PDA

View Full Version : The New Burzum

Freomæg
02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k109/Diamond_Oz/Burzum_-_Belus.jpg

I know we have some Burzum fans here. I've been fortunate enough to listen to a preview of the new album and it's quite impressive. Fans of old Burzum shouldn't be disappointed.

Anyone else heard any of it?

http://www.burzum.org/img/gallery08/big/photo06.jpg

There's also going to be a new range of Burzum t-shirts featuring all kinds of Runic, Heathenistic imagery and symbolism. Indeed, one of the shirts labels Varg Vikernes a "Seidmannen", Norse for Shaman or Wizard. The man seems quite comfortable putting himself on public display again and I suppose I can only admire him for that.

Tabiti
02-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Yes, I've heard some samples. A completely different music, however it's quite good old typical Norwegian style BM. I liked it.
If I was Varg, I would just "kill" Burzum and create some other project. Burzum should remain in the past, as a legend, an epoch. It can't be the same again.

Freomæg
02-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Hmmm I dunno. He's the same man, with the same ideals, and the music has the same spirit. It doesn't sound like it's been 15 years or whatever since his last black metal album. I was sceptical, but after hearing it I'm glad to have Burzum back. He hasn't betrayed himself.

Tabiti
02-11-2010, 07:46 PM
He hasn't betrayed himself.
Well, yes, to be honest I expected something much worse.

Jägerstaffel
02-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Where can one hear the samples?

Pallantides
02-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Varg is suspected of burning down Fanatoft wich was built in 1150 making it the oldest Stave Church In Norway, that is an unforgivable act.
http://www.tunliweb.no/Bilder_SM/_album_Bergen/f4a_1024pixel.jpg
http://img.nrk.no/img/279394.jpeg

The man is disliked by most Norwegians but he seem to have quite the following abroad, the man is an arsonist, a murderer and an enemy of the Norwegian people and our culture, I couldn't give two shits about Euronymous but he should have been hanged for destroying Norwegian cultural sites.

Tabiti
02-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Where can one hear the samples?
Nw-r7w3lt_4

Jägerstaffel
02-11-2010, 07:59 PM
I like it so far. Seems a bit like old Burzum but the pace is faster.

Pallantides, we all know what he did and is suspected of doing. I don't think this thread is about what we think of the man himself or his acts. There is already a thread dedicated to that somewhere in the forum, if memory serves me.

Freomæg
02-11-2010, 08:07 PM
I agree to an extent Pallantides. Actually, there are many things I disagree strongly with Varg Vikernes on, but his heart is mostly in the right place. He has done foolish things, but he has conviction, and his art is valuable. It's a shame that, if what you say is true, most Norwegians hate him.

Jägerstaffel
02-11-2010, 08:09 PM
I've got my own opinions on the man and the little legend surrounding him, but I've always enjoyed Burzum as a dark atmospheric background music that suits a particular mood.

Tabiti
02-11-2010, 08:12 PM
I don't support worshiping behaviour either, however as a BM fan I cannot just deny his contribution to the style as a whole.

MarcvSS
02-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I allready have the album (the rehearsal version)...

It's not very different from the old shit. Still its a good listen.

Praamžius
02-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Id rather not spoil myself with samples gonna wait till get an album and then will go to my overgrown park to listen to it. Burzum music is really something magical at least for me

Ok i spoiled myself with samples and it's seems rather good , even his vocals changed pretty much it's not youngsters screaming anymore it's sounds more mature now.

Baron Samedi
02-20-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm listening to it now. It's surreal... I want to be listening to this in the snow.

Varg is a fucking genius.

Crux
02-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Since Belus leaked yesteday I thought I'd give my thoughts on it.
...there isn't really much to say except that it's very very good, It met my expectations which were quite high. It's a more than solid album that every music fan should at least give a try listening to.

Freomæg
02-20-2010, 09:26 AM
It leaked? Oh man that sucks. I hope not from any of the careless idiots I know who own it early for professonal reasons.

Psychonaut
02-20-2010, 10:31 AM
There were a few spots that made me go "eh?"

But on the whole, it was a more mature presentation of the trance-like melodies that made Filosofem such a masterpiece. It takes a very special artist to be repetitive in a manner that is stimulating rather than boring. In this, Varg has always been successful. I've only listened through once, but something tells me that my appreciation of it will deepen as it unfolds through repeated listenings.

Zyklop
03-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Real or fake?
http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=997764#post997764

Pallantides
03-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Real or fake?

Lol I bet it's fake, someone should invite him here though.:p

I want to ask him why he burned down Fanatoft.

Zyklop
03-13-2010, 03:11 PM
If he is real he at least still is controversial...

http://i41.tinypic.com/rup9aa.jpg

Pallantides
03-13-2010, 03:14 PM
He is wrong about Iceland.

Tabiti
03-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Trve Norsk Neanthertalsk Cave Black Metal :D

P.S. A miracle happened! I can see skadi without a proxy! At least! Maybe I'm Neanderthal enough;)

Pallantides
03-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Varg can be a Neanderthal all he wants, but I'm not one. :D

Crux
03-13-2010, 03:51 PM
If he is real he at least still is controversial...

http://i41.tinypic.com/rup9aa.jpg

ahaha there is no way that is real

Freomæg
03-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Real or fake?
I actually think it's genuinely Varg. A troll does not immitate someone 'famous' in order to have what appears to be a sensible and heartfelt debate. Furthermore, Varg has - by his non-reluctance to appear on the front covers of international magazines - shown that he does not intend to be the recluse many people (including me) thought he would be. I think it's very plausible that he would involve himself in some kind of intellectual web-based debate concerning race and Germanic culture.

That said, I'd rather not read the things he has to say. I love his music and I admire the man, but there are certain of his views that I can never reconcile (specifically that Europe was once entirely Nordid racially) and that class-mixing is unforgiveable. I couldn't give a shit about class and nor am I Nordid by appearance.

Crux
03-13-2010, 04:07 PM
I actually think it's genuinely Varg. A troll does not immitate someone 'famous' in order to have what appears to be a sensible and heartfelt debate. Furthermore, Varg has - by his non-reluctance to appear on the front covers of international magazines - shown that he does not intend to be the recluse many people (including me) thought he would be. I think it's very plausible that he would involve himself in some kind of intellectual web-based debate concerning race and Germanic culture.

That said, I'd rather not read the things he has to say. I love his music and I admire the man, but there are certain of his views that I can never reconcile (specifically that Europe was once entirely Nordid racially) and that class-mixing is unforgiveable. I couldn't give a shit about class and nor am I Nordid by appearance.

Oh come on now do you really think that is him ? I mean really I can't see him post on forums such as that. And why the fuck openly admit that you are ''Varg Vikernes'', blah blah look at me I am famous, I doubt he would really want that. if he were really to post he would prob have a random ''fantasy'' nickname and not his own name.

Sarmata
03-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Real or fake?

Who knows... but if it's real it must hurt:

My race is my nation, and this race is identified by its beauty, fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. Passports matter no whit, and I'de rather marry a beautiful, blonde and blue-eyed woman from Russia, Slovakia, Poland, Lithuania or from anywhere else than pick a bride amongst «Nachgedunkelte Schrumpfgermanen» from Germany or any other «Germanic» country.

Oh, and I can tell that I know this term, «Nachgedunkelte Schrumpfgermanen», from Scandinavian and Finnish SS-volunteers, who mockingly used it to describe their shorter and darker German colleges in the Waffen-SS when talking amongst themselves. Many of them even said that it was surreal and a shame to watch how short, stocky, often brown eyed and dark haired German soldiers treated beautiful, slender, blue eyed and blonde Slavs as «Untermenschen», only because they weren't «Germanic».

«Tacitus mentions that they (i. e. the tribes living in Antiquity in what is today known as Germany) have common characteristics of blue eyes, blond or reddish hair.» (From De Origine et situ Germanorum) Can we say the same about the modern «nation» of Germany? Today blonde hair and blue eyes are dominant traits only in the northern extremes of Germany. So, Bärin, don't give me that crap about «As for Slavonic thralls, I don't think that's a desirable stock to mix with». These thralls were all blonde and blue eyed, like all the ancient Slavs were, and like I said already, that's more than what we can say about most modern Germans (or modern Norwegians, for that sake).

:D right Zyklop?

Tabiti
03-13-2010, 04:10 PM
I doubt that's the real Varg Vikernes as well, but who knows? People usually change a lot in jail;)

Freomæg
03-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Oh come on now do you really think that is him ? I mean really I can't see him post on forums such as that. And why the fuck openly admit that you are ''Varg Vikernes'', blah blah look at me I am famous, I doubt he would really want that. if he were really to post he would prob have a random ''fantasy'' nickname and not his own name.
I used to think he was not the "look at me I'm famous type", but I've come to discover that as much as he likes to pretend otherwise, he loves attention. And why not? He's a talented musician and a good thinker. I think he's exactly the kind of person who would declare who he is rather than hide behind a monicker - remember, he's all about honesty, integrity and honour. He also has nothing to hide and is very open about some aspects of himself. He also sees himself as 'infamous' rather than 'famous' and so probably does not feel the need to hide who he is like most famous people do.

Anyway, it's nowhere near enough to tempt me back to Skadi. In fact, I may stop reading his interviews or writings (which we know are genuine) altogether, for some of his views may start to affect my enjoyment of his music :thumbs up.

Can't get enough of Belus. It's a fine, fine return.

Pallantides
03-13-2010, 04:22 PM
(specifically that Europe was once entirely Nordid racially)

Not even Norway have ever been entirely Nordid, *cough* Varg himself his from one of the less Nordid areas in Norway, that have had a lot of Celtic genetic input from Thralls and later Scottish immigrants.

Pallantides
03-13-2010, 04:28 PM
I'll take back everything bad I said about Varg, now that he trolls Germans like Bärin.:p

Crux
03-13-2010, 04:32 PM
I used to think he was not the "look at me I'm famous type", but I've come to discover that as much as he likes to pretend otherwise, he loves attention. And why not? He's a talented musician and a good thinker. I think he's exactly the kind of person who would declare who he is rather than hide behind a monicker - remember, he's all about honesty, integrity and honour. He also has nothing to hide and is very open about some aspects of himself. He also sees himself as 'infamous' rather than 'famous' and so probably does not feel the need to hide who he is like most famous people do.

Anyway, it's nowhere near enough to tempt me back to Skadi. In fact, I may stop reading his interviews or writings (which we know are genuine) altogether, for some of his views may start to affect my enjoyment of his music :thumbs up.

Can't get enough of Belus. It's a fine, fine return.

Well still if it somehow turns out to really be him (for example if he mentions on his website that he is involved in this), fanboys from all across the globe will flock to skadi just to type ''hi'' on his profile page. The forum would prob combust in a day if that happened. Or maybe not, I wonder how many of his fans actually follow his website. It still seems kinda ''odd'' to be honest.

Zyklop
03-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Who knows... but if it's real it must hurt:
Why should it? Unlike you I'm not one of Varg's fanboys, nor is he right about Germans considering Slavs Untermenschen. The many Slavic volunteers in the Waffen-SS should be proof enough.

I have noticed however that Poles in their helplessness often want to drag other Slavs into their dealings with Germany by means of some artificial Slavic brotherhood as displayed in your signature - which ironically sports a German Wolf's Hook and coal mining symbol.

Tabiti
03-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Just imagine his profile Inbox;)

Crux
03-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Well anyway whoever that person might be, he trully is a part of the troll herrenvolk :thumbs up

Tabiti
03-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Well anyway whoever that person might be, he trully is a part of the troll herrenvolk :thumbs up
So, we should expect him here:rolleyes:

Crux
03-13-2010, 04:56 PM

That would be hilarious to be honest. Someone go invite him :D

Sarmata
03-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Why should it? Unlike you I'm not one of Varg's fanboys, nor is he right about Germans considering Slavs Untermenschen. The many Slavic volunteers in the Waffen-SS should be proof enough.

I have noticed however that Poles in their helplessness often want to drag other Slavs into their dealings with Germany by means of some artificial Slavic brotherhood as displayed in your signature - which ironically sports a German Wolf's Hook and coal mining symbol.

1) Did I mentioned that I'm Vargs fan?
2) I know the story of Waffen SS, as for Slavic volunteers they fought for their own national cause vide Ukrainians.
3) Slavic brotherhood it's not artifical its real...
4) Nationalists all around the world use many symbols like celtic cross, triskelion, wolfs hook etc. if you disslike it try to gain copyrights then.;)
By the way did Nazis salutation and symbols like eagle had Germanic origin?

Crux
03-13-2010, 05:14 PM
1) Did I mentioned that I'm Vargs fan?
2) I know the story of Waffen SS, as for Slavic volunteers they fought for their own national cause vide Ukrainians.
3) Slavic brotherhood it's not artifical its real...
4) Nationalists all around the world use many symbols like celtic cross, triskelion, wolfs hook etc. if you disslike it try to gain copyrights then.;)
By the way did Nazis salutation and symbols like eagle had Germanic origin?

Sorry bro, but it is pretty much artificial in most cases, in some cases it is not but in the grand scheme of things it was used by power hungry Russian and others so that they could justify them grabbing other nations and using the excuse ''hey we are slavs amrite ? no need to be angry lol''.

Didn't you Poles even have a Sarmatian identity thing going or something, that went against being a ''Slav'' so you could distance yourselves from the Russians ?

Pallantides
03-13-2010, 05:26 PM

It's probably just some Russian fanboy who have read up on Varg, with to much time on his hands.

Zyklop
03-13-2010, 05:54 PM
1) Did I mentioned that I'm Vargs fan? You obviously put a lot of weight in his opinion. But I can assure you it really hurts that he considers Poles more Neanderthal than Germans, though.

2) I know the story of Waffen SS, as for Slavic volunteers they fought for their own national cause vide Ukrainians.No shit, Sherlock. I thought they considered themselves German and fought for a greater Reich.

3) Slavic brotherhood it's not artifical its real...Which is demonstrated by the lack of intra-Slavic conflicts during the last century...

4) Nationalists all around the world use many symbols like celtic cross, triskelion, wolfs hook etc. if you disslike it try to gain copyrights then.;)A bit funny when Polish nationalists try to agitate against Germany and use a German heraldic symbol while doing so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfsangel

By the way did Nazis salutation and symbols like eagle had Germanic origin?You would have a point if Nazi agitation was directed against the Roman Empire which it wasn't. Quite the contrary.

Sarmata
03-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Sorry bro, but it is pretty much artificial in most cases, in some cases it is not but in the grand scheme of things it was used by power hungry Russian and others so that they could justify them grabbing other nations and using the excuse ''hey we are slavs amrite ? no need to be angry lol''.

Didn't you Poles even have a Sarmatian identity thing going or something, that went against being a ''Slav'' so you could distance yourselves from the Russians ?

I know you Crux from Stirpes, you're sceptical in Pan-Slavism case, well becouse of communism and Soviet occupation many Slavs seen Pan-Slavism as empty word, or even synonym for tyrany. But if we want it or not our Slavic nations are related by culture and blood(genetic evidence proves that fact).

As for "Sarmatian identity" it's probably only fable tale created by our nobles...but to be honest some evidences proves that some Sarmatian tribes could be assimilated by early Slavs( especially southern Slavs).
But you Slovenians have your own fable story about Germanic origin, right;)?

Sarmata
03-13-2010, 06:40 PM
You obviously put a lot of weight in his opinion. But I can assure you it really hurts that he considers Poles more Neanderthal than Germans, though.

It was funny. Becouse it was posted on Skadi:) and such Slav-eater as you posted his opinions here.:D

No shit, Sherlock. I thought they considered themselves German and fought for a greater Reich.

What can I say...thanx Watson:)

Which is demonstrated by the lack of intra-Slavic conflicts during the last century

Slavs fought against Slavs and Germanics against Germanics, it doesn't mean that we (Slavs) are not related...

...A bit funny when Polish nationalists try to agitate against Germany and use a German heraldic symbol while doing so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfsangel
You would have a point if Nazi agitation was directed against the Roman Empire which is wasn't. Quite the contrary.

It wasn't agitation against Germany for sure, it's about territorial integrity of Poland and Serbia.
Didn't Nazis considered Southern Europeans of Medditerranean race as inferior race:)

Crux
03-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I know you Crux from Stirpes, you're sceptical in Pan-Slavism case, well becouse of communism and Soviet occupation many Slavs seen Pan-Slavism as empty word, or even synonym for tyrany. But if we want it or not our Slavic nations are related by culture and blood(genetic evidence proves that fact).

As for "Sarmatian identity" it's probably only fable tale created by our nobles...but to be honest some evidences proves that some Sarmatian tribes could be assimilated by early Slavs( especially southern Slavs).
But you Slovenians have your own fable story about Germanic origin, right;)?

Lol I never was at Stirpes what the heck are you talking about ?
Our folklore is more similar to German and Swiss folklore than to the Polish one, it is also similar to Croatian in some parts but not to you Poles. Related by genetics how ? By culture... :/ ?

It may be a fairy tales but the Polish nobles wanted to create their own
meta-identity and distinguish themselves even more from the Russians and co. which imo was the right thing to do since at least at that time Poles had a rich culture and it would be laughable to think of it as merely an extension of a greater ''Slav'' culture, which is what you are doing. As for the Sklaveni asimilating Sarmatian tribes, it could be very possible. The Serboi the Serbs etc, it is possible that there is a connection. Also one (or more) Serbian knight considered himself a ''true Sarmatian'' etc. But that is besides the point.

And Germanic origin ? What the shit ?

Anyway you Poles are as close to me as Ethiopians.

Zyklop
03-13-2010, 07:22 PM
It was funny. Becouse it was posted on Skadi:) and such Slav-eater as you posted his opinions here.:D Again you are trying to make the Polish-German conflict a Slavic issue. I doubt you will find evidence of me "eating" Slavs, aside from loudmouthed Pan-Slavists and Poles. Most Slavs are ok, I especially like the Croats.

Slavs fought against Slavs and Germanics against Germanics, it doesn't mean that we (Slavs) are not related...
Which was not disputed.

Didn't Nazis considered Southern Europeans of Medditerranean race as inferior race:)Alone that Hitler admired Mussolini should show you how much there is to that assumption.

Sarmata
03-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Lol I never was at Stirpes what the heck are you talking about ?
Our folklore is more similar to German and Swiss folklore than to the Polish one, it is also similar to Croatian in some parts but not to you Poles. Related by genetics how ? By culture... :/ ?

It may be a fairy tales but the Polish nobles wanted to create their own
meta-identity and distinguish themselves even more from the Russians and co. which imo was the right thing to do since at least at that time Poles had a rich culture and it would be laughable to think of it as merely an extension of a greater ''Slav'' culture, which is what you are doing. As for the Sklaveni asimilating Sarmatian tribes, it could be very possible. The Serboi the Serbs etc, it is possible that there is a connection. Also one (or more) Serbian knight considered himself a ''true Sarmatian'' etc. But that is besides the point.

And Germanic origin ? What the shit ?

Anyway you Poles are as close to me as Ethiopians.

So it was someone different...but he was also Slovenian and with similar views.

No you're wrong it was fairy tale for justify social position of nobles.

I read once about some old work about linguistics, author(Slovenian) found some similarities with Slovenian and Old Norse languages, when I find it I will give you link

Crux
03-13-2010, 08:02 PM
So it was someone different...but he was also Slovenian and with similar views.

No you're wrong it was fairy tale for justify social position of nobles.

I read once about some old work about linguistics, author(Slovenian) found some similarities with Slovenian and Old Norse languages, when I find it I will give you link
I am no expert about the whole Sarmatism thing but I read that they also styled their clothing and armor among other things in a supposed Sarmatian style. So it was just to distinguish the higher Pole clases from the lower instead of Poles in general ?

Many so called Slovenian ''linguists and co.'' are stupid. Just flat out stupid.

edit : But anyway this thread is about Varg, and his trollsona. Did he make any new posts ?

Zyklop
03-13-2010, 09:50 PM
edit : But anyway this thread is about Varg, and his trollsona. Did he make any new posts ?It's all a bit surreal.http://i41.tinypic.com/2ni1d9y.jpg

Anyway, the new Burzum album is a surprisingly atmospheric work that doesn't have to hide behind older albums like Filosofem. The intro and outro are a bit unimpressive though.

Osweo
03-13-2010, 11:59 PM
It's all a bit surreal.http://i41.tinypic.com/2ni1d9y.jpg
And Sigurd 'thanked' that post??!! Surely this 'Varg' should have been banned by now for 'views hostile to Germanics'! Heh, if it was really him, I can imagine how Siggy would well up as he clicked 'Ban'... :D

Also one (or more) Serbian knight considered himself a ''true Sarmatian'' etc.
That's curious, where did you hear that?

Anthropos
03-14-2010, 12:03 AM
I tried to think of something worse than Burzum, but failed.

Guapo
03-14-2010, 12:21 AM
That's curious, where did you hear that?

Miloš Obilić and Order of the Dragon. The original Serbs, especially nobility, considered themselves to be Sarmatian.

Osweo
03-14-2010, 12:59 AM
Miloš Obilić and Order of the Dragon. The original Serbs, especially nobility, considered themselves to be Sarmatian.

Interesting... A little research reveals to me that this Milosh was at the famous Battle of Kosovo, sacrificing his own life to kill the Sultan, in 1389...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo%C5%A1_Obili%C4%87

There's nothing there about regarding himself in some manner as Sarmatian though. Was this in a ballad or written version of the legend from some more recent time, I wonder?

There may be some clue in the dragon lore though:

In the poem "Obilić Dragon's Son", Miloš is given a mythical ancestry as the son of a dragon to emphasise his superhuman strength on a physical and spiritual level; in this, he joins the ranks of many other heroes of Serbian poetry who fought against Turkish oppression and are claimed to have been descendants of a dragon.[8]

In folk epic and legends, Miloš was celebrated as the hero of supernatural birth and strength (his mother was a fairy, demonic creature or his father was a dragon; he had got his strength from the milk of the mare). He had an extraordinary horse called Ždral.
Russian folklore seems to associate the southern Stepnyaki with dragons. This seems to be from a layer of cultural memory far older than the turkicisation of the Steppe too.

The idea of the dragon standard of the British Arthur Pendragon having come from a Sarmation source might be worth mentioning here too... :thumb001:

By the way, does Ždral mean anything?

Guapo
03-14-2010, 01:17 AM
By the way, does Ždral mean anything?

http://www.birding.in/images/Birds/siberian_crane.jpg

Osweo
03-14-2010, 01:52 AM
http://www.birding.in/images/Birds/siberian_crane.jpg
А!!! ЖУРАВЛЬ!!!
Уай дидн'т ю сей со!!!!!

Slavs love to sing about cranes;
639AA6KYNsw