PDA

View Full Version : Female Condoms: would you use one?

Kazimiera
06-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Female Condoms

http://static.rappler.com/images/female-condom-shutterstock_67075435.jpg

Almost all condoms sold and used around the world are latex condoms that fit over the penis. However, these have a few drawbacks. In some regions, social expectations make it difficult or impossible for women to insist that their male partners wear condoms. This can also be true among commercial sex workers in some parts of the world, whose clients may refuse to wear condoms. The female condom, which helps address some of these concerns, made its debut in Switzerland in 1992. In the United States, the FDA approved it for distribution in 1993.

The female condom is a polyurethane sheath that is closed at one end and open at the other. Each end has a ring that holds the condom in place. The ring that fits inside the vagina, holding the closed end near the cervix, is smaller than the one that holds the condom on the outside of the body. It also provides women with a barrier method they have complete control over and can help protect against HIV and pregnancy.

The female condom has several other advantages over male condoms. It covers part of the labia, which can help protect against the transmission of some STIs that live on the skin. A woman can insert the condom before any sexual activity begins, while a male condom can be applied only after a man has an erection. Since the female condom is made from polyurethane, it can also be used with oil-based lubricants, unlike latex condoms. Finally, one study suggests that supplying commercial sex workers with both male and female condoms reduces the number of unprotected sex acts overall.

However, the female condom also has some disadvantages:

It's more expensive than the male condom, which has led women in some parts of the developing world to wash and reuse it. One study suggests that washing the female condom up to 10 times does not significantly break down the condom.
In clinical trials, it appears to be slightly less effective at preventing pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) than male condoms. However, it is significantly safer than unprotected sex.
Many users find it more difficult to insert than male condoms are to unroll.

http://www.health-e.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Old-Female-Condom.jpg

http://www.simple-health.co.uk/uploads/1/3/9/4/13947554/4745618_orig.jpg

http://caans.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/female-condom-on.jpg

Loki
06-28-2014, 07:24 PM
NO. I wouldn't have sex with a woman who wears that thing. Male condoms are a turn-off as well. Pill is the best - that and fucking her till she's pregnant :thumb001:

Ultra
06-28-2014, 07:35 PM
The idea is extremely repulsive to me and it would be an insta turn-off if I ever saw anything like that on a girl. I'd rather wear a condom myself.

Smaug
06-28-2014, 07:37 PM
The idea is extremely repulsive to me and it would be an insta turn-off if I ever saw anything like that on a girl. I'd rather wear a condom myself.

That.

Dictator
06-28-2014, 07:38 PM
This type of condom is safer than male ones since it protects the entire vaginal area.

Kazimiera
06-28-2014, 07:46 PM
I tried one once for the hell of it. The guy said it was like fucking a shower curtain. You can hear the plastic crinkle with each thrust. :picard1:

I definitely wouldn't use one of these as my first line of contraception. They are quite popular and effective in places like rural South Africa. Men often refuse to use condoms and don't like that the women are on birth control. This leads to two things: HIV explosion, and many unwanted pregnancies. The women are usually on the contraceptive injection so that the men don't know they are on something. The condom is chosen by the woman, so she can say "You either take me and the condom, or you don't have me at all". The men are more likely to concede to this than wear a condom himself. It also protects the outer female genitalia and reduces chances of herpes.

Some women in rural areas will put them in before they go out. In the event of rape, they are protected.

arcticwolf
06-28-2014, 08:04 PM
You insensitive pricks! You are lucky women let's you slobber all over them as it is!

If they keep you away long enough you'll stick it in the vacuum cleaner! lol

Ladies, don't give them any sweet ass pussy for a month, and let's see what happens! :laugh:

Han Cholo
06-28-2014, 08:07 PM
I tried one once for the hell of it. The guy said it was like fucking a shower curtain. You can hear the plastic crinkle with each thrust. :picard1:

I definitely wouldn't use one of these as my first line of contraception. They are quite popular and effective in places like rural South Africa. Men often refuse to use condoms and don't like that the women are on birth control. This leads to two things: HIV explosion, and many unwanted pregnancies. The women are usually on the contraceptive injection so that the men don't know they are on something. The condom is chosen by the woman, so she can say "You either take me and the condom, or you don't have me at all". The men are more likely to concede to this than wear a condom himself. It also protects the outer female genitalia and reduces chances of herpes.

Some women in rural areas will put them in before they go out. In the event of rape, they are protected.

Awesome. I would try it once just to laugh for a while. Sure, it won't really be so "arousing" in a sexual manner, but sometimes dumb mundane things like this can make life happier.

Queen B
06-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Use condoms in the early stages of relationship, then go on the pill (if you don't want to get pregnant)
This looks weird and is less effective than the male condom

Kazimiera
06-28-2014, 08:18 PM
Awesome. I would try it once just to laugh for a while. Sure, it won't really be so "arousing" in a sexual manner, but sometimes dumb mundane things like this can make life happier.

That's the reason why I tried it! :lol:

Loki
06-28-2014, 09:32 PM
This type of condom is safer than male ones since it protects the entire vaginal area.

It's even safer not to have any sex at all.

arcticwolf
06-28-2014, 09:39 PM

Boss, are you awakening spiritually? Do you finally see the evil death trap sex really is?

I thought I'll never see the day, but I am witnessing an awakening of an Afrikan mind! :laugh:

Vasconcelos
06-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Not something I think I'd like, but if she wanted to try..why the heck not?

Don Arb
06-28-2014, 09:47 PM
I have no choice since there are not enough big condoms for my size :/

Stefan_Dusan
06-28-2014, 09:49 PM
I have no choice since there are no condoms for my size :/

Just recently India came out with small condoms for people too small for standard condoms. Maybe such brand will come to Macedonia :laugh:

http://blog.sfgate.com/gurley/2010/05/27/indian-men-small-but-effective-penises-and-custom-condoms/

The Illyrian Warrior
06-28-2014, 09:49 PM
I have no choice since there are not enough big condoms for my size :/

Yeah, I think this does the work for your vagina. :D

Xanthias
06-28-2014, 09:53 PM
You had to use example pics ?

Don Arb
06-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Just recently India came out with small condoms for people too small for standard condoms. Maybe such brand will come to Macedonia :laugh:

http://blog.sfgate.com/gurley/2010/05/27/indian-men-small-but-effective-penises-and-custom-condoms/
Im a big dinarid man no chance to have small penis.

Dictator
06-28-2014, 10:03 PM

Agreed :D

Don Arb
06-28-2014, 10:11 PM

it's even safer not to get out from your house.

Kazimiera
06-29-2014, 12:09 PM
You had to use example pics ?

Yes, because most people don't know what it looks like.

Rudel
06-29-2014, 12:14 PM
I'm open minded, but I must confess it would be weird as fuck (sic).

SardiniaAtlantis
06-29-2014, 12:20 PM

I might go to hell for laughing about this...

About a girl wearing a female condom... if she wanted to use it.... Id tell her to go use it elsewhere. That is not for me, I rather wear a normal Condom.

Xanthias
06-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Yes, because most people don't know what it looks like.

Well I merely meant the disgustingness of these pictures, nothing else.

Kazimiera
06-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Well I merely meant the disgustingness of these pictures, nothing else.

I don't understand. :confused:

There are three pictures of the device, and then one diagram of how it is inserted.

Kamal900
06-29-2014, 12:31 PM
I might go to hell for laughing about this...

About a girl wearing a female condom... if she wanted to use it.... Id tell her to go use it elsewhere. That is not for me, I rather wear a normal Condom.

Its really freaky when i first saw it. Uh, ill show this to my girl friend today and ill ask her opinion on it.

(not sure if you've seen her but thats my girl friend):
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?119483-Classify-ths-Palestinian-girl-and-her-family-members

Xanthias
06-29-2014, 12:31 PM
I don't understand. :confused:

There are three pictures of the device, and then one diagram of how it is inserted.

well seeing that thing coming out of the vagina made me just throw up.

cally
06-29-2014, 12:41 PM
NO!

Don Arb
06-29-2014, 12:43 PM
NO!

<3

random
07-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Its really freaky when i first saw it. Uh, ill show this to my girl friend today and ill ask her opinion on it.

(not sure if you've seen her but thats my girl friend):
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?119483-Classify-ths-Palestinian-girl-and-her-family-members

So fucking random :rotfl

Linet
07-03-2014, 09:27 PM
No :nono:
...am i wrong or it really shows that you have to put half your palm in there? :speechless-smiley-0

Dictator
07-03-2014, 09:29 PM
...am i wrong or it really shows that you have to put half your palm in there? :speechless-smiley-0

Wrong. It's only one finger.

Linet
07-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Wrong. It's only one finger.

I see :1099:
...Still no :eusa_eh:

Cleitus
07-03-2014, 09:35 PM
No

Kazimiera
07-03-2014, 09:37 PM

No dear. You use one finger (or two) to shove the entire contraption up there.

Linet
07-03-2014, 09:40 PM
No dear. You use one finger (or two) to shove the entire contraption up there.

well, puting my own finger in there and whats more along with a plastic thing....just the idea feels very strange and wrong to me. At least when the guy use condom i think i still more natural http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/emb/t1810.gif

Kazimiera
07-03-2014, 09:44 PM
well, puting my own finger in there and whats more along with a plastic thing....just the idea feels very strange and wrong to me. At least when the guy use condom i think i still more natural http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/emb/t1810.gif

Did I just understand you right? The idea of putting your finger up your va-jay-jay (either with or without plastic) is strange?? :confused:

Linet
07-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Did I just understand you right? The idea of putting your finger up your va-jay-jay (either with or without plastic) is strange?? :confused:

well yes :icon_ask: , i mean if there was a medical reason i wouldnt go crazy about it, i would do it :noidea: but in general yes, is strange to me :icon_neutral:

Kazimiera
07-03-2014, 09:51 PM
well yes :icon_ask: , i mean if there was a medical reason i wouldnt go crazy about it, i would do it :noidea: but in general yes, is strange to me :icon_neutral:

You don't wear tampons? I'm sorry, but I'm a bit flabbergasted.

Linet
07-03-2014, 09:55 PM
You don't wear tampons? I'm sorry, but I'm a bit flabbergasted.

:lol: ...no, i never even bought or owned any :p ...sorry for the shock Kaz :heh:

armenianbodyhair
07-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Lol no way

Linet
07-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Why no way? :chin:
Whats so special about them? :noidea:

Kazimiera
07-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Maybe I'm of a different mindset, but in my opinion holes are meant to be poked into. Like sticking your fingers as far as they can go into your ears, or sticking your fingers as far down your throat as they can go. To feel what things feel like in there, like uvula and tonsils, what the different tissues feel like. The same goes for other orifices too.

Perhaps it is this fascination of what goes on inside people that led me into the medical field. I like to examine, poke and prod.

Vasconcelos
07-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Maybe I'm of a different mindset, but in my opinion holes are meant to be poked into. Like sticking your fingers as far as they can go into your ears, or sticking your fingers as far down your throat as they can go. To feel what things feel like in there, like uvula and tonsils, what the different tissues feel like. The same goes for other orifices too.

Perhaps it is this fascination of what goes on inside people that led me into the medical field. I like to examine, poke and prod.

And pegging.

Sorry, I had to hahaha

SardiniaAtlantis
07-03-2014, 10:11 PM

You should be one of the first to know how damaging sticking things deep in the ears or down the throat can be, Miss.

Kazimiera
07-03-2014, 10:16 PM
And pegging.

Exactly. No orifice is sacred! :lol:

You should be one of the first to know how damaging sticking things deep in the ears or down the throat can be, Miss.

I was talking about fingers and not objects. Your fingers aren't going to dislodge themselves in your throat. The worst which can happen is that it makes you retch and puke but then you know your own physical limits. It's a good thing to be knowledgeable of what your own body can and cannot do. Never a good thing to prod yourself with objects.

Linet
07-03-2014, 10:17 PM

Well i am still veeeery curious why you had such a surpriced reaction when i said i never used tampon :icon_ask: (so i will ask you in pm in a minute :eyes)

....About the rest, i understand your point and although very curious in general, i was never curious about such things. Also about that spesific area i find it more romantic, nice, unique, natural if only whats meant to go in, goes in http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/emb/t1870.gif

Maleficent
07-03-2014, 10:20 PM
THIS. I've never done it but I imagine the sensation is A LOT less intense, especially since these look very loose compared to the tightness of a male condom.

Loki
07-03-2014, 10:44 PM
And pegging.

Sorry, I had to hahaha

What is pegging?

Linet
07-03-2014, 10:49 PM
What is pegging?

....Embrace yourself for the answer :puppy_dp:

Vasconcelos
07-03-2014, 10:49 PM
What is pegging?

Trust me, you don't want to know.

Hithaeglir
07-03-2014, 10:50 PM
What is pegging?

Strap on fun ;D

SardiniaAtlantis
07-03-2014, 10:50 PM
What is pegging?

It is what the Pedophile Priests go through in Hell if such a place exists.

Kazimiera
07-03-2014, 10:52 PM
What is pegging?

sent you a pm

Vasconcelos
07-03-2014, 10:53 PM
sent you a pm

I bet it's a NSFW gif :yuck:

Kazimiera
07-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Trust me, you don't want to know.

Why not? If approached with enthusiasm and a good sense of humour it can be a very rewarding activity. ;)

Kazimiera
07-03-2014, 10:58 PM
I bet it's a NSFW gif :yuck:

No. It was a link to the thread. :D

Every time you hear of pegging now, do you think of me? :lol:

Vasconcelos
07-03-2014, 11:01 PM
No. It was a link to the thread. :D

Every time you hear of pegging now, do you think of me? :lol:

I don't hear of pegging, fortunety, but on sex-related topics topics that you're involved sometimes that happens :(
What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Maleficent
07-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Some women in rural areas will put them in before they go out. In the event of rape, they are protected.This seems odd to me. I'm interpreting this as the women are accommodating the rapist, not protecting themselves. This is some twisted form of hybrid feminism/sexism IMO.

Plus, if a non-rapist male is freaked out by the thought of female condoms you can bet an actual rapist will be even more freaked out. Rapists are probably so psycho that they will just rip it out of them then continue on with raping her so.....so much for protecting themselves.

oh-nahhh
07-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Well, we're all adults here...

Kazimiera
07-03-2014, 11:16 PM
This seems odd to me. I'm interpreting this as the women are accommodating the rapist, not protecting themselves. This is some twisted form of hybrid feminism/sexism IMO.

Especially in rural areas its a case of either protecting yourself of potential rapists in this way, or ending up with HIV if you don't. There have been many cases where women have begged the rapist to wear a condom once they knew that the rape was inevitable. Remember that you are dealing with Africa and a different mindset. Women are fair game. If he wants a hole to stick it in, and the closest woman is an 80 year old grandmother, then he will rape her and not think twice about it.

In cultures like these the women HAVE to be proactive. If it is inevitable, you might as well protect yourself as much as possible.

Kazimiera
07-03-2014, 11:24 PM
I've read on the internet that many rape victims have tried to dissuade the rapist from raping them by saying they are HIV positive. In the hope that the rapist would be put off by this, and it has probably worked too.

In Africa, unfortunately, if you tell a rapist that you are HIV positive the chances are high that he'll say "Me too!" and go ahead unperturbed.

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 09:37 PM
No, I would never use any kind of contraception, or date/marry someone who used contraception.

Finnish Swede
02-22-2018, 09:44 PM
Women?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xXud4DaGlJoRy/giphy.gif

Crimean
02-22-2018, 09:55 PM
I would have laughed when I saw such a garbage sticking out of a woman.

Crimean
02-22-2018, 09:57 PM
No, I would never use any kind of contraception, or date/marry someone who used contraception.

You're too harsh. I agree with you only about abortions, it's disgusting.

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 10:41 PM
Women?

Finnish Swede probably feels guilty for taking contraception, and takes out her internalized shame on me. SAD!

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 10:42 PM
You're too harsh. I agree with you only about abortions, it's disgusting.

I want a lot of children.

Crimean
02-22-2018, 10:45 PM
I want a lot of children.

Commendable, but difficult to implement.

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 10:49 PM
Commendable, but difficult to implement.

Agreed.

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 11:23 PM
Women?

Finnish Swede has never had a boyfriend. SAD!