PDA

View Full Version : Kosovo Albanians torch cars, police fire rubber bullets in divided town

wvwvw
06-23-2014, 08:44 AM
Kosovo Albanians torch cars, police fire rubber bullets in divided town
Source: Reuters - Sun, 22 Jun 2014 18:46 GMT

http://d24pg1nxua23qm.cloudfront.net/contentAsset/image/1cbbbaf1-99b1-488a-ae66-3676a92e382d/image/byInode/1/filter/Resize,Jpeg/jpeg_q/90/resize_w/960

Kosovo Albanian demonstrators throw rocks towards the police, while standing near a burning vehicle set on fire during a protest in the ethnically divided town of Mitrovica June 22, 2014. REUTERS/Hazir Reka

* Police fire teargas, backed by U.S. soldiers

* Albanians angry over blockage of bridge by Serbs

* Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008 (Adds more injured, president)

By Fatos Bytyci

MITROVICA, Kosovo, June 22 (Reuters) - Police in Kosovo fired teargas and rubber bullets on Sunday at ethnic Albanian rioters burning police cars and lobbing rocks in the ethnically divided town of Mitrovica, in protest at the blockade of the main bridge by ethnic Serbs.

A Reuters reporter saw Polish special police units, part of a European Union mission, open fire with rubber bullets, during one of the worst bouts of civil unrest since Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008.

The violence broke out when several hundred Albanians, protesting over the Serbs' closure of the bridge for the past three years, began hurling rocks and bottles at Kosovo police.

They set fire to cars belonging to the officers and the EU law and order mission. Kosovo police responded with teargas.

U.S. soldiers, part of a NATO peace force of some 5,000, guarded the bridge in four rows of Humvees.

A police spokesman said 13 police officers and 10 civilians were wounded. Five people were arrested. By evening, the situation was calm but NATO troops, EU and Kosovo police were holding their positions.

President Atifete Jahjaga said: "Any attempt to find a solution through the use of violence will further escalate the situation and will be a step backwards."

Mitrovica has been a frequent flashpoint between Serbs and Albanians since Kosovo's 1998-99 war, when NATO intervened with 11 weeks of air strikes to halt the massacre and expulsion of Albanians by Serbian forces waging a counter-insurgency war.

Serbia does not recognise Kosovo as independent, but agreed to give up de facto control over a small Serb pocket of northern Kosovo last year under a deal brokered by the EU. In exchange, Belgrade won the green light to open talks on joining the EU.

But Serbs in the north are reluctant to integrate with Kosovo's ethnic Albanian majority.

They blocked the bridge in 2011 following an abortive bid by the Kosovo government to rein in the north. The Serbs dismantled the roadblock on Wednesday, only to replace it with a "Park of Peace" consisting of concrete plant pots and earth. (Writing by Matt Robinson; Editing by Alison Williams)

http://www.trust.org/item/20140622152047-zika7/?source=fiOtherNews2

Scholarios
06-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Well, here comes the final ethnic cleansing...

Herr Abubu
06-23-2014, 09:41 AM
This was bound to happen: the government, KFOR, the EU and EULEX are extremely incompetent.

Skerdilaid
06-23-2014, 02:32 PM

The protesters are people that owned property in the other side and are not allowed to go in, and in most cases their properties have been taken by Serb refugees from Croatia. In other hand Serbs that owed property in the rest of Kosova, can come and do as they wish with their property. Don't you think that is a double standard?

The Lawspeaker
06-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Send in the troops - with real bullets and have them tell those rioters they have two seconds to GTFO the street.

Scholarios
06-23-2014, 02:40 PM
The protesters are people that owned property in the other side and are not allowed to go in, and in most cases their properties have been taken by Serb refugees from Croatia. In other hand Serbs that owed property in the rest of Kosova, can come and do as they wish with their property. Don't you think that is a double standard?

Well, either way, it is going to end with a bloody mess in favor of Albanians. Regardless. And I know I am biased- but I really doubt that the Serbs currently have free reign to do as they wish in Kosovo. Maybe with UN guards.

But I havent been there so I dont know...

Arianiti
06-23-2014, 02:45 PM

And what is your suggestion, how should people react when someone creates barricades in the middle of the bridge and free movement is not allowed? Tell me what would you in Greece do? I would imagine what would Serbia regime do if Albanians would put barricades on the streets of Preseva valley. So, amigo shut up and mind your business.

Those barricades were used in Croatia too, before the "Storm" operation. :)

The Illyrian Warrior
06-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Protesters have all right to protest, if something goes wrong in policy making expect people to stood up against those who kept city divided with purpose hence International community in specific EU countries such as France also most of all against Serbs installing own criminal institutions inside a sovereign country likewise the Russia example in Ukraine which juridically goes against International laws but same as here at play are double standard rules thus people stood up and gonna do it as long as are treated equally so the Serbia quits from hypocritical policy together with IC toward Kosova issue.

Arianiti
06-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Send in the troops - with real bullets and have them tell those rioters they have two seconds to GTFO the street.

Relax boy. Why so angry?

The Lawspeaker
06-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Relax boy

Protestors have a right to protest but not to riot. We're dealing with Balkanoids so we should do things the Balkanoid way: force.

Skerdilaid
06-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Well, either way, it is going to end with a bloody mess in favor of Albanians. Regardless. And I know I am biased- but I really doubt that the Serbs currently have free reign to do as they wish in Kosovo. Maybe with UN guards.

But I havent been there so I dont know...

Well it could end up in our favour, but we are the majority even in the North prior to the war, so it should end that way.

Plenty have moved back, and not to mention the ones that actually never had to leave because they were not involved in the conflict. it's something else that some refuse to live under Albanian law, and too bad, because we can't help such cases.

Arianiti
06-23-2014, 03:23 PM
Protestors have a right to protest but not to riot. We're dealing with Balkanoids so we should do things the Balkanoid way: force.

But you have to be careful with Balkanoids too, You remember how many soldiers were killed by serbs, 2 3 germans? > and you did nothing. So relax )

You can not tell people how should they protest in their own land, if you know what I mean.

The Illyrian Warrior
06-23-2014, 03:27 PM

Do they protest in your own street or country..NO!!! Than why in the heck does it bothers to you???

The Lawspeaker
06-23-2014, 03:27 PM
But you have to be careful with Balkanoids too, You remember how many soldiers were killed by serbs, 2 3 germans? > and you did nothing. So relax )

You can not tell people how should they protest in their own land, if you know what I mean.

It hasn't been your land since you became Muslim. With just being around our boys are doing you a favour none of you actually deserves. Your land is Saudi Arabia or Turkey.

Skerdilaid
06-23-2014, 03:30 PM
It hasn't been your land since you became Muslim. With just being around our boys are doing you a favour none of you actually deserves. Your land is Saudi Arabia or Turkey.

Cock sucker, get a fuck out of here, and go try keep your women away from Africans and Turks!

The Lawspeaker
06-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Cock sucker, get a fuck out of here, and go try keep your women away from Africans and Turks!

They don't date you lot anyway. :thumb001: It's however Turks and Africans that fuck your daughters.

Skerdilaid
06-23-2014, 03:33 PM
They don't date you lot anyway. :thumb001: It's however Turks and Africans that fuck your daughters.

Sure they do, as they are big numbers out here:rolleyes: Can't say the same for your country though.

Btw I would not touch your women with a ten foot pole!

Arianiti
06-23-2014, 06:33 PM

If it is not ours bring those Amstermd gays here and come and get, stupid. You are no one, so how can you send something anywhere? Say hello to you Vietnamese wife..is she european? You dare to speak about Europeans. Normally losers like your behave like this.

All Europe is albanian :) Our sperm has played a major role in creating Europeans.

Christian "humanism" you are a big humanist :)

Minesweeper
06-23-2014, 06:43 PM

That's not true, there are alternative ways to the Northern part of the town, two or three, can't remember now. Ask IllyianWarrior, he should know. That bridge was blocked for the last three years and now when it is opened for pedestrian use, they protest? xD Also, part about refugees from Croatia is pure nonsense.

Kastrioti1443
06-23-2014, 06:48 PM
I do not understand what dees a gay dutch, whose sister is fucked by niggers doing in this thread, I really can not comprehend this.

Arianiti
06-23-2014, 06:51 PM
He wants to bring Tai, Koreans, Vietnamese and populate Europe with them, thats what he is doing in this thread.

Skerdilaid
06-23-2014, 07:32 PM
That's not true, there are alternative ways to the Northern part of the town, two or three, can't remember now. Ask IllyianWarrior, he should know. That bridge was blocked for the last three years and now when it is opened for pedestrian use, they protest? xD Also, part about refugees from Croatia is pure nonsense.

I don't get what you are trying to say, what's not true? Serbs from Croatia were settled almost in all Kosova prior to the war, and now days most are in Mitrovica.

The.Mask
06-23-2014, 07:44 PM

I'm not muslim and it's my land, and i fuck you. go support Holland with niggers like Depay and Leroy Fer hahahha

Minesweeper
06-23-2014, 09:21 PM
I don't get what you are trying to say, what's not true? Serbs from Croatia were settled almost in all Kosova prior to the war, and now days most are in Mitrovica.

That, of course, is not truth but it doesn't matter, it's irrelevant. What I don't understand is why protesting now when bridge is opened for pedestrian use when a huge barricade stood there for the last three years? Also, the explanation that they can't reach their property is ridiculous because there are many alternative streets that connect two parts of the city. Is opening that bridge for motor vehicles so important?

IllyrianWarrior, could you explain it, I want to know your side of the story too.

albosomething
06-23-2014, 09:24 PM
It hasn't been your land since you became Muslim.

ID LOVE TO HEAR THE LOGIC BEHIND THIS

Crn Volk
06-24-2014, 01:38 AM
And what is your suggestion, how should people react when someone creates barricades in the middle of the bridge and free movement is not allowed? Tell me what would you in Greece do? I would imagine what would Serbia regime do if Albanians would put barricades on the streets of Preseva valley. So, amigo shut up and mind your business.

Those barricades were used in Croatia too, before the "Storm" operation. :)

Difference is Kosovo is still officially part of Serbia according to the UN

Arianiti
06-24-2014, 07:33 AM
Difference is Kosovo is still officially part of Serbia according to the UN

Kosova is a state like any other in the world, apart from Fyrom that is fake, artificial one.

Serbs will have their legitimate elected people in the parliament of Kosova, in the negotiation done between our government and Serbia, with EU being as the host of those negotiation they have agreed that all barricades will be removed, they will participate in elections, and we will have our regular legitimate institution in that part of Kosova.

What they did is they removed the barricade built of stones and other heavy material, and they are so fucked up as to put concrete pots with pines and soil on the bridge saying we will built a park of peace on the bridge?! Those people are really fucked up.

So that is why people started to protest, as they have theri homes in that part, and situation is not being solved as you can not trust those criminals of the north. That area has become the hearth of criminals, contrabandist, outlaws etc, I do not think that there is any zone in the world more outlawed than that part of Kosova.

An international visiting that part before some years ago told how he had to pass several check points by armed people, skinheads etc.

The Illyrian Warrior
06-24-2014, 01:41 PM
That, of course, is not truth but it doesn't matter, it's irrelevant. What I don't understand is why protesting now when bridge is opened for pedestrian use when a huge barricade stood there for the last three years? Also, the explanation that they can't reach their property is ridiculous because there are many alternative streets that connect two parts of the city. Is opening that bridge for motor vehicles so important?

IllyrianWarrior, could you explain it, I want to know your side of the story too.

What Skerdilaid said actually holds truth in it, great share of Serbs residing in Northern part of the city in specific Bosnian quarter ("Mahalla e Bosnjakeve" as we call) come from Croatian Serb refugees who settled inside apartment buildings sponsored by Serbian state to fill up the area once overwhelming majority Albanian area now leaning toward Serb favor, also good proportion settled near "Kodra e Minatorve" quarter (where I was born) together with other Serbian state founded buildings to accommodate Serb new-comers from within and outside Kosova.