new in your Arab world. Even here 5 pages ago it was the Armenians, 3 pages ago it was the Baluchies, and nowadays it's Israel? xD

StonyArabia
06-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Yes, it's indeed right, if it was up to me I would make entire OIC dissolve itself. Arabs barely get involved in others' conflict anyway, and I don't believe there have been any kind of Arab support to Azerbaijan. It's mostly other way around, others get involved in Arabs' countless number of conflicts/wars they have nothing to do with.

That's true, I agree, but then again people get involved in Arab conflicts due to their importance in geopolitics to strengthen their influence. OIC does not hold much political power, it's just an organization that talks but never does the walk, in some ways you can say it's already dissolved. Arab countries for the most part are small, or they have gone through down world spiral. Former regional hegemony like Egypt and Iraq.

I was merely stating the fact that everyday you state you "highly respect" something new in your Arab world. Even here 5 pages ago it was the Armenians, 3 pages ago it was the Baluchies, and nowadays it's Israel? xD

Well with Armenians people are neutral and people do have respect for them since they tend to be loyal to their host nations, yes Baluchis are highly respected and are seen as our brotherly nation. Israel well they are our genetic cousins, and I feel affinity toward them, and many Arabs do as well.

Musso
06-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Well, Syria and Lebanon arent against armenia or anything, but then again, those countries are secular and the people there(despite the majority of them are muslims) do support Armenia rather than Azerbaijan as i do(I mean, hell, there are over 150,000 armenians living in Lebanon alone). Iran also supports armenia despite being a muslim country, because they also have beef against Azerbaijan which in the past used to be part of Iran.

I'd say the major force in Lebanon and Syria that makes those countries have friendly relations with Armenia is the large Armenian communities that have historically lived there. Lebanon especially. But Lebanon of course is very divided. Armenians in the Arab World, have tended to always try to not take sides and keep to themselves, but just look at things, it seems we have generally had better relations with Shia States than Sunni states (the big exception being Azerbaijan).

Hevo
06-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Armenians are cool, they don't take shit from anyone.

StonyArabia
06-28-2014, 02:15 PM
I personaly dislike Saudi politic, I don't have any problem with Saudis, but the guy up is exaggerating, do you really think that a small poor country like Armenia is abble to beat Azerbaijan if this last is supported by all this pseudo-muslims states ?? KSA is clearly anti-shia they will never help them.

Good point actually there is some exaggeration no doubt of course, I don't think KSA or any of the other Arab nations care about this conflict and frankly it's none of our business.

Armenian Bishop
06-30-2014, 12:40 AM

-Turkey

Actually, Azerbaijan received more help than Musso has described here, including military advisors from the USA, bomber pilots from the Ukraine and Russia, and logistical armament support from Israel, the Ukraine and Russia. On one occasion, a Ukrainian Pilot, hired to fly bomber missions over Karabakh, was shot out of the sky and captured by Armenians. He explained that he was unemployed in the Ukraine, when he agreed to fly bomber missions for Azerbaijan, where he was paid lavishly.

Well, it's very true, and Armenia wasn't defeated in 1 Week, on the contrary, Armenia defeated all of the hosts that Azerbaijan sent against them, and captured the very tanks that Turkey provided to Azerbaijan. There are photographs that show Armenians, in the Karabakh War, driving captured Azeri tanks, with the Turkish Star & Crescent Insignia clearly displayed on them.

When I say supported by Turkey orSaudi Arabia doesn't mean Turkish armies were fighting, but rather sending military aid and advisers. But it's beyond a doubt that Chechen and Afghan Mujahedeen were used against Armenians. Fighting against a determined people in their native mountainous homeland, is tough to accomplish.

Turkey did help Azerbaijan, during the Karabakh War (1988 - 1994). They did a lot for Azerbaijan. Turkey provided some "350 officers and 'thousands' of volunteers, including 200 Grey Wolves." Turkey also provided logistical support, including military hardware and supplies. Turkey has always worked aggressively to support Azerbaijan, with diplomatic cooperation and supportive propaganda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagorno-Karabakh_War

In 1992, Turkey and Azerbaijan worked together to aggressively distribute false propaganda about the Khojaly massacre, with a news blitz that reached all of the major news magazines. Khojaly Massacre Propaganda has been debunked with concrete evidence of photoshopped photographic evidence, and many other false claims. In fact, The Khojaly Massacre was a tragic example of friendly fire, where civilians suffered the consequences, beyond the reach of Armenian military units, within the Azeri zones of control.

In 1993, Turkish Prime Minister Tansu Ciller threatened a Turkish invasion of Armenia, should Armenia seize and reclaim Azeri controlled Nakhichivan.