PDA

View Full Version : "Answers To The State Of Palestine Quiz"

Maleficent
06-26-2014, 06:33 PM
http://sabbah.biz/mt/archives/2009/12/11/answers-to-the-state-of-palestine-quiz/

I'm not gonna do a full quote of the entire article. Just click on it and read it.

1. This article tries too hard to Arabize Palestine and portray Palestine as Arab since the beginning.

2. Not a single mention of the word "Arabization" in this article.

3. Not a single mention of Christianity in this article. Only Judaism, Islam, and Canaanite Paganism. It even mentions Assyrian and Egyptian Paganism, which has nothing to do with Palestine/Israel.

4. Most mentions of Jewish history in this article seem to be backhanded compliments/subliminal insults.

5. At one point the writer goes as far as to claim that "Modern Hebrew" derives from "Ancient Arabic" when the truth is that Modern Hebrew and Modern Arabic BOTH derive from Ancient Aramaic, not to mention Levantine and Mesopotamian dialects of Arabic are closer to Aramaic and Hebrew than they are to Standard Arabic and Khaleeji Arabic.

6. This article is intent on portraying Israel as "European Colonialism" when we all know that's not fair for any sort of neutral point of view.

Okay, I'm done listing complaints for now.....

Conclusion: The viewpoints in this article are making Palestine look worse, they are not promoting peace in the Middle East at all whatsoever. Also, I can only assume this article was written by either a pan-Arabist or a Western Libtard, not sure which.

Yehiel
06-26-2014, 06:40 PM
I read the first sentence and stopped, ridiculous

StonyArabia
06-26-2014, 06:48 PM
http://sabbah.biz/mt/archives/2009/12/11/answers-to-the-state-of-palestine-quiz/

I'm not gonna do a full quote of the entire article. Just click on it and read it.

1. This article tries too hard to Arabize Palestine and portray Palestine as Arab since the beginning.

2. Not a single mention of the word "Arabization" in this article.

3. Not a single mention of Christianity in this article. Only Judaism, Islam, and Canaanite Paganism. It even mentions Assyrian and Egyptian Paganism, which has nothing to do with Palestine/Israel.

4. Most mentions of Jewish history in this article seem to be backhanded compliments/subliminal insults.

5. At one point the writer goes as far as to claim that "Modern Hebrew" derives from "Ancient Arabic" when the truth is that Modern Hebrew and Modern Arabic BOTH derive from Ancient Aramaic, not to mention Levantine and Mesopotamian dialects of Arabic are closer to Aramaic and Hebrew than they are to Standard Arabic and Khaleeji Arabic.

6. This article is intent on portraying Israel as "European Colonialism" when we all know that's not fair for any sort of neutral point of view.

Okay, I'm done listing complaints for now.....

Conclusion: The viewpoints in this article are making Palestine look worse, they are not promoting peace in the Middle East at all whatsoever. Also, I can only assume this article was written by either a pan-Arabist or a Western Libtard, not sure which.

Only Northern Iraqi Arab has Aramaic influence. Southern Iraqi Arabic is frankly a Bedouin dialect and very close to the Gulf dialects especially of the Eastern coast like that of the UAE. Northern Iraqi Arabic or Maslwai is very close to Syrian and sometimes it gets hard to understand. However the standard Iraqi Arabic dialect is intermediate between the two

Maleficent
06-26-2014, 06:51 PM
I read the first sentence and stopped, ridiculous1. You can't participate in the thread properly if you don't read the entire article.

2. The first sentence/paragraph of the article is not ridiculous.

"THE GREAT ZIONIST MYTH: The Palestinians never existed before modern Israel was established. They came from other Arab lands to try to take what the Israelis had rightful claims to. “Palestinians” pretend to the world and to themselves that they have always been there, but they are delusional and do it all merely because they hate Jews."

From a neutral point-of-view: It's correct that Palestinians are the native Levantine people of the Holy Land that were linguistically and culturally Arabized by the Muslims who came from Arabia in the 600s AD. The Romans who were anti-Semitic towards the Jews were trying to piss off and insult the Jewish population of the Holy Land so in the year 135 AD they changed the name of the country from Judea to Syria-Palaestina, thereby naming the country after the Biblical enemies of the Jews: the Philistines.

Yehiel
06-26-2014, 06:57 PM
1. When was the country of Palestine founded and by whom?

There was never a independent country called Palestine, just a geographical region.

2. What were Palestine’s borders?

Whatever the Romans wanted it to be?

3. What was Palestine’s capital?

I have no idea

4. What were Palestine’s major cities?

The ones that you see to, aside from a few modern cities.

5. Name at least one Palestinian “leader” before Arafat.

Please do, the guy who wrote this article didnt even do it.

6. What was the language of the country of Palestine?

I am still wondering why this guy keeps calling it a country? it was a region, of the Roman empire. Im pretty sure a majority spoke Aramaic but Hebrew still remained as a language but was only used for certain reasons. I was also told it was spoken on a day to day basis as a minority.

7. What was the prevalent religion of the “ancient country of Palestine”?

once again, calling it a country. The REGION went through many different changes.

8. What was the name of Palestine’s currency?

Depends on the era

9. Choose any date in history and tell what was the approximate exchange rate of the “Palestinian” monetary unit against the US dollar, German mark, GB Pound, Japanese yen, or Chinese yuan on that date.

The Shekel was around waaaay before the currencies listed above where. (I dont really understand this question)

10. Since there is no such country as “Palestine” today, what caused its demise and when did it occur?

IT WAS NEVER A COUNTRY. the regions "demise" lol did start when the Jews came, however it was due to all the wars.

11. Why did the Palestinians never try to become independent until after the devastating defeat of invading Arab states in the 1967 Six-Day War?

Because they actually thought they had a chance prior to it lol

12 Bonus Question: How Ridiculous Is This?

Pretty ridiculous.

Maleficent, To you my answers may sound anti-Palestine but, I hope you understand when talking about Palestine in a historical context pre 1948 this is how it sounds.

EyeOfTheTiger
06-27-2014, 07:39 PM
aren't palestinians arab?
don't they consider themselves arabic?

Kamal900
06-28-2014, 12:51 PM
1. You can't participate in the thread properly if you don't read the entire article.

2. The first sentence/paragraph of the article is not ridiculous.

"THE GREAT ZIONIST MYTH: The Palestinians never existed before modern Israel was established. They came from other Arab lands to try to take what the Israelis had rightful claims to. “Palestinians” pretend to the world and to themselves that they have always been there, but they are delusional and do it all merely because they hate Jews."

From a neutral point-of-view: It's correct that Palestinians are the native Levantine people of the Holy Land that were linguistically and culturally Arabized by the Muslims who came from Arabia in the 600s AD. The Romans who were anti-Semitic towards the Jews were trying to piss off and insult the Jewish population of the Holy Land so in the year 135 AD they changed the name of the country from Judea to Syria-Palaestina, thereby naming the country after the Biblical enemies of the Jews: the Philistines.

Palestinians of all religious communities are indigenous, and Jews from all ethnic divisions as well. Palestinians are indeed Arabized natives that were Arabized(like the rest of the non-Arab countries like Egypt, Iraq, North Africa and the rest of the levant). Islamification was mostly involved admixture between Arabians and Natives, which is why that muslim levantines have more Arabian admixture than other religious communities. I see what you mean when Palestinians identify themselves as Arabs which is making their people more worse since it justifies Israel's look on the Palestinians as not natives and etc.

Hebrew did not came from Aramaic though. Its a canaanite language, and it most closely related to other canaanite languages like Phoenician. As for Arabic, its the only surviving Northern Arabian language, and it's intermediary between Aramaic and Babylonian Akkadian. Aramaic is a north-west language, while Arabic is a central semitic language.

I come from Acre, and my mother is from Az-Zeeb(which was a Phoenician port in ancient times).

Take this Lebanese muslim(shite) for example. In his McDonald results, he plotted in the levant with some South Asian admixture. Muslims do have more Arabian admixture than the christians no doubt. But still, he's a native to the region. Ashkenazim may have more euro admixture than the Mizhari but they are still indigenous to the Levant.

http://z3.ifrm.com/67/29/0/p458063/Full_20120905082752BGA4.png

Well, to have any peace at all is by first admitting our own faults and hatreds towards each other. We have to see this conflict in both sides, and acknowledge on the fact that we are natives to the land, and we should work together for a better future(I know its cliche but its true).