PDA

View Full Version : The Second Noble Truth

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 03:39 AM
It states: desire is the cause of all suffering.

Desire for whatever gets everybody in trouble sooner or later, one way or another.

Discuss desire, your take on it.

Please make it count, you don't need to be Einstein, and it will be valuable, just refrain from being a smart ass it adds nothing of value.

Selurong
07-17-2014, 03:46 AM
It states: desire is the cause of all suffering.

Desire for whatever gets everybody in trouble sooner or later, one way or another.

Discuss desire, your take on it.

Please make it count, you don't need to be Einstein, and it will be valuable, just refrain from being a smart ass it adds nothing of value.

You still suffer even without desire. If you want to be really free of the cycle of reincarnation as Buddhism's ultimate goal is, you should remain Christian, a religion which doesn't believe in reincarnation anyway. If you die you go straight to the after-life, after which one will remain in eternity in pure enjoyment of the Logos. In Buddhism, after being enlightened you may still stay and may become a Bodhisattva (A person who gained enlightenment but won't enter Nirvanna yet) which is still susceptible to reincarnation.

Selurong
07-17-2014, 03:57 AM
____

However, I am not a against Buddhism and I would like our old Buddhist structures in Padang Lawas, Sumatra be rebuilt after the Hindu and Islamic sacking.
That Buddhist Tantra be recovered and studied. And there may be a new flowering of Buddhist philosophy, post-classically like there was a flowering of Greek-philosophy [which is pagan in origin] in Christian Europe.

Anyway, it's fun talking with you Arctic Wolf. I'm going to be banned soon (On my own request because I have IRL stuff to do) but I did learn alot about Buddhism and the analysis of direct reality as well as the methodology of mindfulness from you. Buddhists are cool.

arcticwolf
07-17-2014, 04:05 AM
However, I am not a against Buddhism and I would like our old Buddhist structures in Padang Lawas, Sumatra be rebuilt after the Hindu and Islamic sacking.
That Buddhist Tantra be recovered and studied. And there may be a new flowering of Buddhist philosophy, post-classically like there was a flowering of Greek-philosophy [which is pagan in origin] in Christian Europe.

Anyway, it's fun talking with you Arctic Wolf. I'm going to be banned soon (On my own request because I have IRL stuff to do) but I did learn alot about Buddhism and the analysis of direct reality as well as the methodology of mindfulness from you. Buddhists are cool.

Thank you kind Sir!

It's late I gotta hit the sheets, but I'll answer tomorrow, my eyes are closing.

You are a good guy, I learned a lot about Philippines from you.:thumb001:

See ya tomorrow.