PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD "WHO'S WHITER" THREADS BE MOVED TO TROLL SECTION-OFF TOPIC?

Raikaswinþs
07-16-2014, 08:10 PM
They really damage the quality of the board and its reputation as a good place for debate. Since they are un-scientific and purely trolling, should moderators move those threads directly to off topic/trolling sections?

Hubal
07-16-2014, 09:30 PM
We just need a "Who's whiter" section, that's all

Raikaswinþs
07-17-2014, 07:48 PM
We just need a "Who's whiter" section, that's all

as a section part of Trolling/Off Topic sub-forum...

Isleño
07-17-2014, 08:03 PM
They really damage the quality of the board and its reputation as a good place for debate. Since they are un-scientific and purely trolling, should moderators move those threads directly to off topic/trolling sections?

Yeah, I'm sure. I agree with your statement. If more people agree with this, I could move them when I come across them.

Raikaswinþs
07-17-2014, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I'm sure. I agree with your statement. If more people agree with this, I could move them when I come across them.

That would do a lot for the reputation of the board, perhaps you would lose a bit of traffic of trolls in the beginning (although the hardcore sociopaths would still be there) but in the long term you would attract a better base of core users that would feel that trolling and senseless sectarianism isn't tolerate din the main sections of the board.

Isleño
07-17-2014, 08:12 PM
That would do a lot for the reputation of the board, perhaps you would lose a bit of traffic of trolls in the beginning (although the hardcore sociopaths would still be there) but in the long term you would attract a better base of core users that would feel that trolling and senseless sectarianism isn't tolerate din the main sections of the board.
I agree. Let's see what others think here first.

Smaug
07-17-2014, 08:21 PM
Everytime I close them, someone else opens it. I agree with you on everything you said, but unfortunately we whom dislike these trollish and knavish threads are a minority.

Isleño
07-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Everytime I closed them, someone else opens it. I agree with you on everything you said, but unfortunately we whom dislike these trollish and knavish threads are a minority.
Some people like them I guess. I think they are trollish. Maybe we can just move them to the troll carnival and let the trolls get their fix. Maybe it'll keep them out of the better sub-forums for longer periods, lol

Raikaswinþs
07-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Some people like them I guess. I think they are trollish. Maybe we can just move them to the troll carnival and let the trolls get their fix. Maybe it'll keep them out of the better sub-forums for longer periods, lol

This is exactly what I was suggesting. I actually made a poll to go along this thread, but for some reason it did not go through. Maybe I'll make it again later...

Tooting Carmen
07-18-2014, 12:44 PM
When it comes to Europeans, they are troll threads. However, they can be interesting and legitimate when discussing other ethnic groups and nationalities, depending on how the threads are conducted.

Styrian Mujo
07-18-2014, 12:51 PM
I think exploring the "Whiteness" phenomena is very interesting and entertaining.

Isleño
07-18-2014, 08:34 PM
When it comes to Europeans, they are troll threads. However, they can be interesting and legitimate when discussing other ethnic groups and nationalities, depending on how the threads are conducted.

Yes, I can agree to that. But not the ones that compare a European ethnicity and a non-European ethnicity. But two non-European ethnicities, yes.

Black Wolf
07-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Yes they are pretty retarded threads.

Oneeye
07-18-2014, 09:42 PM
They're pointless, but it's amusing to see how whiteness is still envied.

Dandelion
07-18-2014, 09:44 PM
To some garbage bin section. Us Whites are aware we are perceived as awesome, but we're not that special.

Anglojew
07-18-2014, 10:21 PM
I take it you're not very white?

Dombra
07-18-2014, 10:35 PM
Everytime I close them, someone else opens it. I agree with you on everything you said, but unfortunately we whom dislike these trollish and knavish threads are a minority.

That "some one" you speak of is Loki himself :cool:

They deserve their on section in the Ethno Cultural discussion :cool2:

Smaug
07-18-2014, 10:51 PM
That "some one" you speak of is Loki himself :cool:

They deserve their on section in the Ethno Cultural discussion :cool2:

The problem with them is that you always pick the same ethnicities.

de Burgh II
07-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Makes sense. :dance:

TCDA1986
07-18-2014, 11:11 PM

I will back you if you do this, they are clearly a provocation, and also boring.