PDA

View Full Version : Buddhist Section

arcticwolf
07-13-2014, 10:48 PM
I find it ironic that all the primitive religions/pseudo religions/cults have their own section, but the most spiritual, enlightening, and beneficial namely Buddhism does not.

Why is that?

It's a pain in the ass to wade through all the nonsensical threads to find a Buddhist thread.

So how about it?

Vote for justice! :thumb001:

arcticwolf
07-14-2014, 12:36 AM
Bumping it.

Boss you should be sympathetic, we are as close to being full on atheist, as spiritual being can get! :thumb001:

arcticwolf
07-14-2014, 01:39 AM
Bumping it again. We have growing population of people interested in Buddhism.

It is in everyone's best interest to support people's drive to wisdom! :thumb001:

Let make it easier for people to grow to their full potential.

I am not gonna say this will improve your karma, as dharma protects and supports those who seek it. Just saying! :P

Loki
07-14-2014, 02:43 AM
Done! :)

Now, if you ask Kazimiera nicely, she will move all Buddhism-related topics to the new section. She likes doing that :)

arcticwolf
07-14-2014, 02:54 AM
Done! :)

Now, if you ask Kazimiea nicely, she will move all Buddhism-related topics to the new section. She likes doing tht :)

Thank you sir! You are the man! :thumb001:

Will ask Kazi, she is my sis, so it should be easy, maybe. :P

arcticwolf
07-14-2014, 02:57 AM
That was quick! lol

Some things do come easy. My karma is good! :laugh:

LightHouse89
07-14-2014, 03:04 AM
I find it ironic that all the primitive religions/pseudo religions/cults have their own section, but the most spiritual, enlightening, and beneficial namely Buddhism does not.

Why is that?

It's a pain in the ass to wade through all the nonsensical threads to find a Buddhist thread.

So how about it?

Vote for justice! :thumb001:

I disagree. Asian religion....but the only one that is not absurd and insane like Christianity, Islam and Judaism. I prefer my people's true religion. But I do not hate Buddhists.

LightHouse89
07-14-2014, 03:06 AM
Bumping it.

Boss you should be sympathetic, we are as close to being full on atheist, as spiritual being can get! :thumb001:

some Buddhist teachings are interesting. I find them to be more ethical than abrahmists who worship and glorify unnecessary violence. I believe violence is only necessary sometimes....so long as the cause is a Noble one.

arcticwolf
07-14-2014, 03:14 AM
I disagree. Asian religion....but the only one that is not absurd and insane like Christianity, Islam and Judaism. I prefer my people's true religion. But I do not hate Buddhists.

It's Aryan religion you racist prick! :laugh:

Óttar
07-14-2014, 03:23 AM
I wanted a Dharmic religion section for Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism. There are a billion Hindus and only 360 million Buddhists, so it's only fair.

arcticwolf
07-14-2014, 03:31 AM
I wanted a Dharmic religion section for Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism. There are a billion Hindus and only 360 million Buddhists, so it's only fair.

Dude I found your thread after I created this one today.

I am ok with your idea too.

Your math is fuzzy though, if I count Chinese Buddhists, and almost all of them are, there is more Buddhists than Hindus. :P

Aviator
07-14-2014, 04:10 AM
articwolf, are you an ethnic Pole?

Loki
07-14-2014, 04:15 AM
Confucianism is the true religion of peace. Only it's not really a religion. But in China they want to make it s religion now.

Loki
07-14-2014, 04:30 AM
Your math is fuzzy though, if I count Chinese Buddhists, and almost all of them are, there is more Buddhists than Hindus. :P

I think there are more Hindus.

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 01:29 AM
articwolf, are you an ethnic Pole?

Yes Sir, 100%.

Óttar
07-17-2014, 01:32 AM
Buddhism was suppressed by Maoism in China. Now, most Chinese people are atheists.

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 01:36 AM
Buddhism was suppressed by Maoism in China. Now, most Chinese people are atheists.

Dude, they said the same thing about Poland under communism. It's the most religious country in Europe, you do the math.

Óttar
07-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Dude, they said the same thing about Poland under communism. It's the most religious country in Europe, you do the math.

Currently there are about 1.3 billion Chinese living in the People's Republic. Surveys have found that around 18.2% to 20% of this population adheres to Buddhism.[64]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Buddhism#Reform_and_opening_up_-_Second_Buddhist_Revival

Aviator
07-17-2014, 02:41 AM
Yes Sir, 100%.

What made you pick up Buddhism?

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 03:02 AM

I think it picked me. I was kinda looking since I was very young I was aware something was wrong, all my family has been Christian for centuries, so I was growing up Christian, but I could never understand the blind faith part. Why have a mind if you just gonna accept what you are told? I questioned the common "wisdom" of "God works in mysterious ways", and some of the explanations did not make any sense to me like for instance, why would perfection have a need to create at all? Lonliness, lack of entertainment, I mean what reason would perfect have to create all this you see everyday? I heard out of love that really does not make any sense at all. Create something that did not exist before therefore did not suffer at all, then if it commits a "deadly sin" condemn it to eternal suffering. Out of love, really? How does that make sense to anybody, considering the creator is infinitely wise, "merciful" (see the irony here), and loving. :rolleyes:

Buddhism tells you to not believe in anything, demands you investigate reality, and follow it's ultimate nature. Gives control over your destiny to you, tells you , it's up to you and your effort. It's you and reality, no fairy tales. I like it that way.

Aviator
07-17-2014, 04:40 AM
I think it picked me. I was kinda looking since I was very young I was aware something was wrong, all my family has been Christian for centuries, so I was growing up Christian, but I could never understand the blind faith part. Why have a mind if you just gonna accept what you are told? I questioned the common "wisdom" of "God works in mysterious ways", and some of the explanations did not make any sense to me like for instance, why would perfection have a need to create at all? Lonliness, lack of entertainment, I mean what reason would perfect have to create all this you see everyday? I heard out of love that really does not make any sense at all. Create something that did not exist before therefore did not suffer at all, then if it commits a "deadly sin" condemn it to eternal suffering. Out of love, really? How does that make sense to anybody, considering the creator is infinitely wise, "merciful" (see the irony here), and loving. :rolleyes:

Buddhism tells you to not believe in anything, demands you investigate reality, and follow it's ultimate nature. Gives control over your destiny to you, tells you , it's up to you and your effort. It's you and reality, no fairy tales. I like it that way.

Why not just go with agnosticism or atheism instead of picking up another faith?

Aila
07-17-2014, 05:50 AM

I think it picked me.

Haha - This was my first thought as well. A bit corny to say, but nevertheless that is how it happened to me also.
I don’t see Buddhism as a “Faith” I see it more like a practical tool to explore Life, Universe and Everything a bit deeper.

AndreiUralian
07-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Dude I found your thread after I created this one today.

I am ok with your idea too.

essence of Buddhism - it's like Linux, only worse)) everyone thinks in his tune, but as it actually defines more personal experience than the global settings. :D

LightHouse89
07-17-2014, 11:52 AM
well so long as it does not preach cultural marxism like catholicism, sunni islam, protestantism etc......If I was a dictator those religions would be dismantled and anyone caught practicing them would be hanged publicly. I view the catholic church, protestant religions, islam etc.....all brainwash. All of them have become a threat to the demographic crisis where I live. For that alone they should be banned.

call me a Fascist :cool::thumb001:

LightHouse89
07-17-2014, 11:55 AM

shintoism is cooler than buddhism :cool:

AndreiUralian
07-17-2014, 12:17 PM
shintoism is cooler than buddhism :cool:

Thats actually a very great idea we should ban the word wide religious brainwashing as in reality everything is permitted in this universe and nothing is true, we should be more pagans and animists by nature even before people didnt create any religious ideologies that really i find very usless but how about chaos magick it seems more like a great theory
Chaos is the field that underlies all things which exist. In the beginning there was Chaos. Before the big bang all order was bound into the monoblock, a point smaller than an electron. All else was Chaos. After the big bang the various dimensions of order were spontaneously created by the inherent symmetry of the original matrix. These dimensions continue to expand through the continuum, but still the underlying Chaos remains active and potent. The nature of the Chaos field is dimly understood. Is it the complete absence of order, or does it correspond to an order not comprehended by Man? :D http://www.tryangle.fr/wp-content/uploads/tumblr_m00kgshOjV1r5l326o1_5001.png

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 12:52 PM
Why not just go with agnosticism or atheism instead of picking up another faith?

Buddhism is atheist, there is no concept of God, sin, soul etc, but it is highly spiritual, it seeks to understand human condition. Faith plays no role in Buddhism.

Life without spirituality is hollow.

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Haha - This was my first thought as well. A bit corny to say, but nevertheless that is how it happened to me also.
I don’t see Buddhism as a “Faith” I see it more like a practical tool to explore Life, Universe and Everything a bit deeper.

Exactly. You are wise. :thumb001:

Dombra
07-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Buddhism is atheist, there is no concept of God, sin, soul etc, but it is highly spiritual, it seeks to understand human condition. Faith plays no role in Buddhism.

Life without spirituality is hollow.

Asians tend to include religious mumbo jumbo though

AndreiUralian
07-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Exactly. You are wise. :thumb001:

Thats quite true but if even any morals that where created it was also a human made concept but what about if buddhists also would not include morals :D

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Asians tend to include religious mumbo jumbo though

Asians is a broad term.

As far as I know The version of Buddhism that is the closest to the original form is
Theravada Buddhism as practiced in Sri Lanka.

Obviously, rituals etc are meaningless in spiritual sense as Buddha said they don't matter in the least.

A lot of what appears as ritual, like chanting, mantras are actually mental tools to help develop conncentration, they are not really rituals but appear to be to the lay men.

Of course things like certain section of Buddhism where sex is practided to achieve enlightenment :rolleyes: is way off the teachings of Buddha. Well humans will try to bend anything to their liking.

Theravada is what I know.

Vektor
07-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Nie wierzysz w maryje?niektorzy mysla ze buddah to zlo

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Thats quite true but if even any morals that where created it was also a human made concept but what about if buddhists also would not include morals :D

Actually, there is a very natural system of moral code, do not do to others what you wish not done onto yourself. Killing, stealing, lying are not things people like done to themselves. It is not complicated at all, no supreme being needed to figure this out either.

AndreiUralian
07-18-2014, 01:54 AM
Actually, there is a very natural system of moral code, do not do to others what you wish not done onto yourself. Killing, stealing, lying are not things people like done to themselves. It is not complicated at all, no supreme being needed to figure this out either.
Yes that sounds quite a very simple concept but i mean that course the way we are created so we automaticly have some instincts very similar to each person but the theory about karma its completely fraudfull because if bhuddist took sciencse and knowledge about people so why they have to go and take some of the rules from wierd and retarded hindu rituals because bhuddist didnt create karma theory :D

arcticwolf
07-18-2014, 06:27 AM
Yes that sounds quite a very simple concept but i mean that course the way we are created so we automaticly have some instincts very similar to each person but the theory about karma its completely fraudfull because if bhuddist took sciencse and knowledge about people so why they have to go and take some of the rules from wierd and retarded hindu rituals because bhuddist didnt create karma theory :D

I am not sure what you understand by karma. Buddhist karma means intention. In other words, the intention behind the action makes that action ethical or not.

AndreiUralian
07-18-2014, 01:53 PM
I am not sure what you understand by karma. Buddhist karma means intention. In other words, the intention behind the action makes that action ethical or not.
thats true but lets say if in many situation you could have sometimes you should need to lie to not bother or hurt other person by any reason he could be bothered even yes if you dont mess with other people you would be in a quite good reputation for your self but still the morals is also a human made concept such as instincts of a person

arcticwolf
08-08-2014, 12:51 AM
thats true but lets say if in many situation you could have sometimes you should need to lie to not bother or hurt other person by any reason he could be bothered even yes if you dont mess with other people you would be in a quite good reputation for your self but still the morals is also a human made concept such as instincts of a person

Well, you do not know about the path of the right speech it appears, and how could you, you are not a Buddhist, no problem, let me explain what right speech is.

Right speech: no lies, no divisive speech, no abusive speech, no idle chatter. Said at the right time, with the right mindset, under the right circumstances. The key is intent, as intent is karma. The mind should be clear, at peace when you open your mouth to speak.

You always have the option to be silent, never miss a good opportunity to shut the fuck up.

If you cannot control your mouth, there is no way you can control your mind.

You can go further and practice Right Listening. You have one mouth and two ears, therefore you should listen twice as much as you speak.

Remember, you ain't learning much, when your lips are flapping.