PDA

View Full Version : 3 Universal Characteristics

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 02:20 AM
This is one of the core Buddhist teachings.

All existence is impermanent, impersonal, and unsatisfactory.

Impermanence, I think the idea is self-explanatory, nothing lasts for ever, there is beginning, lifespan, and an end to every phenomenon physical or mental. No thing, no felling etc lasts for ever. This is not hard to grasp.

Impersonal, known aldo as selfless, the idea of no permanent entity being a part of a being, just a bunch of interdependent, existing because of underlying causes processes. All that you see in the mirror has no enduring, unchanging part to it, physical, mental, or spiritual. No soul.

Unsatisfactory, this is pretty easy to understand, no matter how pleasant, beautiful anything is we get tired of it eventually. Nothing changing can be satisfying for ever.

Nothing compound is free from those three conditions of existence.

It's time for you guys to get educated.

Discuss.

Dictator
07-17-2014, 02:22 AM
I doooon't believe it!

Sakis
07-17-2014, 02:38 AM
I have non of these characteristics,that makes me superior :)

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 02:40 AM
I doooon't believe it!

Good. There is nothing to believe in in Buddhism, all needs to verified experientially.

You have healthy Buddhist attitude! :thumb001:

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 02:41 AM
I have non of these characteristics,that makes me superior :)

No. Just unaware.

Dictator
07-17-2014, 02:56 AM
Good. There is nothing to believe in in Buddhism, all needs to verified experientially.

You have healthy Buddhist attitude! :thumb001:

I believe in what I can touch, smell, taste, hear and see. Btw, God tastes like raisins.

Sakis
07-17-2014, 02:57 AM
No. Just unaware.

This is just a belief.

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 03:17 AM
This is just a belief.

I know you think you can win mind games with a Buddhist, well, you cannot.
Anyhoo. Unless you have something of value to contribute to this thread, this is pointless, so no point going further with this.