PDA

View Full Version : Classify these Aramaic-speaking syrians

Kamal900
07-03-2014, 12:30 AM
In a remote village nestled in Syrias picturesque Oalamoun mountains, resides a small Aramaic community. It is one of the last and it is devoted to preserving Aramaic: the language that Jesus spoke.

Can you classify them generally?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy38UQ9EQ6o

Its the village of my uncle(my father's half brother paternally), and his mother is from the village. He knows how to speak both Arabic and Aramaic fluently.

My uncle:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?124971-Classify-my-fathe-s-half-brother

Thank you

Yehiel
07-03-2014, 12:38 AM
aramaic is a nice language

Sikeliot
07-03-2014, 12:40 AM
East Med and Armenoid.

Kamal900
07-03-2014, 12:47 AM
aramaic is a nice language

It is dude. My uncle speaks the language quite fluently.

Yehiel
07-03-2014, 12:49 AM
It is dude. My uncle speaks the language quite fluently.

I can read it, but cant really translate it well, it is very close to Hebrew and Kurdish Jews still speak it but they speak Jewish Aramaic.

Kamal900
07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
I can read it, but cant really translate it well, it is very close to Hebrew and Kurdish Jews still speak it but they speak Jewish Aramaic.

Aramaic is a north-west semitic language, and it stands between Arabaic and Hebrew(Canaanite language).

Äijä
07-03-2014, 12:51 AM

Nice to see you back, why where you banned?

Yehiel
07-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Aramaic is a north-west semitic language, and it stands between Arabaic and Hebrew(Canaanite language).

Hebrew is now written in Aramaic script, there are a lot of Jewish text in Aramaic and prayer(s) in Aramaic also

Yehiel
07-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Nice to see you back, why where you banned?

I requested it for reasons

Germaniac
07-03-2014, 01:23 AM
First and foremost, the main phenotypes are East-Med and Armenoid, with a touch of Arabid. As for the place and the people, I shall make one of my life goals to visit this town. I want to hear the language of Christ live. The people seem to be so nice too. The shepherd guy, for example, seems to be a very nice people to be with and chat, and he seems to be a devoted Christian also.

Yehiel
07-03-2014, 01:27 AM
I wonder if this is what ancient Aramaic sounded? this sounds arabic influenced to me

Kamal900
07-03-2014, 01:54 AM
First and foremost, the main phenotypes are East-Med and Armenoid, with a touch of Arabid. As for the place and the people, I shall make one of my life goals to visit this town. I want to hear the language of Christ live. The people seem to be so nice too. The shepherd guy, for example, seems to be a very nice people to be with and chat, and he seems to be a devoted Christian also.

His name is Fadel, and yeah, he's a nice guy. I met him when i was in the town back in 2009 with my family and uncle. The town is pretty peaceful, and the people there spoke the same dialect as Jesus. Its a very old town, which traces back its origin more than 3000 years ago(when the aramean tribes began to migrate in syria).

Kamal900
07-03-2014, 01:55 AM
I wonder if this is what ancient Aramaic sounded? this sounds arabic influenced to me

Not really. Western Aramaic shares many features with Arabic with are purely Semitic, while the eastern Aramaic spoken by Assyrian is more Akkadianized(which is why both populations have great difficulty in understanding to one another).

Yehiel
07-03-2014, 02:05 AM
Not really. Western Aramaic shares many features with Arabic with are purely Semitic, while the eastern Aramaic spoken by Assyrian is more Akkadianized(which is why both populations have great difficulty in understanding to one another).

Me speaking Aramaic.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s01lV17Z2YFz

Kamal900
07-03-2014, 02:07 AM
Me speaking Aramaic.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s01lV17Z2YFz

Are you speaking Judeo-Aramaic? because it does sounds somewhat like Hebrew.

Yehiel
07-03-2014, 02:08 AM
Are you speaking Judeo-Aramaic? because it does sounds somewhat like Hebrew.

Yeah, its from a prayer that is recited in Aramaic

Germaniac
07-03-2014, 02:23 AM
His name is Fadel, and yeah, he's a nice guy. I met him when i was in the town back in 2009 with my family and uncle. The town is pretty peaceful, and the people there spoke the same dialect as Jesus. Its a very old town, which traces back its origin more than 3000 years ago(when the aramean tribes began to migrate in syria).

I'll be sure to try to meet Fadel if I ever go there then. And well, this place is a priority. As a Christian I believe I'll love it there. Oh, being Aramean, I suspect a lot of E-M84 people and J2.

Anglojew
07-03-2014, 02:45 AM

Yes, it sounds like an Arabic accent to me too.

This is a Kurdish Jew speaking Aramaic. Her accent sounds between Hebrew and Arabic to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOPyLa7Uiik

It's interesting Gilgamesh has a family connection. I imagine the villagers are close to ancient phenotypes. I saw Taurid and Assyrid phenotypes (not especially Jewish looking so I think these people were early Syrian converts rather than Christian Judeans unlike the Mandeans who are proto-Christian Judeans).

aherne
07-03-2014, 05:35 AM
East Med mostly, with Alpine and some Semitic. Totally typical for Levantine Syrians. Not very similar to Jews (way too little semitic)...

Smeagol
07-03-2014, 05:44 AM
Semitic mixed with Levantine.

Smeagol
07-03-2014, 05:45 AM
Levantine-Semitic. Levantine is predominant.

LightHouse89
07-09-2014, 12:13 AM
I watched something on this awhile ago. But yes I hear these communities today are under attack. I would say they look Armenoid/East Med/ and some Arabid.