PDA

View Full Version : Does he look S.Italian?

GrebluBro
06-22-2014, 09:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ijKb1tu.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/1PNcLua.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/yfPC3oE.jpg

Sikeliot
06-22-2014, 09:37 PM
No. He looks quadroon to me.

blogen
06-22-2014, 09:44 PM
No, he is a North/Central Italian or average Italian for me!

Mirko
06-22-2014, 09:53 PM
To me, he look maghrebian, specially in the first pic!

Sikeliot
06-22-2014, 09:55 PM

I was torn between that or an Afro-Iberian mix, like Puerto Rican.

randomguy1235
06-22-2014, 10:02 PM

No way he's quadroon. He looks very Caucasoid.

Sikeliot
06-22-2014, 10:04 PM

He looks mixed to me, but definitely more Iberian-like than Italian.

Smeagol
06-22-2014, 10:04 PM
I see nothing Negroid about him.. I think he can pas as Italian.

Ianus
06-22-2014, 10:54 PM
Looks Iberian for me

Ulla
06-22-2014, 11:08 PM
He is a mixture, North African + Continental European.

GrebluBro
06-22-2014, 11:27 PM
He is a mixture, North African + Continental European.

Could you remove his ancestry..TA members' opinion would be influenced by this :)

Ulla
06-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Could you remove his ancestry..TA members' opinion would be influenced by this :)

So is it true? Is a mix? :)

GrebluBro
06-22-2014, 11:45 PM

You only posted first.. I thought you knew it for sure..:confused:
Edit your posts which talk about his ancestry :(

Ulla
06-23-2014, 12:01 AM
You only posted first.. I thought you knew it for sure..:confused:
Edit your posts which talk about his ancestry :(

It's rather obvious that is a mix.

GrebluBro
06-23-2014, 12:03 AM
It's rather obvious that is a mix.

:suspicious:

Ulla
06-23-2014, 12:07 AM

Desi, Sikeliot guessed at once.

Sikeliot
06-23-2014, 12:10 AM
To me he looks mixed. Southern Italians can look exotic yes, but not in this way but more of a Semitic sort of way (Phoenician).

Ctwentysevenj
06-23-2014, 09:29 AM
I think he is from Middle East/north Africa.

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Of course not, look light maghrebi or as a very very very dark atypical iberian.

Roy
06-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Algerian or some other North African seems like more possible.

Tooting Carmen
06-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Difficult to say, but certainly not quadroon for goodness sake.

Sikeliot
06-23-2014, 02:53 PM
He reminds me of Marc Anthony, Jennifer Lopez's ex husband.

Ulla
06-23-2014, 03:16 PM
certainly not quadroon for goodness sake.

Really sure?

Dynamo
06-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Of course not, look light maghrebi or as a very very very dark atypical iberian.

Bit exaggerated mate don't you think?

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Bit exaggerated mate don't you think?

In the first pic, look light maghrebi or very dark iberian.

Mn The Loki TA Son
06-23-2014, 06:04 PM
I see nothing Negroid about him.. I think he can pas as Italian.

This. :p

Styrian Mujo
06-23-2014, 06:08 PM
He can pass in most of southern Europe. Can easily pass as a Bosniak.

SardiniaAtlantis
06-23-2014, 06:08 PM

Exactly. Now lets wait for the next North African/Arab/Indian he asks about looking European.

Mn The Loki TA Son
06-23-2014, 06:25 PM
I don't see any negro influence in him. In parts of U.S. like in NY he could be an Italian. His comparable in features to Italian Americans.

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 06:27 PM
I don't see any negro influence in him. In parts of U.S. like in NY he could be an Italian. His comparable in features to Italian Americans.

Maybe in NYC, but not here in Turin.
Here in Piedmont he would be guessed as light moroccan or an iberian gypsy (gitano) or rom.

SardiniaAtlantis
06-23-2014, 06:28 PM

No, he looks odd. Italians living in Italy, and Italians living in the US have agreed to that on this very thread I don't know why you would disagree but trust me you are off on this one.

Selurong
06-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Looks North African.

SardiniaAtlantis
06-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Maybe in NYC, but not in Turin.
Here in Piedmont he would be guessed as light moroccan or an iberian gypsy (gitano) or rom.

If in NYC it would only be because many second -third generation Italian Americans are mixed with Puerto Rican or Dominican.

Ulla
06-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Maybe in NYC, but not in Turin.

Yes, honestly not all the Italo-Americans could easily pass in Italy, even in Southern Italy.

GrebluBro
06-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Exactly. Now lets wait for the next North African/Arab/Indian he asks about looking European.

I post pics of people who would be taken as atypical full-Euro by 1/3rd-3/4th of TA members..
I never posted an Indian lol.

I also post atypical Euros who would be taken as Castizos by 1/3rd-3/4th of members :lol:

Corvus
06-23-2014, 06:31 PM
He is an Algerian national player not an Italian

SardiniaAtlantis
06-23-2014, 06:32 PM
I post pics of people who would be taken as atypical full-Euro by 1/3rd-3/4th of TA members..
I never posted an Indian lol.

What is the point of posting North Africans/Arabs and asking if they look Italian or Greek? Seems like a strange hobby.

Thrashed
06-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Doesnt look like S.Italian to me ..

Ulla
06-23-2014, 06:34 PM
He is an Algerian national player not an Italian

Yes, he is of Algerian father and French mother.

GrebluBro
06-23-2014, 06:36 PM
What is the point of posting North Africans/Arabs and asking if they look Italian or Greek? Seems like a strange hobby.

I find people posting clear-cut Euros and asking for classification is strange.. When 20 members post 10 different classifications
I wonder why 90% of TA members fail to realize this is strange hobby when no classification is majority :heh:

Btw, I post half Euro half other ones and atypical MENAs to get an idea how they are viewed if their ethnic background is unknown.
I'll ask if Italian/Greek only when I think so, other than that I'll simply ask "Where does he pass?"

I believe my threads are more effective :laugh:

Corvus
06-23-2014, 06:37 PM

Northern African side is obvious, the Southern heritage is usually dominant in mixed individuals

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 06:38 PM
If in NYC it would only be because many second -third generation Italian Americans are mixed with Puerto Rican or Dominican.

Yes that's the truth... but don't say this on this board...they will attack you as you never experienced before..

Yes, honestly not all the Italo-Americans could easily pass in Italy, even in Southern Italy.

Honestly, less than 20% of the italian americans i saw can pass in Italy, even in the deep south.

SardiniaAtlantis
06-23-2014, 06:38 PM
I find people posting clear-cut Euros and asking for classification is strange.. When 20 members post 10 types of responses.
I wonder why 90% of TA members fail to realize this is strange hobby :heh:

Btw, I post half Euro half other ones and atypical MENAs to get an idea how they are viewed if their ethnic background is unknown.
I'll ask if Italian/Greek only when I think so, other than that I'll simply ask "Where does he pass?"

It is not so effective on one like this when you were completely off. Perhaps you are not so familiar with North African looks but to anyone that is it is actually very clear with one simple look at this guy he is Maghrebi.

Thrashed
06-23-2014, 06:40 PM

He looks more European than almost all S.Italians i saw here

MINARDOWICZ
06-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Yes that's the truth... but don't say this on this board...they will attack you as you never experienced before..

Actually, this is not true. Where is your proof? I've never seen a SINGLE Italian American result that plots closer to the middle east or north africa than natives of S Italy. That is reality. Plus, most of the records show when people came over, and it is recent. Look at Sikeliot's result. HE DOES NOT SCORE EXTRA NORTH AFRICAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN! I doubt I will, because I traced all my lines claimed as Italian back to Italy. The only way I have something else in there is if someone CHEATED.

I know my mom is 75% Italian and that my Italian Nonno is FROM Italy. I also know my bisnonno who was the father of HIS wife, was 100% Italian. His lines are EASY to trace.

How bout you show me some DNA RESULTS OF ITALIAN AMERICANS who claim to be 100% Italian? None of them will have high Iberian, north african, middle eastern, native, etc.

GrebluBro
It is not so effective on one like this when you were completely off. Perhaps you are not so familiar with North African looks but to anyone that is it is actually very clear with one simple look at this guy he is Maghrebi.

I agree I failed in this one..but not terribly.
I made 400 threads of this type.. and had 80% success rate (majority said what I thought).
In fact, the reason I joined this forum is to see how mixed race or exotic non-Euro Caucasoids are viewed..

Ulla
I find people posting clear-cut Euros and asking for classification is strange.. When 20 members post 10 types of responses.
I wonder why 90% of TA members fail to realize this is strange hobby :heh:

In Italy we'd say that you are a "furbacchione", Desi. :)

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Actually, this is not true. Where is your proof? I've never seen a SINGLE Italian American result that plots closer to the middle east or north africa than natives of S Italy. That is reality. Plus, most of the records show when people came over, and it is recent. Look at Sikeliot's result. HE DOES NOT SCORE EXTRA NORTH AFRICAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN! I doubt I will, because I traced all my lines claimed as Italian back to Italy. The only way I have something else in there is if someone CHEATED.

I know my mom is 75% Italian and that my Italian Nonno is FROM Italy. I also know my bisnonno who was the father of HIS wife, was 100% Italian. His lines are EASY to trace.

How bout you show me some DNA RESULTS OF ITALIAN AMERICANS who claim to be 100% Italian? None of them will have high Iberian, north african, middle eastern, native, etc.

We're talking about New York City, not the whole East Coast.

Mn The Loki TA Son
06-23-2014, 06:47 PM

How bout you show me some DNA RESULTS OF ITALIAN AMERICANS who claim to be 100% Italian? None of them will have high Iberian, north african, middle eastern, native, etc. Minardic Warrior! :cool:

MINARDOWICZ
06-23-2014, 06:48 PM
We're talking about New York City, not the whole East Coast.

I don't know. If someone claims they are 100% Italian, and they are not, it is unusual. My family in America on that side is from NJ and NY and we know our heritage very well. Unless someone cheated ;).

Sorry for exploding on you. LOL.

Yuffayur
06-23-2014, 06:49 PM

You're Brown you're a quadroon, you're MENA you're a quadroon, TA members logic, :cool: just don't quote them.

MINARDOWICZ
06-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Minardic Warrior! :cool:

I see you saw my new custom rank. Hahahaha! We need to talk soon btw. I gtg so not now but, hit me up when you want :).

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 06:51 PM
I don't know. If someone claims they are 100% Italian, and they are not, it is unusual. My family in America on that side is from NJ and NY and we know our heritage very well. Unless someone cheated ;).

Sorry for exploding on you. LOL.

Well, Vinny from Jersey Shore: sicilian mother/algerian father
Ronnie: half puertorican/half sicilian
Paulie D: neapolitan/dominican
Snookie: sicilian/mapuche chilean

etc...

In the Big Apple these kind of mixes aren't unusual.

Ulla
06-23-2014, 06:51 PM
He looks more European than almost all S.Italians i saw here

Really some southern Italians even emigrated to Bulgaria?

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 06:52 PM

he mean those posted by trolls or the usual members with an hidden agenda

Ulla
06-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Northern African side is obvious, the Southern heritage is usually dominant in mixed individuals

Not always.

Ulla
06-23-2014, 06:53 PM
he mean those posted by trolls or the usual members with an hidden agenda

Ah, ok.

Mirko
06-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Well, Vinny from Jersey Shore: sicilian mother/algerian father
Ronnie: half puertorican/half sicilian
Paulie D: neapolitan/dominican
Snookie: sicilian/mapuche chilean

etc...

In the Big Apple these kind of mixes aren't unusual.

Snookie as i know is pure mapuche, she was adopted.

Yuffayur
06-23-2014, 06:55 PM

He isn't lool, he's pure algerian, and metrically speaking he's very mediterranean if he was a bit rounder (he's very skinny) and a bit lighter he could pass in southern europe.

here an algerian player who is half french.

http://www.footballeurspros.fr/typo3temp/pics/310d17167c.jpg

http://img1.gtsstatic.com/ligue-1/mehdi-mostefa_114247_w460.jpg

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Ah, ok.

If you notice, usually people who goes mad when someone tell that a latino or a mixed maghrebi can't pass as european are...maghrebi and caribean hispanics.

There were even some carribean hispanic members of this board which are continuously tryiong to prove that Puertorico is whiter than the whole Italy :lol:

Mn The Loki TA Son
06-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Snookie as i know is pure mapuche, she was adopted.

Lol "Pure"....xD More like influence/part. The adopted is true though.

GrebluBro
06-23-2014, 07:02 PM
//

Dude I got no agenda...Only in 10% of my Taxonomy threads, I asked if he/she looks Italian with sometimes full-blooded Euro in OP.
I simply post pics of someone who look ambiguous to me.
If I see a soccer player who looks both atypical MENA or Euro, I'll post him here.
Similarly if I see a person with mixed ancestry/race (but Caucasoid), I will post him/her too

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Dude I got no agenda...Only in 10% of my Taxonomy threads, I asked if he/she looks Italian with sometimes full-blooded Euro in OP.
I simply post pics of someone who look ambiguous to me.
If I see a soccer player who looks both atypical MENA or Euro, I'll post him here.
Similarly if I see a person with mixed ancestry/race (but Caucasoid), I will post him/her too

No not you, but many users that were used to declare themselves as ''italians'' when they were turks or iranians (as Sgillespie for example...).

Thrashed
06-23-2014, 07:32 PM

Haha no .. i mean in the forum .. by pics :)

Mirko
06-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Lol "Pure"....xD More like influence/part. The adopted is true though.

You have understood me. This is for say she has nothing of sicilian. ;)

Ulla
06-23-2014, 07:48 PM
He isn't lool, he's pure algerian, and metrically speaking he's very mediterranean if he was a bit rounder (he's very skinny) and a bit lighter he could pass in southern europe.

Cédric Si Mohamed est né à Roanne (France) d'un père algérien originaire de Remchi (Wilaya de Tlemcen) et d'une mère française originaire de Lyon.

Yuffayur
06-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Cédric Si Mohamed est né à Roanne (France) d'un père algérien originaire de Remchi (Wilaya de Tlemcen) et d'une mère française originaire de Lyon.

Yup your right, I thought he was fully algerian, from the 3 algerian keepers in the world cup only one is full algerian , I knew that one is half algerian half congolese, one is half french and the last is fully algerian.