PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in karma?

de Burgh II
06-28-2014, 04:17 PM
I know that there is the simplistic saying of karma, "what goes around comes around" etc., but I get a feeling there is more that meets the eye to karma.
Such as whatever course of action you take will almost always have a consequence regardless if it maybe either positive or negative etc. Or would you say that there really isn't anything to these kinds of things; but simply happens because it does. What I mean by this is that bad and good things happen to "good" people and vice versa with "bad" people because that is simply how life is, neither good nor bad, simply the nature of life in its purest form.

Nevertheless its time for you to decide. :P

Feel free to give your own interpretation of your own notions, version of karma if you will, etc.

P.S. You can vote multiple times if you want to of course. :P

arcticwolf
06-28-2014, 05:05 PM
In the European culture karma is understood as an effect of actions, intentional or not.

In Buddhism karma is intent, that part of the mind which is the reason the action originates. All intentional action is karma, none of the non-intentional is. For instance, you give somebody "free" sample of something drugs your product, it does not really matter, your intention comes from your own greed, you want them hooked on whatever you are selling, so you can profit, so you can go after whatever shit you lust after.

Plus if you believe you live once and that's it, you die, and there is nothing, finito, then karma is hard to understand, because when you die it seems like you got away with some shit.

Karma is the easiest to understand as an ethical law of cause and effect, that is attached to a particular stream of ever changing processes, known to us as an entity, namely a being.

Believing in it is the wrong way to go about it, set your mind into observant mode and watch. There is no Big Ghost in the sky, that can do it for you, but you yourself have the ability to see reality directly, everybody inherently does.

The thing is, is your mind fed up playing games, being stupid, developed enough for the task of discovery?

Oh fuck, tf do I care! I'm busy! :laugh:

Graham
06-28-2014, 05:09 PM
I believe in Korma.

Karma, nah.

TheBlondeSalad
06-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Nope. Some of the biggest pricks have all the luck.

Melina
06-28-2014, 05:16 PM
No. I believe it was a fairy tale just like soap operas to make people believe the bad guy always loses while the good guy always wins. Those are one of the biggest fantasies I have ever heard of. In the real world the more of an asshole you are here the more you are respected and promoted. If you are a good guy you will most likely get screwed over by everyone.

Armand_Duval
06-28-2014, 05:30 PM
I agree with what you make has consecuences in life, both negative and positive. Call it Karma, call it whatever you want but if you behave as a jerk, sooner or later you'll have what you deserve coming.

Now it is also true that sometimes bad things happen to good people and I have also seen good things happening to jerks who didn't deserve them,

For jerks who do wrong and still seem to get away with it, their time will come I am sure of it.

What about good and innocent people who suffer -apparently with no reason- the effects of bad things?. I'm afraid I dont have a precise answer for that. I think it is due to random facts that just happen to take place and affect the wrong people.

Armand_Duval
06-28-2014, 05:34 PM
No. I believe it was a fairy tale just like soap operas to make people believe the bad guy always loses while the good guy always wins. Those are one of the biggest fantasies I have ever heard of. In the real world the more of an asshole you are here the more you are respected and promoted. If you are a good guy you will most likely get screwed over by everyone.

Most of them get what they deserve, Have you heard the said: You'll harvest what you have seeded?.

Hevo
06-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Actually Karma literally means "action" or "doing". vipāka is the result of the deed.

Ultra
06-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Actually Karma literally means "action" or "doing". vipāka is the result of the deed.
Nice to know bro, thanks.

Yaroslav
06-28-2014, 05:49 PM
No.

AndreiUralian
06-28-2014, 05:50 PM

Well its actually a intresting question but in reallity this is more like a human made concept lets say if nothing is true and everything is permited it wouldnt matter so much any rules that where prescribe at the beggining of the Civilization as then they where made on like commandments for any religious section, but it mostly depends on the person let say if you really program in your reality the ideology of karma it could actually start working on you the strong your belief holds on to it, but as i dont have to believe or program this types of ideologys i dont get the effect of this things.

path
from Religion to Philosophy (Science) and from Philosophy (Science) to chaos is possible, but will be difficult and incomprehensible for the majority, because the majority - it's always more without specifying the objects, lambs to the slaughter than Horsemen of the New Age.
No one hears the voice of the voiceless.
Play up the society to be understood by everyone hearken - or do "injection Chaos" immobilized with terror victim? Multiply Magical religious doctrines that differ from one another only in colors and shapes of subjects - or just plunge into darkness inavsegda
billions of creatures
Who are used to seeing only part of the "big picture of the world", and that in the reflected light? Because fear-Changing Ways! :D

AndreiUralian
06-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Chaotic essence of gnosis as a religious and philosophical concepts, in one sentence, and it is this: in the approximation of Chaos as a higher order of Chaos Formation of a subject by associating it with his gifts! Subject of Chaos can be anybody, without the need for any "spiritual" intermediaries! First Among Equals becomes among the first! Fundamentals of magic chaos - it Subjective identity and network constructivism.
Goal - the closure of the "people" and the formation of the subject on the principle of "individual open source" and establishing a communication network operators as an alternative to traditional societies monkey homo hierarchy monotheism and propagating through a public body of a globalized world
unnecessarily
opposition / confrontation with him, or escapism. We grow through negopodobno grass growing through the asphalt!

Wolf Howl
06-29-2014, 12:36 AM
I don't believe in karma but as a Heathen I subscribe to the twin concepts of orlog and wyrd:

ORLOG

Örlög (“Primal-layer”) or Wyrd, is the cosmic web of cause and effect that is influenced by, and influences everyone. Part of our Örlög is determined by the circumstances of our birth, our past lives, surroundings and so on. Örlög is not set in stone, for our choices in the moment are constantly modifying it. In other words, what we do now and have done in the past affects what happens to us in the future. This differs from the concept of “fate”, because it does not imply being utterly bound by a predetermined future. Nevertheless, it does mean that we cannot escape the consequences of our actions. Orlog is described in Nordic mythology as being the external law of the Universe. It seems at times to be a kind of ‘Primal Goddess’, an entity without beginning or ending, older and superior even than the gods and giants. The decrees of Orlog could not be set aside, and it was the pattern set by Orlog that the Norns wove, themselves bound by powers beyond their control.

‘LOG’, derived from Old Norwegian LAGU, means ‘law’, only it is a much broader, more binding, concept than our modern word. It also encompassed the concept of ‘lore’, knowledge and wisdom of the past, for use in the present. The term ‘OR-LOG’ means something along the lines of First Law, Primal Law, Ultimate Law (The Law, as in the Law or Word of God). Also, it could be seen as First Principle or Primal Layer. To sum up, and to greatly understate it, Orlog is the ultimate purpose, or great plan, of Creation.

WYRD
In Norse Germanic mythology, Wyrd is a primal goddess and was the mother of the Norns. Her only appearance in surviving mythology seems to be her declaration that Vidar, son of Odin, will survive Ragnarok.

The word Wyrd is Old English and means ‘destiny’. From the same root comes Urd, one of the Norns, and the Germanic words Werth, Warth and Wurth, which mean ‘become’. The root word means ‘to turn’ or ‘to become’ and relates to that which has become (past and present), and that which will become (future). The term Wyrd has been translated as ‘Fate’, but has a different meaning to the Greco-Roman concept of fate, as will be shown.

An interesting aspect of Wyrd is that it can be pronounced as ‘Weird’ or ‘Word’ and both of these reveal meaning within the concept of Wyrd. ‘Weird’ can mean fate or destiny, and the Fates (similar entities to the Norns) are sometimes called the Weird Sisters. Weird also means supernatural, unearthly, uncanny. This last is derived from un kenny – ‘beyond our ken’ or ‘beyond our ability to know’. So the very word defies our ability to comprehend it.

‘Word’ can have very significant meaning within the concept of Wyrd. In the Gospel according to St. John (1:1), it is written that ‘In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.’ Not a Nordic source, granted, but a mystery tradition that links the Word (Wyrd) with the Creative Powers of the Cosmos, as the concept of Wyrd is. The entire world was created with words in the Judeao/Christian tradition, and even in Nordic traditions a great deal of score was set by words, both as sources of wisdom (and thus power), and as mysteries with spells and blessings being spoken.
http://odinsvolk.ca/new/virtues/

Germaniac
06-29-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm a Christian, no karma for me.

Feral
06-29-2014, 12:55 AM
Nope. I do try to understand probabilities, causalities and consequences, though.

Virtuous
06-29-2014, 12:57 AM
OP refer to my signature.

cally
06-29-2014, 12:57 AM
Nope.:)

Veneda
06-29-2014, 01:02 AM
Yes, I do, and it is called "dola" or "niedola" in my language :) Slavs will understand what 'dola'/'sudbina' means.

de Burgh II
06-29-2014, 04:20 AM
I guess for me its half and half. I do feel that in the long run that good people get the better end of the deal in life even if its not apparent. Thats the thing with life; sometimes all the "bad" things that happens in one's life may seem overwhelming, but it could simply be a "life lesson" so to speak. What I mean by life lessons is that maybe all the bad things that happen in our lives is nothing more but to "push" us in the right direction if we see the possible benefits from this "lesson". Life in its own right goes in accordance to how things really are in nature rather than what we want to convince ourselves to believe. Once we learn to accept things for what they are rather than convincing our selves to conform with our mental bias the better off one will be.

Also, if you take a "good", poor happy married man and a rich, "bad" opportunist man chances are the perceived "good" man has something the rich, "bad" man lacks... acceptance/contentment with one's life. The poor, happy man may lack all the materialist conveniences that defines our society as a whole, but he has contentment/happiness and those that he holds around him dearly because he is grateful for what he already has much rather than numbing his unfulfilled life behind material gain. Sure the rich man may have all the money in the world, but is he truly happy with oneself? Sure he can have temporary pleasures with he convenient material pleasure, but is it really permanent everlasting happiness/contentment?

One may have everything in the world, but how long will the happiness last? That is for the individual to decide. Not to say having money is not a bad thing; if anything especially in the progression of societies is a good thing; you just have to be cautious that it is there to numb or suppress one's own true happiness. Being driven to succeed in life is a very respectable trait overall because contributes greatly to society as a whole.

Also, I believe the good and bad things in one's life is something we should embrace not discourage. Without the bad, what lessons would you learn from ? Without the good, what would keep you going in life? These are just one of the many questions one must ask ourselves to truly understand and empowering truths that life has in store for us in the end; to have strength to see a better tomorrow for all to aspire. Sure it may seem the truth may not show today... or the day after that... but someday when one is mentally ready for what it has in store... for us all...

Yehiel
06-29-2014, 04:35 AM
NO

Ants
06-29-2014, 06:17 AM
No. I can go and slaughter a cute little kitten right now, and get away with it, no problem.

Óttar
06-29-2014, 06:31 AM
Karma means "action." If no other metaphysical constructs are taken into consideration then karma is merely cause and effect. Whether there is anything beyond this, I cannot know for sure.

Neanderthal
06-29-2014, 06:48 AM
I believe in preemptive strike.

Breedingvariety
06-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Loop Lovers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T81Q-b3QE9c

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." Christ

Vasconcelos
06-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Unfortunetly no.

SardiniaAtlantis
06-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Nope.:)

This means we can be as cheeky as we like... XD

Smaug
06-29-2014, 10:39 PM
No, but sometimes I feel there is some kind of "anti-Karma": Be a cunt, and take the hunt. Be nice, and suffer twice.

Dictator
06-29-2014, 10:41 PM
No, but sometimes I feel there is some kind of "anti-Karma": Be a cunt, and take the hunt. Be nice, and suffer twice.

It works even more if you are in Brazil.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-29-2014, 10:44 PM
no. Karma is a mis interpretation of the relationship we have with our environment and its impression on us

Pjeter Pan
06-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Lmfao no

de Burgh II
07-03-2014, 04:02 AM
No. I can go and slaughter a cute little kitten right now, and get away with it, no problem.

... :ohwell:

Nehellenia
07-03-2014, 04:14 AM
I really don't.. because psychopaths seem to be some of the most famous and revered peoples in history, ancient or modern.

Incal
07-03-2014, 05:02 AM
Be nice, and suffer twice.

Well, one thing is to be nice and a different one to be stupid.

Melina
07-03-2014, 05:06 AM
I really don't.. because psychopaths seem to be some of the most famous and revered peoples in history, ancient or modern.

Why go that far? People in this forum think I am bad and have a lot of hatred? I am an angel compared to my two previous bosses. They were hardcore racists,anti fags and sexists as hell. :picard1:

Armand_Duval
07-03-2014, 05:08 AM
Why go that far? People in this forum think I am bad and have a lot of hatred? I am an angel compared to my two previous bosses. They were hardcore racists,anti fags and sexists as hell. :picard1:

I don't think you're bad actually, As a matter of fact I think you're sweet.;)

Nehellenia
07-03-2014, 05:09 AM

I've been watching a documentary series called 'Ancients behaving badly', i was referring to those kinds. Modern historical figures we all know :P

SardiniaAtlantis
07-03-2014, 05:10 AM
No I do not, but I do believe that there is enough decent people out there that you will get a positive response for being positive to others most of the time. No use going through life being a dick....except with women but thats in another sense of the word really...

Mn The Loki TA Son
07-03-2014, 05:12 AM
I believe in that you'll get what you deserve sooner or later.

Smaug
07-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Well, one thing is to be nice and a different one to be stupid.

I said nice.

Breedingvariety
07-04-2014, 12:37 PM
From evolutionary point of view karma is change of individual bodies depending on life style and change of inter generational physical constitution of species depending on life style.

Mere thinking one has enemies- creates enemies. That's one way to view karma.

The most simple definition of karma is birth and death cycle.

rhiannon
07-04-2014, 12:42 PM
If my idea of how karma should work were to operate effective immediately…

Every piece of shit scumbag who has ever killed a child, abused a child, or in any way has deliberately caused harm to a child.... They'd be struck dead this instant.

So I guess karma as I think it should exist doesn't exist, sadly :(