PDA

View Full Version : Europa lost her culture???

Unome
06-23-2014, 04:36 AM
In my opinion people love European countries & people for their beautiful women and past history. But if you look "beyond beauty" and toward the future, instead of the past, then what does European culture have today? It seems that WWII really decimated much of the European cultural climate. All the cultural power has moved outside of European borders.

I believe that Amerikan culture is superior than European culture. Europeans really are living in the past with the "old world mentality".

Does Europa still earn and deserve the respect of past ages?

Young Europeans really lack the powerful philosophies, ideals, and thoughts of their ancestors.

I count myself more 'Amerikan' than European. I have old world blood and ancestry. But I do not find contemporary Europeans enticing, illuminating, or inspiring. Does Europa have a future? I would not place my hope there… the New World is the place to be.

Skerdilaid
06-23-2014, 04:46 AM
I don't think Europe has lost its culture, but the new world has attracted the brightest minds of all the world, hence the domination.

KeinMitleid
06-23-2014, 05:01 AM
I think a rebirth isn't far off. For now, European culture is essentially on the fringes. But the youth will awaken and return to Europe's true culture. The tidal wave that will destroy the current anti-culture is not that far off.

Stears
06-23-2014, 05:20 PM
In my opinion people love European countries & people for their beautiful women and past history. But if you look "beyond beauty" and toward the future, instead of the past, then what does European culture have today? It seems that WWII really decimated much of the European cultural climate. All the cultural power has moved outside of European borders. I believe that Amerikan culture is superior than European culture. Europeans really are living in the past with the "old world mentality". Does Europa still earn and deserve the respect of past ages? Young Europeans really lack the powerful philosophies, ideals, and thoughts of their ancestors. I count myself more 'Amerikan' than European. I have old world blood and ancestry. But I do not find contemporary Europeans enticing, illuminating, or inspiring. Does Europa have a future? I would not place my hope there… the New World is the place to be. BULLSHIT! Europe lost its high culture after ww2, but the american culture was unable to substitute it. USA IS JUST A COPY-PASTE CIVILIZATION. It replaced by quantity, but it was not replace it in quality. Because american culture was nothing more than a primitive dumbed-down commercial version of European. All other opinions are not correct

Kiyant
06-23-2014, 05:23 PM
I still see German culture and customs everyday so i cant agree

Unome
06-23-2014, 05:52 PM
BULLSHIT! Europe lost its high culture after ww2, but the american culture was unable to substitute it. USA IS JUST A COPY-PASTE CIVILIZATION. It replaced by quantity, but it was not replace it in quality. Because american culture was nothing more than a primitive dumbed-down commercial version of European. All other opinions are not correct
Stears you haven't even visited US. So you can't judge that until you come and experience.

Stears
06-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Stears you haven't even visited US. So you can't judge that until you come and experience. HAhaha, I was there two times. But what about american literature? large quantity low quality. The same is true for your (popular music) music paintings sculpture and fine arts.

Yehiel
06-23-2014, 06:32 PM
there is really no such thing as european culture

Unome
06-23-2014, 06:48 PM
HAhaha, I was there two times. But what about american literature? large quantity low quality. The same is true for your (popular music) music paintings sculpture and fine arts.
Consider that USA has a short, young history. We have the future. What about Europa today? What has Europeans produced, created, and procreated within the recent 100 or 200 years?

Europeans seem too content (hedonist) by remembering the past, and not leading into the future.

Unome
06-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Europa is the name of a Roman goddess. I mostly connect the term 'European' to the Roman Empire, Catholicism, and Christian Orthodoxy of antiquity.

However European culture also has included Northern Europeans under the label of 'Paganism' and 'Protestantism' over the millenniums.

The spread of European culture is likened to the Holy Crusade(r)s.

Yehiel
06-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Europa is the name of a Roman goddess. I mostly connect the term 'European' to the Roman Empire, Catholicism, and Christian Orthodoxy of antiquity.

However European culture also has included Northern Europeans under the label of 'Paganism' and 'Protestantism' over the millenniums.

The spread of European culture is likened to the Holy Crusade(r)s.

europe comes from a middle eastern diety not roman

The Lawspeaker
06-23-2014, 07:15 PM
HAhaha, I was there two times. But what about american literature? large quantity low quality. The same is true for your (popular music) music paintings sculpture and fine arts.

American. Literature. Never use the two words in a single line. The same goes for American. Culture. Islamic. Civilisation etc.

Comte Arnau
06-23-2014, 07:18 PM
Amerikan culture is superior than European culture.

Made my day. :ranger:

LightHouse89
06-23-2014, 07:18 PM
I think a rebirth isn't far off. For now, European culture is essentially on the fringes. But the youth will awaken and return to Europe's true culture. The tidal wave that will destroy the current anti-culture is not that far off.

i pray that happens here.....I miss the old yankee place I live in to see it get further settled with third world brown people who belong on the west coast with their barbaric culture and savage appearance.....they are disgusting to look at.

Stears
06-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Europa is the name of a Roman goddess. I mostly connect the term 'European' to the Roman Empire, Catholicism, and Christian Orthodoxy of antiquity. However European culture also has included Northern Europeans under the label of 'Paganism' and 'Protestantism' over the millenniums. The spread of European culture is likened to the Holy Crusade(r)s. Wrong. Orthodox eastern (semi-asian) and western (catholic-protestant) culture are very different to put into one bag, because they are not only diferent cultures, but different civilizations.

LightHouse89
06-23-2014, 07:22 PM
BULLSHIT! Europe lost its high culture after ww2, but the american culture was unable to substitute it. USA IS JUST A COPY-PASTE CIVILIZATION. It replaced by quantity, but it was not replace it in quality. Because american culture was nothing more than a primitive dumbed-down commercial version of European. All other opinions are not correct

if our culture is of low quality then it does not reflect so wonderfully of you then now does it.....I would say we are not a copy paste of Europe but a copy past culture of the British Islands.....we just copy what is popualr in Europe because we feel related to Europeans....but I suppoer we are not and magically descend from mysterious white gods who descended from the heavend and brutally conquered the native, fuck their women and now just rule over the continent. I mean the second story sounds ways cooler and less bland than the first if you ask me.....maybe we should make up our own mythology then? :thumb001:

LightHouse89
06-23-2014, 07:24 PM
American. Literature. Never use the two words in a single line. The same goes for American. Culture. Islamic. Civilisation etc.

What is American culture? Which America are we talking about the cess pool of mankind today of the clean and WASP country of the early 1900s? Two different places mind you with much better leaders in the past.

Stears
06-23-2014, 07:27 PM
if our culture is of low quality then it does not reflect so wonderfully of you then now does it.....I would say we are not a copy paste of Europe but a copy past culture of the British Islands.....we just copy what is popualr in Europe because we feel related to Europeans....but I suppoer we are not and magically descend from mysterious white gods who descended from the heavend and brutally conquered the native, fuck their women and now just rule over the continent. I mean the second story sounds ways cooler and less bland than the first if you ask me.....maybe we should make up our own mythology then? :thumb001: Britain is just an European Island as Japan an Asian island. It is not different civilization, but a national (English Scottish Irish etc..) culture of the catholic-protestant European civilization. There are no national civilizations. There are only national cultures.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png

Bamse
06-23-2014, 07:29 PM
European culture has changed so much through history already way since way back. Scandinavian countries for instance have no similarity with the norse culture Pre-Christianity. The language, the religion and way of life is completely gone. Yet life goes on. We need to with the flow like the rest of the world.

I greatly appreciate the culture where I live that allow me to live as an individual, free of religious dogma and political oppression. We don't need folk costumes, parades and shit to be enjoying life. Imo national holidays for instance should be banished. Its outdated and silly.

Fortis in Arduis
06-23-2014, 07:30 PM
The BBC was once a great reservoir and guardian of the arts, especially under Lord Reith, who felt that it should educate rather than entertain.

Our broadsheet newspapers started featuring celebrity gossip when I was in my early teens, and grammar ceased to be taught correctly in the 70s or before. Bear in mind that leftists (and many were Maoists) successfully infiltrated our media, education and other institutions at around this time. This was something of a cultural non-revolution.

However, Generation Y is very family-focused and politically right-wing, without realising it. The atomisation of society has bred a culture of extreme economic anti-Marxists and they are beginning to vote against welfarism. They do not even care for the elderly, whom they feel are unproductive and should have invested in their pensions.

Our cultural institutions remain largely intact, and if you ever tune into BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 3, you will encounter much high culture. These are the stations that the nation listens most to, which disseminate new ideas, as well as recycle the old political nonsense, with its false left-right dichotomy.

The point is that art does not lie. We have had our consumerism and finance culture slapped right back at us by the artists. There was a large Situationalist International movement in and around the London art schools. People are quite sick of the current culture and they are prepared to express it.

Also, Europe has been producing important composers, like Arvo Pärt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-J8LNcZgTA

Tell me that this is not great modern European music.

There is some historicism in the arts, but not so much to preclude innovation. Europeans are conscious of over-referencing their own narrative, and good taste remains, even if those with bad taste have more disposable income than ever before.

The coming death of economic Marxism will create a more competitive marketplace for new ideas and forms.

Stears
06-23-2014, 07:36 PM
European culture has changed so much through history already way since way back. Scandinavian countries for instance have no similarity with the norse culture Pre-Christianity. The language, the religion and way of life is completely gone. Yet life goes on. We need to with the flow like the rest of the world. I greatly appreciate the culture where I live that allow me to live as an individual, free of religious dogma and political oppression. We don't need folk costumes, parades and shit to be enjoying life. Imo national holidays for instance should be banished. Its outdated and silly. There is no European culture, Europe. Only nations had culture. And there is no "European nation".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png

Gaston
06-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Europa is a MENA bitch from Lebanon who made a powerful Greek man horny (more than usual I should say).

Unome
06-23-2014, 07:41 PM
europe comes from a middle eastern diety not roman

In Greek mythology Europa (Greek: Εὐρώπη Eurṓpē; Doric Greek: Εὐρώπα Eurṓpā) was a Phoenician woman of high lineage,[1] from whom the name of the continent Europe has ultimately been taken. The story of her abduction by Zeus in the form of a white bull was a Cretan story; as Kerényi points out "most of the love-stories concerning Zeus originated from more ancient tales describing his marriages with goddesses. This can especially be said of the story of Europa".[2]

Europa's earliest literary reference is in the Iliad, which is commonly dated to the 8th century B.C.[3] Another early reference to her is in a fragment of the Hesiodic Catalogue of Women, discovered at Oxyrhynchus.[4] The earliest vase-painting securely identifiable as Europa, dates from mid-7th century B.C.[5]
Wikipedia quote

Unome
06-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Wrong. Orthodox eastern (semi-asian) and western (catholic-protestant) culture are very different to put into one bag, because they are not only diferent cultures, but different civilizations.
Both Catholicism and Orthodoxy have connection to Christian civilization and theology.

Although I agree that Orthodoxy is reflection of Eastern, Asiatic influence.

Bamse
06-23-2014, 07:45 PM
There is no European culture, Europe. Only nations had culture. And there is no "European nation".

Each country within the boundaries of Europe have had vast cultural changes already in history*

Happy now?

Yehiel
06-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Wikipedia quote

n Greek mythology Europa (Greek: Εὐρώπη Eurṓpē; Doric Greek: Εὐρώπα Eurṓpā) was a Phoenician woman of high lineage,[1]

she was phoenician princess, phoenician were not europeans

Unome
06-23-2014, 07:47 PM
n Greek mythology Europa (Greek: Εὐρώπη Eurṓpē; Doric Greek: Εὐρώπα Eurṓpā) was a Phoenician woman of high lineage,[1]

she was phoenician princess, phoenician were not europeans
Yet the terminology refers to European people, not Middle Eastern people. For example a majority of people do not consider Turks European, why not?

Stears
Both Catholicism and Orthodoxy have connection to Christian civilization and theology. Although I agree that Orthodoxy is reflection of Eastern, Asiatic influence. Chtistianity is an asian religion, and it spreaded earlier in non-european territories during the roman times. Itself christianity does not make a country European.

Peyrol
Consider that USA has a short, young history. We have the future. What about Europa today? What has Europeans produced, created, and procreated within the recent 100 or 200 years?

Europeans seem too content (hedonist) by remembering the past, and not leading into the future.

We gave you the atomic weapons (Majorana, Fermi and the other guy of the Manhatthan Project) that allowed you to be the only hyperpower remained on this planet, for example.

Stears
06-23-2014, 07:48 PM
After the Great Schism (The East-West Schism /formally in 1054/, between Western Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Christianity.) Hungary determined itself as the easternmost bastion of Western civilisation (This statement was affirmed later by Pope Pius II who wrote that to Emperor Friedrich III, “Hungary is the shield of Christianity and the protector of Western civilization”)
It is not a secret in history, that countries civilizations are/were not in the same level of development.
It is well-known that Western and Central Europe, ( the so-called Western civilization) was always more developed than Orthodox Slavic or Eastern European civilization.
The cultural the societal-system and the economical civilizational (and technological) differences between Orthodox countries and Western Christian (Catholic-Protestant) countries were similar great, as the differences between Northern America (USA Canada) and Southern- (Latino) America.

MEMENTO:
Western things which were not existed in orthodox world:

1.Medieval appearance of parliaments (a legislative body(!), DO NOT CONFUSE with the “councils of monarchs” which existed since the beginning of human history),
2. Knights, the knight-culture and the technological effects of crusades from the Holy Land,
3.The self-government status of big royal/imperial cities, (local government systems of cities), which is the direct ancestor of modern self/local governmental systems.
4. The defence systems & fortifications: The spread of stone castle defense -systems, the town-walls of western cities from the 11th century. (In the orthodox world, only the capital cities had such a walls , The countries of the Balkan region and the territory of Russian states fell under Ottoman/Mongolian rule very rapidly - with a single decesive open-field battle - due to the lack of the networks of stone/brick castles and fortresses in these countries. The only exception was the greek inhabited Byzantine territories which were well fortified.)
5. The medieval appearance of banking systems and social effects and status of urban bourgeoisie, the absolute dominance of money-economy (when the vast majority of trade based on money and the taxes customs duties were collected in money) from the 12th -13th century, instead of the former primitive bartel-based commerce (barter dominated the economies orthodox world until the 17-18th centuries.)
6.The medieval appearance of universities and the medieval appearance of secular intellectuals,
7.Philosophy: Scholasticism and humanist philosophy,
8.The medieval usage of Latin alphabet and medieval spread of movable type printing,
9.The medieval western theater: Mystery or cycle plays, morality and passion plays,
10.The ARTS: western architecture, sculpture paintings and fine-arts: the Romanesque style, the Gothic style and the Renaissance style.
The orthodox church buildings and „palaces(?)” were very little, they had primitive structure and poor decorations, their style were influenced by non-European arabic and persian influenced ornamentics.

The renaissance & humanism , the reformation and the enlightenment did not influenced/affected the Orthodox (Eastern European) countries.
Before 1870, the industrialization that had developed in Western and Central Europe and the United States did not extend in any significant way to the rest of the world. In Eastern Europe, industrialization lagged far behind, and started only in the 20th century.

Stears
06-23-2014, 07:51 PM
We gave you the atomic weapons (Majorana, Fermi and the other guy of the Manhatthan Project) that allowed you to be the only hyperpower remained on this planet, for example. Wrong. Non of these mentioned people were the inventors of Atomic bomb. They were just so-called contributor in manhattan project to create a working bomb from a patent. It was invented and patented by Hungarian Leó Szilárd (together with nuclear chain-reaction).

Diërker
06-23-2014, 07:51 PM
The Fall of Catholic Europa.. :cry: .... but the RISE of a Great Reich to come.

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Wrong. Non of these mentioned people were the inventors of Atomic bomb. They were just so-called contributor in manhattan project to create a working bomb from a patent. It was invented and patented by Hungarian Leó Szilárd (together with nuclear chain-reaction).

Hell yeah another retarded post ''magyars invented everything''.

Good luck with your alternative history where you created the world (but you're still a 2nd world nation)

Stears
06-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Short BBC documentary about first atomic bomb, and Einstein-Szilárd letter. Who invented the Atomic Bomb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuI3RmXpjB0 part II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRhaYyk5Uhc

Breedingvariety
06-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Europa is whore of Babylon is Ishtar who rides the beast from the pit and drinks a cup of filth full of abomination.

"Ishtar was worshiped as a Great Goddess of fertility and sexuality, but also of war and death, and the guardian of prostitutes. She was also called the Great Whore and sacred prostitution formed part of her cult or those of cognate goddesses."
"Revelation:
17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written a mystery: Babylon the Great, the Mother of Prostitutes and Abominations of the Earth."

European Parliament is Tower of Babel and Euro sign is ring of Saturn with ninth gate.

Miley Cyrus Deep Occult Rituals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KodiZKpUSZU

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Short BBC documentary about first atomic bomb, and Einstein-Szilárd letter. Who invented the Atomic Bomb

Yeah because Einstein was a magyar, we all know this.

if people will be able to read what i write (''..and the other guys of the Manhattan project'') maybe it would be better.

Stears
06-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Hell yeah another retarded post ''magyars invented everything''. Good luck with your alternative history where you created the world (but you're still a 2nd world nation) Sorry, but you must read only books of academic scientists from USA Britain France Germany.

Stears
06-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Yeah because Einstein was a magyar, we all know this. Ignorant Idiot. Einstein did not invented the A.Bomb. Read about Einstein-Szilárd letter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein-Szilard_letter

and watch the above mentioned short BBC documentary videos.

Diërker
06-23-2014, 07:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuI3RmXpjB0 part II

Stop with your propaganda... Herr Hanz Klausenstauf, made the first atomic bomb.

Peyrol
06-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Ignorant Idiot. Einstein did not invented the A.Bomb. Read about Einstein-Szilárd letter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein-Szilard_letter

Are you able to read what i write or you need draws on a book?

Yeah because Einstein was a magyar, we all know this.

if people will be able to read what i write (''..and the other guys of the Manhattan project'') maybe it would be better.

Stears
06-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Stop with your propaganda... Herr Hanz Klausenstauf, made the first atomic bomb. Blah blah blah. Germans were unable to achieve real nuclear detonation. Their idea based on the concept of primitive dirty-bomb (it's not a great achievement if you compare it with real A.bomb)

Stears
06-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Látod fakirkám hogy fáj nekik a valóság?

Stears
06-23-2014, 08:11 PM
On September 12, 1932, within seven months of the discovery of the neutron, and more than six years before the splitting of the atom, Leo Szilard conceived of the possibility of a release of atomic energy via a neutron-based chain reaction, and also realized that a bomb could be built. On July 4, 1934 Leo Szilard filed a patent application for the atomic bomb. In his application, Szilard described not only the basic concept of using neutron induced chain reactions to create explosions, but also the concept of the critical mass. The patent was awarded to him - making Leo Szilard the legally recognized inventor of the atomic bomb. Szilard attempted to keep the patent secret (so as not to tip off Germany) by gifting it to the British War Office. They initially rejected, then later accepted a few months later in February 1936.

Stears
06-23-2014, 08:27 PM
AGAIN REPEATED ASK:

Short 10min BBC documentary about first atomic bomb, and Einstein-Szilárd letter. Who invented the Atomic Bomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuI3RmXpjB0

part II

Stears
06-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Fakírkám, a hajókkal mi lesz?

Diërker
06-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Herr Staufenklaus

Dandelion
06-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Culture modernises. However, most of the music we hear on the radio is in American English, so it's obvious where modern culture is strongest. This was the case too 50 years ago already.

People say 'the US lack an identity unlike us Europeans'. I always have to laugh at that when someone tells me this.

However I don't think we've lost our culture. We've just become more globalised in our culture.

LightHouse89
06-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Britain is just an European Island as Japan an Asian island. It is not different civilization, but a national (English Scottish Irish etc..) culture of the catholic-protestant European civilization. There are no national civilizations. There are only national cultures.

I am aware of that but what I am saying is America [USA/Canada] were British inventions.....specifically. I am not saying the ethnic make up of America in its beginning was not generally western European.....I mean we had rules as to what was considered a citizen and welcomed here until the 1960s when everything went to hell.

LightHouse89
06-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Culture modernises. However, most of the music we hear on the radio is in American English, so it's obvious where modern culture is strongest. This was the case too 50 years ago already.

People say 'the US lack an identity unlike us Europeans'. I always have to laugh at that when someone tells me this.

However I don't think we've lost our culture. We've just become more globalised in our culture.

modern 'art' is nothing more than shit from LA and that disgusting pigsty they consider apart of America [which to me culturally is not]...... I like the real America, the old yankee WASP music and culture needs to return and replace this subhuman culture from Candifornia.

Dandelion
06-23-2014, 09:01 PM
modern 'art' is nothing more than shit from LA and that disgusting pigsty they consider apart of America [which to me culturally is not]...... I like the real America, the old yankee WASP music and culture needs to return and replace this subhuman culture from Candifornia.

I'm not talking about modern art though, like the stone vulva (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-gets-stuck-vagina-student-3746212) that American tourist got his foot trapped in recently :cool:. I'm talking about modern culture. I'm even thinking about culture of decades past (since the 1950s), of American culture also we more known in Europe due to it being more alive and relevant than European one.
The present is more important than the past. One who isn't able to live in the present is lost and desperately lagging behind. No matter whether the past was better or not.

But the truth is more complicated than saying American culture is plain superior over European one today. Too much European films I like to be able to say this.

LightHouse89
06-23-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm not talking about modern art though, like the stone vulva (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-gets-stuck-vagina-student-3746212) that American tourist got his foot trapping in recently :cool:. I'm talking about modern culture. I'm even thinking about culture of decades past (since the 1950s), of American culture also we more known in Europe due to it being more alive and relevant than European one.

The present is more important than the past. One who isn't able to live in the present is lost and desperately lagging behind. No matter whether the past was better or not.

Oh stuff like Johnny cash yes that was good but today its mostly garbage...here it is widely accepted amongst people with similar views as to mine, that America began its moral decline in the 1960s..... which is the truth. I do not thin if we did away with rap and Afram culture we would be behind......I think this liberal agenda of constant change is a bad thing....its like lets see how destructive we can be with ourselves..... much of American music and art today is trash but I should let you know the majority of it comes from out west. The real America is the east coast and our culture....not the garbage from Silicone valley. There s a reason we put most of our criminals out that way to depopulate the prisons here..... we also directed a lot of immigrants that way so they would not flood the east coast with their foreign culture...... maybe we should ban Hollywood?

wvwvw
06-23-2014, 09:25 PM

Have you even been to the U.S? :confused:

Fortis in Arduis
06-23-2014, 09:39 PM

Contemporary 'Visual Culture' is, I fear, a true reflection.

It is not all bad news, though:

In the UK there has been a revolt against the Saatchi's, who dominated the market. They tried to bequeath their collection to the nation, but nation did not want it. :D

Care to classify?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02313/Charles-Saatchi_2313727b.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01712/Saatchi_1712429c.jpg

LightHouse89
06-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Contemporary 'Visual Culture' is, I fear, a true reflection.

It is not all bad news, though:

In the UK there has been a revolt against the Saatchi's, who dominated the market. They tried to bequeath their collection to the nation, but nation did not want it. :D

Care to classify?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02313/Charles-Saatchi_2313727b.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01712/Saatchi_1712429c.jpg

Yes they market LA rap music and call it American which is a joke to me.....as soon as those westerners crossed the mississipi they left traditional America....many of these people to this day have nothing but contempt for us here on the east coast.....even the rap with tupac vs biggie smalls reflects it which is kind of funny to me but ironic....we see them as a foreign people and have far more in common with western Europe than out west..... A lot of nutty people settled out that way and they still to this day settle out that way. I wish out west or west of the mississipi was its own country so it would not have such a crappy reflection on all of us. They were the first to legalize drugs....what does that tell you about the kinds of people who live there? Loser!

When ever Europeans or upper class Asians visit my country they visit where I live [plus south of us places like Virginia, Georgia, Florida, etc..] because that is the real America.... there is next to no sights worth seeing out west other than the Grand Canyon or Yellow Geyser... other than that it is really a boring place....unless you like drugs and partying then go there but other than that it is devoid of any culture of any kind. The east coast to me is the real WASP and spirited part of America. I always meet Europeans from all over where I live and they will ask me all sorts of questions about the land marks, many places like lexignton are 15 minutes from my house and those old colonial houses still stand today [worth a lot of money though]....but even if you look at our architecture we have not lost the colonial style.....everything looks old and pretty.....you go out west its huge ghettos, low lifes, heavy pollution and a terrible smell.....here the weather is perfect and its always nice. I will warn you northerners are not as friendly as southerners. Even some southern blacks like those who live in Georgia are kind to foreign people. West coast to us is like a giant Satan......and the people out there take pride in how we view them.

There is not much unity in America as most of us are very regional and have different out looks on things....here we tend to be snobby and elitist types which is not always good to foreigners who view us as somewhat arrogant but we are WASPs....what do you expect....its apart of our character.

LightHouse89
06-23-2014, 11:03 PM
Have you even been to the U.S? :confused:

New York and Candifornia do not represent us in any way.......I actually feel offended that people consider some ghetto loaded with Puerto Ricans to be representive of my country, because that crap does not represent us. Go to rural places and rich areas and the real American culture and Americans can be seen not those morons you see on tv dancing to rap music those people are peasants and descendants of slaves and immigrants.....they lack any creative minds to create a true culture.

Dandelion
06-23-2014, 11:07 PM
When I'm talking about American culture I'm neither thinking rap. Country music is rather the epitome of American culture I'd say. But I don't agree with the 'peasant' argument you're using.

How upper class are you Jim Crow? You're obviously not. Learn to use the right interpunction and write in paragraphs.

LightHouse89
06-23-2014, 11:18 PM
When I'm talking about American culture I'm neither thinking rap. Country music is rather the epitome of American culture I'd say. But I don't agree with the 'peasant' argument you're using.

How upper class are you Jim Crow? You're obviously not. Learn to use the right interpunction and write in paragraphs.

I only care about my grammar when writing an essay or something important for college :p

But you are correct I am an upper class American. Got a lot of relatives in high places ;) Country music is regional just like different culture is here. If you came to where I live there is a lot of Italian restaurants and French ones because they are the big minority of white people here but then you have the WASP places and private clubs all over and then Irish stuff.....that is New England mostly but the more out of the heavily populated areas the more WASPy it appears and people with surnames sound as though they are British people or Scandinavian.....although the French too but more sparsely you will notice them.

As for peasant art which s generally ghetto art I am very correct with that..... the majority of those people are peasants and have the intellectual capacity less than that of a retard. Country music is something rather new to America but came from something else, mostly southern music which in turn came from the British Islands/Ireland.

arcticwolf
06-24-2014, 12:54 AM

Ouch, exaggerating a bit? Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway, James Fenimore Cooper, Kurt Vonnegut, Jack London, William Faulkner?

Those names do ring a bell, don't they amigo? :thumb001:

The Lawspeaker
06-24-2014, 12:57 AM
Ouch, exaggerating a bit? Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway, James Fenimore Cooper, Kurt Vonnegut, Jack London, William Faulkner?

I am taking the piss. But, yes, they do. Do you have anything more recent ?

Stears
06-24-2014, 06:09 AM
Ouch, exaggerating a bit? Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway, James Fenimore Cooper, Kurt Vonnegut, Jack London, William Faulkner? Those names do ring a bell, don't they amigo? :thumb001: Johann Wolfgang von Goethe and Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller,Johann Gottfried Herder, Stendhal , Honoré de Balzac Alexandre Dumas, Victor Hugo, François Villon, Moličre , Petrarch, Dante, Boccaccio, William Shakespeare, Ben Jonson, and Christopher Marlowe, John Milton , Daniel Defoe , Walter Scott, Lord Byron, Mary Shelley, Dickens(And I did not mention filosophers and russian authors, the ancient greek roman literature, and 20th century European literature. They are all greater than the 20th century americans.

LightHouse89
06-24-2014, 01:53 PM

They forget people like Galton and racialist like that, that inspired the modern right wing people around the world......that started here. Another would be conservative environmentalists of the late 1800s..... which to this day seems to be forgotten by most. Notice how America has more forests and natural parks than Over crowded urban Britain...... we manange our environment much better than alot of european countries do...... so those are some achievements....but I agree we are not so good in the arts...however we cannot be completely discredited.

LightHouse89
06-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe and Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller,Johann Gottfried Herder, Stendhal , Honoré de Balzac Alexandre Dumas, Victor Hugo, François Villon, Moličre , Petrarch, Dante, Boccaccio, William Shakespeare, Ben Jonson, and Christopher Marlowe, John Milton , Daniel Defoe , Walter Scott, Lord Byron, Mary Shelley, Dickens(And I did not mention filosophers and russian authors, the ancient greek roman literature, and 20th century European literature. They are all greater than the 20th century americans.

you forgot Brittney Spears :rolleyes:

Stears
06-24-2014, 01:55 PM
you forgot Brittney Spears :rolleyes: I humiliated american culture with this list.

LightHouse89
06-24-2014, 02:08 PM
I humiliated american culture with this list.

Well Galton and some of those racialists were from America.....not to mention some social conservatives who were environmentalists and what not were pretty good.....they realized that the environment needs to be preserved...go to England notice they do not have much forests because they chopped them all down to build huge naval fleets......thats why they did not want to let go of the US during the war of independence.... they would lose their wood resources....but they managed to keep canada so it worked out for them in the end.

As far as comparing us to achievements that happened long before America's creation or during its infancy is absurd to me. We know America has only been around for acouple hundred years.....but I will say this Stealth technology is an achievement no European has made yet nor will we hand it over unless tis world war 3 and they are willing to pay a sweet dime for it. I would say our air force and some of our achievements are good but over all we do not have alot of what europe has.....some of that could be due to many reasons.....the almost stagnant flow of immigration from Europe could be one of the reasons....we get more third worlders which is dragging the country down believe it or not.

Stears
06-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Well Galton and some of those racialists were from America.....not to mention some social conservatives who were environmentalists and what not were pretty good.....they realized that the environment needs to be preserved...go to England notice they do not have much forests because they chopped them all down to build huge naval fleets......thats why they did not want to let go of the US during the war of independence.... they would lose their wood resources....but they managed to keep canada so it worked out for them in the end. As far as comparing us to achievements that happened long before America's creation or during its infancy is absurd to me. We know America has only been around for acouple hundred years.....but I will say this Stealth technology is an achievement no European has made yet nor will we hand it over unless tis world war 3 and they are willing to pay a sweet dime for it. I would say our air force and some of our achievements are good but over all we do not have alot of what europe has.....some of that could be due to many reasons.....the almost stagnant flow of immigration from Europe could be one of the reasons....we get more third worlders which is dragging the country down believe it or not. Ok it is enough to compare 19th century European literature with american...

Beit El
06-24-2014, 02:12 PM

Thanks to your Judeo-Christian filth.

Ulla
06-24-2014, 02:13 PM

Thomas Pynchon, Don DeLillo, Philip Roth, Cormac McCarthy... Contemporary American literature is quite amazing.

Yehiel
06-24-2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks to your Judeo-Christian filth.

there was never a thing called european culture.

Ulla
06-24-2014, 02:15 PM
In my opinion people love European countries & people for their beautiful women and past history. But if you look "beyond beauty" and toward the future, instead of the past, then what does European culture have today? It seems that WWII really decimated much of the European cultural climate. All the cultural power has moved outside of European borders.

I believe that Amerikan culture is superior than European culture. Europeans really are living in the past with the "old world mentality".

Does Europa still earn and deserve the respect of past ages?

Young Europeans really lack the powerful philosophies, ideals, and thoughts of their ancestors.

I count myself more 'Amerikan' than European. I have old world blood and ancestry. But I do not find contemporary Europeans enticing, illuminating, or inspiring. Does Europa have a future? I would not place my hope there… the New World is the place to be.

The answer is NO.

Ulla
06-24-2014, 02:17 PM

Wow, you are extremist like most Nazis or Arab terrorists.

Scandalf
06-24-2014, 02:20 PM

But now there is! :)

Stears
06-24-2014, 02:21 PM
The answer is NO. You are ignorant, because you read cheap american consumer literature instead of great European classical giants.

BIG-CUBE
06-24-2014, 02:24 PM
if everyone act like americans so its probably

Ulla
06-24-2014, 02:24 PM
You are ignorant, because you read cheap american consumer literature instead of great European classical giants.

Stop Turkish guy to annoy me with your frustrations.

Stears
06-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Stop Turkish guy to annoy me with your frustrations. I asked you to prove your fantastic turkic claims with academic sources. (google books is your friend!) But you act like a clown.

Ulla
06-24-2014, 02:43 PM
I asked you to prove your fantastic turkic claims with academic sources. (google books is your friend!) But you act like a clown.

Are you really 37 years old?

Hithaeglir
06-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Nah it isn't lost yet.But the younger generation seems to be a lot into the american pop culture :P

Stears
06-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Are you really 37 years old? Are you really 14 years old? You behave like a 10 years old. As I said: Where is your proofs for your turkic fantasy ? search academic sources (genetics linguistics history) in google books.

LightHouse89
06-24-2014, 02:56 PM
You are ignorant, because you read cheap american consumer literature instead of great European classical giants.

well does it shock you in america we read the old european literature....how else would we get our ideas? :p America is a continuation of western europe....as is canada and most of south american however times are changing and America is going down hill morally, spiritually.... and economically....the newer generations care more about the latest cellphones and pop stars than they do about reading.... the new american of 2014 is a pile of junk and trash but the old america is good.... after the world war 2 generation died off America has sort of taken a turn for the worst.

LightHouse89
06-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Nah it isn't lost yet.But the younger generation seems to be a lot into the american pop culture :P

thats not good....If I was a European I would petition for my government to band such hedonist garbage. I hate pop music and I live here its trash with political agendas behind it from hollywood. total trashy.

Dandelion
06-24-2014, 03:05 PM
thats not good....If I was a European I would petition for my government to band such hedonist garbage. I hate pop music and I live here its trash with political agendas behind it from hollywood. total trashy.

Petition for banning stuff, as if people are otherwise to stupid to decide for themselves. Cool guy you are.

"Shakespeare must go! So sayeth the shepherd! So sayeth the flock!"

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/00526.jpg

Stears
06-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Petition for banning stuff, as if people are otherwise to stupid to decide for themselves. Cool guy you are. "Shakespeare must go! So sayeth the shepherd! So sayeth the flock!" http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/00526.jpg Ignorant Proletarian mentality. You like primitive mass culture , consumer culture

Dandelion
06-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Ignorant Proletarian mentality. You like primitive mass culture , consumer culture

Really? Where have I said that? And learn to write properly if you claim to dislike the uneducated.

arcticwolf
06-24-2014, 10:51 PM

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe and Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller,Johann Gottfried Herder, Stendhal , Honoré de Balzac Alexandre Dumas, Victor Hugo, François Villon, Moličre , Petrarch, Dante, Boccaccio, William Shakespeare, Ben Jonson, and Christopher Marlowe, John Milton , Daniel Defoe , Walter Scott, Lord Byron, Mary Shelley, Dickens(And I did not mention filosophers and russian authors, the ancient greek roman literature, and 20th century European literature. They are all greater than the 20th century americans.

Who are these dudes? Hungary's soccer team? Never heard of any of them! :laugh:

LightHouse89
06-24-2014, 10:56 PM
Petition for banning stuff, as if people are otherwise to stupid to decide for themselves. Cool guy you are.

"Shakespeare must go! So sayeth the shepherd! So sayeth the flock!"

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/00526.jpg

culture and art should be enlightening and I would not describe what is happening in America as enlightening.....I think its due to a large amount of peasants from around the world living here who are granted the same rights as high born people such as myself..... they do not deserve the same air I breathe sir! Now Europeans go and create some enlightening art for us americans.......we are in dire need of something enlightening....your stuff is old and you need new stuff for us..... pretty please!

LightHouse89
06-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Really? Where have I said that? And learn to write properly if you claim to dislike the uneducated.

I can agree with some of his out bursts like that one about consumerist junk culture from Hollywood.....Hollywood is garbage and belongs in the pale...the quicker the Mexicans take it over the better.

Unome
06-24-2014, 11:34 PM
It seems like European culture has been gutted and entrails spilled outside her body.

Europeans do not lead, do not inspire, do not create, etc.

So the result becomes clear; it falls on Amerikans to do this instead. European countries & peoples will become a dusty remnant of the past, eventually passed by the greater world.

I hope that I am wrong; I fear that I am right.

LightHouse89
06-24-2014, 11:54 PM
It seems like European culture has been gutted and entrails spilled outside her body.

Europeans do not lead, do not inspire, do not create, etc.

So the result becomes clear; it falls on Amerikans to do this instead. European countries & peoples will become a dusty remnant of the past, eventually passed by the greater world.

I hope that I am wrong; I fear that I am right.

thelawspeaker would have quarrel with you.

Unome
06-25-2014, 04:36 AM
thelawspeaker would have quarrel with you.
We've quarreled before and probably will again… I enjoy debating Dutchmen on occasion. :argue:

KeinMitleid
06-25-2014, 04:42 AM
i pray that happens here.....I miss the old yankee place I live in to see it get further settled with third world brown people who belong on the west coast with their barbaric culture and savage appearance.....they are disgusting to look at.

They don't belong on the West coast either. They belong in their own lands, from whence they hailed. And yes..hopefully it will. But this society is simply to degenerated and excessive to be able to carry its own weight. It will collapse. And the true Europeans shall remain, and build a new age.