PDA

View Full Version : Why Did Hamas Choose This Time To Escalate The Conflict?

Anglojew
07-19-2014, 02:58 AM
Why did Hamas choose this period to esculate the conflict with Israel?

Simply put, two reasons:

1. Hamas ran out of money and uses the propaganda received from an Israeli attack to gain more aid from Arabs, Muslims and Western charities.

February 2014

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — On Feb. 2, concerns seemed evident on the faces of governmental employees in the Gaza Strip, as they lined up in a long line in front of the Hamas-affiliated National Islamic Bank. They were waiting to receive their salaries, which had been reduced by 50% for the third month in a row.

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/02/hamas-gaza-salaries-payments-siege.html##ixzz37sYAG0dl

March 2014

Palestinian Islamic Jihad Militants fired at least 60 rockets at Israeli cities and towns, in the heaviest barrage since 2012. No direct injuries were reported, but a 57-year-old woman was lightly injured while taking cover in Sderot. At least eight rockets fell within communities, with one exploding near a gas station and another near a public library. Explosions rocked the cities of Sderot and Netivot, and sirens sounded as far away as Beersheba

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2014

This is a pattern that emerges every time Hamas starts another escalation in the conflict

http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/graph.jpg

2. ISIS - Remember them? Are they in the news anymore? No.

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), alternately translated as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) or the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (referring to Greater Syria; Arabic: الدولة الاسلامية في العراق والشام‎ al-Dawlah al-Islāmīyah fī al-ʻIrāq wa-al-Shām), also known by the Arabic acronym DAISH (Arabic: داعش‎ Dāʻish), now called simply the Islamic State (IS)[1][7][40] (Arabic: الدولة الإسلامية‎ al-Dawlah al-Islāmīyah), is an unrecognized state and active jihadist militant group in Iraq and Syria.

June 2014

Caliphate declared

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Islamic_State

http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE0LzA2LzEyLzgyL0lyYXFTeXJpYUlTLjgzNmZlLmpwZw pwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/e7b73d38/de5/Iraq-Syria-ISIS-ISIL-Map-June-12-2014.jpg

July 2014 Hamas increases missile fire and Israel retaliates.

Óttar
07-19-2014, 03:29 AM
Why would Western charities send money to support Hamas? If Westerners want to support the Palestinian cause it would be better for them to support the Gandhian style non-violence campaign which has actually been decently successful keeping the Israeli military and settlers from encroaching on Palestinian territory and wrecking the Palis land and olive trees.

Musso
07-19-2014, 03:37 AM
Hamas needs to go. If Palestinians want peace and stability they need to boot Hamas. It's an egoistical organization, just trying to pick a fight with Israel for their fantasy dreams of defeating Israel (never going to happen). Hamas is not stopping attacking Israel because it's butt-hurt that Israel is kicking their ass.

Anglojew
07-19-2014, 03:49 AM
Why would Western charities send money to support Hamas? If Westerners want to support the Palestinian cause it would be better for them to support the Gandhian style non-violence campaign which has actually been decently successful keeping the Israeli military and settlers from encroaching on Palestinian territory and wrecking the Palis land and olive trees.

I think the private charity mainly comes from Islamic charities in the West (some from Christian and lefty ones) eg http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/06/19/uk-palestinians-israel-charities-idUKKBN0EU1FE20140619

I haven't researched exactly who is funding Hamas/Gaza but I guess the Gulf States, the USA and Turks

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/turkey-may-provide-hamas-with-300-million-in-annual-aid-1.409708

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/hamas-u-s-reach-agreement-on-gaza-humanitarian-aid-1.378429

Musso
07-19-2014, 04:12 AM
I the private charity mainly comes from Islamic charities in the West eg http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/06/19/uk-palestinians-israel-charities-idUKKBN0EU1FE20140619

I haven't researched exactly who is funding Hamas/Gaza but I guess the Gulf States, the USA and Turks

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/turkey-may-provide-hamas-with-300-million-in-annual-aid-1.409708

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/hamas-u-s-reach-agreement-on-gaza-humanitarian-aid-1.378429

I'm sure Erdogan is funneling a lot of money to Hamas.

EyeOfTheTiger
07-19-2014, 10:28 PM
I'm sure Erdogan is funneling a lot of money to Hamas.
erdogan islamizes turkey and clearly wants to get a support from the arab world which is anti-zionist.
turkey is a new enemy i'd say.

Anglojew
07-19-2014, 11:38 PM
erdogan islamizes turkey and clearly wants to get a support from the arab world which is anti-zionist.

He's not trying to side with the Kurds or Alawites that's for sure.

Musso
07-19-2014, 11:55 PM

he believes in neo-ottoman ideology mixed with his pan-Islamist tendencies. Problem is, many Turks support him. Just the other day Turks attacked the Israeli embassy and raised the Palestinian flag over it.

Musso
07-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Are these the "Turkish allies" of Israel? Give me a break. They are as anti-Israeli as the Palestinians that are firing rockets at Israel all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgbJKAvmPfQ

Musso
07-20-2014, 12:00 AM
Turkish people burning the Israeli flag the other day (not the first time):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjJO7NuL560

Very anti-Israeli people.

DarkSecret
07-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Turkish people burning the Israeli flag the other day (not the first time):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjJO7NuL560

Very anti-Israeli people.

Are you funny or something?

Musso
07-20-2014, 12:04 AM
Are you funny or something?

Would you like to apologize on behalf of your people for this?

It troubles me that the people of Turkey, a NATO member and supposed ally of Israel, can be this anti-Israeli.

DarkSecret
07-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Would you like to apologize on behalf of your people for this?

It troubles me that the people of Turkey, a NATO member and supposed ally of Israel, can be this anti-Israeli.

80 million didn't gathered up and burnt Israel flag. They are obviously some radical islamist group and they are marginal. It is funny that you posted off-topic Turkish posts 10 times here just to make Jews to hate Turks. The truth is most people of Turkey against this unbalanced force of Israel. They don't attack Hamas they kill civilians. And even west criticize it and even Erdogan only criticize it not attacks on Hamas. Now go on burning Turkish flags in Armenia. You know burning flags very well...

DarkSecret
07-20-2014, 12:18 AM

NATO is not Israel and many NATO members criticize unbalanced attack.

Musso
07-20-2014, 12:21 AM
80 million didn't gathered up and burnt Israel flag. They are obviously some radical islamist group and they are marginal. It is funny that you posted off-topic Turkish posts 10 times here just to make Jews to hate Turks. The truth is most people of Turkey against this unbalanced force of Israel. They don't attack Hamas they kill civilians. And even west criticize it and even Erdogan only criticize it not attacks on Hamas. Now go on burning Turkish flags in Armenia. You know burning flags very well...

Of course all of Turkey didn't burn it, but the attack on the Israeli embassy was pretty prominent and troubling. And also, Erodgan has been saying very anti-Israeli things, and he is very popular in Turkey and will be elected again. So I don't see how any of this is marginal.

NATO is not Israel and many NATO members criticize unbalanced attack.

yes, but NATO generally is supportive of Israel. In my view, as a member of NATO, Turkey has a duty to be pro-Israel.

DarkSecret
07-20-2014, 12:27 AM
Of course all of Turkey didn't burn it, but the attack on the Israeli embassy was pretty prominent and troubling. And also, Erodgan has been saying very anti-Israeli things, and he is very popular in Turkey and will be elected again. So I don't see how any of this is marginal.

yes, but NATO generally is supportive of Israel. In my view, as a member of NATO, Turkey has a duty to be pro-Israel.

It's not on the NATO laws. Yes those are marginal groups and may want Israel to be destroyed but even Erdogan supporters not anti-Israel they are anti-cruelty and anti-israeli government. Erdogan recently said "noone should attack Jews in Turkey they are under our protection and our problem is only with Israeli government."

Musso
07-20-2014, 12:30 AM
It's not on the NATO laws. Yes those are marginal groups and may want Israel to be destroyed but even Erdogan supporters not anti-Israel they are anti-cruelty and anti-israeli government. Erdogan recently said "noone should attack Jews in Turkey they are under our protection and our problem is only with Israeli government."

Israel is defending itself against Hamas, and Hamas needs to go. And notice, I'm talking about Turkey being anti-Israeli not anti-Jewish (though Antisemitism is still high in Turkey). Erdogan again, has been saying hurtful things about Israel, and if I was Israeli I would be offended. Yet, a majority of Turks have still voted for this anti-Israeli person. So I don't see how Turkey in any way is pro-Israeli or a brother of Israel. A brother supports his brother in times of war.

DarkSecret
07-20-2014, 12:32 AM
Israel is defending itself against Hamas, and Hamas needs to go. And notice, I'm talking about Turkey being anti-Israeli not anti-Jewish (though Antisemitism is still high in Turkey). Erdogan again, has been saying hurtful things about Israel, and if I was Israeli I would be offended. Yet, a majority of Turks have still voted for this anti-Israeli person. So I don't see how Turkey in any way is pro-Israeli or a brother of Israel. A brother supports his brother in times of war.

He is just pretending to be anti-Israel for the elections. Israel knows it.

DarkSecret
07-20-2014, 12:44 AM

That was a joke.

Rudel
07-20-2014, 12:47 AM
Hamas is simply testing Israel's "Iron Dome" to assess its throttling level and its bottlenecks.

Musso
07-20-2014, 12:52 AM

He's a very popular politician, and people especially like him for speaking as he does about Israel's policies. I doubt he is a closet pro-Israeli guy, saying those things just to get elected.

Kiyant
07-20-2014, 12:59 AM
He's a very popular politician, and people especially like him for speaking as he does about Israel's policies. I doubt he is a closet pro-Israeli guy, saying those things just to get elected.

Since Erdogan Turkeys and Israel trade is growing

Musso
07-20-2014, 01:02 AM
Since Erdogan Turkeys and Israel trade is growing

I'm sure a good amount of trade happens, but politically the two countries don't seem that united. It seems politically Turkey always supports Palestine over Israel. For example, in the UN recognition drive, Turkey was Palestine's biggest supporter. So again, how is Israel an ally of Turkey? Any ally doesn't do this.

Kiyant
07-20-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm sure a good amount of trade happens, but politically the two countries don't seem that united. It seems politically Turkey always supports Palestine over Israel. For example, in the UN recognition drive, Turkey was Palestine's biggest supporter. So again, how is Israel an ally of Turkey? Any ally doesn't do this.

Ally doesnt mean to be brainlessly defending everything

Musso
07-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Ally doesnt mean to be brainlessly defending everything

Ally means to stand at your ally's side in a time of war. Turkey is not standing at Israel's side at this time.

legolasbozo
07-20-2014, 08:01 PM

Man little kids killed in the beach, what the fuck are you talking about? Go and check google images, if you still insist about israel oppressions you should be a lunatic. Those kids were not hamas members. Whole world shut their mouths up when nazis made a genocide for jews, so west still has trying to get rid off their sins as keep silence for palestinians. İsrael is spoilt child of the world, after 100 years i m sure they will allow palestinians whatever they do, because this is their method. When israel being critize Everytime they play "genocide card" they think this is a free pass for their acts, this is sick.

Musso
07-20-2014, 10:09 PM
Man little kids killed in the beach, what the fuck are you talking about? Go and check google images, if you still insist about israel oppressions you should be a lunatic. Those kids were not hamas members. Whole world shut their mouths up when nazis made a genocide for jews, so west still has trying to get rid off their sins as keep silence for palestinians. İsrael is spoilt child of the world, after 100 years i m sure they will allow palestinians whatever they do, because this is their method. When israel being critize Everytime they play "genocide card" they think this is a free pass for their acts, this is sick.

I am saddened that such children are killed, but is Hamas not to blame for the deaths of those children? They are the ones hiding in family homes, also hiding their weapons there, they are the ones that have said having such human shields and human causalities is good for their cause. Honestly, it is Hamas to be blamed for the deaths of those innocent civilians more than anyone else. If Hamas cared about its people it would stop throwing rockets at Israel, unite with the Moderate Palestinians and come to a deal with the Israelis, so its people can live in peace and prosperity. They need to get the illusion out of their head that they are going to defeat Israel. No one is. They are egotistical maniacs.

pinguino
07-20-2014, 10:11 PM
This time, I believe Israel has every right to defend itself from aggression. This time there is no doubt the conflict was started by the idiots of Hamas.