PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Florida!

Fenrir
06-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Hello folks, just realized there was an introductions section. I'm an Anglo-American originally from Massachusetts, but now in Florida for college. I have some time to burn and this forum looks like it's within my orbit of interests. My interest in anthropology has only sparked recently as I, shall we say, became interested in some politically incorrect views. Craniology, taxonomic models, that sorta thing.

G'day to all, looking forward to contributing.

Scandalf
06-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Hi there!
Curious, I lived in Mass. and Florida (for a very short time) when I was a kid.

Fenrir
06-30-2014, 04:35 PM
Hi there!
Curious, I lived in Mass. and Florida (for a very short time) when I was a kid.

Thanks! Florida's beaches are perhaps its most redeeming quality. Other than that, I prefer Massachusetts in almost every department.

silver_surfer
06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Hey there, Welcome! :)

Scandalf
06-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks! Florida's beaches are perhaps its most redeeming quality. Other than that, I prefer Massachusetts in almost every department.

I lived near Tampa. I loved the place even though it was a swamp. Will never forget one beach (but I don't remember where it was). I also loved New England. BTW I lived north of Lowell right before the border with New Hampshire. Where are you from?

LightHouse89
06-30-2014, 04:44 PM
I live in Worcester county....I hate it. I grew up here and have always hated it. I like Maine though and New Hampshire.

zhaoyun
06-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Welcome. I just recently visited Miami, the Everglades, Seminole Nation, as well as Key West. Beautiful state with many rich cultures.

Fenrir
06-30-2014, 04:47 PM
I lived near Tampa. I loved the place even though it was a swamp. Will never forget one beach (but I don't remember where it was). I also loved New England. BTW I lived north of Lowell right before the border with New Hampshire. Where are you from?

Tampa has some nice beaches indeed. I'm currently living in Pinellas Park.

I've been to Lowell before when I played HS football (I'm originally from Worcester, Mass). It's in another universe when comparing its lifestyle with Florida's, really. Worlds apart.

Scandalf
06-30-2014, 04:51 PM
I live in Worcester county....I hate it. I grew up here and have always hated it. I like Maine though and New Hampshire.

Yeah, I love New Hampshire too! Have an uncle there. I remember an awesome 4th of July that ended in a hilarious way: 2 cops driving through a street filled with firecrackers!
I miss the States sometimes....

Fenrir
06-30-2014, 04:52 PM
I live in Worcester county....I hate it. I grew up here and have always hated it.

How come? Has a rich history, good demographic breakdown, nice quiet life.

Fenrir
06-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I love New Hampshire too! Have an uncle there. I remember an awesome 4th of July that ended in a hilarious way: 2 cops driving through a street filled with firecrackers!
I miss the States sometimes....

I love the Northeast - skiing, sailing, hockey, that small town feel, great cuisine - I couldn't trade it for anywhere.

Are you back in North Italy now? Whereabouts? I've gotta admit, I couldn't dream of living in Europe, or at least the big cities. I'm sure the Venetian countryside is great though, for example.

LightHouse89
06-30-2014, 05:11 PM
I love the Northeast - skiing, sailing, hockey, that small town feel, great cuisine - I couldn't trade it for anywhere.

Are you back in North Italy now? Whereabouts? I've gotta admit, I couldn't dream of living in Europe, or at least the big cities. I'm sure the Venetian countryside is great though, for example.

Only European countires I would be interested in living in would be like Estonia or Finland, or Austria. They seem to me the most laid out and more like rural North East America. Norway is another one.

Fenrir
06-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Only European countires I would be interested in living in would be like Estonia or Finland, or Austria. They seem to me the most laid out and more like rural North East America. Norway is another one.

Agreed, I like snowy, icy conditions. Those places have great women too!

Ianus
06-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Welcome

Catkin
06-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Hello & welcome :)

cally
06-30-2014, 08:31 PM
:welcome:

Minesweeper
06-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Welcome.