PDA

View Full Version : Same-Sex Marriage - For Or Against

Anglojew
07-04-2014, 02:45 AM
I think the issue of same-sex marriage has huge ramifications for Western society as it pits traditional laws and Judeo-Christian religious traditions against newer concepts of the individual, human and civil rights.

http://www.leftfootforward.org/images/2013/02/Gay-map.gif

Same-sex marriage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage) (also known as gay marriage) is marriage between two people of the same biological sex and/or gender identity. Legal recognition of same-sex marriage or the possibility to perform a same-sex marriage is sometimes referred to as marriage equality or equal marriage, particularly by supporters. The legalization of same-sex marriage is characterized as "redefining marriage" by many opponents

For me it is a battle between Judeo-Christian traditions, previously reflected by law for almost 2,000 years, from;

...342 AD Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans issued a law in the Theodosian Code (C. Th. 9.7.3) prohibiting same-sex marriage in Rome and ordering execution for those so married

The Judeo-Christian concept of marriage stems from biblical passages such as;

Genesis 2:22-24

Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

The biblical passages against homosexuality are clearly defined;

Leviticus 18:22

Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.

Marriage evolved in time to reflect various rights and responsibilities -involving both property and offspring- within a legal framework such as;

A marriage bestows rights and obligations on the married parties, and sometimes on relatives as well, being the sole mechanism for the creation of affinal ties (in-laws). These may include, depending on jurisdiction:

-Giving a husband/wife or his/her family control over a spouse's sexual services, labor, and property.
-Giving a husband/wife responsibility for a spouse's debts.
-Giving a husband/wife visitation rights when his/her spouse is incarcerated or hospitalized.
-Giving a husband/wife control over his/her spouse's affairs when the spouse is incapacitated.
-Establishing the second legal guardian of a parent's child.
-Establishing a joint fund of property for the benefit of children.
-Establishing a relationship between the families of the spouses.

Edmund Leach defined marriage in terms of;

- To establish a legal father of a woman's children.
-To establish a legal mother of a man's children.
-To give the husband a monopoly in the wife's sexuality.
-To give the wife a monopoly in the husband's sexuality.
-To give the husband partial or monopolistic rights to the wife's domestic and other labour services.
-To give the wife partial or monopolistic rights to the husband's domestic and other labour services.
-To give the husband partial or total over property belonging or potentially accruing to the wife.
-To give the wife partial or total over property belonging or potentially accruing to the husband.
-To establish a joint fund of property – a partnership – for the benefit of the children of the marriage.
-To establish a socially significant 'relationship of affinity' between the husband and his wife's brothers."

In our modern Western societies traditional taboos against homosexuality have been largely overturned due to changes civil and human rights laws yet this is not yet reflected in religious reform (and may never be) by the Catholic Church and other major religious denominations in the West for instance;

This remains the current view of Orthodox Judaism, but not of Reconstructionist Judaism, Reform Judaism and Conservative Judaism, which started changing its position to same-sex unions in 2006

Now though, especially in some US States, we have an ironic situation whereby those who oppose homosexual marriage for religious reasons find themselves the ones persecuted such as the infamous case early this year when the Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich was esentially forced to resign (http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/mozilla-ceo-steps-down-amid-anti-gay-furor-1201152360/) for his opposition to "Gay" marriage.

So what are your thoughts?

Are you for or against same-sex marriage?

Dictator
07-04-2014, 02:49 AM
Only Civil marriage. Forcing churches to do same-sex religious marriages is something that I won't tolerate.

zhaoyun
07-04-2014, 02:53 AM
My stance is

Not my fucking business

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:00 AM
I oppose all forms of lust and sexual perversion, let alone a mockery of the Holy Matrimony.

Harley
07-04-2014, 03:01 AM
What makes it anyone's right to legally impose on another's lifestyle?

Yes, that goes both ways, with keeping gay people from marrying each other and forcing those who oppose gay marriage to marry them.

Force is not the answer :-/.

Don't know about anyone else, but the more someone tries to force me to do something, the more stubborn I become. Forcing anyone to do something they don't want to do will only justify a possibly more close minded belief that they're committing the right action.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:03 AM
Only Civil marriage.

How dare you call yourself a Catholic. Burn in hell you vile, perverted pig.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:04 AM
My stance is

Not my fucking business

Individualism is heresy. Even the CPC knows that.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:05 AM
What makes it anyone's right to legally impose on another's lifestyle?

Yes, that goes both ways, with keeping gay people from marrying each other and forcing those who oppose gay marriage to marry them.

Force is not the answer :-/.

Don't know about anyone else, but the more someone tries to force me to do something, the more stubborn I become. Forcing anyone to do something they don't want to do will only justify a possibly more close minded belief that they're committing the right action.

Another degenerate subhuman. Go down to hell where you belong.

Harley
07-04-2014, 03:09 AM
Another degenerate subhuman. Go down to hell where you belong.

You broke my thumbs down cherry.

That means you have to marry me now to keep us both from going down to your imaginary hell.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:11 AM
You broke my thumbs down cherry.

That means you have to marry me now to keep us both from going down to your imaginary hell.

I'd rather do something else to you, the marriage won't be necessary at all...

Hayalet
07-04-2014, 03:13 AM
Against. Marriage is a function of sexual reproduction. Same-sex couples, as a rule, cannot produce offsprings; so there is no need to consider their union marriage.

Dictator
How dare you call yourself a Catholic. Burn in hell you vile, perverted pig.

Civil marriage should not even be called a marriage in the first place, marriage is a holy thing not a piece of paper. They can have this piece of paper for all I care, just stay away from the altar, a holy place, please.

ChocolateFace
Every person in society must be responsible for the future of society. If a guy robs a bank, it is the business of good citizens to punish this guy so the future can be peaceful. It should also be everyone business to disapprove of homosexuality for the sake of the future.

Harley
07-04-2014, 03:14 AM
I'd rather do something else to you, the marriage won't be necessary at all...

You're moving too fast for me. I'd rather you explain your stance on OP without condemning me to your hell first.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:15 AM
Civil marriage should not even be called a marriage in the first place, marriage is a holy thing not a piece of paper. They can have this piece of paper for all I care, just stay away from the altar, a holy place, please.

So you believe in the heresy of the separation of Church and State?

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:16 AM
Against. Marriage is a function of sexual reproduction. Same-sex couples, as a rule, cannot produce offsprings; so there is no need to consider their union marriage.

And you support fag "unions"?

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:17 AM
It should also be everyone business to disapprove of homosexuality for the sake of the future.

And present.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
I don't like homosexuality (excluding bi girls) but I could careless. I am not really against or for it.

Harley

For all those people that reproduce without getting married? A function of sexual reproduction is not marriage; people are reproducing just fine without marriage.

Marriage is a partnership. Having offspring is just a plus of a man-woman partnership.

Dictator
07-04-2014, 03:18 AM
So you believe in the heresy of the separation of Church and State?

Yes I do, and it's not heretic lol.

Yaroslav
You're moving too fast for me. I'd rather you explain your stance on OP without condemning me to your hell first.

My stances are unequivocal, I suggest you repent instead of engaging in your farcical commentaries. Life is short.

Amud
I'm ambivalent, as it has no effect on my life. Nothing against gays, but I really couldn't care less whether or not they are allowed to marry. However, I'll go with being opposed to it, just because I'm sick of everybody acting like it's some major issue and I enjoy pissing off those types of people. The government loves to harp about non-issues like gay marriage and marijuana, letting the people vote on it and so on, letting us pretend we're sitting at the grown-up table. The purpose is twofold: It lets the people feel like they have some say in what's going on, and it distracts them from the important issues that they want to keep hushed up, like the NSA and foreign policy.

Also, I'm absolutely disgusted by some practices of the LGBT community, such as public demonstrations where they walk around naked on the street, or wearing suits made of dildos, or the whole bugcatching thing. Not all gays are guilty of this, but I shouldn't have to accept those who are. Anyone who engages in this behavior should absolutely not be given any kind of government benefits, including those afforded by marriage.

Harley
07-04-2014, 03:19 AM
Every person in society must be responsible for the future of society. If a guy robs a bank, it is the business of good citizens to punish this guy so the future can be peaceful. It should also be everyone business to disapprove of homosexuality for the sake of the future.
Can you explain what you mean by sake of the future?

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:20 AM
Yes I do, and it's not heretic lol.

You accept Vatican II then? What a clown. Repent, I say this with greatest concern and love for you.

Hayalet
07-04-2014, 03:20 AM
And you support fag "unions"?
Are you talking about so-called civil unions? If so, no, I don't support any government recognition or subsidization of homosexual couples.

Óttar
07-04-2014, 03:21 AM
42 AD Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans issued a law in the Theodosian Code (C. Th. 9.7.3) prohibiting same-sex marriage in Rome and ordering execution for those so married

Theodosius can suck my nut-sack. The passage above proves that such a thing as same-sex marriage existed despite their lack of recognition.

Harley
My stances are unequivocal, I suggest you repent instead of engaging in your farcical commentaries. Life is short.

You're right; life is short. Why would you spend what life you have investing fear and anxiety in your responses?

Yaroslav
Can you explain what you mean by sake of the future?

The Last Judgement.

Dictator
07-04-2014, 03:22 AM
You accept Vatican II then? What a clown. Repent, I say this with greatest concern and love for you.

Ok, I was wrong. I repent. We should ostracize homosexuals. :(

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:22 AM
Theodosius can suck my nut-sack. The passage above proves that such a thing as same-sex marriage existed despite their lack of recognition.

St. Theodosius would cut your nut-sack off and your tongue for your vile railing.

Hayalet
07-04-2014, 03:23 AM
For all those people that reproduce without getting married?
What about them?

A function of sexual reproduction is not marriage; people are reproducing just fine without marriage.
If there were no sexual reproduction, we wouldn't have the concept of marriage. That's what I meant.

Marriage is a partnership. Having offspring is just a plus of a man-woman partnership.
Nonsense. Sexual reproduction is millions of years older than the notion of marriage.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:24 AM
You're right; life is short. Why would you spend what life you have investing fear and anxiety in your responses?

Because after life is either eternal life or eternal torture.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:25 AM
Ok, I was wrong. I repent. We should ostracize homosexuals. :(

You must abjure from the Vatican II Church and become Catholic for God to accept your repentance. Study the site in my sig for details.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:26 AM
Nonsense. Sexual reproduction is millions of years older than the notion of marriage.

Heresy. 6000 years old.

Hayalet
07-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Heresy. 6000 years old.
I'm becoming convinced that you are actually a parody account.

Dictator
07-04-2014, 03:29 AM
You must abjure from the Vatican II Church and become Catholic for God to accept your repentance. Study the site in my sig for details.

Thanks!

Yaroslav
I'm becoming convinced that you are actually a parody account.

http://www.johnthebaptist.us/jbw_english/documents/menus/menu_conspiracies_evolution.htm

Harley
What about them?

Your post lists marriage as a function of sexual reproduction. The two are not mutually exclusive.

It is not a prerequisite for marriage to be able to bear children.

Harley
07-04-2014, 03:30 AM
Because after life is either eternal life or eternal torture.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:32 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Pics of you exiting your mother's womb or it didn't happen. Demented whore.

Harley
07-04-2014, 03:35 AM
What about them?

If there were no sexual reproduction, we wouldn't have the concept of marriage. That's what I meant.

What is your idea of marriage like, aside from not same gender marrying?

Harley
07-04-2014, 03:36 AM
Pics of you exiting your mother's womb or it didn't happen. Demented whore.

You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:38 AM
You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

I'll show you my AK.

Hayalet
07-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Your post lists marriage as a function of sexual reproduction. The two are not mutually exclusive.

It is not a prerequisite for marriage to be able to bear children.
That's not what I said at all. I said that sexual reproduction is what makes marriage, marriage.

In The History of Human Marriage (1922), Edvard Westermarck defined marriage as "a more or less durable connection between male and female lasting beyond the mere act of propagation till after the birth of the offspring."

The anthropological handbook Notes and Queries (1951) defined marriage as "a union between a man and a woman such that children born to the woman are the recognized legitimate offspring of both partners."

Harley
07-04-2014, 03:44 AM
I'll show you my AK.
Not interested in your "AK" or going down on your "hell" or whatever else you're inviting me to check out.

Hayalet
07-04-2014, 03:44 AM
What is your idea of marriage like, aside from not same gender marrying?
Never mind my idea, read what anthropologists say. Homosexuality has been present in all cultures, yet it didn't occur to anyone prior to the 20th century to consider homosexual couples married, as the very notion of marriage is inherently related to a prospect of offsprings.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 03:45 AM
Not interested in your "AK" or going down on your "hell" or whatever else you're inviting me to check out.

Your sinful will is irrelevant here.

portusaus
07-04-2014, 03:49 AM
Ugh, no fucking way, this is not a question but a fool test.

Anglojew
07-04-2014, 05:22 AM
Only Civil marriage. Forcing churches to do same-sex religious marriages is something that I won't tolerate.

I agree, I'd just call it Same-sex civil union and be done with the issue all together.

Mortimer
07-04-2014, 05:30 AM
Anglo-Jew what is the opinion of your rabbi and synagogue you go to? Do they bless same-sex couples in their temple and if so how does that fit with judaism etc. in leviticus same sex is a sin the torah calls it abomination

Leviticus 20:13.
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
King James Bible, Cambridge Edition

Also what is your opinion on it Anglo-Jew, i mean your personal? My opinion is that they can have civil unions from state but that priests/rabbis etc. shouldnt be forced to "bless" their lifestyle or "wed" them in church. i vote oppossed to same sex marriage

1stLightHorse
07-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Against fag marriage.

Kemalisté
07-04-2014, 11:41 AM
What happens between adults is nobody's business.

Kemalisté
07-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Against fag marriage.

Looking at your avatar; if I were your parent I wouldn't pat you without gloves.

Borna
07-04-2014, 11:47 AM
If that means they can adopt kids and educate and grow them according to their sick and wretched beliefs, hell no! If they fight for equality then go make your own kids,oh wait...

1stLightHorse
07-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Looking at your avatar; if I were your parent I wouldn't pat you without gloves.

Couldn't handle my opposition to fag marriage, so you resorted to a unoriginal personal insult??

If if were your parents, i would've killed you at birth and thrown your lifeless body to the kangals you worthless son of an anatolian whore.

Next time kindly shut the fuck up or stay on topic.

Kemalisté
07-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Couldn't handle my opposition to fag marriage, so you resorted to a unoriginal personal insult??

If if were your parents, i would've killed you at birth and thrown your lifeless body to the kangals you worthless son of an anatolian whore.

Next time kindly shut the fuck up or stay on topic.

Oh come on, that was quite original, bet you never heard of that in all your life.

Plus it's totally ok to my standards to insult an individual who insults a large group of people.

Selurong
07-04-2014, 11:55 AM
I oppose it. Marriage is holy and between man and woman and the institution developed for inheritance and genealogy purposes.

Can a gay couple produce a blood child?

No. Thus, letting them marry; annuls the reason why marriage was there in the first place.

But gays can go have civil unions and whatever.

Kiyant
Not my business i only think that they shouldnt be allowed to adopt kids but they can marry if they want not like they suddenly become straight from banning them to marry.

Gaston
I am for equality. But I don't like the concept of marriage to begin with.

Civil Unions with the same rights and advantages of marriage (taxes, inheritance, children, adoption...) is the only non-hypocrite way IMO.

Selurong
07-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Oh come on, that was quite original, bet you never heard of that in all your life.

Plus it's totally ok to my standards to insult an individual who insults a large group of people.

Kemaliste why did you thumb me down? Do you know that I have a friend who is gay? And I am not insensitive to their plight!

However, it's very simple and scientific, Kemal.

Marriage was created so that people can track down genealogy and unite different families through a mingling of blood-lines.

And what sort of blood-line mingling is there between gays and lesbians? None. So what's the point of letting them marry?

I already cut you guys some slack by recognizing your right to form "civil-unions", but the reasons over why you should not get married is simply a scientific biological fact.

Hithaeglir
07-04-2014, 12:15 PM
For.I wonder why we are still talking about this in the 21st century.Let people marry who they want for god's sake.

wvwvw
07-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Against.

rhiannon
07-04-2014, 12:35 PM
They don't bother me in the slightest. It's not my business to dictate the "business" of others.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 06:38 PM
I agree, I'd just call it Same-sex civil union and be done with the issue all together.

"If an ish also lie with zachar, as he lieth with an isha, both of them have committed to’evah; they shall surely be put to death; their dahm shall be upon them."

Vayikra 20:13

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 07:34 PM
I oppose it. Marriage is holy and between man and woman and the institution developed for inheritance and genealogy purposes.

Can a gay couple produce a blood child?

No. Thus, letting them marry; annuls the reason why marriage was there in the first place.

But gays can go have civil unions and whatever.

Another sick freak scandalizing the Church.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 07:35 PM
For.I wonder why we are still talking about this in the 21st century.Let people marry who they want for god's sake.

Satan's sake.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 07:36 PM
They don't bother me in the slightest. It's not my business to dictate the "business" of others.

Yes it is your business. If you don't condemn sin or denounce sinners you share fully in their guilt by omission.

Herr Abubu
07-04-2014, 07:41 PM
There is no such thing as same-sex marriage. The only reason it's pushed as much as it is is to destroy marriage.

Masha Gessen, LGBT activist and journalist: “It’s a no-brainer that (homosexual activists) should have the right to marry, but I also think equally that it’s a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist. …(F)ighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we are going to do with marriage when we get there — because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie.

The institution of marriage is going to change, and it should change. And again, I don’t think it should exist. And I don’t like taking part in creating fictions about my life. That’s sort of not what I had in mind when I came out thirty years ago.

I have three kids who have five parents, more or less, and I don’t see why they shouldn’t have five parents legally… I met my new partner, and she had just had a baby, and that baby’s biological father is my brother, and my daughter’s biological father is a man who lives in Russia, and my adopted son also considers him his father. So the five parents break down into two groups of three… And really, I would like to live in a legal system that is capable of reflecting that reality, and I don’t think that’s compatible with the institution of marriage.”

Leadchucker
07-04-2014, 08:09 PM

X2

armenianbodyhair
07-04-2014, 08:16 PM
There is no such thing as same-sex marriage. The only reason it's pushed as much as it is is to destroy marriage.

Masha Gessen, LGBT activist and journalist: “It’s a no-brainer that (homosexual activists) should have the right to marry, but I also think equally that it’s a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist. …(F)ighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we are going to do with marriage when we get there — because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie.

The institution of marriage is going to change, and it should change. And again, I don’t think it should exist. And I don’t like taking part in creating fictions about my life. That’s sort of not what I had in mind when I came out thirty years ago.

I have three kids who have five parents, more or less, and I don’t see why they shouldn’t have five parents legally… I met my new partner, and she had just had a baby, and that baby’s biological father is my brother, and my daughter’s biological father is a man who lives in Russia, and my adopted son also considers him his father. So the five parents break down into two groups of three… And really, I would like to live in a legal system that is capable of reflecting that reality, and I don’t think that’s compatible with the institution of marriage.”
I don't think all Albanians think the exact same way, why do you assume all lgbt activists think the exact same way?

Archduke
07-04-2014, 08:46 PM
For!

Anyone who is against should think a bit more about life. Why should we live according to some shitty norms? I bet that all those stupid people who mess up God here do not know where is the church in their town.

People are very tiny creatures and so irrelevant compared to the universe that things such as this shouldnt be a problem at all.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 09:54 PM

http://www.tomatobubble.com/masha_gessen.html

chestbrah
07-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Against

Luovatus
07-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Go for it, of course :love0031:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/a3/a39c1c66c2e4c441856c80f33e931a202a569a26b415b45af3 af9410d36abb8e.jpg

Germaniac
07-04-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm against, as a Christian and as a traditionalist. Marriage is first and foremost a religious institution, only recently high jacked by the State. Therefore, it is meant to be the union of opposite sexes, as per religion. I do not hate gays or anything, as I've learned to love the sinner, but hate the sin. However, I oppose the LGBT movement and I oppose both same sex marriage and adoption of children by homosexuals. God has established the family as husband, wife and children (biological or adopted). There's no space for homosexuality in God's plan.

TheBlondeSalad
07-04-2014, 10:13 PM
To be fair, I myself am entirely apathetic towards it. With civil partnerships, I don't think that marriage is needed for equality, but if gay couples want to call themselves married I see no reason to stop them.

I voted 'I support same-sex marriage' anyway.

SardiniaAtlantis
07-04-2014, 10:15 PM
To be fair, I myself am entirely apathetic towards it. With civil partnerships, I don't think that marriage is needed for equality, but if gay couples want to call themselves married I see no reason to stop them.

I voted 'I support same-sex marriage' anyway.

Did you know Marriage is the leading cause of divorce?

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 10:17 PM
So, if God does not approve of homosexuality, and he/she created all of reality, why does homosexuality exist if he is against it? Didn't he think it through? Like dinosaur bones are they here to test our faith?
Any heavy duty thinker can explain this convoluted shit to us dumb shits? :laugh:

Colonel Frank Grimes
07-04-2014, 10:19 PM

Masha Gessen, LGBT activist and journalist: “[I]It’s a no-brainer that (homosexual activists) should have the right to marry, but I also think equally that it’s a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist. …(F)ighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we are going to do with marriage when we get there — because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie.

Masha Gessen... sounds kind of... you know... one of those people.

Look into its eyes.
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1307577/thumbs/h-MASHA-GESSEN-RUSSIA-GAY-ACTIVIST-348x516.jpg

I have three kids who have five parents, more or less, and I don’t see why they shouldn’t have five parents legally… I met my new partner, and she had just had a baby, and that baby’s biological father is my brother, and my daughter’s biological father is a man who lives in Russia, and my adopted son also considers him his father. So the five parents break down into two groups of three… And really, I would like to live in a legal system that is capable of reflecting that reality, and I don’t think that’s compatible with the institution of marriage

I'm confused by what I just read. Anyway, how does a biological parent make decisions for the child when there are so many other "parents" involved? Is it done democratically by a show of hands?

Vasconcelos
07-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Yaroslav and his personal Crusade against penis sparring.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 10:21 PM
So, if God does not approve of homosexuality, and he/she created all of reality, why does homosexuality exist if he is against it? Didn't he think it through? Like dinosaur bones are they here to test our faith?
Any heavy duty thinker can explain this convoluted shit to us dumb shits? :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

Typical bullshit atheist arguments. The answer is in two words: free will.

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 10:31 PM

Aha, Jaroslaw, how can evil exist without the designer of reality allowing it?
He/she is the keeper of all the doors and gates, he's got all the keys, nothing can exist outside or despite of the designer. Just allowing the possibility and the consequences of that passive attitude is incomprehensible. With one effortless swipe of the devine designer's pen, all evil could have been extinguished. Jaroslaw why hasn't this been done?

How do you make it all work in your head? I'm puzzled at your superior reasoning. :laugh:

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Aha, Jaroslaw, how can evil exist without the designer of reality allowing it?
He/she is the keeper of all the doors and gates, he's got all the keys, nothing can exist outside or despite of the designer. Just allowing the possibility and the consequences of that passive attitude is incomprehensible. With one effortless swipe of the devine designer's pen, all evil could have been extinguished. Jaroslaw why hasn't this been done?

How do you make it all wotk in your head? I'm puzzled at your superior reasoning. :laugh:

He allows it to happen to test the elect in this world and to show His justice by torturing impenitent sinners for all eternity to bring the fear of God upon everyone. But He lets everyone repent, He sacrificed Himself on the Holy Cross for everyone, but few take advantage of His mercy.

Leadchucker
07-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Yaroslav and his personal Crusade against penis sparring.

No, It's Yarolslav and his personal campaign of hate and kill all who don't think like him. I have two words for haters...fuck you.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 10:42 PM
No, It's Yarolslav and his personal campaign of love and save all who don't think like him. I have two words for haters...fuck you.

Fixed.

Luovatus
07-04-2014, 10:47 PM

lol

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 10:49 PM
He allows it to happen to test the elect in this world and to show His justice by torturing impenitent sinners for all eternity to bring the fear of God upon everyone. But He lets everyone repent, He sacrificed Himself on the Holy Cross for everyone, but few take advantage of His mercy.

That's fabulous, but, but why would perfect, omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent supreme reality need to create anything, when there was nothing but peace, and perfection? What was the reason, that suddenly out of the blue, about 6000 years ago, as you said the supreme reality got in the creative mood? How can perfection be missing, needing, wanting anything?

I ain't as smart as you are so give it to me straight, and in plain English. :rolleyes:

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 10:52 PM
That's fabulous, but, but why would perfect, omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent supreme reality need to create anything, when there was nothing but peace, and perfection? What was the reason, that suddenly out of the blue, about 6000 years ago, as you said the supreme reality got in creative mood? How can perfection be missing, needing, wanting anything?

I ain't as smart as you are so give it to me straight, and in plain English. :rolleyes:

He did it not out of necessity or urge, but to share His love with others. Similar to people getting pets.

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 10:53 PM
No, It's Yarolslav and his personal campaign of hate and kill all who don't think like him. I have two words for haters...fuck you.

I think you are too old to:

1 fall for trolling
2 get personal and emotional in the ether.

:P

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 10:57 PM
I think you are too old to:

1 fall for trolling
2 get personal and emotional in the ether.

:P

Ty kurwa masz Skype? Bedziesz mi mowil ze ja jestem trollem... Jestes pider stary.

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 11:02 PM

Jaroslaw I ain't atheist far from it! Secondly, free will explains not the existence of evil! :laugh:

The designer would have to allow evil for it to be even possible. Nothing comes from another source.

You can do better, can't you? :P

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Jaroslaw I ain't atheist far from it! Secondly, free will explains not the existence of evil! :laugh:

The designer would have to allow evil for it to be even possible. Nothing comes from another source.

You can do better, can't you? :P

And He does allow it.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?132257-Same-Sex-Marriage-For-Or-Against&p=2785660&viewfull=1#post2785660

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 11:04 PM
He did it not out of necessity or urge, but to share His love with others. Similar to people getting pets.

LOL

That's it? That's the reason?

Out of love? You must be shitting me! :laugh:

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 11:06 PM
LOL

That's it? That's the reason?

Out of love? You must be shitting me! :laugh:

It's a much better reason than randomness like atheists believe. Or some retarded shit Buddhists and other pagans believe.

"He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." 1 John 4:8

Leadchucker
07-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Fixed. No it's not. You're still an asshole.

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 11:12 PM
No it's not. You're still an asshole.

Presbyterianism, a sect of Calvinism, is full of hate. Unlike Catholics, you believe God is the author of sin and sends people to Hell arbitrarily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconditional_election

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 11:17 PM
It's a much better reason than randomness like atheists believe. Or some retarded shit Buddhists and other pagans believe.

"He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." 1 John 4:8

Jaroslaw, being highly spiritual being you undoubtedly are, I would expect you to at least know that Buddhist does not employ, or relies on faith at all.

I really enjoy this deep and enlightening discussion we are having, unfortunately I have another exciting activity I must attend to, namely to rearrange my sock drawer! :laugh:

I get it Jaroslaw "God works in mysterious ways" :thumb001:

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Jaroslaw, being highly spiritual being you undoubtedly are, I would expect you to at least know that Buddhist does not employ, or relies on faith at all.

I really enjoy this deep and enlightening discussion we are having, unfortunately I have another exciting activity I must attend to, namely to rearrange my sock drawer! :laugh:

I get it Jaroslaw "God works in mysterious ways" :thumb001:

Mieszko Pierwszy would kill you.

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 11:24 PM

Mieszko, was a Pagan, my middle name is Mieszko you dummy! :laugh:

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Mieszko, was a Pagan, my middle name is Mieszko you dummy! :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mieszko_I_of_Poland

Mieszko I's marriage in 965 to the Czech Přemyslid princess Dobrawa and his baptism in 966 put him and his country in the cultural sphere of Western Christianity.

Your history knowledge baffles me.

Veneda
07-04-2014, 11:28 PM

Mieszko Pierwszy was half pagan and he acted like this :)

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Mieszko Pierwszy was half pagan and he acted like this :)

Liar.

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 11:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mieszko_I_of_Poland

Mieszko I's marriage in 965 to the Czech Přemyslid princess Dobrawa and his baptism in 966 put him and his country in the cultural sphere of Western Christianity.

Your history knowledge baffles me.

It was a political move. He was pagan. Perun rules! :thumb001:

Yaroslav
07-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Anyway, I'm out from this odious thread. Won't reply to foolish comments anymore, everyone can read my posts here.

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Anyway, I'm out from this odious thread. Won't reply to foolish comments anymore, everyone can read my posts here.

Leaving so soon, the night is still young!

What kind of a Slav are you anyway, worshiping some alien deity? Perun is not pleased! :laugh:

Siberian Cold Breeze
07-04-2014, 11:39 PM
I was opposing, but now I am for it
Because my guide spirits say Rasputin will reincarnate and marry Yaroslav in his next life .I don't want to be on their way :fpope:

Veneda
07-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Liar.

Really? He used swastika in his coin and it is depicted in modern Polish 20 zloty banknote :)

http://www.katalogmonet.pl/images/historia_mennictwa/mieszko-i.png

http://s7.postimg.org/b7n5e5kqj/baknkmiesz.jpg

Dictator
07-04-2014, 11:50 PM
I think Yaroslav is trolling, no one is that retarded srsly.

arcticwolf
07-04-2014, 11:52 PM
Really? He used swastika in his coin and it is depicted in modern Polish 20 zloty banknote :)

http://www.katalogmonet.pl/images/historia_mennictwa/mieszko-i.png

http://s7.postimg.org/b7n5e5kqj/baknkmiesz.jpg

He stole it from the Nazis, they invented it! :laugh: Pitiful, they used old Aryan/Slavic symbol. Ironic isn't it?

Veneda
07-04-2014, 11:58 PM
He stole it from the Nazis, they invented it! :laugh: Pitiful, they used old Aryan/Slavic symbol. Ironic isn't it?

Don't think Nazis existed before 9 CE when he lived :) :D

arcticwolf
07-05-2014, 12:00 AM
Don't think Nazis existed before 9 CE when he lived :) :D

Just wait, some genius will chime in, and prove you wrong! :thumb001:

rhiannon
07-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Yes it is your business. If you don't condemn sin or denounce sinners you share fully in their guilt by omission.
I disagree :)

rhiannon
07-08-2014, 08:24 AM

Best response in the whole thread:laugh:

Hong Key
07-08-2014, 08:50 AM
If I can not see, hear or smell your homoness then I do not really care much what people do behind closed doors or in closets. I think it is absolutely gross (shitty cock) butt whatever although the ones in flames irritate the hell out of me. The problem for me is not the homo but the homo agenda which is a component of White genocide. Until the intentional destruction of the White family stops I can not support homo marriage. If the promotion of healthy Whites family's becomes the norm then we can at least talk about it rationally, until then No homo no.

Tarantia
07-08-2014, 08:55 AM
For or against, why the hell would it matter. Its none of my business interfering with gay peoples lifes. Whats the problem? Screw Christianity and that shit, its just fucked up stories anyway. If gay people wanna be gay and get married I say good for them!

Anthropos
01-10-2015, 02:17 PM
SSM legalised in Finland:

http://www.finlandtimes.fi/national/2014/11/29/12034/Parliament-approves-same-sex-marriage

Instinct
01-10-2015, 02:33 PM
I dont mind

finþaų
01-10-2015, 02:35 PM
No need to call it marriage.

Darth Revan
01-13-2015, 02:51 AM
For, in those societies that are an obstacle to me and need to be weakened and crushed.
Against, in those I need healthy and strong enough to be efficient.

Longbowman
01-13-2015, 03:12 AM
Metal impressed me in this thread. Yaroslav reminded me of why I don't miss Yaroslav and why I'm not an ardent Catholic or any other religion. What's the opposite of a cultural ambassador?

Anyhow, gay marriage is great.

NSXD60
01-13-2015, 03:28 AM
Yes, they can, and they do what they want in private, but do I have to constantly be reminded by Neal Patrick Harris and Matt Bomer about their "husband". Every time I see one of these in a love scene with a woman, all I can think is that that person, my girl, that you are locking lips with is a fudge-packer. Yuck! Yes, I know some will say that it's better out in the open where women know what they are getting into in case of disease, but the damned proselytizing causes me to switch channels more and more lately.

Longbowman
01-13-2015, 03:53 AM
Yes, they can, and they do what they want in private, but do I have to constantly be reminded by Neal Patrick Harris and Matt Bomer about their "husband". Every time I see one of these in a love scene with a woman, all I can think is that that person, my girl, that you are locking lips with is a fudge-packer. Yuck! Yes, I know some will say that it's better out in the open where women know what they are getting into in case of disease, but the damned proselytizing causes me to switch channels more and more lately.

Your girl? Possessive over people you've never met? Ignore celebrity culture, it's just there to occupy the hoi polloi.

silverbell
01-13-2015, 04:26 AM
Gays AND LESBIANS (notice I tried to exaggerate lesbians) are both disgusting!

silverbell
01-13-2015, 05:28 AM
Interesting how more than 60% of the people voted AGAINST gay marriage, but the loudest people taking filthy homosexuals side :rolleyes:

People with good morals, express your feelings! Preach how gay marriage is disgusting, please! Why do we have to surpress ourselves and let the liberals take over (kinda like the media!!)

Longbowman
01-13-2015, 11:27 AM
Interesting how more than 60% of the people voted AGAINST gay marriage, but the loudest people taking filthy homosexuals side :rolleyes:

People with good morals, express your feelings! Preach how gay marriage is disgusting, please! Why do we have to surpress ourselves and let the liberals take over (kinda like the media!!)

The loudest person was clearly Yaroslav, actually.

alfieb
01-13-2015, 11:40 AM
My view is a bit more complicated than a simple yes/no.

I believe that it should be decided by local jurisdictions rather than at the national level. But on the national level I do not support gay marriage, so I will vote "no".

I have the same view on abortion rights and other controversial social issues. Let the voters decide, at the community level.

Methmatician
01-13-2015, 11:55 AM
I support same-sex marriage. It doesn't make sense to me that we should restrict the rights of others because a book written thousands of years said so.

Dandelion
01-13-2015, 11:59 AM
What's with the anonymous polls? :p

Drakoblare
01-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Homosexuallity is a perversion, by making the marriege legal you are accepting it and thus degenerating society.

Anthropos
01-13-2015, 12:42 PM
In my opinion, civil marriage is the state's blessing of a union. It's the state saying something like: "We are with you and we are enacting this union. We support, celebrate and elevate your union." It is much more than the acceptance and legal status of homosexuality.

Bure
01-13-2015, 12:50 PM
against

Balmung
01-13-2015, 01:23 PM
I dislike the vast majority of homosexuals, but I don't think marriage is as damaging to society as the attempts by the mainstream to annihilate and deface the concept of gender. During that Alcorn situation it really grinded my gears that people were cursing out the parents and comparing them to satan for calling their son a boy. That most definately has an effect on society. Marriage imo is something more personal, I say let them.

Gabi
01-13-2015, 01:37 PM
Definitely against same-sex marriage.